A Quicky at the Wilderness Lodge 10/9/2021 Whispering Canyon Cafe and We Say Goodbye!

You were really lucky to get the complete set of McDonald's 50th Anniversary toys. There always seems to be a few that are really hard to get. My sister collected the Beany Babies when that promotion was going on. She gave them to my kids and we still have some of them in the original package. That was years ago. :)

And my guess is Arianne had a cucmber vodka drink!
Definitely a good guess! I had the Cucumber Mint Vojito about 8x this trip at Geyser Point lol, but when we went to Territory Lounge I actually got a raspberry mojito I believe? So it had mint but no cucumber that time :)
Thanks for showcasing my boobs here on the DIS! :rotfl2::cool1:

Geyser Point has the best seating arrangement for a group likes yours, and a great view, too. :)
That it odes, for sure.

How fun that you guys all got to meet!! Looks like a great afternoon!!!
It was so fun!

You were really lucky to get the complete set of McDonald's 50th Anniversary toys. There always seems to be a few that are really hard to get. My sister collected the Beany Babies when that promotion was going on. She gave them to my kids and we still have some of them in the original package. That was years ago. :)
I know, right!!!!
We have another vlog coming out this morning where we show them out of the packaging...

Drinking with friends new and old at GP sounds like the perfect way to spend some time 😊. Great photos
It was a good afternoon. I believe @pepperandchips joined us too...

Thanks for showcasing my boobs here on the DIS! :rotfl2::cool1:
VA VA VA VOOM!!!! 😁 😁 😁

OMG I have the same bathing suit! Love “LE”
She looked darn good in it too!!!

So do I! I have the paisley bottom as well but I like the top better with just the solid navy bottom.
And I swear it was supporting better before I had a few vojitos down there at Geyser Point :rotfl2:
So do I! I have the paisley bottom as well but I like the top better with just the solid navy bottom.
And I swear it was supporting better before I had a few vojitos down there at Geyser Point :rotfl2:

I got the paisley bottom and the water shirt too...suit looks great on you and a few vojitos makes it all more fun!😊

What can I say? Citricos was amazing the second time as well and it was so nice this time to enjoy the meal with friends. We even requested Rony as our server again and he made our meal even more special. I cannot wait to go back again next week!!! Honestly, this is one of the best restaurants currently open in WDW, with WBG and Bull and Bear sharing its company.

For drinks, Joe started with an 1806 Old Fashioned, Whistle Pig, Chef Made Orange Reduction, and Del Maguey Vida Mezcal. I had a vodka martini with Titos. Both were made perfectly.

For appetizers, I had the Wild Mushrooms Arancini, Truffle Aïoli, Watercress, and Champagne Vinaigrette (Plant-based) and Joe had the Strawberry Salad, Chamomile Infused Goat Cheese, Frisée Lettuce, Bacon Vinaigrette, and Spiced Sunflower Seeds. Both were fabulous. I loved the arancini but I think next time I'm going with the strawberry salad. Joe let me taste his and it was so refreshing and light.

For our entrees, Joe and I both ordered the filet. Both were cooked perfectly.

For dessert this time, we ordered the Apple Rose, served warm with seasonal apples, marzipan, raspberry jam, and frozen coconut milk. This was delicious but the Blackberry tartelette is still my favorite.

After dinner we went back to GP for a bit and then called it a night.

Next up, we have to pack up and head out...But not before breakfast...

Sorry, this is upside down.

What can I say? Citricos was amazing the second time as well and it was so nice this time to enjoy the meal with friends. We even requested Rony as our server again and he made our meal even more special. I cannot wait to go back again next week!!! Honestly, this is one of the best restaurants currently open in WDW, with WBG and Bull and Bear sharing its company.
Your dinner looks absolutely amazing! I am so sad that I cancelled our reservation in favour of California Grill. Citricos would have been SO much better! Definitely adding it to the list for March!

Your dinner looks absolutely amazing! I am so sad that I cancelled our reservation in favour of California Grill. Citricos would have been SO much better! Definitely adding it to the list for March!
Citricos has been solid!

We'll be there for dinner, next week, too - Wednesday night. I hope they have the strawberry salad because it looks delicious. :)
It was so good. I believe it's a permanent item.

Loving all your Citricos pictures and your outfit is perfection. We were blown away by how good it was. Completely different restaurant in all the right ways.

Better late than never, Jenny. :) All caught up and enjoying your many luscious looking meals! Excited to try Olivia's next week and grab my Wake Up Call at WBG and a cookie that will last all week. ;)

Loving all your Citricos pictures and your outfit is perfection. We were blown away by how good it was. Completely different restaurant in all the right ways.
Hi lovey! So happy you made it over there on your last trip!!! I think we are canceling our upcoming reservation...

Better late than never, Jenny. :) All caught up and enjoying your many luscious looking meals! Excited to try Olivia's next week and grab my Wake Up Call at WBG and a cookie that will last all week. ;)
Have a great trip Leisa!!! Joe loves the Wake Up Call.

Looks like a great meal (and company too of course) I hope to try this place next time I go now that my kids are older and maybe will appreciate it more lol

For drinks, Joe started with an 1806 Old Fashioned, Whistle Pig, Chef Made Orange Reduction, and Del Maguey Vida Mezcal. I had a vodka martini with Titos. Both were made perfectly.

For appetizers, I had the Wild Mushrooms Arancini, Truffle Aïoli, Watercress, and Champagne Vinaigrette (Plant-based) and Joe had the Strawberry Salad, Chamomile Infused Goat Cheese, Frisée Lettuce, Bacon Vinaigrette, and Spiced Sunflower Seeds. Both were fabulous. I loved the arancini but I think next time I'm going with the strawberry salad. Joe let me taste his and it was so refreshing and light.

For our entrees, Joe and I both ordered the filet. Both were cooked perfectly.

For dessert this time, we ordered the Apple Rose, served warm with seasonal apples, marzipan, raspberry jam, and frozen coconut milk. This was delicious but the Blackberry tartelette is still my favorite.

After dinner we went back to GP for a bit and then called it a night.

Next up, we have to pack up and head out...But not before breakfast...

View attachment 606430

View attachment 606432

View attachment 606433

View attachment 606434

View attachment 606435

View attachment 606437

View attachment 606438

Sorry, this is upside down.

View attachment 606439

View attachment 606440
Oh I miss y’all so much already! Can we go back in time and do this again please?!

I'm finally caught up. So much fun with great friends and lots of great food.

I know you're already back down there. Have a great time Celebrating the 50th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter