A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

So many beautiful trees. Love the tree topper on the Princess and the Frog tree but all of them are beautiful. The tree at Pop was gorgeous too. You got some great photos.

Thank you! Some very interesting decorating on those trees.

I love spending those leftover snack credits to bring some Disney home. Makes the holiday feeling last just a little bit longer

I love brining some back too.

I'm so sorry to heat that!!

Wait... we're not talking about the same thing, are we...

Don't think so.

I've tried, but I never can see them for the forest.

:rolleyes:

I love Christmas trees at night... just something magical about it.

Yes there is. I do love all the lights.

Best tree ever. :snooty:

Thought you might like that one.

I think I left a very subtle clue about that.

Just a little.

You weren't Xmas-oversaturated????

I really wasn't. I will admit to being over Christmas when we went for New Years 2006. After we celebrated New Years Day I was done with Christmas. I think our last park day was the 4th and I was so tired of hearing Christmas music. They were finally starting to take down some of the decorations. I think they put them up much earlier now and leave them up even longer.

Man... I'd love to just pass out in a park (or DS) and have someone wheel me back to my room. :laughing:

That would be heaven. I've fallen asleep on the couch and just been too tired to get up and go get in the bed. I wish there was someone who could pick me up and carry me to bed like when I was a kid.

Don't think so.
:rolleyes:
Yes there is. I do love all the lights.
::yes::
Thought you might like that one.
I'm a bit vocal with my preferences there, aren't I? :laughing:
That would be heaven. I've fallen asleep on the couch and just been too tired to get up and go get in the bed. I wish there was someone who could pick me up and carry me to bed like when I was a kid.
That's what that strong husband of yours is for. :)

Michelle went to the grab and go and got this little treat we all shared on Magical Express.
How cute is that!!!

I love the tree trail! All the trees are so beautiful! Glad you got to see it, even if it was a bit rushed.

I am way behind with your TR....playing catch up now. :)

We both agree that our favorite experience for the trip was the Candlelight Processional. Danielle and I both were really looking forward to this but Dennis did not know what to expect and he was blown away. I'm glad we closed out our trip with it and Harmonious.
Oh my gosh, I adore the Candlelight Processional. Such a magical experience.
Due to Covid protocols only Jimmy and I were able to be present at the hospital. I had to leave when they moved Michelle and Dominic to their room. I was very honored to share this special time with them. I'm not posting anything on Facebook or Instagram until Michelle posts. I did get her permission to share a photo on here. Everyone says he looks just like John Paul. If you look real close you can see he's wearing his first Disney outfit. It the Mickey Christmas plaid onesie we picked up last week.
I know now he is getting on to be 3 months old but wanted to say congratulations! Such a beautiful little boy!
Not too long after his birth we got more good news from Danielle. She had applied for a profession internship with Disney in Hospitality Leadership Food and Beverage. This was the special thing I asked for all to keep in mind. She had her Zoom interview while we were in Disney and today she got the call that she had been given the position. She will no longer be the lowest of the low in the Disney pyramid. Her internship starts January 23rd and ends June 11th. She will be a salaried employee. She will be able to stay at Flamingo but will have to move apartments. She will have to share with a fellow intern. She can't live with other CPs since she may be working over them. She was told she would be working in Disney Hollywood Studios but not where. This is her dream and can lead to a full time leadership position. I may be losing her to Disney.
So exciting for Danielle but bittersweet for her mama.
More Gingerbread Houses. I think my favorite is the Lilo and Stitch themed one.
I never saw the gingerbread houses at the Poly.
Brown Derby for late dinner on 2 days, with hopes Danielle will get off in time to make one. I have one ADR for 7:50 on my arrival day and one for 7:55 later in the week. Neither one of us have been here. We originally had an ADR for here for our October 2020 Girls trip but cancelled for a Sanna ADR. I'm looking forward to trying the Cobb Salad and Grapefruit Cake (salad should cancel out the cake, right :rolleyes: ). I'm also looking forward to being in the park after it has closed and will be empty. The only downside would be if they start Fantasmic back up. I know I'll have to cancel to do this with Danielle, it's her favorite.
Love Brown Derby!!
Danielle told me to wait until a family trip to do Space 220 but I just couldn't do that once I saw an ADR available for the Lounge at lunch. What happens if I never get the chance to do this? If she doesn't stay we might not go again for a long time. This is also an ADR I think I would be ok to do alone.
You can't pass up a Space 220 ADR!
Our only repeat ADR is for Ale & Compass for breakfast on my departure day. I don't think this will be too hard for Danielle to make since she usually doesn't have to be at work until 9:30 or 10 am at the earliest and it's so close to DHS. I'm looking forward to trying the buffet portion of this meal now that it is coming back.
i am obsessed with the chocolate waffles there!
Now, the best reservation I made was not something I was planning but when I saw a post that it had just opened back up I knew I had to do it. I have scheduled the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for the Friday I will be there. It's just a reservation for me for now. I debated making it for Danielle too but we just don't know what her schedule is. I do think I can cancel it if she couldn't do it but she never texted me back when I tried to get an answer from her. I'm over the moon excited to do this. It's not something I would do if on a trip with the family but it's perfect on a solo trip.
Yay! You will LOVE this. Such an awesome experience!
I didn't always get to take pictures from the best angles due to the many people going through the trail, but I'm happy with what I did get. Did anyone have a favorite tree? I liked so many I can't really say I had a favorite.
Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan were my favourites.
I snapped this on the way back and even offered to take a picture for a family.
Love this shot! I always offer to take pics for a family. Just my way of spreading some Disney magic. :)

I am way behind with your TR....playing catch up now. :)

Thank you for sticking with us.

Oh my gosh, I adore the Candlelight Processional. Such a magical experience.

It really was. I would do this again.

I know now he is getting on to be 3 months old but wanted to say congratulations! Such a beautiful little boy!

Thank you! He's growing and changing so fast.

So exciting for Danielle but bittersweet for her mama.

It really is. She is training for a big girl position now.

I never saw the gingerbread houses at the Poly.

I'm glad we had the chance to see them. They weren't there this past December.

Love Brown Derby!!

I'm really looking forward to this.

You can't pass up a Space 220 ADR!

I'm glad you agree with me.

i am obsessed with the chocolate waffles there!

I haven't had that yet, but it sounds great.

Yay! You will LOVE this. Such an awesome experience!

It's a dream come true for me.

Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan were my favourites.

Very good choices.

Love this shot! I always offer to take pics for a family. Just my way of spreading some Disney magic. :)

We like to help spread the magic too.

I love seeing all the Christmas trees! Thanks for sharing them. So many favorites , but I think Toy Story is my favorite, probably because my son and I would watch that every day after pre-school many years ago. Makes me want to copy it for next Christmans. Loving your report.

I love seeing all the Christmas trees! Thanks for sharing them. So many favorites , but I think Toy Story is my favorite, probably because my son and I would watch that every day after pre-school many years ago. Makes me want to copy it for next Christmans. Loving your report.

Thank you for reading along!

I was thinking that the trees would help with inspiration for a Disney themed tree.

The price does keep going up. I understand why lots of people are no longer going. I have other places I would like to travel to but getting to see Danielle keeps drawing me back.

OH I can totally see that and I"d be there too if my kiddo was in that program!
I made a beeline for the Christmas Tree Trail. I really wanted to see the trees.

I've wanted to do that for YEARS. I think if I do get back to WDW again, I might very well do a Dec trip.

I didn't always get to take pictures from the best angles due to the many people going through the trail, but I'm happy with what I did get. Did anyone have a favorite tree? I liked so many I can't really say I had a favorite.

I think and this may be an unpopular opinion, that I liked the Toy Story one best. I liked it's simplicity and bright colors.

I've been MIA due to my own trip (and extended time in FL) but just got all caught up!
looking forward to trying the Cobb Salad and Grapefruit Cake (salad should cancel out the cake, right :rolleyes: )
That's certainly my way of thinking! And those are the 2 things I will order when I ever get there ;)

We have the Plaza for lunch on my first MK day. This is also new for both of us.
We just did Plaza for lunch on this trip. We really enjoyed it!

I have scheduled the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for the Friday I will be there.
I have wanted to do this for a long time! There's no way Gary would be interested, so I'm thinking I may do it myself next time and let him chill at the Fort...or in a nearby bar :)

OH I can totally see that and I"d be there too if my kiddo was in that program!

I know you would too.

I've wanted to do that for YEARS. I think if I do get back to WDW again, I might very well do a Dec trip.

I hope you go back in December. There is so much to see and it's different every December.

I think and this may be an unpopular opinion, that I liked the Toy Story one best. I liked it's simplicity and bright colors.

I love bright colors too.

I've been MIA due to my own trip (and extended time in FL) but just got all caught up!

Welcome back! Are you doing a trip report? If so post the link.

That's certainly my way of thinking! And those are the 2 things I will order when I ever get there ;)

I'm really looking forward to it and so is Danielle.

We just did Plaza for lunch on this trip. We really enjoyed it!

I've been wanting to try this for awhile. I had it booked for September 2021 but has to cancel when we added Michelle and Leah to the trip and I couldn't get a new ADR for 4.

I have wanted to do this for a long time! There's no way Gary would be interested, so I'm thinking I may do it myself next time and let him chill at the Fort...or in a nearby bar :)

Dennis would never do it either. Maybe next time you can park Gary and go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter