A Most Spooktacular Coach Trip TR Update! 20/11/14 Now its Time to Say Goodbye

luvin the trip report.. I agree with the Duffy thing love him:thumbsup2

Just catching up again....fantastic fun days and your photos are amazing.... Loving the reactions you both got. Looking forward to more! :-D

We missed the start of the Halloween parade and characters by about a day. *cries* I love that you have such great pics of it to share. It looks fab!

Hey everyone, sorry for the wait; I had a sudden surge of guilt at the lack of assignments being written so I've been focussing on those. But now, on with the show!

Disneyland Day Part 4 - Let the fun continue!

When I last left you, we had just had the best parade experience ever and seeing as we were right near the castle we didn't get so caught up in the post parade rush. We headed round to the right of the castle and entered Fantasyland that way as Abi hoped that Suzie and Perla would still be out, however they weren't (ant climatic I know).

Out of interest, does anyone know if anything happens on this stage? I mean its all decorated for Halloween but I never saw anything to indicate it was being used for performances of any kind.

So after assessing our options we jumped in the queue for Peter Pan which was showing a wait time of 30 minutes (the shortest it had been all day) but it seemed like it was shorter than that.

I want to say we went on Pinocchio next but honestly that might have been the next day. All I know is that by the time we finished that it was getting dark because my next picture is this:

Don't they look so cool all lit up at night though?

A nice CM saw us taking pictures of each other and offered to take one of us together!

Unfortunately this is where the pictures end for today. I think I just got tired of having it hanging round my neck and taking it on and off for pictures etc. Anyway, we had accomplished pretty much everything we wanted to in the park so we trotted off to the village for shopping and food. We ended up going through all of the shops and both bought stuff. I'll be doing a post at the end with my souvenirs if you're interested in that stuff (I know I am!). So with our shopping done for the day we decided dinner was in order and seeing as I had been talking it up all day we decided on Earl of Sandwich. There wasn't too much of a queue (especially compared to the proper sit down places) so we soon had our delicious sandwiches in hand. No food pics, but I got the cannonballs, an apple juice and one of those pots of pineapple sticks. Abi got the Caribbean jerk chicken and the pineapple pot as well. There were no tables indoors so we sat at the tables outside which wasn't so bad actually. We were both feeling a bit flushed from the shops anyway plus we got to watch the character interaction in Café Mickey.

At about 20 past 9 we headed back into the park for Dreams! The area in front of the castle was slammed but we still had a decent view of the castle from Main Street so we plonked our bums down there. BIG MISTAKE! While we waited I hopped into one of the Main Street shops and picked up my own Cheshire Cat and soon enough Dreams! Was beginning. And here is the fatal flaw: everyone stood up and moved into the middle of the street. That in itself was ok-ish but then one dad hoisted his child onto his shoulders and stepped sideways half blocking me. Then another dad hoisted HIS daughter onto his hip and stepped to the side blocking my other side! I was thinking "You've GOT to be kidding me!" I mean the second guy's daughter was about the same height as me! I mean it was still good but we were basically moving all over the place trying to see. And then just as we got to the Doctor Facilier scene, I happened to look at the clock and see it was 10:20. And the coach was leaving at 10:30! The driver basically said that if we weren't back then it would be assumed that we were taking the train back. So we power walked out, went the wrong way (with me frantically texting Stuart letting him know we were on our way) and made it there about 5 minutes late. But in the end we ended up staying until about 11 anyway! Oh well, at least it was only a 15 minute drive back. Stuart reminded us that the clocks were going back that night and that the coach would be leaving at the same time the next day for those going to the parks again. We pretty much changed into our pjs and went straight to bed.

Coming up: Disney Studios Day Part 1 - An unfortunate start to a great morning.

Disney Studios Day Part 1 - An Unfortunate Start

So, as you may recall, the night before, Stuart had reminded us that the clocks go back an hour. So, because we didn't want to stay up or wake up at 2am to change the clocks and weren't sure if our iPhones did it automatically, Abi set hers back an hour before we went to sleep and I didn't. The plan was to wake up when her alarm rang and see if our times were the same. Well, somewhere this plan was misinterpreted by yours truly and our phones went weird. As in Abi's changed the time automatically (after being set back the first time) and mine didn't. So when her alarm rang I just assumed my time was wrong and we got up and ready as normal. Well we got down to breakfast and had just grabbed plates when Stuart appeared and said "aren't you coming today?" and we said "of course!". Well, it was time to go he said. My first thought was that he was playing a prank on us but then he showed us his watch which said 9:30. Argh! Luckily he was kind enough to wait while we legged it to the room to grab our stuff. Phew! Back in the right time zone we arrived at the parks at about ten and joined the long line to get into the Studios.

First stop was breakfast seeing as we missed out at the hotel. We stopped at the long fast food place (En Coulisse?) in the Studio 1 entrance. I got the breakfast menu which includes a croissant, a hot drink, an orange juice and a milk carton. Pretty good value for money I think! And Abi got a chicken burger as well as my milk (I hate it on its own) but she had to drink it through the hole because I had taken the straw for my coffee. But only because they had put it into one of those McDonald's style plastic cups without a proper drinking hole.
Anyway breakfast in hand we speed walked through Toy Story Playland

and into the Ratatouille area - the ordinary queue was already 100 minutes so we got in the fastpass queue. Our return time was between 4:55 and 5:25. I love the whole Ratatouille area, but it was too crowded to get proper photos. I did get this one though:

Fastpasses safely in hand we headed to the next order of business which was characters! Abi had bought an autograph book the day before so she could get some signatures for her niece. We jumped into Buzz's queue first but he was taking forever to come back from his break so we switched to Mickey instead (of course 5 minutes later Buzz came back) but our queue had moved considerably so we stayed where we were. Soon enough we were meeting the big cheese himself:

He told me he loved my ears by gesturing to them and then drawing a love heart. Abi's turn!

As you can see, Abi had respected her Mother's wishes and was wearing a normal outfit today. I however, was skipping around in my Tangled dress and loving it. Next we hovered by Crush, wanting to get a photo when the shell whizzes by (the queue was 90 minutes and we both suffer from motion sickness so...).

Nailed it!

Our plan was to go straight to Tower of Terror, but we were distracted by the fact that Animagique was starting in 5 minutes.

Before the show started we entertained the kids in the row in front of us with our Cheshire Cats (yes they came back with us. Though I must admit mine made his way into my bag pretty quickly) and then it began! It was just as sweet as I remembered it and we both really enjoyed it. Now it was time to face my fear; TOT only had a 25 minute wait so now was the time.

Doo doo doo doo!

Doo doo doo doo!

I was feeling relatively ok until we got to here:

Then my palms started sweating, my heart started racing and I needed the loo. Badly. But I sucked it up and did what any person does in a time of crisis: channelled my inner Charlotte Le Boueff.

"I'm sweatin' like a sinner in church!"

"Oh Tia, Tia, Tia!"

"I used to think that wishin' on stars was just for children and crazy people"

Just a few of the quotes that jumped out of our mouths. The people around us must have thought we were nuts! At the boiler room part of the queue a sinister CM asked us how many were in our party and when we answered "two" he smiled creepily and said "follow me". Great. We were on the next elevator. And in the front row! There was a hilarious group of French guys with us who were acting all tough and not scared then as soon as we moved were fake screaming. Like every time we moved. But it was so much fun! We went through the twilight zone, saw the fate of those unfortunate celebrities and then off we went! It was amazing, but I think our picture will tell you that:

Coming up: Disney Studio Day Part 2: Animated times and the Princess Waiting Game.

Yay for updates Neeny - love your photo with Mickey. :goodvibes

You made the most of a rushed start - flexible girls.:thumbsup2

Yay for updates Neeny - love your photo with Mickey. :goodvibes

You made the most of a rushed start - flexible girls.:thumbsup2

:goodvibes Thanks! Me too! Well it could've been worse. And the only effect that it really had was that our FP time was probably later than it would have been.

Disney Studio Day Part 2: Animated times and the Princess Waiting Game

After browsing the dump shop, we saw some characters mingling so decided to check them out. It turned out they were just leaving but we still managed to get some shots.

Now our plan was to head back over to Disneyland Parc and get in line for the princesses but not before one of my Studios staples - Art of Animation! Or the emotional rollercoaster. Oddly, at the beginning before you head into the first cinema, there was no CM to introduce it. The lights were all working but there was no one to explain anything. Oh well, it was touching and hilarious as usual so no complaints really. Only that the shop at the end doesn't seem to have vinylmations any more. Ok, so now we were headed back to the park. Princess Pavilion was showing a 75 minute wait and normally I would have decided against that, but Abi had promised her niece a photo and an autograph with a Princess so in line we got.

I have to say its quite pretty with all of the different castles and iconic items from the films.

I have no idea what this face was all about...

It actually took a little less than 75 minutes but not much. I was secretly hoping for Rapunzel, but we were ushered in to see this Beauty.

Who got very excited over Abi's Disney bottle cap earrings.

Princess mission complete we headed back, our plan to now go back to Ratatouille for our FP. It was a little early but we were kind of hoping that if we batted our eyelashes they would let us slip through early. However, on the way out we saw a certain little alien meeting and greeting in his Halloween costume and had to get in line. I have to say he was amazing. So good with everyone. However as we inched closer to the front Minnie appeared to take his place. I love Minnie but I've never met Stitch before so it was a teensy bit disappointing.

This was taken from the queue - she was very happy to see her attendant. Soon it was our turn and as soon as she saw my ears I got a big thumbs up. It was my turn to use the autograph book.

Abi's turn!

Coming up: Studio Day Part 3: Ratatouille, more parade and we shop til we drop.

Awesome trip report! Love your ears; and the blue hair; AND the Cheshire cat...everything actually! ;)

Lovely photos - you did well waiting so long for the princess, I've never made it in there yet as it's just too long a wait. It looks really nice inside though :thumbsup2

Look forward to more :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter