A Solo Trip: "The Heartbeat of Freedom!" July 2-9, 2018! *COMPLETED 10/14/18*

Reader Poll!

Hello everyone! I would like to let all of you know that my planning stages are now COMPLETE! When I say complete, there is one thing that I have left in all of your hands. That is where I am planning to eat on one of my afternoons at Walt Disney World.

One of my days, I will be eating lunch at Disney Springs. I currently have Polite Pig listed on the schedule as a tentative location. There is one problem with that. That is I live in one of the BBQ capitals of America which is Kansas City. I do
really like barbecue though!

So, I am needing some help on where I should eat at Disney Springs on one of my afternoons.

Here are your options:

A. Polite Pig (location on my current schedule)!
B. Cookes of Dublin (I really like fish so this location actually interests me a little)!
C. Wolfgang Puck Express!
D. D-Luxe Burger AGAIN (I am eating here already on this trip at a separate point, and it is my favorite place at Disney Springs)!

I have never eaten at location A, B, and C.

The choice is yours!

To vote...Post the location of your choice in the comments and the location with the most amount of votes on Sunday at 3 p.m. Central Time will be the winner!
I would vote for Polite Pig--you can give us all a really great review!

Enjoying your TR! I've never been on a solo trip, but probably will within the next year. I am upgrading to an AP when we go in October and plan to take at least two more trips within the next year. I haven't been since 2011, so I've got a lot to make up for!!

We love BBQ and haven't tried Polite Pig yet...so my vote is Polite Pig!
Thank you for your vote! :)

Enjoying your TR! I've never been on a solo trip, but probably will within the next year. I am upgrading to an AP when we go in October and plan to take at least two more trips within the next year. I haven't been since 2011, so I've got a lot to make up for!!
Thank you for joining in! I find solo trips to be a great way to experience Disney. It is definitely scary at first. Once you get used to it, it is really nice to do what you want and when you want without having anyone with you.

You have less than 24 hours to vote on a location I will eat at on this trip while at Disney Springs.

Here are your options:

B. Cookes of Dublin (I really like fish so this location actually interests me a little)!
D. D-Luxe Burger AGAIN (I am eating here already on this trip at a separate point, and it is my favorite place at Disney Springs)!

To vote...Post the location of your choice in the comments and the location with the most amount of votes on Sunday at 3 p.m. Central Time will be the winner!

Ok, I’ve got to go with B. Only because I’ve read the least number of reviews on that place as opposed to the other 3. Plus, like you said earlier, living where you do you have some of the best BBQ around.

Ok, I’ve got to go with B. Only because I’ve read the least number of reviews on that place as opposed to the other 3. Plus, like you said earlier, living where you do you have some of the best BBQ around.
AND I went to a location today that is rated one of the best barbecue places in the country. :D

Thank you for your vote! :)

You have 90 minutes to vote on a quick service location that I will eat at on one of my days at Disney Springs!

Here are your options:

Voting is now CLOSED!

The quick service location that has won...by ONE vote...is...

POLITE PIG!!!

2nd place was Cookes of Dublin!
3rd place was a tie between D-Luxe Burger (again) and Wolfgang Puck Express!

Since this vote was close, I will try to do both Cookes of Dublin at some point on this trip, but Polite Pig gets the automatic spot for this trip.

Thank you to everyone who voted!

Stay tuned for my LIVE UPDATES starting very soon!

Good morning from Orlando and from a Disney’s Magical Express bus!!!

This trip is off to a great start now that I am in Orlando!

I have been off my plane for about 8 minutes, and I got on a DME bus without waiting 1 second! The bus is also fairly full, and I was the last one to board.

3 minutes after boarding the bus, it was time to make our way to Walt Disney World!

So, I’m not on property yet. I have a little bit of a wait still until I get to my resort since Saratoga Springs is the 2nd resort stop!

I’m just happy to be back in Florida! :)

I’ll report back after I have lunch at one of my favorite food locations!

Missed out on the voting because I was out of town this weekend. I flew up to Pennsylvania for two days to go to my Great Aunt's 90th birthday party. I'm not sure which one I would have voted for. WPE is the only one I've tried on your list and the pizza there is amazing. But I would probably want to try a something new.

I'm happy that the first leg of your journey is going well.

Missed out on the voting because I was out of town this weekend. I flew up to Pennsylvania for two days to go to my Great Aunt's 90th birthday party. I'm not sure which one I would have voted for. WPE is the only one I've tried on your list and the pizza there is amazing. But I would probably want to try a something new.

I'm happy that the first leg of your journey is going well.
Wow! That’s exciting and a great thing to celebrate! :)

So am I! Hopefully this day will continue to go well since I’m only running on 4 hours of sleep. :D

Hello everyone and welcome to my afternoon update!

I got to my resort at about 9:45 a.m. I went in to see if they had a room available, but they did not. I was ok with this, but wish I was able to put some stuff away to make my backpack lighter.

I would end up taking the boat to Disney Springs which was a relaxing ride. I had to wait a few minutes since the boat service started at 10 a.m.

When I got to Disney Springs, it was DEAD! There was literally nobody around.

I would go to Guest Relations and activate my Annual Pass. Then I went to the World of Disney store that just reopened with their new design to take pictures and check it out. I thought the store looked nice. I did like the new design, but still don’t know how I feel about the changes. I probably need to go back to the store again to get a full opinion.

I would then eat an awesome lunch at D-Luxe Burger! That has really started to become one of my favorite places to eat on property.

While I was eating, I got a text that my room was ready. So, I would walk to Saratoga Springs to check out the room and unpack. My first impressions of my Deluxe Studio at Saratoga Springs is that it is big, a little on the older side, and it fits the theme very well!

I am now on the bus to my first park of the day which is Disney’s Animal Kingdom! My trek to all 4 Walt Disney World Theme Parks in one day is now beginning! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter