~ A PTR for a CAMPING Trip That Might Never Be ~ *TR Started (link inside)*

If your DH is stationed in the US, what are the possible locations?

Oops! Forgot to answer this!

There's so many possibilities that could come up, but it all depends on which positions have openings for when Chuck is due to rotate. Some possibilities for being stationed on a ship are Jacksonville, FL (which, even though it's close to Disney I wouldn't want to live year round - could not handle the humidity!), California, Washington State, Norfolk, VA, Mississippi.

Your boys are absolutely adorable.

-Holly. :wizard:

Thank you :goodvibes

I'm gone for one day and you are up to page 3! You're turning into one of those Dis Rockstars:rotfl:

I love Chick Fil A too! It's right up there with Disney. When we went on our trip in January we started and ended with a meal at Chick (that's what it goes by in our house)

If you're camping this summer, there are supposedly some nice spots up in western Maryland. We've planned to go before, but never actually made it for camping. Something always came up to stop us. (I think it was usually me thinking about hard ground and bugs):goodvibes

We love Western Maryland and it's definitely on my list of places to camp. I think we'll try to stick with spring and fall for camping though. I'm not sure we'd do well in the heat of summer. So that means I need to get planning! And you can take care of the hard ground by having a good mattress to sleep on :thumbsup2

Yeah Scott then we can all come stay with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lovestruc

Hi,
I saw your link and came on over. I hope you get to go. We are actually looking at places in Florida to buy. I am thinking Celebration but Biff wants to be by the beach. We shall see.

Looking forward to more.

Pimp yourself on my threads. Go do it, you know you want to.

Can you book your package over the phone and just pay a certain amount (IS there a minimum amount like a certain percentage you need to pay?) and then make your other payments online? Can you do the whole thing online?

When you initially book your package you have to put down a $200 deposit. Then, you can pay whatever amounts you want whenever you want up until the 45-day mark when it has to be paid in full. That's how I have always done it -- I work our WDW payment into our monthly budget just like another bill :thumbsup2 . As far as I know, you can do all of it online, but I always call so that the CM says, "Have a magical day!" and I get a little Disney magic :).

Y'all are making me nervous about the whole camping idea!! I think I need to go hang out at the camping board to build my confidence again ;)

Nah, don't be nervous -- it sounds like a lot of fun (for someone other than me) :). Just think of all the cool things you can do like the Campfire Sing-along and Movie at Fort Wilderness.

I am just a wimp when it comes to outdoorsy stuff -- laying by the pool is about as "back to nature" as I get.

Yeah Scott then we can all come stay with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lovestruc

:thumbsup2

When you initially book your package you have to put down a $200 deposit. Then, you can pay whatever amounts you want whenever you want up until the 45-day mark when it has to be paid in full. That's how I have always done it -- I work our WDW payment into our monthly budget just like another bill :thumbsup2 . As far as I know, you can do all of it online, but I always call so that the CM says, "Have a magical day!" and I get a little Disney magic :).

Thank you so much!

Nah, don't be nervous -- it sounds like a lot of fun (for someone other than me) :). Just think of all the cool things you can do like the Campfire Sing-along and Movie at Fort Wilderness.

I am just a wimp when it comes to outdoorsy stuff -- laying by the pool is about as "back to nature" as I get.

I DO think we'd have a great time. :)

:welcome: Thanks so much for coming over! Y'all are making me nervous about the whole camping idea!! I think I need to go hang out at the camping board to build my confidence again ;)

Yay!! Now both my Cherie's are here :) I've got to say girl - that jello thing looks hi-de-ous!! :scared:

I LOVE Chic-Fil-A! :) They have THE best nuggets. Enjoy your visit down here next weekend :)

Oh - and where is your PTR girl?
waiting.gif

Glad you made it hon! Help yourself to the jello ;)

I'm with you Dani! :scared: But, it was the thought that counts Cherie :flower3:

Yes, please eat it hon. (Even the thought shouldn't count this time)

Oh, hi Cherie..... :rolleyes1

[ Catfight Errupts]

carrisanboys watches intently popcorn::

That's her for ya.
Oops! Forgot to answer this!

There's so many possibilities that could come up, but it all depends on which positions have openings for when Chuck is due to rotate. Some possibilities for being stationed on a ship are Jacksonville, FL (which, even though it's close to Disney I wouldn't want to live year round - could not handle the humidity!), California, Washington State, Norfolk, VA, Mississippi.
What about the rare Ar-i-zon-a? ;)

Just had to come and do some celebratory dancing since I turned in my final paper and I am now finished with my last assignment for my Associates Degree!!!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :yay: :yay: :yay: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yay: :dancer::dancer::dancer:

You do know that you're suppose to read the above title while channeling Cookie Monster, right? Cause otherwise you just think Me Don't Know Good Grammar.

This installment is suppose to be about books. And it will be. But, first we have to take a slight detour.

Tonight I went to take some pictures of the books I'm going to show you in a bit, but I was having issues with my 1 GB memory card. I got out an older card that I had, which I never use as it's only 256 MB. I put it in the camera and checked to see if there was anything on it. As the first picture popped up on the display screen, a smile came over my face and I simultaneously began to feel joy and sadness.

The pictures were of a trip we had taken while living in Australia to a place in the outback called Palm Valley. We went with friends of ours (who also have three boys - they're Australian). You can only take four-wheel-drive vehicles out there and you actually drive OVER rocks! It was crazy.

I really want to share these pictures with you all because I have such fond memories of our time in Australia and it's a big part of me now. Plus, there's some really cute pictures of the boys. ;) Not all of these pictures are of our trip to Palm Valley - there's a few others to share as well. And I figure since there's pictures of palm trees, and Florida has palm trees it's not completely off topic, right? :rolleyes1

Are you ready?

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

Look how blue that sky is! I really miss the sky out there, especially at night.

IMG_1617.jpg

Here's some pictures of some wallabies. Wallabies are in the kangaroo family, but much smaller. There was a hotel near our house that you could go to and there was a "mountain" behind it and the wallabies would come down at dusk. You could buy food and hand feed them. It was VERY cool. The wallabies were still wild and quite shy, but they'd hold on to your fingers as they ate. And sometimes we'd see the joeys in their moms' pouches.

Sully feeding a wallaby:

IMG_1577.jpg

And I love this one of Connor. He wasn't feeding them, but I needed a picture of him at least NEXT to a wallaby.

IMG_1583.jpg

Another picture of me (eek! can you believe it?!) - this picture just brings back a lot of memories because Connor use to always play with my hair while sucking his thumb. This was taken at our house in Australia.

IMG_1630.jpg

This picture of Connor is just so stinkin' cute that I had to share it. I know I'm his mom and all, but come on! Does anyone NOT think he looks adorable in this picture? ;)

IMG_1590.jpg

And lastly, I will give a prize to the first person that can post and tell me what animal is painted on Owen's cheek:

IMG_1584.jpg

Now that I'm feeling all homesick for Australia :sad1: we can move on to the REAL installment.

Those that have read my other TR know that I have a problem with buying books. I get a high out of walking into a bookstore and browsing along until I find something that I must take home and add to my shelf. I have many, many books that I've purchased but haven't got around to reading. All of the books that I'm going to show here now are books that were purchased for the purpose of teaching me new things. I've actually read most of the first three. You also know from my other thread that I already own numerous Disney books. I'm not going to repost them here, but just know (those of you that are new) that I have most of the major planning guides.

Let's start with Camping books! I bought these while I was living in Australia and I'm sure they'll come in very handy as we prepare to camp, both locally and at Fort Wilderness.

This first one is my favorite. Lots of great info about camping with kids. You really can't go wrong listening to L.L. Bean about outdoors stuff.

IMG_3555.jpg

Another useful book:

IMG_3559.jpg

This last one I've just begun to crack open, but it also has some really great ideas for camping and hiking with children.

IMG_3558.jpg

The other three books that I have to share I purchased shortly after we returned from Disney in January (see, I was already planning my next trip that wasn't suppose to happen). I bought them before I made my committment to Total Frugality. My plan was to buy some books that would give me info on Disney Cruise Line as well as attractions outside of The World (gasp!). Pepere requested that next time we do Sea World and Universal, to which I have agreed with Sea World, but not Universal. More on that at a later time.

Two of the books I purchased are things to do in Orlando besides Disney World:

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

This last one was simply a splurge. I saw it, it was new, one that I'd never seen before and therefore had to have it. It has tons of great glossy, color photos and interesting tidbits (it should for the price :sad2: ).

IMG_3561.jpg

That concludes our photo journey for the night. Have a good one (and try to fall asleep even though it's not really as late as the clock is telling you it is).

Up Next...The Plan (that we all know will change a billion times in the next 20 months)

I didn't know UG had the book Beyond Disney. How do you like it? Think is worth it to buy now to use over the next 5 years or so? I'm planning only one or two days off disney property is coming trip.

I love Sea World. Have you been in awhile? We went Jan 07. Let me know if you need info. They have the worst website.

Your sons are so cute. Love the pics of boys feeding the wallaby. Too cute!

We share the same book obsession. I LOVE bookstores and can't resist. Barnes & Noble and Borders are visited at least once a week. And there's a small shop called The Corner Bookstore near work that has books that are harder to find. Like you, I love reading travel books and getting all sorts of ideas.

I meant to start working on my ptr, but then had some unexpected things pop up. I hope to start tomorrow after work. I'll bring my laptop to MD so as I'm eating Chick Fil A, I can compose an installment of my report. I need serious help :rotfl2:

So when is your first camping trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter