A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Day 3- Magic Kingdom 1st Day, Monday, December 16th. FINALLY!

The Magic Kingdom is my Favorite Park so it is the park I look most forward to visiting. The park would be open from 9-11. Can we make it for rope drop and stay till close?

Our plans for the day:
Lunch ADR @ Skipper Cantee @ 11:30
Dinner ADR @ Be Our Guest @ 5:45
We had Fast Passes for BTMRR 9-10, Splash Mountain 10-11, & Seven Dwarfs 2:20-3:20 (would John Paul be tall enough?). When we originally started planning the trip we planned to head to Tomorrowland so Dennis & Danielle could ride Space Mountain at rope drop and maybe all ride Buzz before our first Fast Pass. But did we stick to the plan?

I'm about to disclose a little TMI on John Paul. He had been showing signs of being ready to potty train before we left for the trip but we knew it would be really hard to maintain potty training while in DW. I had taken him with me to use the restroom and he was wearing pull-ups but we weren't pushing anything. John Paul has to "comfortable" before he can "do his business". We were on day 3 of our trip and he had not "done his business" yet. Yes, this is foreshadowing.

I planned for us to try to be on a bus for 7:30 am so we could get to the park when they opened Main Street. We wanted to get our breakfast at Main Street Bakery, eat and be ready for when the rope dropped. Today was going to be our first time to ride a bus to a park, we were really spoiled with the Skyliner by this time. I was really hoping for some of @pkondz 's bus mojo.

We were lined up and waiting for the bus @ 7:30 am.

Doesn't he look handsome? I was getting much better at doing JP's hair.

We saw this at 7:31 am.
We were soon on the bus and ready to go.

By this time we were getting pretty good at bag check & entering the park. It really helped that we had cut down the number of bags too. There is no better felling for me then when I pass under the train station and enter Town Square. I took a few pictures of the Christmas Decorations.

We started making our way around the tree. I couldn't wait for John Paul to see the castle. He wasn't really impressed.

Up next... We're Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA.

The Magic Kingdom is my Favorite Park so it is the park I look most forward to visiting.
It is???
I bet you're the only one!

:lmao:
:rolleyes1
Can we make it for rope drop and stay till close?
you can do it.gif
I'm about to disclose a little TMI on John Paul.
<buckles up>
John Paul has to "comfortable" before he can "do his business".
Don't we all? ;)
We were on day 3 of our trip and he had not "done his business" yet. Yes, this is foreshadowing.
Uh, oh... I see this going in several directions...
I was really hoping for some of @pkondz 's bus mojo.
You're welcome.
We were lined up and waiting for the bus @ 7:30 am.
We saw this at 7:31 am.
Once again... you're welcome. I called ahead.
There is no better felling for me then when I pass under the train station and enter Town Square.
:goodvibes ::yes::
I couldn't wait for John Paul to see the castle. He wasn't really impressed.
:laughing: Maybe that'll come when he's a bit older.

It is???
I bet you're the only one!

:lmao:
:rolleyes1

Not hardly. What's your favorite park?

you can do it.gif

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Uh, oh... I see this going in several directions...

Stay tuned.

You're welcome.

Thank you!

Once again... you're welcome. I called ahead.

And once again Thank you! Does this mean when we have bus trouble it was your fault?

Maybe that'll come when he's a bit older.

I hope he remembers it and gets more excited next time. When he watches Disney movies he associates the Castle with Disney.

Not hardly. What's your favorite park?
The one with the castle. :)
Stay tuned.
I am!
And once again Thank you! Does this mean when we have bus trouble it was your fault?
No. That's Disney not following my direction closely enough.
I hope he remembers it and gets more excited next time. When he watches Disney movies he associates the Castle with Disney.
I think the older you get, the more excited you are when you see the castle again! :hyper:

I'm excited that you're in MK and JP does indeed look very handsome but I'm waiting with baited breath for what's coming next :rotfl: Not sure who I feel sorriest for -you or JP :scared1::rotfl:

The one with the castle. :)

:cloud9: It's my happy place.

No. That's Disney not following my direction closely enough.

Of course it is.

I think the older you get, the more excited you are when you see the castle again! :hyper:

I do believe that to be true.

I'm excited that you're in MK and JP does indeed look very handsome but I'm waiting with baited breath for what's coming next :rotfl: Not sure who I feel sorriest for -you or JP :scared1::rotfl:

I think me.

Y’all crack me up!

we leave three weeks from tomorrow for our Labor Day trip. I’ve gotten some fans to wear to help with the heat. The kids will get their little surprise care packages that I’ve been gathering. Plus their clothes!

So gia is ten now and TikTok is LIFE. So I designed this shirt for her that I think we will make for Mom for our October trip, too

It’ll be different colors but this is what we’re working with. I googled what things are different at Disney to forewarn jimmy. We’re just so happy to be there. I’m thinking g and I will be riding rides and dad and JP will focus on alllllll the snacks. But we will see! He’s 40.5 inches so he may want to ride!

Park Day 3-Magic Kingdom Day 1- We're Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA

We started to make our way down Main Street towards our some breakfast.

We were on a mission to find the "Casting Agency" door. It's a tradition for DCPers to take a photo here in celebration of being accepted. We knew it was on the left side but didn't know where for sure. We ended up asking a CM. We took some pictures but due to the sun's position they didn't come out too good, too many shadows. We still had another day in the MK to try and get it right.

We also stopped for a photo pass picture. Today was my "Minnie" day. Danielle was paying tribute to Mickey. Dennis of course was sporting another Grumpy shirt and JP was celebrating Christmas.

We crossed the street to enter the Main Street Bakery. We were very much in need of caffeine and some food. Everything came to a stop on Main Street when this was spotted.

We were about to witness a pre-park opening wedding!

We ordered our breakfast then headed outside to be nosy. We were able to grab a table in front of the Plaza. The wedding was taking place in the garden in front of the Plaza.

I think this might be the same violin player Michelle had when she got married.

John Paul was happy with his front row position.
And the Bride.

This was the first Disney wedding we had witnessed in a park. It was really special to get to see this. After we finished our breakfast it was time to get ready for the mad dash at rope drop. Where will we go first?

We were on a mission to find the "Casting Agency" door. It's a tradition for DCPers to take a photo here in celebration of being accepted.
Very nice.
We took some pictures but due to the sun's position they didn't come out too good, too many shadows.
It’s a wonderful shot. :)
Today was my "Minnie" day. Danielle was paying tribute to Mickey. Dennis of course was sporting another Grumpy shirt and JP was celebrating Christmas.
You guys look great. :)
Everything came to a stop on Main Street when this was spotted.
I bet! Quite the show stopper!
I shudder to think at the cost, though.
We were about to witness a pre-park opening wedding!
Cool!

It’s a wonderful shot. :)

Thank you, but we have a better one from later in the trip.

You guys look great. :)

Thanks! We had fun planning outfits.

I bet! Quite the show stopper!
I shudder to think at the cost, though.

It was Magical, but I'm glad I wasn't footing the bill.

It really was cool. I wonder how long it will be before anyone can experience this again. I'm sure they can still do very small private weddings but not where there are other people.

Thank you, but we have a better one from later in the trip.
Standing by. :)
Thanks! We had fun planning outfits.
:)
It really was cool. I wonder how long it will be before anyone can experience this again. I'm sure they can still do very small private weddings but not where there are other people.
hmmm... dunno. Right now up here we can have outdoor gatherings of up to 100 or 50 indoors (if capacity is 150 or more).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter