A naive Aussie's PTR

Boooo! Apparently POTC *AND* the associated Blue Lagoon restaurant will be closed for refurb while we're there :sad2: Looks like I'll have to find an alternative lunch venue for Disney Day 2 :confused3

At least it's not an attraction that's unique to Paris that's down :goodvibes Just wish they had a POTC in HK so I could still get my fix :rotfl:

Boooo!

At least you'll have Grizzly Gulch to console you. Is the Mystic Manor up and running yet?

Boooo!

At least you'll have Grizzly Gulch to console you. Is the Mystic Manor up and running yet?

Very true :woohoo: I think Mystic Manor is opening in summer, so I probably won't get to see it (will probably be at about the same stage Grizzly Gulch was when we went last year). HK is such a convenient location for a stopover though, I'm sure I'll see it in the not-too-distant future :thumbsup2

Let's have another look at that list...

Done
Flights (Qantas)
Passport
Accommodation Paris (Terminus Lyon)
Accommodation Innsbruck (Basic Hotel)
Accommodation Lucerne (Hotel Monopol)
Accommodation Montreux (Best Western)
Accommodation Disneyland (Hotel L'Elysee)
Disneyland tickets
Train tickets
Mum's special surprise
Eiffel Tower tour tickets (for skip the line access)
Paris bike tour
Accommodation HK (Hollywood Hotel)

To Do
Airport transfer for arrival in Paris
Buy Paris metro passes (you can buy these in advance)
Print off information I have gathered
Gather paperwork together, make copies of important docs to leave with DH
Book in for a hair cut and eyelash tinting
Paint my Disney nails
Start packing!

I'm going to start packing this weekend. It's the middle of summer in Australia, with temperatures up to 42 degrees C (or 104 degrees F), so I don't think I'll miss my ski jacket and thermals :lmao:

Sounds like you're nearly all organised except for packing.

Your To Do list doesn't seems like a lot of effort to me! YAY!

Not for the Friday though since that's part of March :rotfl:

I'm thrilled to see that it will still be open until 8pm - that will really help get more out of our first day! Opening at 10am, but there's extra magic hours from 8am. I might be tempted to do a couple of EMHs but if the crowds are low we may not bother.

Closures seem to be POTC as mentioned before, the Studios Tram tour, and Snow White. Everything else seems to be back up and running for the end of the month :cool1:

The program for shows and parades isn't up yet, and I don't think it goes up until the week prior. From what I can gather though, the parade will be on at 5pm and Dreams will be on at park closing.

All of them :lmao:

But seriously...
Big Thunder Mountain
Phantom Manor
Indiana Jones (I know a lot of people say it's not a highlight, but I love a rollercoaster!)
Castle walk-through and dragon's lair
Peter Pan
Pinocchio (I didn't do this in Anaheim and can't do it in HK)
Alice's Curious Labyrinth
Space Mountain Mission 2
Star Tours (this is more a must-do for Dad)
Buzz Lightyear (Mum loves computer games, I think she'll enjoy this)
Cinemagique
Animagique
Tower of Terror
Rock N Rollercoaster
Crush's Coaster

With 5 mid-week days in low season, I'm expecting to be able to do pretty much everything that isn't closed for maintenance.

The magical countdown is on! :banana::banana::banana:

During the week I booked our arrival transfers and bought the Paris metro passes :thumbsup2

The most exciting thing that's happened this week is that my accountant FINALLY got my tax return finished (yes, he's a little slack...) and for the first time in the 10 years that I've been doing tax returns, I'm actually due for a decent refund :cool1: This will cover my spending money in Europe :woohoo:

I've added a few little last minute things to my to-do list...

Make sure I have enough of any prescription meds
Check out options for motion sickness meds
Waterproof my boots (bought the waterproofer weeks ago, just need to use it :rotfl:)
Get a few pairs of decent socks
Paint my Disney nails
Start packing!

Mum and I saw some jeans in an outlet store years ago that we were a bit tempted to buy, but didn't know if we'd get enough use out of them. They're fleece-lined so just like wearing a pair of trackies under your jeans! We've decided that they might be worth purchasing given the circumstances, and I'll definitely wear them in Melbourne in winter (I always complain of having cold legs). I called the outlet store in question and they have them in the right sizes for me and Mum, so I'm going to try to swing by there this afternoon.

Awww...Love it when I hear that the taxman returned money! Even better when it covers your spending money. :thumbsup2

Yesterday I did manage to get the winter jeans for me and for Mum :thumbsup2 They are wind-proof, water-proof, and have a polar-fleece lining, so they should be nice and cozy :goodvibes Plus, they were on special for less than half price :woohoo:

I thought of something else to add to the list too :idea: Get some cash in Euros, Swiss Francs, and HK dollars.

Make sure I have enough of any prescription meds
Exchange some cash
Check out options for motion sickness meds
Waterproof my boots (bought the waterproofer weeks ago, just need to use it )
Get a few pairs of decent socks
Paint my Disney nails
Start packing!

I missed the 3 week countdown post preparing for our camping trip over the weekend, so now it's more like 2 1/2 weeks to go :hyper:

I haven't really done much this week, so don't really have any updates. I just wanted to do my 3 weeks to go post :lmao:

I noticed that there has been no sign of my tax money yet, and no word from the accountant, so I thought I'd better give them a call just to make sure it's on its way... :rolleyes2

Turns out it hasn't been lodged yet! :scared1: I told the lady I spoke to what my situation is and that the accountant said he would send it off as soon as I replied to his email, and she apologised profusely and assured me that she would lodge it today before she goes. So now I just have to cross my fingers and toes that I get the money in time - it can take up to 14 business days, but apparently it's been pretty quick lately, more like a week. I certainly hope so - it's cutting it a bit fine to organise currency exchanges etc. I'm seriously starting to re-think this accountant - he's good at working the system in our favour, but he's so slack!

So now I'm off to start packing to cheer myself up pixiedust:

And I have now started packing! :thumbsup2

DSC00627small.jpg

So far it has all my wintery stuff - big jackets, thermals, fleece-lined jeans, and woolly socks!

And my day pack/carry-on bag...

DSC00634small.jpg

So far it has paperwork for each destination, plus a beanie, scarf, gloves, leg warmers, and thermal top for when we arrive in Paris! This particular bag is on its last legs. I do intend to buy a Disney messenger bag when I'm over there, but I'll have more than a week of travelling before we get to Disney, so I'll just use this one in the meantime and chuck it when I get a new one.

My paperwork is looking pretty good now - all in its separate folders per destination, and the pink one is stuff that I'll need for the whole trip (my itinerary, travel insurance docs, copy of my passport etc).

DSC00633small.jpg

I went out for dinner with some friends on Friday night. One of them has a DH who is a travel wholesaler, and had recently been sent some promo items from Disney. So she rocked up with an envelope full of goodies for me :goodvibes I'm using the Main Street USA luggage tag for my trip, and am taking the Adventureland one for Mum (she's a Lion King fan). There was also a Tomorrowland one which I'll save for when we move house and I need to change the address :rotfl:

DSC00626small.jpg

There were also some new DLR pins :cloud9:

DSC00628small.jpg

It was so sweet of him to think of me, and it totally made my night!

Now, how's that list looking?

Print off information I have gathered - in progress
Gather paperwork together, make copies of important docs to leave with DH - in progress
Book in for a hair cut and eyelash tinting - still need to do
Make sure I have enough of any prescription meds - done, all good!
Exchange some cash - this will depend on when I get some money!
Check out options for motion sickness meds - still need to do
Waterproof my boots (bought the waterproofer weeks ago, just need to use it ) - done
Get a few pairs of decent socks - done, and packed :rotfl:
Paint my Disney nails - won't do until the last minute (my nails never last!)
Start packing! - in progress

I've come up with a Plan B in case the tax money doesn't turn up in time. I have managed to save (with a LOT of effort and willpower) nearly $900 towards my NEXT Disney trip (see signature) :rotfl: Worst case, I can transfer this back to my accessible account and use that until the tax money comes in. It will definitely be a last resort option, as if I take any money out of that account I don't get any interest for the month. But as soon as the tax money comes in I'll get DH to transfer it to my account, pay back my savings, pay off my credit card, and have the rest to use as spending money :thumbsup2

I was relieved that my tax money came in yesterday, so I was able to order my currency. Turns out it's ready now! But they say you need to allow 3 business days so glad it's done now anyway. I will collect it at the airport on my way through Thursday afternoon.

Packed a few more things through the week, found my power adapter and other travel essentials. I'll be able to start packing things like my pyjamas and chargers for my cameras and maybe Garmin (GPS enabled sports watch).

Just need to print out a few more things and put in my paperwork folders, and finish off packing as I can.

So how's the list going?

Print off information I have gathered - in progress
Gather paperwork together, make copies of important docs to leave with DH - in progress
Book in for a hair cut and eyelash tinting - done
Exchange some cash - done
Check out options for motion sickness meds - done, stocked up on Travacalm with antihistamine
Paint my Disney nails - won't do until the last minute (my nails never last!)
Start packing! - in progress

I've only got 3 working days to go, got Thursday off altogether in case I need to take public transport to the airport. If that happens I will need to leave at about 11am for a 5pm flight... So fingers crossed DH can take me!

I'm so excited and cannot wait for Thursday to get here! I may or may not do more updates here in the meantime, and may or may not update while I'm away. Certainly won't be a live TR or anything, but maybe just a brief overview of where we are and what we've been doing.

If not, see you on the other side! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter