• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A million questions: Fort Wilderness Camping

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
Okay, well, I'm only going to have a couple but will likely have follow-ups.

We are going down April 27 on DVC points, however I don't have enough for the first two nights. I was planning on staying off site, then I thought, why not camp? We've camped plenty, so it isn't like I'm new to the logistics there.

1) Will we be able to get the dining plan if we stay at the campsites?

2) Online check in/check out procedure the same?

3) Are there bathhouses for tent campers and are they fairly nice?

4) Do we have access to the Fort Wilderness pool or does the campground have its own?

5) How is the bus service?

Thank you!!

Hi MamaBelle4 :wave2: :welcome: to the DIS Camping Forum. :disrocks:

Here's my shot at the answers.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. The Comfort Stations are the nicest I have ever encountered

4. Fort Wilderness has two pools you can enjoy - however, don't confuse Fort Wilderness with The Wilderness Lodge. They are not the same and you don't have pool privileges at WL nor do WL guests have pool privileges at FW. Each one is its own separate resort.

5. Okay if you're not in a hurry.

Bama Ed

They are not the same and you don't have pool privileges at WL nor do WL guests have pool privileges at FW. Each one is its own separate resort.

Understood (maybe!). It will probably be an "OHHH, now I see!" moment when I get there.

And, if the pricing stays the same, we are looking at, probably, $109/ night based on a spreadsheet I saw on another post. Intriguing! Thank you for answering my questions!

Well, it's pretty difficult to confuse the WL Pool with the FW Pool. So I don't think you will have to worry about that.

There is the Meadow swimmin' pool ( large pool with slide and kids area) and the Wilderness swimmin' pool (smaller pool by cabins). The confusion may be being caused by calling the smaller pool the Wilderness swimmin' pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter