A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book

Hello! Does anyone one have a halloween Anna, Elsa, Gaston, and Aladin?

going to the halloween party this year and would like to make my daughter an autograph book! thanks!

I'm looking for a 8x8 autograph cover for my daughter Andie. I like the ones that have all the characters and the castle. I am making a book on Shutterfly. Thanks in advance !

There is a coupon out right now for free 8x8 20 page book. My book and up being 26 pages, but it gave me a credit of 29.99. So with shipping its only 13.99. :yay::cool1::cheer2:

Does anyone have a two-page spread for the current Hollywood and vine characters? I am making an 8x8 book and would like to get all four characters to sign on the two pages. Thanks!

O.k. I'm trying to make an autograph book for my friend's daughter Make A Wish Trip. The Dis FB board gave me the idea of using a back pack for the characters to sign but the little girl is 3 so I'd figure she would like an autograph book. I've run into a few challenges creating the book. I downloaded from photo shop picts of the characters and placed on a disk. Tonight when I took them to Wal Greens to get prints they refused to make copies. I stressed that it was only for my personal use etc. I am a bit confused with the process. Why are people buying the card stock and printing the pictures? If I can upload the picts online then what is the card stock for? I think what I'd like to do is print the picts on card stock. If I don't want to do on my scanner because of ink is there any suggestions of where I could get it done cheaply? Here are a few other questions.

Size is 8 by 8 best or 4 by 6?
Can someone make a cover that has Minnie her fave char and Kendall's MAW Trip?
I'm looking for Olaf picture. Does anyone have one?
Since this is her Make a Wish trip families have a chance to see characters at the village. Does anyone know what characters are at the village? I know there is Disney and Nickelodeon characters.
I'm looking for a page for Mayor Clayton and Maid Mary from the village.
Does anyone have pages for some Nickelodeon characters?
How many pages should I make the book? I have so many pictures. I'm not sure if the family will have a character meal since I've heard MAW doesn't schedule these for the families. I have been looking for an opening for a character meal for their dates(They will get there Oct 11)and nothing. I don't think my friend knows of any of this like needing to make reservations for character meals. I know no matter what they will have fun but I'm going crazy knowing all the info and not saying anything. I'm also preparing a bag for each of the kids since they have to drive. Does anyone have a suggestion for a 3 year old and 12 year old to add to their bags?? Thanks. :cheer2:

O.k. I'm trying to make an autograph book for my friend's daughter Make A Wish Trip. The Dis FB board gave me the idea of using a back pack for the characters to sign but the little girl is 3 so I'd figure she would like an autograph book. I've run into a few challenges creating the book. I downloaded from photo shop picts of the characters and placed on a disk. Tonight when I took them to Wal Greens to get prints they refused to make copies. I stressed that it was only for my personal use etc. I am a bit confused with the process. Why are people buying the card stock and printing the pictures? If I can upload the picts online then what is the card stock for? I think what I'd like to do is print the picts on card stock. If I don't want to do on my scanner because of ink is there any suggestions of where I could get it done cheaply? Here are a few other questions.

Size is 8 by 8 best or 4 by 6?

I can't answer most of your questions, but I know I used 4x6 because I wanted to be able to put them into a photo album, along with the pictures of my children with the characters who signed. If they want to put them into a scrapbook or photo book, then 8x8 would be good, or they could scrap the 4x6's on a page with other things.

You may run into that problem with photo printers. I was told by Walmart that they would let me do it "this one time," but I had to sign a copyright release form. I would not suggest having them done at Walgreens anyway, as they only print glossy in-store, and matte is better for autograph cards.

I'm not sure what kind of mileage you'll get from printing services, such as Snapfish or Shutterfly. I've just ordered some from Snapfish for my next trip, so we shall soon see whether they take issue with copyright and whether their mail-order prints are matte or glossy.

The cardstock is if you want to print them yourself at home on your printer, to avoid the copyright problems like you faced at Walgreens. We refill our ink cartridges, so colored ink is not so expensive, so often this is our best option. Again, it depends on how much control you want, what you like, what you have time for, and whether you can find a printing place that will print them on matte and without a hassle.

Hope this helps!

I've recently read that a lot of the characters will only sign one character per page-does anyone know if this is true? I am making an 8x8 book and wanted to have two characters sign on some of the pages, so if they can't do that then I need to rearrange things! (I think this is just for the costume characters like Mickey and Buzz, because they can't see as well, not the face characters like the princesses.) So, for character meals like Tusker House or Garden Grill do I need to have at least four pages? I've seen some great two-page spreads that I wanted to use but if all the characters can't sign it that will be a problem.
Also, does anyone know who the current characters are at Tusker? I read last week that Goofy isn't going to be there anymore.
thanks!!

Ok, so I am a member of this site and I never knew this existed!

We are leaving on Tuesday for our Disney Trip and I was planning on making my son's autograph books and just googled how to make covers and this page came up!

I know it is SOOOO last minute but if anyone could help make cover's for my two son's I would be so incredibly thankful. I am useless at this sort of stuff. Their names are Jaxson and Blake.

From just quickly reading, it said to bind them at the top, instead of the side, why is that?

Is 5X7 or 4X6 a better size? What should the covers be printed on? Should it be thicker than cardstock?

Thanks so much for any help!

-Stephanie

We are 30 days out from a surprise trip for my daughter. It will mostly be a daddy/daughter trip and I expect it to be a blast. We have another mommy/daddy/daughter trip 6 weeks later.

I want to surprise her with her own, non-store bught autgraph book. I can't tell you where the last 3-4 are. I am thinking of the 8x8 photobook from Shutterfly.

My question is...how many pages in total can be in one of those books without it being too bulky and having enough of the characters she wants to meet?

I saved a couple of the 8x8 images members have graciously provided. When I load them to a page at Shutterfly, it says the image quality is very low. Is that normal or am I getting the files incorrectly?

This is a great time of year to get good deals on photobooks through the print companies, if you're wanting to do that. They run a lot of specials, and you can score some good deals on Groupon and Living Social as well. Just in case someone wanted to make photobook autograph books and was waiting for good deals.

I got a bunch of free prints at Snapfish -- then I saw they did a flip book of prints so I was able to get 5x7's -- a book of 45 prints was about $28, but they had a coupon for 60% off of one item.

I have pages for almost 80 characters! I was having a hard time trying to narrow it down -- I included all the characters for the character meals we are doing, plus some favorites I am hoping to find at CharacterPalooza. And some blank pages.

Now I'm getting really nervous about copyright -- have folks done OK with SnapFish actually printing the pages and not giving anyone a hard time?

I got a bunch of free prints at Snapfish -- then I saw they did a flip book of prints so I was able to get 5x7's -- a book of 45 prints was about $28, but they had a coupon for 60% off of one item.

I have pages for almost 80 characters! I was having a hard time trying to narrow it down -- I included all the characters for the character meals we are doing, plus some favorites I am hoping to find at CharacterPalooza. And some blank pages.

Now I'm getting really nervous about copyright -- have folks done OK with SnapFish actually printing the pages and not giving anyone a hard time?

Not sure on Snapfish. I was able to get my monthly free prints from them, they were autograph cards with Disney characters that Walmart wouldn't print, so hopefully you won't have an issue. I am about to order a book from Shutterfly, and two from a company called Photobook America. So we shall see how those turn out. Good luck with yours! (I have been doing the Groupons and such for good deals on the books, plus some of the sales straight from the site because of the holidays)

OMG, I could kick myself. Somehow I left Cinderella out of my book.

That's like leaving Mickey out. And our first night we are going to 1900 PF.

::facepalm::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter