A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Isn't the last day always the saddest. I am never ready to go home ever, but when we start the journey home I always wish I had some sort of Dr Who tardis so I could be there in an instant as opposed to the 8 1/2 flight and 1-2 hour drive after depending on where we fly into. Funny how the excitement on the way to MCO keeps you going-not so much on the way back :sad:
Looking forward to hearing what you thought of T-rex. We've eaten there in the past (funny enough on our last day a few years back) and the kids loved it. It was a lot of food if I remember rightly. Did John Paul like the dinos?

I'm aiming for a week in August with DD. Best I can do.

Fingers crossed for you. You'll need a priority list.

<sigh>
As much as I hated getting on that bus at the end of a trip... I'd still prefer it to today's reality.

Me too!

Ugh.
Hate that.
You just know that people are looking at you and thinking "Ha, ha. I get to stay."

And we know this because we did it when we arrive, right???

Yes, exactly.

I want those for my house!

Me too. I think you'll need a different color so it doesn't blend in with the snow.

I'm with you - our longest stay was 10 days and I still wasn't ready to go home!

Our longest stay was 10 days way back in 2007 and I wanted more. I have not been able to convince Dennis to do 10 days since.

That's the worst. When we're still enjoying our vacation and I see people walking towards the front of the resort with luggage, my heart breaks a little for them. And it's inevitably our turn...

I'm sad for the people I see rolling their luggage to the front but happy it's not me....until it is me.

Love the decorations at Disney Springs - I definitely want to spend more time there at Christmas someday.

They really do have lovely decorations. I'm glad we saw them in the light of day on this trip. This trip we just took it was only at night so I couldn't see the details.

My boys LOVED T-Rex when they were younger. Have to put this on our radar if we're ever able to all go together again. Looking forward to hearing about your lunch!

Our oldest child (Dennis) loves it. It was a hit with the youngest too.

Isn't the last day always the saddest. I am never ready to go home ever, but when we start the journey home I always wish I had some sort of Dr Who tardis so I could be there in an instant as opposed to the 8 1/2 flight and 1-2 hour drive after depending on where we fly into. Funny how the excitement on the way to MCO keeps you going-not so much on the way back :sad:

I feel the same way. I hate to leave but once we're on our way I can't get home fast enough.

Looking forward to hearing what you thought of T-rex. We've eaten there in the past (funny enough on our last day a few years back) and the kids loved it. It was a lot of food if I remember rightly. Did John Paul like the dinos?

It's a family favorite for us. Dennis loves it and JP did too.

Oh my gosh, way more decorations than this year. I’m still so glad I went in early December and saw the decorations they had!
I’m with you, the airline check in was awesome. We miss it so much!
Even as often as we have been going to Disney, the last day always comes so fast and it is a sad day. We usually spend a few hours in the park if we can. Disney Springs is a good idea.

I think they did a really good job.
Ours used to be on Magic Express. But we will need a new location. :(

Even though it was a stressful experience on this day I really do miss being able to do this.
I will miss this as well. It really is sad they didn't try to make it a paid thing. I would def have paid for it.

Oh my gosh, way more decorations than this year. I’m still so glad I went in early December and saw the decorations they had!

Me too! Some decorations are better than none.

I’m with you, the airline check in was awesome. We miss it so much!

Maybe if enough people fuss they will rethink this.

Even as often as we have been going to Disney, the last day always comes so fast and it is a sad day. We usually spend a few hours in the park if we can. Disney Springs is a good idea.

I would rather spend more time in the parks but my travel companions did not agree.

Guess what today is?

No, it's not a national holiday, just my ADR day.

I will admit it wasn't as exciting as it usually is since it's just me and Danielle and in the end may just be me but I did feel accomplished when I finished.

We aren't planning a bunch of meals since I don't know if Danielle will even be able to make any with me. Her schedule is always changing. When she worked as a CP she had the option of switching schedules with other CPs to work around our trips. She doesn't have that option as a Leadership Intern. She is the only one at her location. She will be finished with her 8 week base training and should be on a regular shift schedule. but we have no idea what her schedule will be only that she will have 2 days off at least while I'm there. I also wanted to get ADRs for places I have wanted to try but never did. It's hard to get Dennis to try new things and he doesn't always like what Danielle and I might like. I only have 1 repeat ADR. I pretty much got what I wanted even though it's the week before Easter.

For now we have:

Brown Derby for late dinner on 2 days, with hopes Danielle will get off in time to make one. I have one ADR for 7:50 on my arrival day and one for 7:55 later in the week. Neither one of us have been here. We originally had an ADR for here for our October 2020 Girls trip but cancelled for a Sanna ADR. I'm looking forward to trying the Cobb Salad and Grapefruit Cake (salad should cancel out the cake, right :rolleyes: ). I'm also looking forward to being in the park after it has closed and will be empty. The only downside would be if they start Fantasmic back up. I know I'll have to cancel to do this with Danielle, it's her favorite.

We have the Plaza for lunch on my first MK day. This is also new for both of us. We had an ADR for it for the Labor Day trip but cancelled so I could get a meal for all 4 of us when we added people. We ended up at Skipper Canteen.

I made an ADR for Wine Bar George for 8:30 on my AK day. I've been dying to try it after reading about it in everyone else's reports. I'm hoping the late time will help to make it available for Danielle but if she can't make it I think I will be ok to do this one alone.

Danielle told me to wait until a family trip to do Space 220 but I just couldn't do that once I saw an ADR available for the Lounge at lunch. What happens if I never get the chance to do this? If she doesn't stay we might not go again for a long time. This is also an ADR I think I would be ok to do alone.

Our only repeat ADR is for Ale & Compass for breakfast on my departure day. I don't think this will be too hard for Danielle to make since she usually doesn't have to be at work until 9:30 or 10 am at the earliest and it's so close to DHS. I'm looking forward to trying the buffet portion of this meal now that it is coming back.

Now, the best reservation I made was not something I was planning but when I saw a post that it had just opened back up I knew I had to do it. I have scheduled the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for the Friday I will be there. It's just a reservation for me for now. I debated making it for Danielle too but we just don't know what her schedule is. I do think I can cancel it if she couldn't do it but she never texted me back when I tried to get an answer from her. I'm over the moon excited to do this. It's not something I would do if on a trip with the family but it's perfect on a solo trip.

Somehow making ADRs has made this trip real.

Saturday, December 21, 2019 - Everybody Do the Dinosaur

We made it to TREX before 11 am and checked in at the outside booth. We were soon directed to the line forming at the inside hostess stand. While we waited in line Michelle, Dennis and John Paul made a right turn at the store. After looking around a little Grumpy had fun showing John Paul the Dinosaurs we would be eating with.

When it was our turn to be seated we all headed back to the Meteor Room. This was the room we sat in our first ever visit in 2010. It's a fun but loud room. We placed our drinks and food orders as quick as possible since we were on a tight schedule. Once our drinks came Dennis took John Paul to make his Dino. Of course it had to be a Trex and red.

John Paul's drink was almost as big as he was.

Continued in next post . . .

Guess what today is?

No, it's not a national holiday, just my ADR day.
I am counting down to mine like it is a national holiday! Personal Dis-Nerd Holiday!

I pretty much got what I wanted even though it's the week before Easter.
That is good to hear! We are the week after and I am hoping to get everything we want as well. I am assuming high crowds but secretly hoping they are in between.

I'm also looking forward to being in the park after it has closed and will be empty. The only downside would be if they start Fantasmic back up. I know I'll have to cancel to do this with Danielle, it's her favorite.
I have my fingers crossed that it open soon!

I made an ADR for Wine Bar George for 8:30 on my AK day. I've been dying to try it after reading about it in everyone else's reports. I'm hoping the late time will help to make it available for Danielle but if she can't make it I think I will be ok to do this one alone.
I will love to hear how you like it! It does seem like this is a good place to be solo at.

This is also an ADR I think I would be ok to do alone.
I mean the lounge isn't really being there... at least that is what you can tell the family.

Our only repeat ADR is for Ale & Compass for breakfast on my departure day.
I was thinking about trying this one day that I knew we wouldn't want to try and race into the park. It looks good!

Somehow making ADRs has made this trip real.
It so does... And I am patiently waiting... Well, not really but you know what I mean!

Making a Dino. If you have ever done Build a Bear it's the same just a Dinosaur. On our first trip here in 2010 it was Danielle who had to have a Dino.

I'm sorry but I don't remember what everyone had and didn't get photos of it all. I did get a picture of Danielle's Triassic Trio. I think this is her favorite dish and she has gotten this several times.

Here is John Paul's kids meal with Dino Nuggets.

Michelle had a burger and had to get the TREX mug.

John Paul really enjoyed his oranges and we finally get a picture when the room was red.

No meal at TREX is complete without the The Chocolate Extinction. We all enjoy this!

Here's John Paul with his TREX haul. I think he really enjoyed this meal.

We have some really cute videos from this meal and I'm hoping to get Michelle to share them.

Up next is the Christmas Tree Trail.

I am counting down to mine like it is a national holiday! Personal Dis-Nerd Holiday!

You get me! It's so nice to know people who understand this crazy Dis-Nerd stuff.

That is good to hear! We are the week after and I am hoping to get everything we want as well. I am assuming high crowds but secretly hoping they are in between.

I was thinking about you while I was making mine. I hope it works well for you too.

I have my fingers crossed that it open soon!

Me too! I keep asking Danielle if she has heard anything but they really don't tell them much. She usually finds out the same way I do on Instagram.

I mean the lounge isn't really being there... at least that is what you can tell the family.

I like the way you think. I'm going to use this.

I was thinking about trying this one day that I knew we wouldn't want to try and race into the park. It looks good!

We ate here in September and loved it. Dennis and I ate here in December and it wasn't as good but I'm willing to give it another try.

It so does... And I am patiently waiting... Well, not really but you know what I mean!

Totally!

Brown Derby
Good choice.
(salad should cancel out the cake, right :rolleyes: ).
Not necessary. Calories don't count when you're on vacation.
We have the Plaza for lunch on my first MK day. This is also new for both of us.
I like the Plaza. I didn't care for the meatloaf, though. Mine is far superior (not bragging. There's was just very bland.)
I made an ADR for Wine Bar George for 8:30 on my AK day. I've been dying to try it after reading about it in everyone else's reports.
Me too!
Danielle told me to wait until a family trip to do Space 220 but I just couldn't do that once I saw an ADR available for the Lounge at lunch.
You got one?!?!?

oooooooohhhhh... :worship:
I have scheduled the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for the Friday I will be there.
Oh!
Very happy to hear tours are starting up again. :)
:lmao:
It's a fun but loud room.
Precisely why I don't care to eat there.
I've had my share of multiple Rainforest Cafe meals (similarly loud) and I'm quite over it.
John Paul's drink was almost as big as he was.

The boy must've peed for a week!!
Making a Dino. If you have ever done Build a Bear it's the same just a Dinosaur
Ah! Was wondering.
And yes, did that when the DDs were little. :)
On our first trip here in 2010 it was Danielle who had to have a Dino.
Awww... :)
He looks pretty happy. :)
I did get a picture of Danielle's Triassic Trio. I think this is her favorite dish and she has gotten this several times.
Not bad. How does it compare to other establishments?
Michelle had a burger and had to get the TREX mug.
Very dark. Must be burnt.

:rolleyes2

Good ADRs! You will love WBG, get the Burrata and Mac and cheese balls, so delicious. The meatballs are delicious too.
I would love to get a lounge ADR at Space 220. We loved our food there.
I have canceled Brown Derby each time I have had it reserved, ugh! I hope you keep yours! The Cobb salad sounds yummy
I will be making my ADRs in a few weeks.
I know we are going to do Homecomin for sure!
I love Dinosaurs weird I know for a middle aged woman but I love Trex and Jurassic park at USO oh and of course Dinosaur at AK! Good choice in my book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter