A New Idea for Autographs

We are doing a pillowcase, too. I ordered 2 from ebay with Jessie and Buzz on them, the child's name, and "Disneyworld 2011." I know that they will use the pillowcases for years, even after they fade. We are using fabric markers, though, and then I'll bring it home and heatset it. I am really looking forward to it!

Off to Staples today to refurb our book for our upcoming trip. Replacing the laminating on the cover (coming apart) and adding some new character pages (Rapunzel, Jake & The Neverland Pirates, etc.)

My DD8 and I spent Sunday morning going through the character lists for each park on Allears and made pages for all of those that were not in the book.

She is so psyched to be able to add siggies to her book again this year. Hopefully, though, she won't complain about standing in line!

The 2 must haves this trip Mickey (yes, we went all the way to WDW and didn't see the mouse) and Rapunzel!

She is so psyched to be able to add siggies to her book again this year. Hopefully, though, she won't complain about standing in line!

OH MY NO!!! Don't do it! Standing in line for a photo op or autographs is not the way to do it. Character Meals. Do Character Meals and they come right to your table many times and you sit and let the kiddies get the autographs and you take the pictures. Standing in line for autographs is the one single waste of time at any Disney venue. Our Opinion… Actually mileage may vary. :lmao:

The only downside to character meals is you won't meet ALL the characters- this coming from someone who has a cm booked for every sit down dining credit except one. Little ones love it it's part of the magic for me too. for my kids 8and3 it's the main reason they're going I think!

Thanks so much for this thread so excited for my books. Awesome idea! Even if they are bulky! So worth it.:yay:

OH MY NO!!! Don't do it! Standing in line for a photo op or autographs is not the way to do it. Character Meals. Do Character Meals and they come right to your table many times and you sit and let the kiddies get the autographs and you take the pictures. Standing in line for autographs is the one single waste of time at any Disney venue. Our Opinion… Actually mileage may vary. :lmao:

Absolutlely! We do need to wait online for the Tangled M&G experience and intend to use Fast Passes for Mickey and the Princesses. We have been to several character meals and have autographs from most of those characters, just trying to catch the rest as we can. We are going to Akershus for Princess breakfast this trip so between that and the FP line, we should be able to get most, if not all, the VIPrincess's.princess:

The only downside to character meals is you won't meet ALL the characters- this coming from someone who has a cm booked for every sit down dining credit except one. Little ones love it it's part of the magic for me too. for my kids 8and3 it's the main reason they're going I think!

Thanks so much for this thread so excited for my books. Awesome idea! Even if they are bulky! So worth it.:yay:

These books are great and the characters love them too. Mr & Mr Incredible were enjoying reading about themselves when my daughter presented it to them last year. The other people in line weren't so happy as they were taking longer than usual.

As for the bulkiness, we have a stroller still so just throw it underneath.

One day I plan to climb into the attic and dig out old autograph books from past trips and try to recreate signatures into this book so that we can continue to strive for completeness and have them all in one place/collector's item.

Enjoy!

Yup... they are a bit bulky but they are a LOAD of fun. We take them on the cruises too and the characters just love them. Check out this video of an autograph & photo op with the books.

Off to Staples today to refurb our book for our upcoming trip. Replacing the laminating on the cover (coming apart) and adding some new character pages (Rapunzel, Jake & The Neverland Pirates, etc.)

Great idea! I hadn't thought about just adding pages and having it rebound. THANK YOU!!

GREAT IDEA!!! Thanks for posting! I have 5 kids, so I *think* I'll do one for each of them. I like the tote bag idea too and so the older ones can take care of their own book. They can also keep it in the stroller if they don't want to carry it around.

I'm not 100% sure if I should get autographs for the baby. Should I just order her a book, but leave it at home this time and she can start getting the autographs during our next visit when she's older? Will she feel like we left her out later when she notices that the other kids have all the autographs from this trip and she doesn't? I'm thinking that she'll want to get the autographs herself when she can remember it a bit better. Hmmmm, what would everyone else do in this situation. We're hoping to visit WDW every 3 years or so.

We ordered the Encyclopedia books from Amazon, I took them to Kinkos and had the binding changed and the front and back covers laminated. The books are a bit heavy for carrying around all day but my DW came up with a great solution. She wanted to get the girls a little Welcome To WDW gift so she got them both monogramed black draw string backpacks, and guess what; the books fit in it perfectly. The girls had NO problem carrying the books in the back packs and had other things with them as well.

She ordered the back packs from http://www.disneyflorist.com and they put them in the room for us while we were at DTD.

When the characters saw themselves in the books they went nuts. Pooh saw it and jumped for joy and tried to show it to Tigger. Tigger ignored him and Pooh showed signs of crying to the crowd and they got after Tigger for it. It was great fun and it made the character meetings that much more special. Alice [Alice In Wonderland} spent 10 minutes with us just looking through the book and even brought all the characters in the restaurant over to look as well. It was so much fun.
Here is a picture of the girls with the back packs:
DSC00216small.jpg

Can you order just the drawstring bags? I could only find them as part of a package.

GREAT IDEA!!! Thanks for posting! I have 5 kids, so I *think* I'll do one for each of them. I like the tote bag idea too and so the older ones can take care of their own book. They can also keep it in the stroller if they don't want to carry it around.

I'm not 100% sure if I should get autographs for the baby. Should I just order her a book, but leave it at home this time and she can start getting the autographs during our next visit when she's older? Will she feel like we left her out later when she notices that the other kids have all the autographs from this trip and she doesn't? I'm thinking that she'll want to get the autographs herself when she can remember it a bit better. Hmmmm, what would everyone else do in this situation. We're hoping to visit WDW every 3 years or so.

I have two kids and we have one book. IMHO one is enough since it is the same book, you will be getting the same autographs, and there is no room for photos and therefore, is not personalized anyway. If each child was going to be photographed separately with the siggie, then I'd say each having there own may be important. While I totally understand the "everyone wanting/needing the same thing" routine (it happens in my house on a hourly basis), you may want to rethink having 5 of the same books and maybe trying to find a creative way for all of the kids to enjoy 1.

Last year, DD2 was not interested in characters so DD7 brought the book to them. This year she seems like she'll be more interested so what I think I'll do is have them take turns presenting the book at M&Gs.

If you do decide to stick with the 5, each child should def be responsible for their own book, so you're not stuck lugging them around. As many of us have said, it is bulky.

Have fun with it!

I have two kids and we have one book. IMHO one is enough since it is the same book, you will be getting the same autographs, and there is no room for photos and therefore, is not personalized anyway. If each child was going to be photographed separately with the siggie, then I'd say each having there own may be important. While I totally understand the "everyone wanting/needing the same thing" routine (it happens in my house on a hourly basis), you may want to rethink having 5 of the same books and maybe trying to find a creative way for all of the kids to enjoy 1.

Last year, DD2 was not interested in characters so DD7 brought the book to them. This year she seems like she'll be more interested so what I think I'll do is have them take turns presenting the book at M&Gs.

If you do decide to stick with the 5, each child should def be responsible for their own book, so you're not stuck lugging them around. As many of us have said, it is bulky.

Have fun with it!

I thought about just getting one book, but I like the idea of each of them having their own. I figure over the years they can work on getting as many signatures as they can and it can be their own personal keepsake to show their own kids. I know it will probably be a pain to carry around, but I think it will be worth it. I'm not sure if I should get the baby autographs or wait until our next trip to start her book.

Can you order just the drawstring bags? I could only find them as part of a package.

They were part of the package. You may want to call Disney Florist and see if they can customize it for you. Most of the time they can.

I thought about just getting one book, but I like the idea of each of them having their own. I figure over the years they can work on getting as many signatures as they can and it can be their own personal keepsake to show their own kids. I know it will probably be a pain to carry around, but I think it will be worth it. I'm not sure if I should get the baby autographs or wait until our next trip to start her book.

:thumbsup2

Bring the baby's book with you, try it one day, and then leave it in the room (or enlist an older sibling to be "in charge" of getting the baby's siggies) the rest of the time if it doesn't work out. Can't hurt to try!

IMHO I would think getting them all at once would be better so that on the future trips, you don't have to autograph chase the one's the other kids already have and can work on new characters all together.

I'm not 100% sure if I should get autographs for the baby.

I'd order a book for everyone before it goes out of print again. The last one went out of print for 5 years. They had such demand for it they updated it and rereleased it.

I just placed my order. It took me a while because they don't deliver to Canada, but a friend is coming from the US to Canada, so he'll bring them to me before our trip. So, my question now is.....Do you think it's worth it to get it rebound with the spiral binding? Is the binding pretty sturdy and do the pages stay in pretty good? I had something bound the last time we went to WDW, but it was a plastic spiral type binding and it didn't hold up the best. I like the idea of being able to add extra pages with the new characters.

I just placed my order. It took me a while because they don't deliver to Canada, but a friend is coming from the US to Canada, so he'll bring them to me before our trip. So, my question now is.....Do you think it's worth it to get it rebound with the spiral binding? Is the binding pretty sturdy and do the pages stay in pretty good? I had something bound the last time we went to WDW, but it was a plastic spiral type binding and it didn't hold up the best. I like the idea of being able to add extra pages with the new characters.

I would recc'd binding for two reasons. 1. adding the extra pages is cool, 2. it's easier to manuever when the characters sign to be able to flip the rest of the book over instead of having to sign and hold the book open.

I would recc'd binding for two reasons. 1. adding the extra pages is cool, 2. it's easier to manuever when the characters sign to be able to flip the rest of the book over instead of having to sign and hold the book open.

I agree with the spiral binding! When we were there for Christmas, we had multiple characters coment on how they had seen those books before but never spiral bound and it was so much easier for them to hold. Cinderalla's stepmother and stepsisters were especially impressed with them and their hands are open! Didn't cost much and so worth it in my opinion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter