• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABC 8x8 - POSTAL!!!!!!!!!!

123SA

DIS Veteran
Disney ABC Completed Pages Swap

Hosted by 123SA and AlexWyattMommy

Due Date: Thursday August 14

Link to sign up thread: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1807303
Post Prototypes here. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1814220

Requirements:
Pick 2 letters and make
13 sets of 2 8x8 completed pages to include:
2 photomats
1 journaling space
1 title, topper or matted letters
Embellishments
Please sign the back of all the pages with your DISname and real name

REQUIRMENTS DEFINED
Title/topper/matted letters: one per layout, the size, location and orientation is up to you. The title can be spread over both pages. If you are doing individual letters, they must be matted.
In lieu of A is for… as part of the title, we will be highlighting the letter in some way. Glitter, different or larger font, some embellishment, pop-dots, different mat

Photomats: one per page, must fit a 4x6 photo without cropping, smallest layer usually 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 (if you want to do 4 1/8 x 6 1/8 please check it with a photo to make sure the photo will not need to be trimmed). The mat must be embellished -- inked, brads, eyelets, ribbon or fiber, matted stickers, paper-piecing are some examples. Embossed, flocked or glittered paper will also count as an embellishment. Please note: the photo must be able to slip under any embellishment.
Double-matted: I think most of us prefer photo mats this way. For this swap, because of size restrictions, if you feel that you can’t double-mat, that’s fine, but make up for it some other way -- perhaps the edges are inked and the corners have brads.

Journaling space: The layout must have a space for journaling. It can be hidden.
Size: use your judgment. It must be big enough to journal on, but small enough to fit with the other requirements.
Examples:
a box -- 2 layers in total, embellished
tag -- 2 layers, ribbon fiber, eyelet brad etc for the hole, embellished
shape: examples a Mickey head with shadow, remember SusieStone’s Mr. Potato Head journal “box”
a file folder – embellished, must be able to write on the interior
a library pocket – embellished, with a tag -ribbon, fiber etc for the hole, no other embellishment required
a tag that slides behind a photomat -- 2 layers, ribbon fiber etc for the hole, no other embellishment required
a photomat that opens like a book --inside embellished, but must be flat -- this is not a 3rd mat, use one of the 2 required

Embellishment: The layout must contain some other embellishment or element. This is hard for me to define because it really depends on what space you have left after you have completed the other requirements. Please keep in mind that these layouts are supposed to be COMPLETED. When the end user receives them, she will put on a photo and be done. If your layout has hidden journaling space, you may need a large element. If your journal space is part of the page, you may need only a few small embellishments to finish. I’d like to leave this undefined. We can post photos of our work in progress if need to be.

Mailing info will be provided later. Please be prepared to include flat rate priority postage (I have to determine what box size we will need -- I think we may have to go with the new $12.95 box) and delivery confirmation postage.

Packing and Labeling Instructions: Sign the back of your completed pages with your name and DIS name. Be sure to use an acid free pen. Place ALL of your 8x8 completed layouts for a specific letter in a 2 gallon Ziploc bag (available at grocery stores/Walmart with the other sizes). Each letter should be in its own bag. Label the outside of each bag with your name and DIS name and group number and letter.

Example: 123SA
Susan Billings
Grp 1 Letter A

Check in dates
5/21 -- check in and topic finalized
6/4
6/18
7/2 -- prototypes must be posted
7/16
7/30
8/6 mail date
8/14 due date

I am trying something a little different to help keep us all on track. I’d like us all to post our prototypes by July 2nd. This shows to everyone that actual progress has been made. At this point, there is just over a month until the due date. We can do this in a separate thread so that those who want to be surprised can be.

If you miss a check in I will pm you, if I don’t hear from you within one week, I will find an angel.

A Final Note: This swap is a huge commitment of time and money for everyone involved as it takes a significant amount of both to create all of the pages and elements. Please try to budget your time well. I picked these dates because they work well for my schedule. I will be up front with you. September is not a good month for me. I cannot push the date back into September. August 14 is the due date.

Please send a pm with your email address or phone number as well as your mailing address. I will send you my info as well. Just a note of re-assurance, there are several swappers who live within 1 hour of me should something come up.

I can’t wait to see these!!!

Group 2 -- check in for Mad Tea Party pages

BAMB
AWM
sharond150
sharond150
SusieStone
believenmla1977
disneyisterrificpartyof3
TinkerBeanPN96
Momof2Disneykids
123SA

POSTAL
Sharond150
TinkerBean

Holding
AWM

RECEIVED
JennyL
DisneyIsTerrific
SusieStone
Mickster
mla1977
PrincessNancy96
BernardandMissBianca
KatDisney
Party of three
believen
Momof2DisneyKids
Hopemax
New England Eeyore
Michellepooh

I'm here. I have most of my supplies already. Just need to cut things out on the cricut & cuttlebug.
As soon as I finish the complete page & recipe swaps, I'll be working on this one and the surprise at the same time.

I'm checking in. I've signed up for:

Group 1:
H = Hats
I = Ice Cream

Group 2:
K = Kodak Moment
V = Villians

Group 3:
M = Mickey Mouse
Cover/End pages

I got out my notebook and jotted down ideas for all my pages, but that's as far as I've gotten. I want to finish the Surprise Swap first and then will work just on this one. I should have no problems meeting the deadlines set.

I really look forward to seeing all the completed pages. This is going to be such a fun swap!!!!

Thanks for checking in!

I have sketches for 5 of my letters, still working on the 6th. I have the prototype done for one letter. I have one paper piecing grp left for the surprise swap to do before I do anything else for this.

I plan to make prototypes for the other 5 letters and my 2 Epcot spots, then make my supplies list and start looking for sales!

I've got the followings spots:

Group 1
P Parades -- SusieStone
T - Tickets -- SusieStone

GROUP 2 -- FULL
E -- Entrance (left page) and Exit (right page) -- SusieStone
F -- Fireworks -- SusieStone

Group 3
G - Gift Shop Fun -- SusieStone
P -- Pressed Pennies -- SusieStone

I have general ideas so far.

This week I plan to make my labels for baggies and get box to keep supplies in organized.

I thought I had my paper ordred but it is not all in stock.....:confused3

Checking in, i will have more details on my letters in a week or so. I need to finish some other things before I can really start on these. :) I am so excited though

Kriminey. I haven't done much. I signed up. Does that count as progress? I have some of the paper and have a design in my head, but that is it.

I'm doing...
GROUP 1
G - Getting there (black maybe red, Map theme with some Mickey thrown in)
O - Once Upon a Time (yellow, blue and pink, Princess theme)

GROUP 3
H - Hidden Mickeys (yellow, red, black, Mickey theme)
U - Under the Sea (blue, green, white, Ariel theme)

Kriminey. I haven't done much. I signed up. Does that count as progress? I have some of the paper and have a design in my head, but that is it.

I'm doing...
GROUP 1
G - Getting there (black maybe red, Map theme with some Mickey thrown in)
O - Once Upon a Time (yellow, blue and pink, Princess theme)

GROUP 3
H - Hidden Mickeys (yellow, red, black, Mickey theme)
U - Under the Sea (blue, green, white, Ariel theme)

That's progress to me.

I'm here. I have most of my supplies already. Just need to cut things out on the cricut & cuttlebug.
As soon as I finish the complete page & recipe swaps, I'll be working on this one and the surprise at the same time.

Just how much stuff do you have? I need to see a photo. I thought I had a lot...but not enough for this!

Checking in with Group 1 - L and N

I posted in the other thread about chaning my L so when it gets settled I'll lock them in.

I'm here.. won't work on til after vacation.. maybe do some sketches and prototypes though..

Group 1..
M~ Magical Moments
W~ Where Dreams Come True

Group 2..
P~ Passport to Fun
S~ Statues

Hi

Checking in!

I have ordered all of the supplies

Group 1
R --Resting
S--Souven"Ears" *spelled correctly*:goodvibes

Group 2
O--Ooops
X--Xcited

Group 3
E--Enchanted
O --Ooops

Finalized themes-

Group 1
X - PiXie Dust -- AWM
Y&Z - YoHo/Zurg --AWM

Group 2
B -- Be Our Guest -- AWM
M -- Mad Tea Party -- AWM
N -- Never Ending Fun AWM
R -- Rain or Shine -- AWM

Group 3
A -- All Ears -- AWM
N -- Need More Time -- AWM
W -- Where are we? -- AWM
YZ -- Young at Heart/Zip ah dee do dah -- AWM

Paper
100_2062.jpg

Embellishments & Supplies (so far)
100_2063.jpg

Wow AWM - you're really prepared for this one!

I'm here, obviously haven't done anything yet. I'm still stuck for ideas for B and I.

I was talking to Dh about this last night.. he came up w/ B.. Bob and Weave because of the number of people darting in between families and their young kids trying to make it the major attractions..because after all.. if they aren't there in 10 seconds the attraction migrates to another area of the park! :rotfl:

I was talking to Dh about this last night.. he came up w/ B.. Bob and Weave because of the number of people darting in between families and their young kids trying to make it the major attractions..because after all.. if they aren't there in 10 seconds the attraction migrates to another area of the park! :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Wow AWM - you're really prepared for this one!

I'm here, obviously haven't done anything yet. I'm still stuck for ideas for B and I.

What about asking BAMB to cut you some of the "Imagine" from her new cart? That would make a great topper.

Oh, and thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter