~ A Year at WDW ~ Tinkerbelle_325's Trips of 2006 w/ LOTS OF PICS *UPDATED 03/15*

Trip Two: August 25th - Sept 3rd 2006: The One with Winnie Part 4

Thanks so much for reading my report. Its a bit unconventional, but I'm thrilled that you are all enjoying it. In this installment we will have more dining reviews and some spectromagic pictures :goodvibes

First up...

~Alfredo's~

Now I can NEVER understand why this place gets back reviews here on the DISboards. My family and I adore it and went every single trip this year. This time was of particular significance. My best friend Winnie is Italian and had never eaten at the Italian pavillion! :scared1:

My tips to a great experience at alfredos are the following.
1. Go on a Friday Night
2. Ask to be seated in the main room.
3. Be prepared to wait up to 30 minutes for your table.

If you follow those three tips you will have a fabulous time!

We started with the antipasto platter. It was easily enough to serve all four of us and features 4 meats, 5 cheeses, olives, artichokes, and bread.
ed231936.jpg

Because Winnie & I were on DDP and my parents were paying OOP they ordered the antipasto and then Winnie & I each ordered our appetizers. We would end up having seperate bills (and a story to go along with it :headache: )

Winnie got the calamari
ed2317e2.jpg

I got the appetizer portion of alfredo :goodvibes
ed23171a.jpg

Winnie, DMom and I all got the Trio of Pastas. Looking clockwise starting from the top of the plate it was Lasagna, Ziti with Plum Tomato Sauce and Truffle Stuffed tortelini.
ed2315ea.jpg

DDad got the Bistecca di Manzo Alla Pizzaiola, which was a steak with a tomato topping that he LOVED
ed2314e3.jpg

For dessert, Winnie got the Cannoli
ed2313cc.jpg

DMom and DDad split the Vanilla Gelato with fruit salad
ed21809d.jpg

I had the chocolate mousse (yummy!)
ed217f83.jpg

This meal was one of the best of our trip. I am so sad to see that Alfredo's will be closing on August 31st 2007, but luckily I will get to go 1 more time! I managed to get an ADR for Aug 29th.

This meal comes with yet another story. It was one of our last meals of the week and I had been signing Winnie & my bill each night. However, being that this was her first dinner at Alfredo's she wanted to sign. No problem. Our bill came, she signed and we thought there was no issue.

I had carefully planned every TS credit we had. We were going to the Crystal Palace the next day for breakfast and then Chefs de France for dinner. We should have had 4 TS credits left. However, at the end of our meal at chefs de France we were informed that we had no credits left! :eek: WHAT?? How did that happen?? Luckily, there was a huge mess up at that meal (which I will get into later lol) and our meal was comped by the General Manager. So what happened? Our Alfredo's served charged us 4 TS credits instead of 2 :headache: Winnie had not checked the bill before she signed....:sad2: Ah well, it all worked out in the end.

That's all for now, but I'll be sure to update some more tonight :thumbsup2

Quick Update!

Ok, let's see how much I can update while in the world's most boring lecture :lmao: Plus I have Belle pestering me to update because she has nothing to read :rotfl:

Ok, So i've covered almost everything that I wanted to cover in my Aug 2006 Trip, but I do have a few last Dining Reviews (can you tell that my trips center about food? :rolleyes1)

We'll start off with Wolfgang Puck Express, because in my opinion it is the best kept secret at WDW. I'm taking about the WP Express located in the Marketplace, near the Disney Days of Christmas store.

ed36c1e0.jpg

I had the yummy 4 cheese macaroni. Every time I come here I say I'll get something else, but this is so addictive that I always end up getting it. I grudgingly shared this with Winnie when she said that she couldn't decide between it or the 4 cheese pizza.

ed36c13f.jpg

DMom had the Roasted Veggie and Goat Cheese Sandwich which she loved. It also had a pesto on it, she practically inhalled this.

ed36c079.jpg

DDad had the smoked turkey club, which he said was ok, but he would go for something else next time.

ed36bfdf.jpg

We all shared a large order of the herbed fries, these are the best fries in the world!!

ed36bf36.jpg

Winnie had the 4 cheese pizza, without the tomatoes. But when she was disappointed in it I ended up sharing my mac & cheese with her :headache:

I went to Wolfgang Puck Express (after many recommendations from my friend Tink;) ) and I absolutely loved it. I would rate it the best counter service on Disney property.

I am also really impressed that you were able to update your TR in under 10 minutes while in our boring lecture. You truly are a DIS pro. :thumbsup2

I am also really impressed that you were able to update your TR in under 10 minutes while in our boring lecture. You truly are a DIS pro. :thumbsup2

Hehe I’m impressed too!! It pretty easy in that class though, I tend to feel like im in an episode of Charlie Brown & The Peanuts….the adults that sound like “wah wah wah”

Ok, here I am nagging again. I want an update. Im in class bored out of my mind. ;)

LOL you’re looking a little pushy there hun. But I’ll update in time for your next class ;)

Great TR! Your photos are making me hungry! :)

Thanks! I feel the same way when I write them and think about all the delicious Disney food.

Trip Three: The One with the Food & Wine Festival Part 1

Wow, I'm onto trip three already!

My parents and I have wanted to attend the Food & Wine Festival for years and this was our first opportunity. We decided that the Beach Club was the perfect location (because we could walk back to the resort after a few too many wine tastings :angel: hehe)

So, in honour of this first installment I give you...

~Food Booth Pictures~

ec565e0e.jpg

Canada!

ec565e71.jpg

Cheese Soup & Salmon

ec565d30.jpg

Poland

ec565d88.jpg

Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies with sour cream and Okocim Beer

ec565cc6.jpg

WILD & WONDERFUL FLORIDA SHRIMP: Sauteed Shrimp with Ginger and Lime and Evian

ec468ace.jpg

MEXICO

ec468984.jpg

MEXICO: Quesadilla con Chorizo y Pollo

ec565bc4.jpg

AUSTRALIA: Shrimp on the Barbie, Grilled Lamb Chop with Caramelized Onion

ec5332be.jpg

IRELAND

ec533240.jpg

IRELAND: Irish Cream Trifle (omg sooooooo good!)

ec468429.jpg

FRANCE: Champagne, Grand Marnier Slush & Chocolate Creme Brule

ec428ba3.jpg

GERMANY

ec428b40.jpg

GERMANY: Two Princes Riesling & ITALY: Chocolate filled Zeppole

ec428798.jpg

SCANDINAVIA: Sweedish Meatball

That's all for now! :)

Trip Three: The One with the Food & Wine Festival Part 2

Quick Update

~Party for the Senses - October 28th 2006~

I just have to say that this was easily the most incredible event i've ever attended at WDW. What made it even more special for our family was that it was my mom's b-day the night of the event. For anyone that attends the F & W Festival I recommend that you attend this party. For those that are unfamiliar with the Party, the basic premise is that you attend a 3 hour party where you wander sampling small plates of food and numerous wines that are arranged by coloured section. The sections are as follows

ec50310b.jpg

Entrance

ec5029eb.jpg

Where Green is Grand

ec50296e.jpg

Where Blue is Beautiful

ec502919.jpg

Where Purple is Passion

ec5028cb.jpg

Where Yellow is Mellow

ec502860.jpg

Where Red is Ravishing

and

Where Pink is Pizazz

ec5027cd.jpg

This was a beef tenderloin with a truffle butter on a warm salad

ec502770.jpg

LEFT: Red Wine Braised Beef with Celery Root Puree and Crispy Onions
RIGHT: Panko Breaded Chicken stuffed with sundried tomato and a three cheese potato gratin

ec5026e0.jpg

Duck Breast with Serano Ham and Mashed potato

ec502668.jpg

"Tower of Terror" Ice Box Cake...Chocolate Cake with a chocolate mousse and a butter cream icing

ec5025f2.jpg

Chocolate Chip Cakes, Grand Marnier Syrup, Marzipan & Raspberry Coulis
**These were to die for, we wanted to take the entire tray!**

ec502472.jpg

Plated version of the above

ec5024f5.jpg

Olive Oil pound cake

ec5023f0.jpg

White Chocolate Cheesecake with Orange Honey sauce

ec502376.jpg

BBQ Beef with Spaetzl (sp?)

ec46c3b4.jpg

Cat Cora's autograph

ec46c2d6.jpg

Party guide

I need to find my party guide to confirm what the items are that I have pictures of. I am going purely off memory. They were all delicious!

Those dishes look delicious especially the white choc cheesecake, maybe one day we'll go at that time of year, there again I also want to do Christmas and Halloween and I know DH would like the star wars weekends too :rotfl2:

Oh my goodness. Your report (and the pictures) are making me very hungery. I loved the ones from LTT, and Alfredo's (I too am sad they are closing). And I loved the Food and Wine festival myself. Can't wait for more.

Trip Three: The One with the Food & Wine Festival Part 3

:scared1: Two Updates in 1 day!! (I know you're loving this Belle :woohoo: )

Ok, so its time for more food & wine festival pictures.

~Sushi, Sake & Sashimi Food & Wine Pairing~

We arrived at Matsunoma Lounge about 15 minutes prior to the start time of our event. We were called in and seated at a table for four, our family of 3 and a lovely woman who was attending the tasting on her own. She was very easy to talk to throughout the tasting :)

Here is the view from our table
ec428e88.jpg

The Table setting
ec428e34.jpg

First Course: Tuna Tataki - we all loved this course. The tuna was ever so slightly seared, served chilled. The texture was smooth and buttery.
ec428dc9.jpg

One of the three sakes we tasted, it was my favorite of the three, but still not exactly my cup of tea
ec428d59.jpg

Second Course: From left to right, yam nigiri, beef tenderloin nigiri, asparagus nigiri. This was the most disappointing course. The chef decided to take a modern approach to nigiri. The yam had a very slimey texture to it, so much so that they ground it into a slimey paste and mixed it with soy sauce. They brought it around from table to table to try (I felt like I was on fear factor LOL :scared1: ) DDad was the only one who tried it at our table. The beef tenderloin was good, as was the asparagus, they just weren't what we were expecting.
ec428cc8.jpg

Third Course: From left to right: Spicy Tuna Maki, California Maki, Pineapple Maki. This was easily my favorite course. I fell in love with the spicy tuna roll. The california roll was easily the best I've ever had and the pineapple maki was surprisingly good.
ec428c64.jpg

After the tasting I noticed that Miyuki's show was about 20 minutes away. I lined up in hopes of finally recieving one of her beautiful candy creations.
ec428bf5.jpg

Lo and behold....I did! I requested a purple hummingbird, she said she loved that choice because purple is her favorite colour :goodvibes
ec428ad3.jpg

~Sweet Sundays~

Our sweet sunday session started out with an amazing brunch. There were two types of fritatas, garden salad, bacon, sausage, biscuits and breakfast potatoes
ec428858.jpg

The bottomless glass of Asti Spumonti!
ec428814.jpg

The selection of desserts: Clockwise from the top: In the small bowl were two scoops of banana ice cream made with mexican brown sugar and the worlds most incredible cookies - Chocolate Cloud Cookies, a smores tartlet, the most intensely rich brownie imaginable, a homemade marshmallow and raspberry coulis.
ec4287d5.jpg

~Liberty Tree Tavern~

We have discovered that lunch at the Liverty Tree Tavern is one of the best hidden gems of the Magic Kingdom.
I started with the Tavern Fried Cheese. The ones on the left were cheddar and on the right were mozzarella.
ec533d9d.jpg

DDad started with the crab cake which he loved
ec533d22.jpg

DMom started with the beef vegetable soup, she nearly licked the bowl clean
ec533cc2.jpg

DDad and I each had the Pilgrim's Feast
ec533bf8.jpg

DMom had Salmon on Pumpkin Bread
ec533c69.jpg

And for dessert, The Dole Whip! hehe
ec533b9b.jpg

Ok, that really is it for today :rotfl:

Trip Three: The One with the Food & Wine Festival Part 4

Because I am stranded in the world's most boring lecture I'm going tp update my trip report

~Random Pics from Around WDW~

The new skins on the monorails look pretty cool in my opinion
ec543c08.jpg

The entrance plaque at the Magic Kingdom
ec543bc2.jpg

Year of a Million Dreams sign
ec543b8b.jpg

Adventureland Bridge
ec543ab6.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean Sign
ec5439e4.jpg

Splash Mountain
ec54393c.jpg

Woofy's Round Up
ec5438c4.jpg

ec54387b.jpg

ec54382b.jpg

The Haunted Mansion
ec5437d2.jpg

ec543761.jpg

ec5436eb.jpg

The Liberty Tree
ec533f75.jpg

Main Street Family Fun Day Parade
ec533b5a.jpg

ec533ad2.jpg

ec5339c5.jpg

Beach Club Villas
ec5338b7.jpg

Beach Club
ec533834.jpg

ec5337bd.jpg

The Lobby
ec53370b.jpg

ec5336b4.jpg

ec533646.jpg

The Grounds
ec5335c5.jpg

ec533511.jpg

Ok, thats all for now, i guess i should actually pay a bit of attention in this class :laughing:

Great updates...you make me very hungry with those pictures! Did you enjoy the sushi tasting? Were there only 3 course of sushi?

Trip Three: The One with the Food & Wine Festival Part 5

~More Pictures from around the world~

ec469d74.jpg

France

ec469b2b.jpg

Canada

ec4698d6.jpg

Canadian Gardens

ec4696c1.jpg

Canadian Gardens

ec46942c.jpg

Le Cellier Sign

ec469154.jpg

The Land Sign

ec468fd0.jpg

Mission Space

ec468ef6.jpg

Mission Space Sign

ec4688e7.jpg

What's a trip around World Showcase without a Margarita? ;)

ec46884a.jpg

Spaceship Earth

ec468782.jpg

ec46833e.jpg

Tower of Terror Sign

ec428f94.jpg

Tower of Terror

ec468228.jpg

Rock n' Roller Coaster

ec468166.jpg

Sunset Blvd

ec428a89.jpg

Tori Gate at Sunset with Spaceship Earth in the background

ec3cc1f6.jpg

Davy Jones Pumpkin carved by the Staff of the Polynesian

ec3cc126.jpg

Cinderella Coach Pumpkin carved by the Staff of the Polynesian

~Liberty Tree Tavern~

We have discovered that lunch at the Liverty Tree Tavern is one of the best hidden gems of the Magic Kingdom.
I started with the Tavern Fried Cheese. The ones on the left were cheddar and on the right were mozzarella.

I totally agree about LTT. I love, love, their crab cake and the salmon on the pumpkin bread is awesome!!! I actually like this lunch better than Le Crellier!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter