A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

I haven't cancelled yet for July although I don't know when our border will open to non essential travel again. I am trying to stay hopeful.

Disney seems to think it will be open by June 1st. Finger crossed for you to be able to cross that boarder.

I teach kindergarten an all our schools are closed so I am at home. Our school board is working on how online learning will work, especially for our kindergarten babies!

All the kids here are doing online learning. I would think it would be harder for kindergarteners.

Too cute! I love TSMM but am SO bad at it.

I stink at it too but agree it's still fun.

Everything is changing everyday.
Just a wee bit.
Well Disney seems to think they will be open by June 1st. They're offering free dining is you had a package that was cancelled due to the closure.
Unfortunately, Disney (like everyone else) doesn't really know when this will end. By June?... Personally, I hope so... but don't think so.
We all know how many opportunities he would have @ Disney to shop.
I think there's one... maybe two.

I'm really hoping it ends soon. We're losing lives and livelihoods
That’s half the problem isn’t it?
Losing lives. It’s going to take time to go through this. “Flattening the curve” isn’t designed to stop people from getting sick, but to make the infection rate slower so our health systems aren’t overwhelmed and more can be saved.

That’s half the problem isn’t it?
Losing lives. It’s going to take time to go through this. “Flattening the curve” isn’t designed to stop people from getting sick, but to make the infection rate slower so our health systems aren’t overwhelmed and more can be saved.
The more saved the better.:hug:

We're happy & relieved to have her here, but her heart is still in WDW. She's one of the many unemployed now. Not many jobs out there and for now she's staying home to make sure she doesn't spread anything.

No, there sure aren't. :( It's so hard for EVERYONE.
It's great for sharing information but can also be a curse.

For sure!

His blood pressure is much better too.

SO good to hear!! :hug:
He's feeling better now we live the thin line of waiting to see if he keeps his job. He works in the food industry. They are closing stores right and left. It's a very scary time for all.

Very.
So how is everybody doing? Are you working from home? Are you still working? Are you "essential" and still driving to work everyday?

Working, but very minimally and not in my regular dept. All non-emergent or urgent surgeries are not happening, so RNs who work in the recovery room aren't working. I'm being trained in the Senior Psych Unit which is a totally new area for me. At least I can get a shift or two in there once in a while. Plus, I'm still on-call for the recovery room every Saturday for 24 hours. If I get called it's good $, if not, at least is a (very) little.
We had the Fastpass for later that was given to us when I purchased my annual pass so we didn't have that 40 minute wait.

#MostExpensiveFPEVER!
As we walked through we say more and more. I felt very lost

Yeah, easy to do there!!

It doesn't take much for me to get lost especially in DHS.
This is me at DTD.

Hi! :wave2: I stayed off the DIS for a little while, but I'm slowly coming back and catching up. I'm glad you and your family are doing well (as well as can be given the circumstances). My kiddos are getting in the groove of virtual learning. Alex is still considered "essential" so he's still going to work 3-4 days a week. Out of everyone, I think my dog's taking it the hardest because here in the U.K. we're only allowed to go out once a day for exercise. Meaning, he doesn't get walks everyday anymore. :rotfl:

Sounds like a fun introductory day to TSL and GE! Glad JP woke up for his first ride of the trip.

Oh, those gift shops...they're irresistible to toddlers! Hope he didn't give you too much trouble every time you had to drag him away from the souvenirs.

Taking a "preview walk" around Galaxy's Edge before returning later in the trip sounded like a great idea. I might actually do the same thing when (if??? :sad:) I ever get there myself.

Working, but very minimally and not in my regular dept. All non-emergent or urgent surgeries are not happening, so RNs who work in the recovery room aren't working. I'm being trained in the Senior Psych Unit which is a totally new area for me. At least I can get a shift or two in there once in a while. Plus, I'm still on-call for the recovery room every Saturday for 24 hours. If I get called it's good $, if not, at least is a (very) little.

Some work is better than no work. I hope it continues to work out for you and you stay safe.

#MostExpensiveFPEVER!

So true!:rotfl2:

This is me at DTD.

Me too.

Hi! :wave2: I stayed off the DIS for a little while, but I'm slowly coming back and catching up. I'm glad you and your family are doing well (as well as can be given the circumstances). My kiddos are getting in the groove of virtual learning. Alex is still considered "essential" so he's still going to work 3-4 days a week. Out of everyone, I think my dog's taking it the hardest because here in the U.K. we're only allowed to go out once a day for exercise. Meaning, he doesn't get walks everyday anymore. :rotfl:

It's a big change for everyone. You're "shelter in place order" sounds pretty extreme. Poor puppy. I hope Alex is staying safe. Dennis is still working outside the home and it's scary.

Oh, those gift shops...they're irresistible to toddlers! Hope he didn't give you too much trouble every time you had to drag him away from the souvenirs.

As we went progressed on our visit it got harder and harder to distract and tell him "not this time, maybe later".

Taking a "preview walk" around Galaxy's Edge before returning later in the trip sounded like a great idea. I might actually do the same thing when (if??? :sad:) I ever get there myself.

I hope you make it back there soon to see it with your own eyes.

I hope everyone is doing ok. We're still hanging in there. I'm still working at home but I may start going into the office for a few hours a day but we won't have clients coming in. Dennis is still working outside the home and he's doing pretty good health wise. He has lost some weight and was thrilled yesterday to hit a weight goal. I'm happy to report Danielle has finally returned to the land of the living in the last week. She has started working on an anime cosplay she didn't finish last year. She also signed up for a free Hospitality online class from Florida Atlantic. She should start that on Saturday. She still has her days and night mixed up but hopefully with this class she'll start working on fixing that.

I know we're all still missing Disney terribly. We should have been checked in at Coronado Resort and enjoying Disney Springs by this time. Hopefully we'll get there sometime in the future. Enough sadness, I need to get this report moving.

Frozen- It's a Nope for Snope

We exited Galaxy Edge from what I guess is the main entrance. This day had started out a little cool but by now was pretty warm. JP and I had changed into our shorts but it was time to cool off a little more. It was time for our first snack credit for ice cream. My normal go to is the Mickey bar but I had heard such great things about the Mickey Ice Cream sandwich that I just had to try it, and share with JP.

I know Danielle got a Minnie fruit bar but I don't remember what Dennis had.

After we finished our treats it was time to use our fastpass for the Frozen Sing a Long. We love the tongue and cheek humor here and knew JP would love it too. He's a big Frozen fan with Sven and Olaf being his favorites. JP was stuck like glue to Danielle while we waited to enter.

It was really nice to have a cool place to sit and for some the early morning had caught up with them.

JP and I had no trouble staying awake.

After the show started JP moved over to my lap. Look how happy he was.

We really enjoyed the show. It was based on the Christmas special that ran, but still had lots of great jokes
When Kristoff walked out the first thing out of JP's mouth was "Where's Sven?" and right behind that someone on stage asked the same thing. Hopefully he would get to see Sven before the end of our trip. At the end of the show Elsa made it snope. Did JP enjoy this?

He most certainly did not like the snope and this wouldn't be the last time he had to deal with it. But he did really enjoy the show.

I'm sorry this is such a short update but I've got to run.

Up next is Animation Courtyard.

Dennis is still working outside the home and he's doing pretty good health wise. He has lost some weight and was thrilled yesterday to hit a weight goal.
Good for him! He's feeling okay?
She has started working on an anime cosplay she didn't finish last year.
Please, please tell me you'll post a photo here when she's done!
My normal go to is the Mickey bar but I had heard such great things about the Mickey Ice Cream sandwich that I just had to try it
And? Did you like it better? Not as good?
it was time to use our fastpass for the Frozen Sing a Long.
Like that show. :)
awwwww….
After the show started JP moved over to my lap. Look how happy he was.
You both look pretty happy. :)
He most certainly did not like the snope and this wouldn't be the last time he had to deal with it.
Oh, oh. :)

Napping during shows is too good an opportunity to pass up for some. Alex always falls asleep during the Frozen Sing Along, too.

How did the ice cream sandwich compare to the premium bar? I'm like you and always go with the bar.

Aw, poor JP. I'm guessing since you were there during the holidays he had to contend with a lot of that snope.

I love the photo of JP in your lap💕. Glad you all had a lovely time at HS and so good to hear everyone is keeping well now. Thinking of you all in these strange times and wishing you well. Seeing your update brightened my morning so many thanks from me :goodvibes

Joining along on your trip! We are heading down for Thanksgiving this year (fingers crossed) and your report is getting me into the Christmas spirit!

I’m so sorry that Danielle’s CP was cut short, but I’m hoping she’s able to head back when everything settles!

I love that Frozen puts a Christmas spin on the show. Can’t wait to see it!

My younger boys didn’t like the snope a few years ago either!

Good for him! He's feeling okay?

He's feeling pretty good but does get tired easier. I think it's all the medications he's taking.

Please, please tell me you'll post a photo here when she's done!

IF she finishes it I will post a picture.

And? Did you like it better? Not as good?

I liked it and it's a real good alternative but I don't think I liked it more than the ice cream bar. I would order it again.

Like that show. :)

Me too!

You both look pretty happy. :)

Thank you! I think we do too.

Napping during shows is too good an opportunity to pass up for some. Alex always falls asleep during the Frozen Sing Along, too.

This won't be the last napping picture I got on this trip.

How did the ice cream sandwich compare to the premium bar? I'm like you and always go with the bar.

I liked it but still prefer the premium bar. It's worth ordering.

Aw, poor JP. I'm guessing since you were there during the holidays he had to contend with a lot of that snope.

No it wasn't the last time we saw snope.

I love the photo of JP in your lap💕

Thank you! I like it too.

hinking of you all in these strange times and wishing you well.

Thank you! I'm thinking of y'all too and hope your staying well.

Seeing your update brightened my morning so many thanks from me :goodvibes

Thank you! I need to keep posting about the good times. I know it helps me feel brighter too.

Joining along on your trip!

:welcome: thank you for joining it! Please keep posting.

We are heading down for Thanksgiving this year (fingers crossed) and your report is getting me into the Christmas spirit!

I'm so jelly! I want to go back now that we've had a taste of Christmas in the World.

I’m so sorry that Danielle’s CP was cut short, but I’m hoping she’s able to head back when everything settles!

It doesn't look like she will make it back this year. She does plan to reapply at the end of her senior year.

I love that Frozen puts a Christmas spin on the show. Can’t wait to see it!

We really enjoyed it!

My younger boys didn’t like the snope a few years ago either!

I can understand why. All the wetness but no snow left for snowman.

Huge congrats to Dennis!! That's a very important and life-prolinging goal!

My normal go to is the Mickey bar but I had heard such great things about the Mickey Ice Cream sandwich

I like this more than the bar as it's less messy but....

I know Danielle got a Minnie fruit bar

... this is my favorite!

After we finished our treats it was time to use our fastpass for the Frozen Sing a Long.

I just discovered that recently and LOVE it!! So much fun!!! JP looks so happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter