ABCs of Disney Swap - Group Omega **Gone Postal**

I'll take Q and R

I will be making a tag and 2 squares for Q and matted poem for R.

(Last as usual, lol!)

I'll take A and L!

Adventureland = 2 Squares & 1 Tag
Laughter = 2 Squares & 1 Journal box

I will do the Castle and Big Thunder Mountain. I still have to decide what elements I will do for each.

Can I do two slide mounts, for O and X, as my other element? If I am able to this is what I would like to do. Thank you in advance.

Becky

dreams91 said:
In the topper, should we say what it is? I mean, like I have "fantasyland" for F. SHould my topper say "fantasyland"? Or can it just be decorated like fantasyland? :confused3

Ideally, yes, the topper would have the name of the category for your letters and have whatever additional embellishments you would like to include.

ReAnSt said:
Can I do two slide mounts, for O and X, as my other element? If I am able to this is what I would like to do. Thank you in advance.

Sure! They sound pretty involved so I am assuming that you will be doing 1 for each letter so one will count for 2 points. Is everyone OK with that?

Dreaming of BCV and Dreams91 - Please post your elements once you have decided them.

I have decided to change my element for Y:Yummy to a shaker box or paper piecing. Haven't decided what yet. :confused3

Here are the final instructions. For easy reference, they've also been posted on the first post in this thread. Let me know if there are any questions.

Final Instructions

Our group has 14 swappers- so do enough for everyone to have one title and enough of your element to total 2 points (If you are a multiple group, i.e. Tags, Squares, etc. make sure to follow *your* instructions for how many per person).

When finished, baggy or envelope them all off into separate baggies. (NOTE: You may put both your title and other element in the same bag as everyone is doing both groups). Make sure your name/screename is on there somewhere so we can all give credit where its due.

Put all of the individual baggies into 1 big gallon sized baggie (rain protection) then in whatever you choose to ship in AND make sure to add either a Flat Rate (3.85) stamp or cash so you'll get your stuff back. (We've used the Priority Envelopes in the past and it has worked really well...)

PLEASE make sure to include your full name on/in the envelope somewhere and make sure to have a legible copy of your address somewhere that I can read it. You DO NOT need to send an envelope. After it’s packaged up, mail it to me. Please check your PMs for my address.

Any questions/comments/concerns PLEASE let me know (either here, PM or email). If life gets in the way and you feel you may not make the deadline- PLEASE let us know as soon as you do so that we can help.

Not sure about F yet....however, I believe I'll do a shaker box for U.

Okay, my imagination is lacking right now. What do you think of when you hear 'fantasyland'? I could use some inspiration. :blush:

dreams91 said:
Okay, my imagination is lacking right now. What do you think of when you hear 'fantasyland'? I could use some inspiration. :blush:

I think of castles... maybe something with the castle punchies? And the kinda shimmery iridescent pastel-y colors... maybe something with pearl ex or chalked vellum or something...

Since the letter C is already castle, I also think of some of the classic rides back there Small World and Dumbo.

I was going to say IASW too or the Winnie the pooh ride,the carousel.

Okay, so you feel any ride in fantasyland can be used? I wasn't sure and was initially thinking of pastels as well.

dreams91 said:
Okay, so you feel any ride in fantasyland can be used? I wasn't sure and was initially thinking of pastels as well.

I would prefer that it not have specific ride stuff. Fantasy to me means clouds, pastels, turrets and glittery surfaces. Sort of a soft, dreamy quality to the decorations.

I think unless it was a Letter that related directly to a ride it should be more generic....so Space Mountain would be space mountain oriented but Tomorrowland would be futuristic looking....does that make sense.

Fantasyland...hmmmmm I agree with the frosty, soft colored, clouds, glittery, maybe little stars that sparkle....thats a tough one.....I was worried about Z and zip a dee doh dah..and made up a cute one using brights, ribbons, brads...very simple and clean but will work with any kind of pics. At least I hope so. H was much more fun..:)

By the way I picked a matted song lyric for Z and ended up adding two matted squares along with the lyric, just for extra punch. Hope thats ok...:)

Hi all!

I'm back :) and really ready for normal again.

The Panama Canal transition fascinating and the rest of the cruise was wonderful, at least until we had to leave early. We got word on August 29 that my mother had died, so we flew out of Curacao back to Houston, then drove to Arlington, Tx in time for the burial. Mom had been sick for years & she was 84, so it wasn't entirely unexpected, but ..... Then Dad decided that he wanted my sister & I to go through Mom's clothes, table linens & photos right away. I'm the designated photo person in the family - so I have all the slides & negatives from her life to scan, repair & burn to CD's for my siblings & our kids (just a 'little' job!). DH & I got back to Houston last night.

I'm really looking forward to this swap as some Pixie Dust & Magic will be greatly appreciated!

Jane

Now to Swap business:

Looks like this is the final list! Cutting has started :).

Slot 1: RealMickeysGirl - Nouveau
Slot 2: RoRolovesEeee - Aphrodite
Slot 3: goofymom/pop - Nouveau
Slot 4: ReAnSt - Nouveau
Slot 5: Raine - Aphrodite
Slot 6: jenny2 - Nouveau
Slot 7: dreams91 - Nouveau
Slot 8: dreamingofBCV - Azure
Slot 9: bigsis1970 - Aphrodite
Slot 10: alleghator - Nouveau
Slot 11: WDWMom - Funky Brush
Slot 12: lewdyan1 - Nouveau or Aphrodite
Slot 13: TPCShauna - Nouveau

Azure (1 3/8" tall)
Boxed Brush (1 1/4" tall)
Funky Brush (1 1/2" tall)
Nouveau (1 1/2" tall)
Aphrodite (1 1/2" tall)

Jane McAshan
Houston, Texas

:grouphug: Sorry to hear about you mom! :grouphug: Sending
pixiedust.gif
your way!

I can't decide between the two, so surprise me! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter