A Most Spooktacular Coach Trip TR Update! 20/11/14 Now its Time to Say Goodbye

Lovely photos - you did well waiting so long for the princess, I've never made it in there yet as it's just too long a wait. It looks really nice inside though :thumbsup2

Look forward to more :goodvibes

Y3ep, it was definitely a marathon of endurance. Its not something I would normally do - especially seeing as you only get to meet one princess at the end. I might be more inclined to wait if it was like the set up at WDW where you get to meet 3.

Hi guys, sorry for the longish absence, I had my operation (the one I thought was going to cause major disruption on the trip) and I'm still recovering. I don't think I've ever spent so much time lying down. Now, on with the show!

Disney Studios Day Part 3: Ratatouille, more parade and we shop til we drop

So when I left you last we had waited an hour to see Belle and a considerably shorter amount of time to meet the lovely Minnie. Now we were ambling back to the studios to use our coveted Ratatouille fastpasses. The reason we weren't rushing was because we were a little early for our time. However, it turned out that that didn't matter because when we got there the single rider line was only 5 minutes! Now we weren't going to miss out on that opportunity and jumped straight in. And we ended up in the same mouse! Now I cannot say enough good things about this ride; it was so cool! No spoilers, but definitely do not miss out on it if possible. After that awesome experience we marched back to Disneyland Parc as we wanted to catch the parade again. As it was later this time we didn't get as good a parade spot but it still wasn't bad. We were on the curb opposite the bandstand in the second row. No pictures I'm afraid, because I filmed it on my phone but it was great as usual.

Our plan now was to go to Bella Notte for dinner, but when we turned up they had already closed for the night! Now I know Fantasyland closes early because of Dreams! But not that early! Having no real plan now, we headed to Disney Village and planned to jumps into the first line for hot food. Because as you may have noticed we forgot to have lunch. However that plan hit a snag when we got to Annette's (the queue was only just out the door which I thought was good) and Abi stated that there was no way she was paying that much for a burger. When I pointed out the meal deals she said she didn't want any of that stuff and asked me how I thought those prices were reasonable. Sigh. Now you'll all know that when I said reasonable I meant reasonable for Disney, but we have differing views on that. As you can probably guess, that meant King Ludwig's and Rainforest Café were also off the menu and we ended up back in the Earl of Sandwich. Luckily this turned out ok, because they now do a 'tea time' thing where you can get a pasta dish or pizza for the same sort of price as the sandwiches so I got the veg pasta bake and Abi got a cheese pizza.

We had timed it right because there was no queue to speak of and plenty of empty tables. Moods (mine anyway ;) ) were greatly improved by hot food and a sit down and we were able to take out time seeing as we weren't rushing to see Dreams! This time around (our pick up was 9:30 tonight). After that we hit the shops. I couldn't find anything for my dad as per the norm, but I was planning on picking something up for him at the chocolate shop and wine/beer warehouse we would be visiting on the way back to Calais. My brother was another problem present wise because they hadn't released any new Star Wars t shirts since my last visit. In the end I broke and decided to pick him something from the Lego Shop (he is the worlds biggest AFOL) and just pray that he hadn't already got it in his collection. After our shopping needs were satisfied we picked a wall outside the World of Disney and just sat and watched the crowds go by (me wishing we were staying onsite) until it was time to walk back to the coach. We were the first back on but everyone else was quick to follow. We headed back and packed up our stuff so we would be ready to leave the next morning. Coming up: the journey home.

Aw Neeny - feeling sad that this is nearly over. :sad: Another great day - so looking forward to experiencing Ratatouille. :goodvibes

Aw Neeny - feeling sad that this is nearly over. :sad: Another great day - so looking forward to experiencing Ratatouille. :goodvibes

Me too, that's partly why I've been dragging it out a bit lol. It was such a great day - you're going to love Ratatouille!

Now its Time to Say Goodbye to All Our Company

Well folks, this is it. The last trip update. But never fear! I will also be including a photo post of my purchases. This travel day was quite tedious so I'll keep it as brief as possible.

Ok so, we got up at around 7 am that day, got ready and went down and stuffed ourselves at breakfast. Seeing as we got there so early there was lots of food on offer and we wanted to eat as much as possible as we weren't sure when we would next get an opportunity to eat. We were out of there by 9 and off to our first stop which was to pick up the other half of our coach at Magic Circus. It definitely looked nicer than our hotel! And it was so much closer! Plus seeing as they had to take the shuttle they wouldn't have had to miss Dreams! Oh well. The grass is always greener eh? ;) It was a long drive to Calais and we had to go the scenic way because of bad traffic on the main roads. But it was very pretty; lots of sweet villages and nice countryside. After a stop at a service station where another coach driver got fined for not having his fog lights on (I should probably clarify that it was a foggy morning) we got to Calais where we stopped for a break at a Hypermarket and chocolate shop. I got my family some chocolate (Florentines, chocolate buttons and a big box of mixed chocolates for my dad who didn't get a Disney present) and just as we were headed back to the coach a request came through from my dad. He wanted beer "something with a strange name". Well that was his present sorted!

There was some excitement on the road leading to the docks when a man rolled out from underneath a lorry and limped across the road. Stuart explained that there were lots of immigrants hanging around Calais and that they would try to cling to the bottom of coaches and lorries to get on the ferries to England.

I believe we got on the ferry at about half past three and we had fish and chips and then a wander around the shops where Abi got her niece a plastic bow and arrow set to go with her Merida costume. After that it was a short ride to Medway where we changed back to our feeder coach. I have to say it was a lot plusher than ours! And not all the seats were taken so we sat one behind the other and spread our bags out which was bliss after the cramped ride there. It took a surprisingly short time to get back home even after a hold up on the m25. We ended up back at the bus station at about 7:45 and had to share a taxi instead of a lift from my parents because they were expecting us much later and so my dad had driven to running training.

There was some excitement at the presents and photos and the Lego set I had bought my brother was one that he had been looking for! And the big sister of the year award goes to me! :thumbsup2

I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I've enjoyed writing it! And thanks for coming along on the ride. Next I'll post my haul. TTFN!

Sure i did :goodvibes such a lovely trip report and you and Abi are just two sweethearts so it could not had been different.

Thank you very much for sharing :love1::love1:

My Disneyland Haul

As promised here is my haul! I always end up buying quite a few things because the closest Disney stores to me are in London and Norwich so its quite a trek. Plus its Disneyland. So, item number one is this Tower of Terror hoodie. I love that it has Mickey, Donald and Goofy riding it. It makes a nice change from normal theme park hoodies that just have the ride logo on them. Plus I'm kind of obsessed with hoodies.

Close up of the image.

Next up is this gorgeous Jack Skellington top. Its off the shoulder which makes me feel more like a grown up when wearing it and its not an obnoxious colour.

Of course you met the Cheshire Cat already but here he is again. I collect Disney stuffed animals so tend to get one every trip.

Now I've been looking for a flask for a while because as the colder weather has been creeping in I've been buying lots of hot drinks on campus and that adds up. So now I can take my hot chocolate or coffee in this lovely one.

This next one was a present for my mum. The school in which she works has split into two buildings and everyone who works in the new building has to wear an I.D. badge. Obviously they gave everyone a lanyard but they weren't very nice and so she requested I bring her one back.

Its reversible which is pretty cool.

Pins! I started collecting these very recently but didn't do any trading because I haven't got enough to trade and the ones I do have I like so...

I thought Slinky was really cool because he actually has a spring separating the front from the back.

And vinylmations, another collection that I have. Oh Disney. You sure know how to take my money.

Maleficent from the Sleeping Beauty range, Trixie from the new Toy Story range and the chaser from the Animation Series 5. I think its Mr Toad but I'm not sure.

Neeny. Love your purchases - especially the hoody and the Jack Skellington top. :cool:

Thank you so much for sharing your DLP trip with us - I have really enjoyed reading your TR and looking at your fab photos. :thumbsup2

Look forward to the next one. :goodvibes

Neeny. Love your purchases - especially the hoody and the Jack Skellington top. :cool:

Thank you so much for sharing your DLP trip with us - I have really enjoyed reading your TR and looking at your fab photos. :thumbsup2

Look forward to the next one. :goodvibes

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for coming along for the ride! Me too, but it probably wont be for a while because I have a Trek America trip booked for May and I'll probably be going on the family trip to Cornwall later in the summer too. Then in September I'll be applying for the Disney Cultural Rep programme so there's a lot to save up for.

Lovely updates - glad you had such a good time.

Love all your purchases too - the TOT hoodie is great :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting - my daughter is really keen to do the Disney rep thing too in the next few years - hope it all works out for you :goodvibes

Lovely updates - glad you had such a good time.

Love all your purchases too - the TOT hoodie is great :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting - my daughter is really keen to do the Disney rep thing too in the next few years - hope it all works out for you :goodvibes

Thank you, I hope it works out for her too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter