A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

I was able to grab a 4th FP for Living with the Land later that night so we could see it lit up.
Oh! Right. Have to remember that for future trips.
Which way did we go? Canada or Mexico?

Mexico won.
Of course. Always save the best for last.

:rolleyes1
Do you see Dennis, Danielle & John Paul? I'm once again lagging behind them.
The curse of the photographer. :)
The first time I saw the movie I was surprised with how much I really enjoyed it.
me too!
We haven't eaten here since 2004, but Dennis keeps asking to go back.
Then you should do that... when it's possible.
I thought the grass roof looked really green for December.
Spray paint works great!

I'm kidding. I have no idea.
We stopped for frozen drinks at the African Outpost and John Paul had fun making some music.
:) Didn't know they had that there.
There was a German band playing which was very festive.
Yuss...
Nothing says Christmas like Germany.
I got the Fondue Cheese, Pork Schnitzel and Potato Dumpling for us to share.
Whoa... that sounds... I'm drooling!
When we made it to Italy I finally caught a Christmas Storyteller -La Befana. She was very entertaining but I was pretty far back and it was really hot with the sun blazing down on us. I did not make it through the whole story.
Shame, but... heat stroke is not a good thing.
I can never get enough of listening to VOL.
::yes::
I'd love to hear them sing Carols.
I wanted some of the gingerbread houses.
Those are really something!

The VOL look so Dickenson to me in their beautiful outfits and always sound great.

That is the perfect description for VOL at Christmas. I really enjoyed the songs they have done while the parks have been closed. I liked looking for the singers I'm familiar with and seeing them in their everyday look.

I’m betting things look even more festive after dark

Lights really do dress things up.

ETA I like the sound of your plans for your trip with Daniella and I'm glad you managed to get your park days reserved. Think a lot of people had a nightmare of a time sorting those out so well done to you!

After ready about everyone else's experiences I'm feeling pretty good about my wait time.

Nope!
It's too new. Not many people have been yet. When I went that last time to try the spicy chicken, there was a fairly steady stream, but due to the virus and due to it's relative newness, the place was far from "busy".

Please pass the word around about how good they are.

I know how those are. Hope you're getting some rest now.

After my 3 day weekend I'm feeling like I'm getting caught up finally.

2 hours... that's good, actually. I've been reading so many horror stories.

I'm feeling much better about my wait now. It was very frustrating at the time. I had Disney up on one screen and the Dis forums on another trying to see if anyone had figured out how to make it work. The forums did help me get in. I made my reservations with about 2 minutes to spare before I had to walk out the door to go to work.

Ugh. I hate it when anything takes me out of the bubble.

Me too, but it's better than no bubble.

Oh! Right. Have to remember that for future trips.

I think it was @Lesley Wake that clued me in on this and I'm glad she did.

Of course. Always save the best for last.

That's exactly what we were thinking! (not). Actually Dennis really likes the band that plays there so we did want to make sure to hear them.

Then you should do that... when it's possible.

I'm thinking we should. There are just so many more places we haven't tried.

Spray paint works great!

I'm kidding. I have no idea.

:sad2:

Didn't know they had that there.

Slow down and take a look next time. . . . whenever that may be.

Whoa... that sounds... I'm drooling!

It was! Danielle and I still talk about he cheese.

Shame, but... heat stroke is not a good thing.

Especially in December.

I'd love to hear them sing Carols.

I would love to hear them sing Carols again.

Those are really something!

Yes they were.

Please pass the word around about how good they are.
I have been!
After my 3 day weekend I'm feeling like I'm getting caught up finally.
Good. :)
Me too, but it's better than no bubble.
Ah. Yes, very true.
Well, then thanks, Lesley!
I'm thinking we should. There are just so many more places we haven't tried.
Always the dilemna.
Slow down and take a look next time. . . . whenever that may be.
<sigh> yeah...

If the MK does close @ 7 we were thinking of going to Beaches & Cream or going somewhere for a late breakfast/early lunch on Sunday.
Can I suggest Topolino Terrace? I really liked their brunch and the characters are cute (even if you can't take photos with them, its worth seeing them parade around). Plus great views on the terrace, and if you do end up at a skyliner resort, super easy to get there! Otherwise I would recommend Boma at AKL - so yummy and then you can always have animal viewing chill time afterwards!
I didn't get to see it this year! By the time I could do LwtL at night, it was Jan 1st, and they had taken down half the lights :(
Another trip!

I have been!

Thank you!

Always the dilemna.

And it never ends.

Can I suggest Topolino Terrace? I really liked their brunch and the characters are cute (even if you can't take photos with them, its worth seeing them parade around). Plus great views on the terrace, and if you do end up at a skyliner resort, super easy to get there! Otherwise I would recommend Boma at AKL - so yummy and then you can always have animal viewing chill time afterwards!

This is actually one of the places we're thinking about. We thought it would be a great choice on the day we're leaving. I'm waiting to see where we end up. I don't think Boma is going to be open.

I didn't get to see it this year! By the time I could do LwtL at night, it was Jan 1st, and they had taken down half the lights :(
Another trip!

I'm so sorry you missed it. I'm sure you'll make there again.

Mom left the party telling up to me. Which is awesome, but as she said I’ve been very busy. If you’ve read anything of mine, you’ll know this is a constant theme. I’m starting to think that maybe I enjoy a little bit of chaos? Whoops. But I’m in my LAST WEEK of my teaching certification classes and I take my combined elementary education praxis next weekend. I had an interview at Gia’s school last week and it didn't work out, but that's okay. I haven't given up yet, but was actually offered something at my old job. So we will see where it all goes. With logistics of me being the only parent home and now with COVID changes to our school year, I’m kind of freaking out. But I know everything will work out however it should. So keep me in your thoughts and good vibes, please.

In the midst of all this super fun, over the top, chaos as usual… we also ABSOLUTELY had to celebrate my 30th and Danielle’s 21st birthday. We have literally been talking about this since she turned 10 and I turned 19. Our birthdays are 2 days apart, so we’ve spent most of Danielle’s life celebrating together. As young kids it kinda sucks, but as adults it’s actually a lot of fun! I love sharing that with my sister.

As most of you know, we had planned to go to Disney and I had promised my sister we would drink around the world. She was supposed to be there and working. But… you know, 2020 has been a terrible joke, so none of that came to fruition. But something Jimmy and I did a lot of during our quarantine time was trying to make the best of situations by getting creative. Instead of “hey, the church is literally closed, we can’t even renew our vows this year” we painted a castle on the fence, and had Gia officiate a vow renewal in the sandbox.
I-ssJGmLzCY8UFVMypJ2YFteEKvIUCYVqW38rS9EHEqFz_aXZ6BHJZ-GK3LKbxBbHYnbEiw5pwM37jN2rGH4S89dLYF82GKKlnQK3L3ycIUyZTRQa7-UPQIvbmfnK6z6ydCQz9jP

fExtHw9VaiLz4VxCiKZACyFFtep9Nh0oQtfslYbOoETXvVXWFa1KrKj-hsDS-8DBoXujNQFFJDVpdgxTKVX82whTfNZlX-OANLrenSJjg2mw6qlNBCDARU2A5AjZeZYUQhqvKGCe

This was all symbolic of how we got married at Disney on the beach outside of the Poly. But OMG we had the best time doing that! So that got me thinking about our birthday… let’s bring Drinking around the world HERE.

Thus “Michelle and Danielle’s World Showcase” was born.

We made a Facebook event and invited family and friends. We also asked anyone interested to “sponsor a country”. I told everyone to kind of go with the idea of Food and Wine Festival. And if you didn't know what that was… Google it, because it’s awesome.

Here’s the Invite, my friend Christine made for us.

ctU-4HyRqs0ps21KjlJ2HWWR3ZE350fckY3LL5eUPiHpaaOhUp-pa_tmt9d9Y1UpMT28UJ5PRPBXVlLisFlgxCiT-cfEg7v2TZ4NoI84zFORbVHrlvzdnA-SxMqM51eCZTAzNQiJ

We asked that all countries have a food or treat and a drink, and of course DECOR!

Before we knew it, all World Showcase countries had been taken! I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! And everyone was, like, really excited. It wasn’t just the Massey Family being Extra kinda party. Eh, sometimes that happens. What can I say, we bring the fun! We had planned to do it in my back yard, but it was supposed to rain that day. Spoiler alert, it did NOT. But it WAS hot as Hades! My bestie brought som industrial fans for us and that made it much more bearable. But in the end we had an ABSOLUTE BLAST. I kept forgetting it was my birthday because it just felt like an awesome party!

Mom and I made these for each country’s table.
7uEZmemlF4-BNlvQVUDiU2-CEnf0oVyynPllESysjdMPC7Lf-xsTUBNuFyV1QAgYeXBrys2uu3AKjaVLkDtuGUQd_5b_wReV27zorxYVbucqgVffNETJVUmX45iNPYvMq3m6_V-0

I also made a “trivia ticket” for each country. We had the idea of a passport/trivia situation. That didn’t come to fruition, but to be fair we weren’t sure of the logistics of it all, anyway.

Danielle and I have always joked about being Elsa and Anna. So I got us shirts from Etsy. Mine said, “The wine never bothered me, anyway.” And Danielle’s said, “Do you wanna have a cocktail?” THEY WERE SO CUTE. But when Danielle’s arrived it was the wrong shirt. It said, “My favorite water polo player calls me grandpa.” I told the seller and they shipped me the correct one asap and told me to keep that one. So that’s what I gave my dad for father’s day! As luck would have it, Danielle’s showed up the monday AFTER the party. So we will have to have a photoshoot another time.

I’ll just post some pictures now… The fun part!

tw27HAU6PhHWMKWDGwn2Jl7Xpqq8p_JCrwKTcj5o_myr9FdNPvdCxcIbYk-rzXT4PJZCGFUTcjvJ7pPgdDPJFEUHdXcrppzN1OK1e3QoinkbM-IsXuTVSBBmx3GaKkpe745Sy_T6

We will start with Mexico. Some 7 layer did and MARGARITAS. These are my friends that we do a monthly margarita night. They were the first ones on board to pick a country.
y5VZAXe9Emt8PSkCNIWbY43nrZoEaR03CF6l41o3l_UyJ6u_AOwUTVRs-PzTyrPXd9JZOmYuMWqes90xwv_xrs-m8_syk4owu8V4XQr9_cYBmIwk6PGFZQCpmjtqvr07GbvOyMGe

uu3kBjt3FLoIRPoYISt830MOwGK0Ia01Ih2y6tdjI3I2RRxBanMnz67np88BghSLDLcz_Fa9WQF23c3ypbqEPfict0mafpdSTA4EknuGEe4iw5V-0KKWPj61Ct_9WX5v9XsG0Vrm

Then Norway. This was my friend, Lindsey. She’s a nurse at the local Woman’s hospital and has two kids. So she came alone with the kids and just did a Frozen table to keep it easy on herself, and the kids enjoyed helping. Blue punch and some oreo ball “snowballs”.
YaUk2Hhr2ekCY6S-0mHThHohnR1IpIb0XEE78RJK2_PeIqvFI8AAm_DQqHW5UIO32Pb8Outr1gjEZPB0gTqoMMF5XLCXR2M3UJRnYNkTqeEABP78ZV7JBN1O5YHaqezB6-ucbmAk

Now China. This was Danielle’s friend’s table. We weren’t sure if they were coming after the recent surge in covid cases. But they did come, and the carport was full, so they were able to come and enjoy but still socially distance and their table was right outside the carport, along my fence.
Bfx08Ml3B0JzNogEj-iut6tTEkrcZ0w8Larle2dhu5GHXWLqdgCvgTiWyNh3hXH6PxZpKEmggdc96XYyJnFU_hAyWCVydM3osrrr11nn5NpobiNv1uhJncJdgIP6AP-p9ZS9NTiY

I couldn’t tell you what they had to drink. By the time they were all setup, I had been around most of the world and can’t recall. But they had some amazing fried rice!

Now, Germany. Gia wanted her own country, but another one of Danielle’s friends had wanted to bring a german chocolate cake. That didn’t happen, and Princess Gia was too hot to do anything else to her booth LOL. But we had some violet lemonade and chocolate covered pretzels.
w6xX4nKDwZVFJYoVB1CzzdK3jDU80aCzKgmriI-D4yTeZ1DZbffO4pvSDWVFfXKLYW2LLjJVvOrDa4upLZpGCaT2otXGfaP7-xML_p-kE9mn4VW9jc81n_d7ghFAXdpLh3ZaLsAB

Next is Italy. This one Jimmy and I took on. He’s got strong Italian roots, and we’ve been making a lot of ravioli from scratch with his grandmother’s pasta maker. So we served Gramma’s ravioli with a meaty red sauce. I also had lots of Italian cookies that we got at World Market. And I had gotten a few bottles of Italian wine… of which my husband broke into before the party. And when I fussed at him, he had already had enough to laugh about it. I wasn’t laughing. BUT he did karaoke Montel Jordan’s “This is How We Do It” for me. So he’s been forgiven.

OD6bE0_d3dkvM4JcXGNt_7IKs464ljElGM9gxcZNekqEgVCkqj8CAKYhz5zUzS3FGgTSc7ndrGgI257BG1eQ3esyjngqfLfJbFAdZiB7U3JEPjRZcr_b3w-ZLUodnBX4jPLkc_Z0

njjS8Kh-xV_bjXXDonK2VsOwimfkpvFjOpCYWgomRpBvCOf1DPE6JgrHDGUOVsH0G9PQGyRdSAB0IemACr1S14M9yh_KZnYQkt7m-4OvXuqI59h9l_MViYZY2JY_3Xaw9rCrfgYe

Next is the American Adventure. So when Danielle and I went to Austin in May, we stopped at my Uncle Dean’s on the way back home in Lake Charles. We mentioned the party and he’s like I’M THERE! USA! USA! USA! He’s a big entertainer, himself. Throws lots of parties and what not. So I knew they’d bring their A game. They have about a 2.5 hours drive to us, so I wasn’t sure what he had planned, but I knew he was excited. He brought mcdonalds burgers, apple pies, twinkies, american beer. It was HILARIOUS!

VL_FHcEUT6lbmpPyPvHrKbmw-pp7mErPKnoCJdKol3r5YM9TCqBE5uzTZgLA-22Stb30FpEmaKlHv8EEbZsUiGxEpWOxjHkF38K29iqetIcYNAF3L36_jgRu8gH9emJt_6fIGQA1

This is Uncle Dean (he’s in a hat from France).
OvFMv6LHqUHiJkDnkr-Pk-TbXKg6s17MOotBXyG29dFYVeuFZgOTBD8tN4CpLeYtKlJ9elEXXvUUboNbP90v3zuH3irmEbUQaagiLBK293LJ8kFyWnDIVF42lCIa3-oO6AUoAMZw

Next is Japan. Danielle and her boyfriend did this one. They didn’t put any thought into it until the few days before, and then he skipped out because he said he wanted to socially distance. In Danielle’s word, “Yeah, Mom and Michelle got this. I’m just going to show up and party.”
She did get some stuff form the local Asian market. We had plum saki shots, mochi ice cream, and some candies.
hJQcxhAgqp6f0AY9LI9zmL_zvgljshqaBaky1EDiiRWo9LPN2LffZ4ksz_0Ov3FXGLmq0cI7LQNWAtFd_em_IhkAXXtSbUZmZhKnaCPQapQ5sRamWPHegg5rO0g3_Up1-3GzuvM_

Next was Morocco. You may remember my cousin Chelsea. She’s a hoot! SHE WAS SO EXCITED about this that she got a babysitter and just went all out. She was even texting me, “What are you going to wear?” She was pumped. Now, Morocco is actually DRY and the national drink is mint tea. So she made a version of a margarita that she called a mo-rocking-rita. But she also had some homemade hummus and snacks.
tkJBOeQwru8KNIYGCRgTSRCyZ4ZpNl0C_EhctMV1FZRc2JMcPWfOBTN4o849k3nuhU__8ie1_XsjBe0S_I4NE2RVFEf4mo-OgddDpjkb6ZeaA7JMSOePtnl6MFyzRDLoeSaMNE08

iYnSZcVkK4NBaHVXpzcbia1zHmUurEyh_gserk7N5BBh47DWC6_UQtZBC-qWGSGaBHbGUt9B6YMGBVEOV9NbSUnnMXmLaBQC5jHh6EO5RyvStto9bJ2Ut7bh2o1gZQd--3oKsS_e

Next is France. Mom and Dad had this one. MOM BROUGHT IT! Homegirl went all out!!!! She wanted to get croissants and Dad’s only contribution was to make them sandwiches so we had more “food”. But it was a great idea!
rIXarMcTuUVM9HjG9p7wRCoAaJCsY70Dudwr12LmwYYu-HCOu5sJ5fjwty9vy2o9acggAdo_gtkcs1zcC53E-VqDsoYCOxjONrgTl53xkSYZ7x4f7p7iW7-403Ys81aL1_TZHu_F

uQR8VbzKK65pNL6nkdNENdyrxk9uCXeKdEe1Xjzi70RYdB2-jm1hbb5p-W3ssyUkEORDt9tkuO9QBE75deFrcozjPz30T-d1aMl_yrjyvgvg9OznYA-YVCb80MJqd6C3w-Ah00nD

This is the beginning of her Grand Marnier slushy… funny story here.
Back in 2012 was the first “adultish” trip we took and we had tried drinks around the world this trip. Mom’s dad was a cajun-french man that had to learn English in school. But you would not know it by talking to mom. So we’re in France and she really wanted to try the Grand Marnier slushy. I worked in a restaurant for years and we practiced and practiced how to say it. We finally go to order it in France and she’s like, “I’d like one grand mar- grand marn- grand mar-ner… I WANT THE ORANGE SLUSHY!” Major face palm moment, and boy do we still laugh about this. One of Mom’s quicks is her inability to pronounce things correctly. But coming from a french background was just the icing on the cake in that moment.
So that’s what mom made. And it was a big deal LOL

Next up UK. This was Jimmy’s best friend, Cage and his wife. They drove in from New Orleans and brought bacon wrapped dates and Pimm’s cups. BOTH WERE AMAZING. They’re foodies and I knew whatever they brought would be amazing. But we ran out of space, so they shared a table with Norway.
T-B9cULWV9pbWEjJ7q2WuRYWQcGvlcaHmiYUD6nB0wX87Kq_gybJiisC0X44lH92TPgfgKKjWrdBTjARVNV8RMumOCLuvQ9EGZV-FIrDe2s6fIh-05KUoJOG1_9Rzoj-4ax4q-qq

Saved the best for last….
OH! CANADA! @pkondz
o_qMXL8aYAGyUtpafqtAQfINYSYfifqQFHLE9db-sUoexdtmwyFl82gjzFtjsdSQzlgK77tTsNAN3uWMblZFdQDU1rlHUhK1H-x9HYeMiFPROUM8XXy4OWnZMzNDgg9NKEf_5nhs

wM_XdYXc73wtEdlhWnR-o9je56iwmAJijc-GAn_DnRRHZ_z5Fm5xL1N1VuLXMC8Ecnu2e3sqBhKupcknj_wsy85JEBGPksC-FcHmDnuJ7-Pc4UagobU__B-3XlNidxsJ5pEjSSNb

They also drove in and brought ginger beer, poutine, and homemade maple popcorn. THAT POPCORN OMG was so amazing.

vquqD6Zi-CfqVtMPoUeBKusATECAXFhKOnDy_Uzz8pVfUPFT7XKurCGU1KBKY3tFRi1UwLJ0SRzlUbBUhkZfsb1MNdkg-R7Vv-VelMgD33HvYwb0Aj8bf1Ud-Q0w2e0rauC5ZvyC

The kids had a lot of fun.
gwoHpPBhhY5mhB1VVldJsgGtvqZYf3Ckf2NFFipD5TW8a5uRSE-ZMvGeAdgOc9UOhK5OP4FnAwSCTeZ7JwqOEZxTULq4Ngtk3O166YotUnsPLsmnlCSEGf6H9ZPBUPjfs2aU9jY5

ETXimaUjthGL1NGEMKRV5XJBdqv-EJdSf7sAse0Fazlizy7xHBO873S9BCqmclSc5UBVri1rJAzc3e0nd2jk53aiH7b57nm8WNimJzBivt5FMkcOluGYJ8bBZCQxAZiefO8iCoQQ

My cousin, Austin, came as a “tourist”.
wdBC7dDMd0Ac49SnHrNiGZiAFqawHTuMOOQDAE5Q17m0sStD4lffk0gVgWWlbo6f5UPECckFxC6_UEvp4dYbqsPXA5CUxHzMZ9PWJVJZ1ZkG7BMOn7WCRHytVgRuL693Ir9cO54T

jmaafsTfo0diDgvQpmDj-L1yNUVueD0QvsDi1cSM4J8or1qhMVI_49-n8a9m9vy-TTkgqflh6Xv16rRTAtNmUzTNXZGm86VrkrQ-6-Qk_PaOXabhVp8M0ngnndhZimKJb_j-oAKJ

I made this photo op, and I don’t think it actually got used much. We were going for a food and wine vibe.
2Tx_fkuuVITwqAxe1mA86pvt88-2_sQyXDN-shiR0cSli5FHkLIzTM006WXgKEPoVLuJLjCT-N4F59GC_UcZ-m7FdTNb3PytiYZ1OxbjXf3-6bli5Ag9ToJoRwKHfRCMrnAxTbQ2

xQS9A12WtS3QTjOZL_kgxPkZOpAd9LoyvkkMI3T659lB2jXcQmX49ju6FeNtN-hPfcK3c8_9M16KatDl6IqYt5R_zQm_6vSB42N-qKBLJlytRxy0OS05grr3TI-D6-lprd3kgF9F

qNc_2PKFd-XODRYVMBKn8lu6ooxIePxyO9WdVJ9qKogdJbQ_L9ZAwgkUtrks3tlum4pBWgrh0z1xGduW525EXzAGGcgCcVf4kGcRG9hZnLhsRYpb0T__SkgOSxW_SQx50tRgmVCd

q35DJTdcErhDUEqUEjpxSpcrSSg7h0h3EMGPFcGn9HCNIQcqpASkDbi-xIOwpdlK1yMcuenak-PltI6Y22JI9zotEQTIa70ijAgNp7WU-EuWdSToIEGZTseal4Du83d1wQyNmAJc

Brent came, too. But remained socially distanced.

wBarQJVY8pnTVUCxA_j-uYUahq-4umdGFVaRUmmS_T4ofSV7riu3h8bZbTsY-nNOlmb1hiBL5Y36T3sbFDU01ek6BaPqI4g16mQik-hJty5LiEIBsyVQSKtbpBzTk0tIl0_8zBhq

And as every good Massey party goes… we ended the night with karaoke. ALWAYS. But you know who always kicks it off? John Paul. He and Ben (son of the UK table) serenaded the Happy Birthday song for us.
Ah9AptZserxn11zqgJXfmwOZhhJ6yKVwqcG6cyyq78TN57pTpk9ruvy3h8TC01x2Bng8H3yPwv2S4vqN51iLmjP-I6XXs2522mIfexLjGhzz6LLtruaLwN9XQHWWOMnqQH2UXTFe

This is just a screenshot from the cutest video ever. I may or may not watch it ALL THE TIME.

sh5f8I6umgKvMsx4AEAXxcTTV1YIQTYXw3GZbnA97uiJjJHSQVLcKkX_eTmP5ONemKUv_TxXSKcrqKpULj2v1dMuDttfak4toJs8keydkhKxrei8gIF4aPoYsi_CD3EkCi3me0Js

I will willingly post this extremely unflattering picture because it shows just how serious we take our parties.
lfl4FB2NIUhNku6hwFOwGJJVTaWPAiixr-Vdl2W8QUTs1gz58f6xOv_vh_AslYLxtyZC8Nut1q6hQOaA-gYfkrICgiZXNKxvsD5RivIoIBm44Mz9NOApZpvqj-goXjzv_P0NCOnY

JEAopkW4oLRKDYOUj_QBXONTDi-ApgGdjVkx6Xv22CdOLNx-se2mEw9euWzaKynNT256cKZD2_7fgEDl-94z2V7UuW7fMQA9h9FcFPniYl6jdZX3nEy2Zv1W5H83dOVpMHXvWNxP

4vbT7EfGgZsZxkA1knYnLgj0qX6ymN_lhcDA2Op8bY5aMgU9E5yu-ECQ1203177dKK2sl_10p2_3iDmcS66M53gAvbBcPTkM_yCueYLdhHPtkPJLBm0TLAWXER6azR9W-6I_E4XK

XGh74Uv-mYkdsFCvTqW-k8laeKUy75aZYVMgI2gDQacurR0xocXI1VwCH4j9NksVozaYxe2mRUcL6_EsLb7Suq_brhHH4f3s1O7aFeeFUcMjbGH55h7XdBb4chQxhQdFy7UBPI3Y

eVpckbi-vI2nQ7NhnlPvs3sOwFaYpNNTmpzphdLx27Jj8EFhMEuu_ONwCPpwBzMkXKWpeNKBTRYhGHYOt_JovFL7bpd65v7qyYdW8kGtzok0D6UhPN85qnNmXb1audbk-SPVd2wa

A4LWU9zRncLY0pWS57HTKXDYQzZm1Pv0FfaIS37b4-HukgSkjoO646OcqkWllmFtlaFT0q5j5sbI6d9NUhMSazFHOrtfsW0d1Jey2d8CueypXf-PY33eEI7OIH2NThHdk5tGxSFY

1Sk_NESp5JKYEFW8UlVrGVtg1O4-sUXChKQPAWLRPVz1C_AmSBu5fjNMraKh5zD-5ep1rFX94z7x4nwGWfirOOouah7xnUUN1UMkd7EmSfovtvVWr6u6RecnFL0zne6xvepJJHj-

r3CMr8IcW6ykK5y3igyamMTSBymcBIWQAnlWWcO4A0_45QGDMlEtMQ1YNP-1yYeXz_bvynI9UuqIIPCIS-WuiAqgycuGP3CDdqc51c4d8Ks_7ToQPqTB64IC3g4nWksw-wghiMYN

This was the cake we got. It’s missing a piece because Chelsea’s husband got hungry. I guess that’s what drinking around the world will do to you.

I wish I had a picture of all the trivia tickets. I still have them, so maybe I’ll post one later for fun for everyone! It’s a mix of Disney and country related trivia.

OMG we had so much fun. Everyone told me what a great idea it was and we just had so much fun doing it.

I’m starting to think that maybe I enjoy a little bit of chaos? Whoops.
:rolleyes1
But I’m in my LAST WEEK of my teaching certification classes and I take my combined elementary education praxis next weekend.
You got this!!! :goodvibes
I had an interview at Gia’s school last week and it didn't work out, but that's okay. I haven't given up yet, but was actually offered something at my old job. So we will see where it all goes.
Geez, right now who really knows what's going to happen with schools this fall. I won't get into the politics part, but it sure is... interesting times right now.
So keep me in your thoughts and good vibes, please.
:hug:
You bet.
we also ABSOLUTELY had to celebrate my 30th and Danielle’s 21st birthday. We have literally been talking about this since she turned 10 and I turned 19.
Wow! Long time planning!
Our birthdays are 2 days apart, so we’ve spent most of Danielle’s life celebrating together. As young kids it kinda sucks, but as adults it’s actually a lot of fun!
That's really interesting. I neve thought of it from that perspective.
She was supposed to be there and working. But… you know, 2020 has been a terrible joke, so none of that came to fruition.
Yeah... :(
we painted a castle on the fence, and had Gia officiate a vow renewal in the sandbox.
Love those photos! Especially you being carried and Gia recreating the shoe. Nice job to whoever painted the castle!
Here’s the Invite, my friend Christine made for us.
Wow! That's really creative!
I kept forgetting it was my birthday because it just felt like an awesome party!
That's a good thing, yes?
Mom and I made these for each country’s table.
Like those. :)
Mine said, “The wine never bothered me, anyway.” And Danielle’s said, “Do you wanna have a cocktail?”
:lmao:
Perfect!!
But when Danielle’s arrived it was the wrong shirt. It said, “My favorite water polo player calls me grandpa.”
:eek: What????
But they had some amazing fried rice!
Ah! I was wondering what was in the chafing dish!
we’ve been making a lot of ravioli from scratch with his grandmother’s pasta maker.
:worship:
I do have a pasta maker and... it's gathering dust. Care to share your grandmother's recipe?
So we served Gramma’s ravioli with a meaty red sauce.
I'm sitting here drooling right now!
And when I fussed at him, he had already had enough to laugh about it. I wasn’t laughing. BUT he did karaoke Montel Jordan’s “This is How We Do It” for me. So he’s been forgiven.
:laughing:
I'm thinking if he wears that shirt, you're likely to forgive him for quite a bit.
Clever! I really like that!
He brought mcdonalds burgers, apple pies, twinkies, american beer. It was HILARIOUS!
:lmao:
Now, Morocco is actually DRY and the national drink is mint tea. So she made a version of a margarita that she called a mo-rocking-rita.
Oh! What a great idea!
We finally go to order it in France and she’s like, “I’d like one grand mar- grand marn- grand mar-ner… I WANT THE ORANGE SLUSHY!”
:rotfl:
bacon wrapped dates
That sounds really interesting. I would've loved to have tried one.
Saved the best for last….
OH! CANADA! @pkondz
Yay! :goodvibes
They also drove in and brought ginger beer, poutine, and homemade maple popcorn.
I approve! :thumbsup2
He and Ben (son of the UK table) serenaded the Happy Birthday song for us.
Awwww. :)
I will willingly post this extremely unflattering picture
Um... Michelle? I have never seen an unflattering picture of you.

Still haven't.
He reminds me of Michael Palin!
This was the cake we got. It’s missing a piece because Chelsea’s husband got hungry. I guess that’s what drinking around the world will do to you.
:laughing:

Brilliant birthday party and I’m with @pkondz I’ve never seen a bad photo of you Michelle! Love your enthusiasm for life! Crossing my fingers for you on the teaching front. My son just graduated (except, well, there was no graduation) and is excited for the future. Who knows what teaching will look like in the near future but there will always be kids needing taught so something good will turn up eventually. Very cute vow renewal with Gia officiating. I’m sure she was chuffed to bits :goodvibes
What a fabulous family you are!

Oh my gosh, the faux EPCOT party looks so fun! What a great idea!

I guess the worst news is they cancelled MNSSHP and we had tickets to go.

I was really bummed about that. I think we had tickets the same night as you :sad1:

I called him and he went straight there and there it was. Thank God!

Yay, thank God. That could have turned out much, much worse!

He really wanted this cupcake.

It looks yummy! 😋

I spent 2 hours on the computer the day the Park Reservations opened but finally got what we wanted.

:cool1:

I've thought about calling but I really want to be surprised. Where ever we end up will be a step up for Movies.

:thumbsup2

There was no way I was going to miss seeing Voices of Liberty.

They are amazing :lovestruc

Oh my gosh, the faux EPCOT party looks so fun! What a great idea!

Thank you! It was really fun. I was really surprised at how much effort everyone put into it.

I was really bummed about that. I think we had tickets the same night as you :sad1:

I think we did. It was going to be our first Halloween party ever.:sad2:

Yay, thank God. That could have turned out much, much worse!

I was very lucky!

It looks yummy! 😋

It was ok, you know how they work so hard on the presentation but the actual cupcake is just ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter