A little "Insider Information" about ABD and ABD/DCL ***UPDATE*** on page 3

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
I have a little "Insider Information" from ABD (the person who told me said it was totally fine to share!).

First, it looks like the 2015 ABD itineraries will be coming out in late May again. (I think this was reported by DisneyKevin a little while back. I don't think it's any secret, but I did have it confirmed today).

The new info is in regards to the new cruise itineraries that DCL just announced, and ABD/DCL add-ons.

Adventures by Disney will be offering pre-packages in Copenhagen and London, as well as embedded packages on the 7 and 12 night Baltic sailings. The ABD/DCL pre-packages and embedded packages will go on sale around June 18th.
My source also added:
I can tease one thing here: our embedded packages will be ABBA-solutely awesome.
I'll be interested to see the itineraries. I might be interested in one of these in 2015! (Except I know DCL will be horrendously expensive for a solo traveler. Conundrums, conundrums!)

Sayhello

Thanks for the info. Will wait to see if they offer Copenhagen pre with the 11 night cruise.

OMG - you made my day!!

I just booked a 12 day Baltic cruise for July 2015, and depending on the ABD, I may downgrade my room a little to have the $$ to spend on the ABD. I just hope they don't make it so ridiculously expensive that it prices me out...

Interesting Tobi. I'll be watching for a post-TA package in Copenhagen.

Wow, funny you should mention that. A friend of mine went to an Abba museum last week!

Yay! I'm so excited. I figured they would add the packages, but am so glad that it's been "confirmed". I'm on the 7 night Baltic and we absolutely plan to add on ABD.

Thanks, SayHello for getting and posting this info. We just booked the 7/10/15 12-night Baltics and were hoping for an ABD add-on! I'm not sure I want to think about the cost since we are also doing the Norway/Iceland cruise as a B2B with the Baltics, but I know the ABD add-on will be very tempting. Can't wait to see details on June 18. The ABBA museum is in Stockholm, by the way.

I have a little "Insider Information" from ABD (the person who told me said it was totally fine to share!).

My source also added:
I'll be interested to see the itineraries. I might be interested in one of these in 2015! (Except I know DCL will be horrendously expensive for a solo traveler. Conundrums, conundrums!)

Sayhello

Thanks so much for the info, SayHello! You must have been listening to Calfan and I talk, LOL. We both just booked B2B 11-night Norway/Iceland and the 12-Night Baltics. We'd heard speculation of no ABD for Norway/Iceland because it's a one time itinerary, but we were hopeful about the Baltics portion. So excited. Now I need to start saving my pennies . . . or rather, my gold pieces :) I'm sure it's not going to be cheap.

OMG - you made my day!!

I just booked a 12 day Baltic cruise for July 2015, and depending on the ABD, I may downgrade my room a little to have the $$ to spend on the ABD. I just hope they don't make it so ridiculously expensive that it prices me out...

We're on the July 10th! And ditto from me. I suspect it will be in the same range as the 12 night Venice/Med from 2014 though, which was in the $3200 range?

This is great news! This matches exactly with what I had heard. I too am on a B2B with the Iceland trip and would love to join an ABD add-on for the Baltics. We did the Med Magic ABD add-on for our Med with Greece cruise in 2013. It was a FANTASTIC experience!

Thanks, SayHello for getting and posting this info. We just booked the 7/10/15 12-night Baltics and were hoping for an ABD add-on! I'm not sure I want to think about the cost since we are also doing the Norway/Iceland cruise as a B2B with the Baltics, but I know the ABD add-on will be very tempting. Can't wait to see details on June 18. The ABBA museum is in Stockholm, by the way.

Stockholm Sweden

They got some funny pics from there.
I do love ABBA. :) I may have to make it there someday!

Sayhello

Nuts, I was hoping Norway had the embedded ABD also. Copenhagen pre would be nice though, too.

I do love ABBA. :) I may have to make it there someday!

Sayhello

There's a part where the have mannequins on a stage in Abba costumes and a microphone stand you go up to and can get your picture taken with. The pics were hilarious

There's a part where the have mannequins on a stage in Abba costumes and a microphone stand you go up to and can get your picture taken with. The pics were hilarious
Oh, that sounds fun! :)

Sayhello

Oh, that sounds fun! :)

Sayhello

Ok, I had it wrong. They can't be mannequins because "Abba" was in different positions in the two photos she posted. It must be a video screen. Still looks fun!

sEfBwkz.jpg

Hi Folks,

While I have no solid information as to an actual release date for 2015 DCL add- ons, my sources tell me that the release of the embedded ABD Adventures is quite a ways off.

I guess what I'm really saying is that I don't believe these will be available in June 2014.

I could be wrong on this...but this is what I'm hearing.

Historically, these have been released much later than the regular ABD Adventures.

When these are released, they are released through DCL. Other than designing the Adventures, ABD has nothing to do with their booking.

Again, I don't have a release date...but I believe we have a wait.

Thanks
Kevin

Thanks so much for the info, SayHello! You must have been listening to Calfan and I talk, LOL. We both just booked B2B 11-night Norway/Iceland and the 12-Night Baltics. We'd heard speculation of no ABD for Norway/Iceland because it's a one time itinerary, but we were hopeful about the Baltics portion. So excited. Now I need to start saving my pennies . . . or rather, my gold pieces :) I'm sure it's not going to be cheap.

I really hope that given the popularity of the Norway/Iceland itinerary, they'll offer it again in 2016. We're going on the Baltic cruise in July 2015 because I've been dying to go to St. Petersburg for years. But I'd love to do the Norway/Iceland cruise with the Norway ABD in 2016 if both are offered. So much to do, so little time, and so little money.... :)

I really hope that given the popularity of the Norway/Iceland itinerary, they'll offer it again in 2016. We're going on the Baltic cruise in July 2015 because I've been dying to go to St. Petersburg for years. But I'd love to do the Norway/Iceland cruise with the Norway ABD in 2016 if both are offered. So much to do, so little time, and so little money.... :)

The Baltic capitals cruise is awesome. We did the 2010 Baltic. You'll love it. Iceland proved to be gold for DCL last week. I'd expect them to try some form of it again in the near future. However, in 2016 I think they will refocus on longer med cruises. Just a guess. Maybe ABD will consider Iceland in the future as well.

Love the ABBA picture. Funny timing as we actually went to see Mama Mia last night!

Hi Folks,

While I have no solid information as to an actual release date for 2015 DCL add- ons, my sources tell me that the release of the embedded ABD Adventures is quite a ways off.

I guess what I'm really saying is that I don't believe these will be available in June 2014.

I could be wrong on this...but this is what I'm hearing.

Historically, these have been released much later than the regular ABD Adventures.

Thanks so much for the insight, Kevin. Last year they released the ABD Add-ons at the same time as the regular ABDs (May 22), so I'm hoping they hold to recent history. I wouldn't think that they could wait much longer than June for regular ABDs, since that leaves in some cases less than a year for planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter