A question for any Owner Locker Owners

dlm1017

Mouseketeer
Hi there!

I am still considering using the Owner Lockers but am not quite convinced yet whether it would be worth the cost. I fly Southwest and they are not charging for baggage as of yet and I have a couple of questions.
1. I usually travel to Disney once a year but sometimes maybe twice. Do most of you who have OL travel only once a year or take multiple trips? ( I will be going 2 times this year)
2. I would like to keep coffee in there do you think it would stay fresh?? how about other food stuff like cereal?

Most times there are only 2 of us traveling I did make a sample list of things I would put in there and was surprised with how big the list was. We dont drink so do not need it for liquor and most of the time we stay in a studio so I would not pack any kitchen type items. Have any of you gotten OL and then decided it didnt work for you? It seems like a great service and I have been reading such good things about them I think I read also that you can you can do a trial membership with them has anyone done this and then canceled?
Just so unsure whether it makes sense for just 2 people???:confused: Any OL owners out there that are couples who can convince me???
Sorry so many questions I swear sometimes I can over think things even the simplest things I make myself nutty :blush:

Hi there!

I am still considering using the Owner Lockers but am not quite convinced yet whether it would be worth the cost. I fly Southwest and they are not charging for baggage as of yet and I have a couple of questions.
1. I usually travel to Disney once a year but sometimes maybe twice. Do most of you who have OL travel only once a year or take multiple trips? ( I will be going 2 times this year)
2. I would like to keep coffee in there do you think it would stay fresh?? how about other food stuff like cereal?

Most times there are only 2 of us traveling I did make a sample list of things I would put in there and was surprised with how big the list was. We dont drink so do not need it for liquor and most of the time we stay in a studio so I would not pack any kitchen type items. Have any of you gotten OL and then decided it didnt work for you? It seems like a great service and I have been reading such good things about them I think I read also that you can you can do a trial membership with them has anyone done this and then canceled?
Just so unsure whether it makes sense for just 2 people???:confused: Any OL owners out there that are couples who can convince me???
Sorry so many questions I swear sometimes I can over think things even the simplest things I make myself nutty :blush:

For me it isn't the cost of checked baggage, but the cost of my time and effort. I have so much less to pack now - the only things I need to remember are clothes (and not even as much of those as I used to need), SunPass toll transponder and TIW card. I don't have to remember to put all the Disney stuff away in one place, then drag it out and pack it for each trip. Plus our lockers have things that we'd NEVER bother packing but make our trips so much more comfortable.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but unless you can store coffee really airtight, then I would think it would get stale. We don't store coffee - but we do store a grinder, filters and a scoop. I wouldn't keep anything that would normally get stale after a few weeks anyway - we do keep some items like unopened cans of tomato sauce/paste for spaghetti, pancake syrup, salt/pepper/sugar packets, etc. Nothing perishable or terribly sensitive. We keep a small griddle for pancakes, all sorts of kitchen stuff, a Brita pitcher, spare clothes, swimsuits, PJs and underwear/tshirts, running gear, etc etc etc. (I just posted my very long list recently - if you search for posts with "Locker" and my name, you'll find it - and many others' lists!)

We go about 2x per year and I just ordered my 3rd Locker. I typically fly Southwest and even though they don't charge for baggage, I love not having to take as much!

At AKV with my girlfriends in March, one of them was marveling at the Lockers (2 at the time) and asked how much they cost. I told her I had no idea! And for a few minutes, that was really true - they're so invaluable to us, we never think about the cost. (of course with some thought I could tell her exactly how much)

I'm sure some people do cancel after the trial - but I can't imagine why. You'd be hard pressed to find a more convenient and well-managed service! The OL guys are the best!

We are in a similar situation to you. Most of our trips it is the 2 of us. We stay in studios and we fly Southwest. We are big coffee drinkers. We normally go once or twice a year. Although the Owner's locker has huge advantages for lots of folks, it wouldn't help us. We travel fairly light. We pack our coffee into zip lock bags and bring our coffee filters with us. We might pack a box of cereal in our suitcase.

There are just two of us and we have 2 OL's. I would never go back to not using our OL's. It saves me so much time having all the things we typically only use for WDW already there so I don't have to pack them.
Backpack, umbrella's, poncho's, hip pack, Disney T's, flip-flops, full size toiletries, insect repellent, first aid items, feather pillos, etc. are in one locker.
The other locker is our traveling office with a printer, keyboards, etc. so that we can work 1/2 days while we there, which enables us to stretch out stay to 3 weeks.
We will be taking a Keurig Mini with us next trip to leave in Locker#1.

I truly am the Queen of Frugal, and it took me a long time to decide and try it, but I will never go back.

DW & I love our OL! Just knowing we don't have to pack our "shaving kits", just a few clothes, is really great. Having all of our "Florida Stuff" already there also make us feel like we belong there and really does lighten the load (mentally) of packing up, remembering everything, etc.

We have only used it once. But it is working out great. I leave a backpack and belly bag in there along with a few kitchen items (mugs, ziplock bags, knife, corkscrew) and toiletries and first aid items. That way all I carry with me is clothes and medications. Even with just two people in a studio it is well worth it.

We mostly stay in Studios. I wish they'd had it when I was flying, rather than driving my roomy van. I can think of a ton of things that wouldn't have made 40 flights! Like Tiara, mouse ears, bug dope, sunscreen, water wallet, water shoes, coffee filters, brita pitcher, sharp knife, small cutting board, etc.

And a few new ones - a small crock pot, and real plates, glasses and flatware.

It's just DH and I and we visit the world 1 to 2 times per year. Used OL on our last 3 trips and have another coming up in Sept. DH wasn't convinced that we needed one but now he is a firm believer in them. We don't cook when we stay so we don't have any kitchen items except some snacks and breakfast bars but it's full with items I don't have to pack every trip now. It's great to have an extra pair of shoes, flip flops, a Brita water pitcher, hip sack, toiletries etc. We highly recommend it.

we are usually only 2 ppl in a studio, 2-3x a year, flying SWA......and i've been waffling also:confused3
i don't cook at home, so am not going to start on vaca - so no cooking gadgets. i don't bring our laptop - no work, all play for us:)
we don't have clothes we only wear at WDW
we always rent a car

the only things i can think of that we would use it for is my shampoo/conditioner (paul mitchell or matrix so not easily available), hair dryer, flat iron, mini white noise machine, some health/beauty.... :confused3

we buy coffee but use it all. we bring small pkgs of toothpaste and first aid supplies, coffee filters, dryer sheets, laundry deter samples, etc.....none of which take up a lot of room or weigh much, and which we use up while there.

i keep thinking it makes sense, but then wonder if the cost is worth storing just a few items....

For me it isn't the cost of checked baggage, but the cost of my time and effort. I have so much less to pack now - the only things I need to remember are clothes (and not even as much of those as I used to need), SunPass toll transponder and TIW card. I don't have to remember to put all the Disney stuff away in one place, then drag it out and pack it for each trip. Plus our lockers have things that we'd NEVER bother packing but make our trips so much more comfortable.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but unless you can store coffee really airtight, then I would think it would get stale. We don't store coffee - but we do store a grinder, filters and a scoop. I wouldn't keep anything that would normally get stale after a few weeks anyway - we do keep some items like unopened cans of tomato sauce/paste for spaghetti, pancake syrup, salt/pepper/sugar packets, etc. Nothing perishable or terribly sensitive. We keep a small griddle for pancakes, all sorts of kitchen stuff, a Brita pitcher, spare clothes, swimsuits, PJs and underwear/tshirts, running gear, etc etc etc. (I just posted my very long list recently - if you search for posts with "Locker" and my name, you'll find it - and many others' lists!)

We go about 2x per year and I just ordered my 3rd Locker. I typically fly Southwest and even though they don't charge for baggage, I love not having to take as much!

At AKV with my girlfriends in March, one of them was marveling at the Lockers (2 at the time) and asked how much they cost. I told her I had no idea! And for a few minutes, that was really true - they're so invaluable to us, we never think about the cost. (of course with some thought I could tell her exactly how much)

I'm sure some people do cancel after the trial - but I can't imagine why. You'd be hard pressed to find a more convenient and well-managed service! The OL guys are the best!
Do you still have just 3 or have you added more? Debating on if I should add a 4th but feel it may be too much!! LOL

We have the unlimited plan with two lockers as we go quite regularly. And we are big coffee drinkers so we leave a big tub of Folgers in there and even after many months I have never noticed a problem with the taste (not that I have the most discerning of palates). TBH it probably does not make sense from a monetary point of view; we just love the convenience of knowing that we have a bunch of our stuff like chargers, sunscreen, Listerine and so on waiting for us when we arrive, but packing an extra suitcase and doing some shopping when we got there would probably work out cheaper.

TBH it probably does not make sense from a monetary point of view; we just love the convenience of knowing that we have a bunch of our stuff
It's the same here. I have two lockers. One tub holds pool stuff, kitchen stuff, Keurig, toiletries, medicines, a backpack, etc., and the other tub holds shoes, flip-flops, and clothes. I could probably walk on the plane without luggage and easily stay for a week.

We go 1-2 times per year and love the OL. Doesn't save us money, it costs money for the convenience. Less to pack, etc.

Coffee would stay as fresh as it would at home or in any other climate controlled environment. They used to have a nice introductory deal for DVC members, not sure if it's still around.

We have OLs. We started with 1 and on our first trip had them deliver a second. We have since expanded into a third. That is where I am drawing the line…probably. We are very pleased with them. We haven’t had them long. We joined DVC in 22. We probably will settle down to fewer trips in the future but will be at 5 trips on our annual passes when they expire in June.

We are a family of four. We store an air mattress in one that takes up 2/3 of the locker. Our kids (14f, 12m) don’t like sharing a bed. So it makes everyone happier for the rooms that don’t have the extra pull down twin.

My wife and I store absolutely everything we need in them except our sneakers (don’t want to stink it up), prescription meds, phones, and wallets. We have a full wardrobe for the two of us. The kids were weird about leaving clothes down there, and they are still growing so we might need to go to a 4th if they decide to leave their clothes.

On any given day, I just need to grab those things and I could head to WDW for a weeklong trip. I wouldn’t even need a carry on.

Our thought was we bought DVC rather than trying to buy a vacation home. So we want it to have the comforts of home.

I highly recommend smaller containers for organization. We use cheap toiletry bags and the loungefly backpacks to organize things in the lockers.

What we store:
Full wardrobe for 2
Inflatable mattress & bedding
Extra Blanket
Lots of Loungefly backpacks (5 I think)
Minnie Ears (a lot… 12 maybe?)
Baseball cap
Laundry detergent
Laundry bags
Toiletries
Sunscreen
Cooling towels
Metal water botttles (4)
Sling backpacks (2)
Every possible charger we could need
First aid kit
OTC meds
Sandals for the pool (4)
Extra magic bands

I resisted for many years... but decided to try with my first post-pandemic visit. I stuffed it so full! Looking forward to packing less for my next trip in May.

We have had our OL since before this thread was originally started, I think.

We now have 2 and love them - we generally stay 1 or 2br’s twice a year for about a week at a time. Mostly me and DH, sometimes MiL but she doesn’t leave stuff in the locker.

We don’t really use them to cut down on our luggage or checked bag fees but to have things we like and convenience items. We keep 1.5L bottles of alcohol, a Nespresso with pods, pool bag, throw blankets (use compression bags for storage), bath robe (also use compression bags), slippers, extra magic bands, coffee mugs, personalized wine glasses, personalized drink glasses, mug for the pool, extra charging cables, pull over sweatshirts, ice bucket, laundry bins (dirty and clean), cutting boards, and left overs non perishable that won’t make a mess like water bottles.

We are tempted to get a 3rd locker but we have gotten pretty good at paring down what we don’t use.

Edited to add: I forgot to list laundry detergent pods and dishwasher detergent pods.

Last edited:
We have two OL and go to disney several times a year. Both of our lockers are full so we've been talking about adding a third. It has made things so much easier, especially with packing, as we had items that we only used at disney, and toting them back and forth was a waste of luggage space. We keep a PUR water pitcher (hate the taste of FL water), knives, storage bags, basic medications, laundry soap and other household items in one locker. The other locker holds blankets, Minnie ears, sun hats, and different backpacks/beachbags that we only use there. It's nice to have some personal items available to make the villas more homey, as well as less stress of remembering to pack our regular items. I also have insulated cups that I keep down there for EPCOT days, as well as refillable water bottles. To us it's worth the cost of knowing that it's less stuff for us to pack, while also being able to store non-perishable food that we may not have eaten during the stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter