• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABCs of Disney - Altered Rolodex Swap! ALL POSTAL 6/11! Enjoy!

bubbasmom99

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the ABCs of Disney Altered Rolodex card swap! DUE DATE: June 1st. Estimated mailback date: no later than June 8th.

You will choose a letter and make 26 altered rolodex cards to swap. You can purchase or use any rolodex of your choosing. We will be making the larger cards (2 1/4" x 4"). Here are some sample rolodexes:
s0187981_std.jpg
s0187960_std.jpg

Your letter can stand for a character, a ride, a land, a park, or anything Disney themed!

Please make sure you punch out the slots at the bottom (they sell punches for this or you can use a xacto knife). You can either purchase blank cards and decorate over them or cut out from cardstock.

If you want examples, check out the galleries at 2peas or scrapbook.com - search keyword rolodex.

GUIDELINES:

Feel free to use any cardstock or patterned paper that fits your theme. Since a rolodex is not archival, you do not need to worry about acid-free/lignin-free products. You should include at least two types of embellishments or embellishment techniques (such as, but not exclusively limited to: embossing, distressing, inking, ribbons, brads/eyelets, flowers, charms, stickers).

Check in will be required by May 15th or your spot may be angel'd. I am in California so please take this into account when you mail your items. There is also a postal holiday on Memorial Day. I won't ask for weekly check-ins this time, since I myself have a hard time checking in :rolleyes1 but I do ask that you consider the time and your schedule before you commit to this. :grouphug:

You may sign up for more than one letter if you want more than one set returned to you, but please allow others to sign up for 1 set first.

You may mail to me using any method you prefer, but I will send back using Priority Mail flat rate envelopes. The new rate will be $4.60. More detailed packaging/mailing instructions will follow...

Questions answered!
1) do we decorate both sides - No, the front side is enough.
2) are we decorating the dividers or the cards - I meant for this to be dividers for the rolodex, but you can use a card as your base -- the dividers are just a little bit taller than the cards, I think...
3) is it ok if they are not identical - Should be fine as long as you decorate to your theme.
4) if it is the dividers do they alternate sides for the letter - ETA we are alternating sides so please see your name below. R is for right side and L is for the left.

A Princess Nancy(L) - Aurora **RECEIVED**
B Momx3boys(R) - Buzz **RECEIVED**
C Mickeyteacher(L) - Cinderella **RECEIVED**
D SIOH(R) - Donald **RECEIVED**
E New England Eeyore(L) - Eeyore **RECEIVED**
F Patchchild(R) - Fantasyland **RECEIVED**
G Yodasmom(L) - Grim Grinning Ghosts **RECEIVED**
H Mickster(R) - Hidden Mickeys **RECEIVED**
I TPCShauna(L) - It's a Small World
J Marlynnp(R) - JoJo's Circus **RECEIVED**
K rlovew (L) -King Arthur **RECEIVED**
L Ilovemydisneyprincesses(R) - Little Einstein's **RECEIVED**
M maria34a(L) - Mickey **RECEIVED**
N Angelmom(R) - Nemo **RECEIVED**
O nez (L) - Once Upon a Time **RECEIVED**
P Katdisney(R) - Pirates **RECEIVED**
Q Twigs (L) - Queen of Hearts **RECEIVED**
R AlexWyattMommy(R) - Rolie Polie Ollie **RECEIVED**
S Momof2DisneyKids(L) - Snow White **RECEIVED**
T B&MB(R) - Tinkerbell **RECEIVED**
U piratesmate (L) - Under the Sea **RECEIVED**
V bubbasmom99 (R) - Vacation
W Mickey'sfriend(L) - Walt Disney **RECEIVED**
X JennyL (R) - PiXie Dust **RECEIVED**
Y Dreamer & Wisher (L) - Yellow **RECEIVED**
Z Julez4u (R) - Zip a dee doo dah **RECEIVED**

I don't imagine there will be much room for photos since they are only 2.25x4... I would have a hard time coming up with 26 small photos unless I went through and resized everything and reprinted... but that's just me. I am open to whatever.

OMG! It's so hard to choose!!!!

I would like I for It's a Small World.

This has been such a hard decision!!!!!! I was tossed between the A for Animal Kingdom or M for Mickey!!! Which one!!!!! :eek: I just don't know!!!!

Alright..... I will choose...... :rolleyes1

M for Mickey!!!! I just can't stand it!!! I love Animal Kingdom, but I love Mickey too!!!

It was tough wasn't it!

Yes! And now I'm second guessing myself. :rolleyes:

It's a Small World is my all-time favorite ride but I think I might have better ideas for a different letter. I'm madly designing right now. I'll have to see what I come up with!

And, as I've been typing this, I've thought of another idea for a different letter! Aack!!! :eek:

Yep, I was going to resist this one, and then I opened the thread, and I couldn't! I guess doing this swap will be my present to myself in congratulations for not coaching anymore!! :-)! Can I have D for Donald, please? Thanks! :thumbsup2

I was going to resist too. I think I have no will power at all. Can I have H - Hidden Mickeys??

AWM: I am so excited for R!

Thanks Mickster. I bought this huge box of Rolie Polie Olie stickers and couldn't figure out what to use them for, until now.

Could I join this? If I can I'd like P for Pirates pirate:

Yes! And now I'm second guessing myself. :rolleyes:

It's a Small World is my all-time favorite ride but I think I might have better ideas for a different letter. I'm madly designing right now. I'll have to see what I come up with!

And, as I've been typing this, I've thought of another idea for a different letter! Aack!!! :eek:

I know! I broke out my ABC WDW list thinking it would help me narrow it down, uh no! I was like ooo, I could do that or that or that. I need like 5 letters!

I already did one of these for a challenge last year...and I use it all the time too! It's right on top of my desk in the kitchen, and I love it!! Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter