A Throwback Trip Report! - 7 Years Ago!

Day Two: Hollywood Studios

I do kind of remember the girls were hitting the wall BIG time.. And Andy and I weren't completey sure what to do next. And I remember we ended up just finding a place to sit and relax for a bit. And we ended up over by the entrance of Lights, Motor, Action area. There used to be a lot of seating and a few places to get drinks and snacks... I remember we just found a table and sat and tried to get the girls to rest a bit.

And this is where I discovered the Schoffenhaufer Beer! Andy was sitting with the girls. And I went up to get some drinks. And figured I would give it a try! YUM!!!

I think we sat and just tried to recharge a little. And eventually got up and did a few more things. And that was the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area....

IMG_2067

IMG_2067
I HATED this area! They were small enough that I really didn't want to loose track of them. And it was stress ful!!!! They loved it! I mean, what kid doesn't want to slide down a giant tongue?

IMG_2067

IMG_2067
We let them play in this area for awhile.

But eventually we pulled them out of there to explore a little more before our fast pass.

IMG_2013
We checked out the streets of america area. And man, the one thing I do remember was the park was busy that day but back there... there was NO ONE!!! To the point, Andy and I were like, what is going on?

IMG_2067

IMG_2067
We tried to gett the girls to pose like they were real New Yorkers, like my sister...

I think we saw Phineas and Ferb around here as well. But the girls weren't watching that yet... so, we passed.

But it was FINALLY time for Toy Story Mania!!!
IMG_2067
I have barely any pictures from this. But I DO remember that Gwen and I went together. And man alive, Gwen LOVED it!!! The whole ride, she just kept yelling "I'M DOING IT!, I"M DOING IT" over and over again. She was soooo excitied to be actually playing the game. It was soooo cute. I think she had a score. of 5 or something... but she was doing it!

We loved Toy Story Mania, but the wait for this was WAAAAAY to long to ride again. And I remember Morgan wanting to go on another ride. But literally the only other ride was Tower of Terror and Morgan did NOTT want to ride that.

IMG_2067
maybe we took turns on Star Tours. I am not really sure... I do know Gwen was not tall enough.

IMG_2013
We did get this picture... I want to say the girls refused to take a picture... oye

IMG_2067
And I think we watched the Jedi Traiing Show. Which the girls loved to watch but had zero intrest to actually do.

And that folks is where the photos STOP for the day! I assume we left the park after this, with no other rides for the girls to go on and no nap this day. I am sure it was time to get out of the park.

But I have no idea what we did for dinner or anything... So, there you have it!

I will say at this point in time, we were pretty disapointed in Hollywood Studios. There was not enough rides for the girls. And one day was MORE than enough for us.

Up next, back to Magic Kingdom!

I love this flashback report - so great. That Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground- my boys LOVED it back in the day. And they always ended up having accidents because they'd be having so much fun they wouldn't stop to actually go to a bathroom. Now one is going to college.....those were the days:)

IMG_2031
I feel like the girls had asked them something super cute. But for the life of me have no idea what it was...
This is just adorable :) I remember Jimmy as a 2 year old was really concerned about why Buzz doesn't have his helmet closed. He just kept pointing at him and saying, "Buzz. Hat. Buzz. Hat." :)

Love all the things that you mention that have changed in the last few years. We loved the Disney Junior stage show long ago, too!

She literally talked about Donald fishing a Boot ALL....... THE ....... TIME.....
I have a video of a trip reveal for the next trip, and Gwen says almost immediatly, that she can see Donald and the boot.
Awww this is so cute!

We just enjoyed the pure joy they had in that moment, dancing in one of there favorite princesses "kingdom" Dancing jsut like Rapunzel did. They loved it! It was silly. Nothing we could have planned. But yet, one of my very favorite moments from ALL of our trips.
What a special moment to remember forever! And I love that you have the tradition of the girls getting a picture here.

These wigs... also got lots and lots of attention the whole trip. Everyone asked where we got them. My mom crocheted them for the girls, and they used to wear them all the time!
The wigs are so amazing!!! Your mom did an incredible job with them!

Loving the time warp!!!!! I remember we went to BoG right after they opened too and you would have thought we won the lottery when we scored that reservation. I don't remember meeting the beast but I can so see why he would have terrified poor Gwen.

God how I hated that Disney Jr. show. We did it so many times I lost track as Casey loved all the characters and the narrator was named Casey so she somehow thought she was in the show 🤷‍♀️ Between sitting on the floor and gold doubloon everywhere (and Casey insisting we take them with us) I was over it before we even set foot inside.

I only have a memory of doing the honey I shrunk the kids play area once and thankfully we were with my brother. So we had him follow Casey around while Jason and I found adult beverages elsewhere in the park :D

Here are a couple of throwback photos I have of Casey. I could never remember what we did on any day but I know we had a great time.

DSC01323.jpg

This is just adorable :) I remember Jimmy as a 2 year old was really concerned about why Buzz doesn't have his helmet closed. He just kept pointing at him and saying, "Buzz. Hat. Buzz. Hat." :)
I mean that is a real concern! I forgot that Morgan didn't understand why they were so big. She kept saying they should have been toy sized...

The wigs are so amazing!!! Your mom did an incredible job with them!
Thanks. The girls used them a lot... back in the day.

I remember we went to BoG right after they opened too and you would have thought we won the lottery when we scored that reservation
Right! I am not even sure how I got it.

I love that she is double fisting, bacon and waffles!

And I LOVE this!!!! So cute!!!!

Day 4: Magic Kingdom

Looking at the pictures for today, Magic Kingdom was really where most of the memories came from this trip. Not all, but today was another good day!

Another VERY random thing that I remember about this day. Was that we had a very specific goal this morning. And we had gotten to the park for rope drop or maybe it was Extra Magic Hours. But we were there and at rope drop of Adventureland to meet the fairies. But when we were all let in, we found out that the fairies didn't meet for another hour.

So, It looks like we started today off on the Happiest Cruise.
IMG_2115

I am not sure how this was the first time we were riding it? It is the first pictures of us on it... So... who knows.

IMG_2115
When we came into this room Gwen screamed Agrabah! and there was no convincing of her otherwise.

IMG_2115
The girls loved the "dolly ride" as Gwen called it.

IMG_2115

It looks like we still had time to kill, so we went on the tea cup! I mean nothing but the headliners for us!
IMG_1555
But I mean how can you say no to that face.

IMG_1555

IMG_1555

IMG_1555

IMG_1555
I am pretty sure we let them turn the wheel, so we didn't spin too too much. But they clearly loved it.

After our spin cycle, we headed to get in line to meet the fairies.

IMG_0250
I feel like I purposefully made us cut through the castle so I could see the mural.

IMG_0250

At this time, you could meet Tinkerbell and 1 of the other fairies in Adventureland. (Where Skipper Canteen is now). So, we didn' t know which "other" fairy it would be. But the girls were big fans of the Fairy movies at the time.

IMG_0258
There was some extra large items to make you feel like you have "shrunk" But not too much.

IMG_0258
But that didn't stop Morgan from being SUPER excited about meeting some fairies.

IMG_2142
We were next in line and the girls started getting nervous and getting all fidgety.

IMG_0258
First up was Vidia! If you don't know Vidia was kind of a wild card. In the first movie she is kind of an outcast and not really friends with the rest of the fairies. But things turn around for her... eventually.

IMG_2142
She was AMAZING!!!! She had a million questions for the girls and Morgan.... well.... she didn't know what to think or say.

IMG_2142
Morgan was completely tongue tied..

And Gwen...
IMG_2142
No idea what to say.

IMG_2142

IMG_2142
She was great! And the girls loved it, even if they didn't know what to respond to her with.

IMG_0268
Some of the props in between the 2 fairy meet areas.

IMG_0268
I loved all of it.

Vidia took so long with the girls that Tinkerbell had to just wait for them.
IMG_0268
So, she checked out the girls books while she waited.

IMG_2156
Gwen was excited.

IMG_2156
Tinkerbell was great with them as well. They all sat down and had a little conversation.

IMG_0268
not sure WHAT they were talking about. But clearly they were talking about something.

IMG_2156
And then Tink asked Morgan a questions... again she did not know how to respond...

IMG_2156
Look at Morgan's face!!! Poor thing.... we said it looks like she realized she just blew it and didn't give the REAL tinker bell an answer... kind of like when you think you blew Christmas by being bad or something..

IMG_2156
Thankfull it was short lived worry. And the girls got some love from Tink.

IMG_2156

IMG_2156
And Gwen trying too pose like Tink. She must've told them to pose that way? Maybe?

Day 4: Magic Kingdom

After we had a successful meet with the fairies. The girls asked to take off the costumes. They def perferred to be comfortable around the park. The Fairies were great, and had so much fun with the girls.

We headed to find another ride to go on, and apparently we decided on Dumbo.

IMG_0257
We saw these ladies along the way.

IMG_2186
And these guys. Pretty sure we stopped and watched them.

IMG_2186
I remember just loving the extra stuff like this.

IMG_2186
We finally made it back to Dumbo.

At this point in time, you got a pager and then went into the play area and then came out when your pages was given. But I don't even know if we needed the pager. I think they just told us to come back when we were ready.

The girls LOVED playing in here... I liked that I wasn't worried about where they were and it was airconditioned BUT trying to get them out of there was a bit of an event!

IMG_2186
We had a fun ride on Dumbo.

IMG_2186
And then after tried to get a picture of the girls in the photo op on in-between the 2 rides... Somebody was getting tired already!

IMG_2186
This is how they ended up posing for us... Sigh...

IMG_2186
Apparently Gwen started it!

I think we decided that we needed to take a break after this. So, we headed to Gaston's.

We were able to get a table with no problem and ordered some food. I do remember that counter service was a little stressful with the girls this age. Trying to juggle all of the food, the girls and finding a table was a lot.

IMG_2211
Looks like we got a cinnamon roll to share and 2 of the LaFrou Brews. We still have those cups! I literally took one out of the dishwasher today!!!!

We always said, it looked like these 2 were at a bar!

IMG_2211

IMG_2211
Maybe it was a bar...

IMG_2211
They were def hitting the wall at this point. And I think we tried to take our time and relax and recharge a little. They were def getting punchy as well.

IMG_2211
Morgan still liked taking pictures with Andy apparently!

IMG_2211
But somebody was def hitting the wall!

Somehow we mustered more energy and headed out to check out Swiss Family Tree House
IMG_2223

IMG_2223
I want to say that the girls had seen the movie and loved seeing all of the stuff in the tree house. BUT that could also had been after the 2nd trip... Let's go it, it was this time...

And we somehow had the energy to go check out Tom Sawyer Island!
IMG_2223

IMG_2223
The girls loved the island!!! I think for little kids, having a little extra freedom to run around and discover things is great.

IMG_2223

IMG_2223
We really took our time and let the girls lead the way and explore all of the areas.

IMG_2223

After Tom Sawyer's Island, we went and tried to meet Jessie. Her and Woody used to meet in Frontierland at the exit of Splash Mountain.

This took forever!!!!! And it was HOT!!! But the girls DEF wanted meet Jessie. So, we waited.

IMG_2241
Somebody was super excited about meeting Jessie.

IMG_2241
Pretty sure I was explaining to Woody that we already met him the other day. So we didn't NEED his autograph...

IMG_2241

IMG_2241
Poor Woody, he was totally ignored by the girls. It was all Jessie.

IMG_0285
Woody tried too talk to Gwen, but if you can see Gwen's eyes in the corner, she is TOTALLY giving him the "Whatever Woody, I am just here for Jessie" Look.

IMG_2241
It was so hot waiting but it was def worth it!

And after that, it was time to head out! As we were leaving the 3:00 parade was going on. So, we tucked ourselves in a nook on Main Street and watched yet again from afar.

IMG_2264
It actually wasn't that bad of a view.

IMG_2264
And the girls didn't mind at all.

IMG_2264

We headed out after that. And that folks is again where my photos STOP! No idea what we did that evening. I do think we had dinner at Kona one night. So, maybe this night...

But again, it was a great day!

It seems like it was a truly magical first trip!
Love the looks on he girls faces... so many wonderful pictures! 🥰
No wonder they got you hooked!!

When we came into this room Gwen screamed Agrabah! and there was no convincing of her otherwise.
How cute! :lovestruc

It looks like we still had time to kill, so we went on the tea cup! I mean nothing but the headliners for us!
:rotfl:

I remember just loving the extra stuff like this.
I know it! That's what makes Disney sooo special :wizard:

The girls LOVED playing in here... I liked that I wasn't worried about where they were and it was airconditioned BUT trying to get them out of there was a bit of an event!
I remember taking my niece and nephew a couple years ago and we had the same experience :laughing:

What another wonderful day! And yes, the girls totally looked like they were at a bar with their Lefou's Brews! :laughing: I still haven't been to Tom Sawyer's Island after all these years... though maybe I've been as a kid? Who knows! But I really do want to check it out someday :thumbsup2 I'm so enjoying this throwback trip! And how neat to relive the memories for you. I bet you can hardly remember what it was like to be a Disney rookie!

I do remember I bought milk, cereal and paper bowls this trip to eat cereal in the AM. (It was the first and last time I did that) It def helped but I don't think we ate all of it.
The first trip I brought so many snacks...and even with a hurricane we didn't eat them at all!
And that was the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area....

IMG_2067
I loved that movie so wish I could have played on this!
I HATED this area! They were small enough that I really didn't want to loose track of them. And it was stress ful!!!! They loved it! I mean, what kid doesn't want to slide down a giant tongue?
Or adult...
IMG_2067
We let them play in this area for awhile.
It's bad I see this and immediately think - where's the hand sanitizer?!?
IMG_0268
So, she checked out the girls books while she waited.
Might as well occupy yourself somehow!
IMG_2211
Maybe it was a bar...
Lol!

Joining in! I love a good throwback report, especially during the last major gap period I had in between trips. Gosh, it's so weird to think there was a time that the rest of New Fantasyland was opened but Seven Dwarfs wasn't or that PFH wasn't or heck even FoF wasn't there. Also, seeing old pre-Batuuan Hollywood Studios has me all kinds of nostalgic.

Also, THE FAIRIES IN ADVENTURELAND?! I would die today if that existed, probably would live there. To think I'm more into the Tinker Bell movies now than back then (granted I'm 24 now and don't care what people think of my taste in films whereas teenager me cared too much and had a mad Disney elitist complex that had no interest in nice Tink lol)

I loved when you could meet Tink and a fairy friend! Such cute pics!

Love the pics at Gastons- it really does look like the girls were sharing a drink at the bar!

Sounds like another great day!

Joining in!
Welcome!!!!

Also, THE FAIRIES IN ADVENTURELAND?! I would die today i
I think originally, there was going to be a whole Fairy portion of Fantasyland. I would have loved that. But then they decided it was too much "girl" stuff.

I loved when you could meet Tink and a fairy friend! Such cute pics!
We loved it! Obviously... I wish we did it more than once to meet a different fairy. But Vidia was great.

Well, that's it. I'll never look at that room again without thinking of this!!! :) So sweet!

What an absolutely perfect MK day!
It was another great day!

IMG_2156
Thankfull it was short lived worry. And the girls got some love from Tink.
Oh they look so happy. I don't even remember tink having a meet and greet where Skippers now is. Looks like they certainly got lots of quality time with the fairies.

Oh we always had the same trouble with Casey. Wile I enjoyed the air conditioning that kid could have stayed in there all day if that was an option. She was NEVER happy when it was time to leave. I remember we used to pretend the pager went off so it was Dumbo's fault and not ours

We always said, it looked like these 2 were at a bar!

IMG_2
:rotfl: Girls after my own heart

I'm really enjoying your Throw-Back report. So many sweet memories. Looking back I think the first trip for every kid was the best. So many things have changes over the years and each trip is so different depending on the ages of the kids.

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing ok. We actually had a busy day yesterday! Hair cuts for me and the girls in the morning. And a backyard BBQ with some friends in the afternoon. It felt amazingly like a normal day!

I am going to try and finish up this throwback trip report today! And jump back to our August trip!

Day Five: EPCOT

Today we had EPCOT planned for the day. And I don't think we were planning on spending the whole day there. We decided to spend the morning relaxing and using the pool!

IMG_0298

IMG_0304
I def think we enjoyed our time at the pool. I am pretty sure that we ate lunch poolside. And then headed back to the room to have the girls nap before heading to EPCOT.

I probably started packing us up a bit. But I remember the girls didn't want to actually nap. And we finally decided to just head out. We all got ready to go, loaded the girls into the stroller and headed out. And then we promptly turned around and went back to the room. The girls were miserable and tired!

We said we couldn't leave the room without them napping.
IMG_0307

Which they finally did.

IMG_0306

They were just exhausted! But after a nap, we FINALLY headed out.

We headed to EPCOT and wandered around. We headed to the Finding Nemo Ride first.

IMG_2284

IMG_2285

IMG_0311

IMG_0312

The girls loved everything out front. And the ride. I think we explored the aquarium area a bit. And found the play area.

IMG_2295

We moved on after exploring the area. And headed into the world showcase.

IMG_2301
We made the girls take a picture in the England phone booth, even though they had no idea what it was...

IMG_2302
And explored the gardens in England.

Then moved on to France!
IMG_2305
By this photo apparently we also bought some plush in the Nemo area.

IMG_1519
And stopped for a crepe. Which Morgan LOVED!

IMG_2312
We really kind of walked around the world showcase, and kind of explored the areas. But the girls were just soooo tired today. (See poor little Gwen mooping by the garbage can)

IMG_2320
We hit Germany...

And "Africa"
IMG_2322

IMG_2327

IMG_2326

IMG_0321
The girls enjoyed playing the drums here, of course.

And we caught some of the acrobats in China.
IMG_2330

But enough of the excitiment! We had dinner reservations for the night.

Up next more Princesses...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter