A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

What a treat to see a wedding as you have your breakfast :love: Great start to your day!:goodvibes
Love all the photos especially the group photo celebrating Minnie Day :thumbsup2

What a treat to see a wedding as you have your breakfast :love: Great start to your day!:goodvibes

It really was a special treat. We got to start our day in the Magic Kingdom with some MAGIC.

Love all the photos especially the group photo celebrating Minnie Day :thumbsup2

Thank you! I think we have a few more days of special outfits. We're working on a special one for our October trip.

Park Day 3- Magic Kingdom 1st Day- Monday, December 16th - Off to Neverland!

We finished up our breakfast and headed to the hub to line up for Rope Drop. But where did we line up? Originally we had planned to head to Tomorrowland so Danielle & Dennis could ride Space Mountain, the only mountain we did not have a FP for. We passed in front of the Castle.

We passed by the double Decker and lined up on the pathway to Liberty Square.

Were we headed to BTMR or Splash?

Our attempt at a Selfie with the sun in our eyes.

We were actually in a pretty good position to see "Let the Magic Begin", something I have never seen. We loved the old opening show in front of the Train Station but never really tried to see this one. John Paul really liked it.

When the rope dropped we took a sharp right on the side of the castle.

And headed into Fantasyland.

We were headed to my Favorite Fantasyland ride, Peter Pan! Doing rides that John Paul would like won out again this day. The fact that it was my choice too was even better. The title for the chapter gave it away too. It was nice to get to see some of the cool rooms in the standby line but the line did move pretty fast and this was a walk on.

We had a very nice ride over London and Neverland.

Continued in next post. . . .

We followed up Peter Pan by heading to another ride for John Paul that was very close, "It's a Small World". We must have waited a little bit because I have pictures while in line.

Danielle and I both made the farewell board.

John Paul loved IASW as did Danielle, it's her favorite Fantasyland ride.

It was time to start using our Fast Passes and do some splitting up. We all headed to BTMRR and got a Rider Swap for Danielle & I to ride later. Dennis and Danielle headed on to ride.

Dennis & Danielle BTMRR.jpg

I took John Paul to "the Laughin' Place" so he could get some energy out. I can remember taking Danielle here on her first trip while we took turns riding the mountains. It's a great little area and JP had a blast. He even made friends and he tried to share his Goldfish with a squirrel.

Continued. . . .

More from "the Laughin' Place". I wonder what the name and theme will be for this area when it changes to Princess & the Frog? I sure hope they keep the play area.

John Paul ended up playing here for a long time. Once Dennis & Danielle came by from BTMRR our FP for Splash had opened. I really like BTMRR but I love Splash. We grabbed another rider swap for Splash, which I think cancelled the BTMRR rider swap. We left Dennis with JP and got in line.

As you can see, I am a wimp and did not want to get too wet. The line moved fast and soon Danielle and Dennis were riding.

I really love Splash and I'm going to miss it. I always say it's my favorite "themed" ride at DW, and I like to loose my stomach. I'm also excited about the new theme too since we're from Louisiana. Danielle is very excited about the new theme. Her room was Princess & the Frog while in the DCP.

I'm going to stop her. Up next is lunch!

i love going through this story with you again. Watching my sweet baby having so much fun has me all kinda of excited to surprise them and bring the kids in a few weeks!

He's going to have so much fun on the rides. Gia is going to have a blast too.

Peter Pan and splash are 2 of my favorite rides! We also do small world every trip because how can you not love a whole bunch of singing dolls! Plus it’s cool in there and even the 22 year old Irish boy ( you should see the expression on his face though) needs a break from the Florida heat! :rotfl: :thumbsup2

We went for breakfast (all 4 of us) at Pancake House. We waited a short while and then were sat. Our waitress showed up not long after and took our drink orders. A while later she came back with the drinks (juices and the like). We were ready to order, but she left before we could. We waited a while, sipping on our drinks. Eventually she came back and we placed our orders. Before I could ask for drink refills (tbh, I thought she'd ask about that herself), she left. I commented to the family that we'd be finished our drinks before the food arrived, as we were almost done already. A two top got sat behind us while we waited. And waited. And waited. The two top got their drinks, their order in and their food and we sat with empty glasses. The table next to us got sat with 6 people. She took their drink orders and brought them their drinks and took their orders. We kept waiting. We were starting to say to each other that we were thirsty and having something to drink would be nice. The 6 top got their food and I failed to get the waitress's attention. So we sat and waited. The waitress came back and asked the 6 top if they wanted refills. Still couldn't get her attention. Finally, our food arrived and I asked the runner to let our server know we all needed drinks. She never came back. Not to ask how the food was nor to bring drinks. After we finished eating, we waited a while for the waitress to come by with our bill. Eventually, I said "Let's go" to the family and we headed out of the dining room. When you do so, you can either turn left, to the cashier to pay your bill, or right, to the exit. I turned right. DW said "Where are you going?" I told her I was leaving. She told me I should go pay. I turned around and walked over to the cashier. She was busy with another guest, so I waited until she was done. Once she was, I pointedly looked at my watch and said "You have exactly 5 minutes to get my bill, or I'm leaving." She did and I paid and we left. If there'd been a way to deduct a tip, I would've.

I get that things happen. Food gets burned or a plate gets dropped. But I really can't see an excuse for that poor service, especially considering the service that those around us received.

Yikes…that sounds awful! I absolutely would not have tipped either!

He had been showing signs of being ready to potty train before we left for the trip but we knew it would be really hard to maintain potty training while in DW.

That is a very hard time to travel with little ones. You get to learn where ALL the bathrooms are!

Doesn't he look handsome?

Very ::yes::

We still had another day in the MK to try and get it right.

Aw, 🥰:sad1: I hope she gets to try again someday.

Everything came to a stop on Main Street when this was spotted.

We were about to witness a pre-park opening wedding!

Wow! How gorgeous!

Where will we go first?

The potty?? :rolleyes1

Haha! That FL sun is no joke!

We were headed to my Favorite Fantasyland ride, Peter Pan!

:love:

We followed up Peter Pan by heading to another ride for John Paul that was very close, "It's a Small World".

Of course! I love it too!

As you can see, I am a wimp and did not want to get too wet.

Not a wimp at all. I didn't start loving Splash Mountain until I figured out I could wear a poncho and still enjoy the ride without getting wet! That was back in 2010 and with the way the FPs were then, we would ride again and again :love:

Peter Pan and splash are 2 of my favorite rides! We also do small world every trip because how can you not love a whole bunch of singing dolls! Plus it’s cool in there and even the 22 year old Irish boy ( you should see the expression on his face though) needs a break from the Florida heat! :rotfl:

Great point! It's the perfect place to cool down!

That is a very hard time to travel with little ones. You get to learn where ALL the bathrooms are!

I'm a frequent user of the restrooms so I pretty much have those mapped out.

:thanks:

Aw, 🥰:sad1: I hope she gets to try again someday.

We do too. It's currently her plan.

The potty?? :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: Good point. We did hit those by the Plaza before lining up.

Of course! I love it too!

I think most people do, except for @pkondz .

Not a wimp at all. I didn't start loving Splash Mountain until I figured out I could wear a poncho and still enjoy the ride without getting wet! That was back in 2010 and with the way the FPs were then, we would ride again and again :love:

I miss paper FPs. Of course now there are no FPs.:oops:

But where did we line up?
At the end of the line? Wait... did you cut in line!??!?
Vanessa!!!
We passed by the double Decker
I wonder if you can sit on the top part?
Noticed that. "Okay... smile! And squint!"
We were actually in a pretty good position to see "Let the Magic Begin", something I have never seen.
Nor have I.
We were headed to my Favorite Fantasyland ride, Peter Pan!
One of the best rides on property. ::yes::
It was nice to get to see some of the cool rooms in the standby line
They really did a good job on that queue.
but the line did move pretty fast and this was a walk on.
But... I'd rather a walk on (or FP) then be stuck in line. Creative or not.
We followed up Peter Pan by heading to another ride for John Paul that was very close, "It's a Small World".
You don't like JP?
Danielle and I both made the farewell board.
:)
I took John Paul to "the Laughin' Place" so he could get some energy out. I can remember taking Danielle here on her first trip while we took turns riding the mountains. It's a great little area and JP had a blast.
I've never even seen this place! Had no idea it existed.
More from "the Laughin' Place". I wonder what the name and theme will be for this area when it changes to Princess & the Frog? I sure hope they keep the play area.
I hope so too. But I guess they'll have to change that theme too.
I really like BTMRR but I love Splash.
I think I'd reverse that statement for myself. I really like Splash, but I love BTMRR.
Poncho??

PONCHO?!?!?!?
As you can see, I am a wimp and did not want to get too wet.
I noticed!
I really love Splash and I'm going to miss it.
I really hope the next iteration is good. I'm willing to wait and see. Who knows. It might be better... maybe?
I always say it's my favorite "themed" ride at DW, and I like to loose my stomach.
:laughing:
I'm also excited about the new theme too since we're from Louisiana.
That makes sense. I really want to get down to Louisiana some day. Bucket list, actually.
Danielle is very excited about the new theme. Her room was Princess & the Frog while in the DCP.
Ah!
I think most people do, except for @pkondz .
Great... Now I've got to fight to keep that song out of my head.

At the end of the line? Wait... did you cut in line!??!?
Vanessa!!!

Of course I did. I know how to sneak my way in.

I wonder if you can sit on the top part?

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone up on the top. Of course right not on the characters are using the vehicles.

One of the best rides on property. ::yes::

Totally agree!

They really did a good job on that queue.

Yes they did. So much to see.

But... I'd rather a walk on (or FP) then be stuck in line. Creative or not.

Yep, I once again agree.

You don't like JP?

No, I love him!

I've never even seen this place! Had no idea it existed.

When you go under the train station and head towards the restrooms, look to your right.

I think I'd reverse that statement for myself. I really like Splash, but I love BTMRR.

I can understand that. Splash has an emotional response for me. I remember the movie and I love the Zip a Zooda song. I use to sing it to the kids when they were little.

Poncho??

PONCHO?!?!?!?

I know, bad form.

I really hope the next iteration is good. I'm willing to wait and see. Who knows. It might be better... maybe?

I'm willing to wait and see too.

That makes sense. I really want to get down to Louisiana some day. Bucket list, actually.

I hope you get here sooner than later. But not during the heat of summer.

Great... Now I've got to fight to keep that song out of my head.

You're Welcome! ( Do you have this song stuck in your head now?)

Of course I did. I know how to sneak my way in.
There are entire threads dedicated to you.

:rolleyes1
Yep, I once again agree.
You and me... same/same.
No, I love him!
And yet you subject him to torture???
When you go under the train station and head towards the restrooms, look to your right.
Got it. :)
I can understand that. Splash has an emotional response for me. I remember the movie and I love the Zip a Zooda song. I use to sing it to the kids when they were little.
Awww...
I don't remember if I've seen it. Maybe if it was on Disney when I was really little? But I kinda doubt it.
I know, bad form.
:laughing:
I hope you get here sooner than later. But not during the heat of summer.
Noted. No summer.
You're Welcome! ( Do you have this song stuck in your head now?)
I can't hear you! LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter