A Most Spooktacular Coach Trip TR Update! 20/11/14 Now its Time to Say Goodbye

Neeny17

Mouseketeer
Hello and welcome to the most spooktacular coach trip in the wilderness! I am your host, your ghost host and I welcome you to join the party! First things first; introductions!

I'm Nina, 21 year old education studies student and catering host at my local zoo. I enjoy spending time with the Pumpkin King and his Lady Doll, exploring haunted houses, dropping 13 stories in a service elevator and riding the abandoned mine train.

This is Abi, 25 year old customer assistant at the local CO OP. She enjoys exploring Alice's Labyrinth, scaring the Mad Hatter, spinning in tea cups and running riot in Remy's Kitchen.

We went on a four day Gold Crest coach trip which included three nights at the Kyriad Torcy including breakfast, two day hopper tickets and ferry transfers.

Our dates were 24th - 27th October and we had the best time!

COMING UP: The Longest Day, a.k.a the journey to France.

It was finally the day! I couldn't believe we had been planning the trip since all the way back in May! So, my day started with my alarm going off at about 7:30 and I'd like to say I leapt out of bed like a caffeinated squirrel, but I'm afraid I looked more like this:

However, once I remembered which day it was I got up and about pretty quickly. After a quick breakfast and a run around to make sure I had everything I was out the door! I met Abi at the bus station and we (quietly) freaked out. The pick up time, 9:30, came and no coach so we left the indoor-ish seating area and stood on the corner of the road. Lo and behold the coach turned up and pulled up way up the road, so we legged it up there. Luckily there was another couple of people also being picked up so we didn't hold anyone up. Once on board we only had one more stop in Basildon before getting to the Medway service station. This is where we were getting on the main coach to Disney!

It was only a short journey (45 minutes) to Dover where we pretty much drove straight onto our ferry. The weather was pretty horrible by now, all grey and windy and rainy but nothing could destroy the high we were on! We ate chips, played the arcade games and took a couple of walks around the outside of the ship. Those were amusing because the ferry was rocking and the wind was blowing the rain everywhere.

The crossing took about an hour and a half, but once we were back on the coach we had to settle in for a long drive. Stuart and Selwyn, our drivers, put on Aladdin and we set off. We made one stop at a service station, then watched Stuart Little until we finally made it to our hotel for the weekend, the Kyriad Torcy. Our breakfast time for the next morning was 9.00 and the coach was leaving for Disney at 9:30. Our room was on the fourth floor and had three beds, which was useful for laying out clothes for the next day. Here it is:

As you can see there is a kettle, but there wasn't anything to make drinks, or even any cups, which seemed kind of weird. It didn't really matter but I would have liked a cup of tea that evening. Anyway, we pretty much went straight to bed.

COMING UP: Day One: Disneyland Parc! I promise I'll get to Disney tomorrow!

Great start....I laughed at your morning anna picture :-D. Your room looks great...lol kettle no cups :-D

Can't wait for more;-)

Hi everyone! A bit later than I planned but here's an update and that's what's important!

Disneyland Day Part 1

Our phone alarms woke us bright and early at 7:30 - 'Son of Man' and 'Remains of the Day' were our wake up calls! We hit the shower and you know, the rest of that getting ready stuff that girls do. When we got down to breakfast Stuart was there looking pretty grumpy; apparently breakfast had actually started much earlier and now there wasn't much left. Abi had toast and an orange and I ate cereal and two pain au chocolats. Yummy. After that it was only a 15/20 minute drive to Disney and soon enough we were seeing this!:

Walking into the park was amazing! It was the most Halloweeny sight I had ever seen!

I love how all the ghosts were themed to the building they were haunting! And then of course, there was the main attraction!

Now the plan was to head straight to Frontierland to grab fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain (e.g. the best ride ever), however we were distracted by this:

It was Maleficent and her villainous pals welcoming us to the park and informing us that they had taken over Halloween! They were all so in character, especially Dr Familiar; he winked at Abi and said "Nice hair. Halloween Costume?" which she loved, of course. Once they had passed by we really did go into Frontierland and once again got side-tracked by the fantastic decorations. And the music! I adore 'The Haunted Mansion' and 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' and they were playing the scores and songs from both.

As you can probably tell, Abi was Disneybounding as Alice! Shortly after taking those pictures we spotted the king and queen of Halloween and just had to get in line. I have say I cannot speak highly enough of Jack and Sally; they were just fantastic. They got the whole queue to sing happy birthday to a little girl and to 'scare' the people on the Molly Brown which sails right past the greeting point. Soon enough it was out turn and as soon as I walked up they clocked my ears.

Sally: "Look, that side is me and that side is you and in the middle there's a bat!"
Jack: "Those are amazing!"

After admiring the ears for a while they told me to pull a scary face, which I did and then told me to hold it. Jack then took Sally's hand and said "Right, see you in about an hour". They went round into the little house set up and leaned out of the window for this photo:

Before coming back round for a "nice one".

Jack then shook my hand and told me that it was nice to meet me and then it was Abi's turn! Sally loved how blue she was and they soon twigged that she was Alice in Wonderland.

We bounced out of that meet and greet on such a Disney high! With the Phantom Manor right next door and only a 15 minute wait it would have been rude not to ride!

In the stretching room we had a CM with the most high pitched voice I had ever heard. We weren't sure if she was putting it on or not so we had to stifle our laughter. The ride was as spooky as ever, but we broke down twice! Once facing the wall between Leota's room and the ballroom scene and the other in the ballroom scene. I'm just glad we didn't stop in the graveyard - that demon Chihuahua gives me the creeps!

After making it out, resisting the urge to join the 999 happy haunts - there's room for one more you know! - we finally got the fastpasses. They were for between 2:35 and 3:05 and the queue was 90 minute already! You could definitely tell it was the holidays! We trekked back through to Fantasyland where we walked straight into a villainous gathering. Hook, The Queen of Hearts, Maleficent, The Hag and Cruella were being mobbed around the thorns.

I did manage to get a photo of Abi with the Queen once she noticed her mode of dress:

After that there was only one place that it was appropriate to visit. But first there was one crucial purchase Abi had to make...

COMING UP: Disneyland Day Part 2: Lets get lost in the Labyrinth!

Yay - a brilliant start Neeny. :goodvibes

Everyone is saying what a great M&G Jack and Sally is. Glad yours was too. Will definitely have to try to meet Sandy Claws at Christmas. :thumbsup2

Loving your photos. Looking forward to reading more.

I'm joining this journey:coffee:

Yay! Welcome along!

Yay - a brilliant start Neeny. :goodvibes

Everyone is saying what a great M&G Jack and Sally is. Glad yours was too. Will definitely have to try to meet Sandy Claws at Christmas. :thumbsup2

Loving your photos. Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks! You definitely should! I met him in that guise too and he was equally wonderful. I should have more up on Sunday. I'd like to post more tomorrow but its the last Fright Night at the zoo so you know, 12 hour shift. :faint:

Just been catching up :banana:
Oooh I am loving it so far. Enjoy Fright Night and I look forward to reading more :goodvibes

Great photo's - the Jack and Sally meet looked fantastic :goodvibes

Great TR!!

Look forward to read more and wow amazing photos!! :banana::banana:

Its later than I planned but here's the next instalment!

Disneyland Day Part 2

When I last left you we had just met the Queen of Hearts and Abi had made a very appropriate purchase! Now we were headed to Alice's Curious Labyrinths for a photo session and also to see if we could find any Wonderland characters lurking (spoiler alert: we didn't. Anyone know if Alice or the Hatter meet anywhere in the park?). There was a small queue outside but it moved pretty quickly.

Introducing the Cheshire Cat! I ended up getting one too in the end. They added even more fun to our experience! And in we go!

We had some fun dodging the water spurts that jump between the hedges I tell you! There was lots of squealing and ducking I can tell you! After some wrong turns and dead ends we reached the castle in the centre.

And the King! (Hooray!)

And then, the main reason that most people traverse the curious maze.

The view!

Now we were in search of a programme of events, so off we trotted back to the castle. However, as we reached the thorns, dramatic music started playing and smoke started pouring from the castle balcony.

Maleficent strode from the fog and invited us to her court as the CMs ushered us into a semi circle.

However this time we couldn't get anywhere near the characters so fought our way through the crowds and through the castle, where a CM was kindly handing out events schedules. After looking at ours we realised that the Halloween Parade was about to start so hustled outside.

The music to this was so catchy! And the costumes were amazing; so elaborate. It was now about lunchtime, so we headed into Discoveryland in search of Pizza Planet (not realising that it doesn't exist any more) and ended up in Café Hyperion. I got nuggets and fries and Abi got the cheeseburger meal. No pictures I'm afraid; when it came to food pics I fell down on the job. But you all know what fast food looks like right? ;) I think I'm up to my picture limit so see you in the next post!

Disneyland Day Part 3

After lunch it was time to head to Big Thunder Mountain; our fastpass window was open! We only waited about 5 minutes in the queue and then off we went wheee! Did we enjoy ourselves you ask? Well I'll let this red neck ride photo answer!

After that wonderfully wild ride in the wilderness we skipped through to Adventureland to yo ho with some pirates. Unfortunately the wait time was 45 minutes and neither of us wanted to wait that long. We agreed to come back later (we didn't) when the queue would hopefully be shorter, but not without a pirate ship picture.

Aaargh!

Back in Fantasyland Its a Small World had only a 15 minute queue so in we hopped. It was as annoyingly catchy and cute as usual and because I'm nice I'll only subject you to a couple of my blurry pictures.

Now it was time for teacups! In this queue we saved a child from strangling herself on one of the ropes the segregate the queue (she put the loop around her neck and then started walking after her mum).

It was fun and not as nausea inducing as I expected. It was now about a quarter to five so we decided to grab a snack and scope out parade spots. I had a double chocolate cookie and Abi had a donut. Yummy! We got a great spot in front of the popcorn card by the Frontierland entrance. The reason? There was a puddle on the road and a damp patch on the pavement. Luckily I had bought my poncho so we spread it out and sat on that. The CMs manning the parade route were great! There was one guy from Adventureland in full pirate gear and all the little kids were coming up to him for autographs and pictures! Abi went to snap a picture and he noticed and posed!

We also took a selfie:

One of the CMs noticed Chess and came and took him for a cuddle.

Once he gave him back he told us that the Cheshire Cat is his favourite character and showed us that he was wearing the pin of it. Soon the announcements started and the parade began! Prepare yourselves for an onslaught of pictures:

The funniest thing happened with the Hatter! He went straight past us at first, but Abi's blue hair must have caught his eye because he turned, clocked her Alice dress and then his face took on a look of horror. I couldn't think what was wrong at first, but then he pointed and screamed "CAAAAAAAT!!!" before taking off down the parade route.

And crashing into the Queen of Hearts.

She, of course, turned round to give him an earful. That is until he pointed out Abi and the cat at which point she jumped and lifted her skirt to cover her face, revealing a fetching pair of heart patterned bloomers.

Cont. in next post.

Disneyland Day Part 3 Continued

Carrying on from that hilarious moment.

Minnie was really living it up tonight! She was probably one of the most energetic performers in this parade and that was saying something.

Chip was trying to teach Dale to do the wave!

I love Duffy! So cute!

I always feel kind of sorry for Mickey way up there. Even when his float has gone behind the gate he's still in view and has to carry on dancing and waving.

Hi Tink! Strike a pose!

And that's all folks! All for tonight anyway!

Oooh another lovely post :cool1:
The Mad Hatters reaction was brilliant!!!
Looking forward to more :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter