ABCs of Disney Swap - Group Omega **Gone Postal**

Jane, thoughts and prayers to your family going right out. Michelle

Ok - I have been thinking and thinking of what would convey the "Tomorrowland" feeling without doing something for an individual tomorrowland ride.

Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of using the atomic triangle in there somewhere (you know the little warped boomarang shapes that were on countertops and tabletops in the 50's and 60's). DH says that the tomorrowland theme is "the future that never was" but I am not sure what he means by that.

Time is sneaking up on me and I want to get these finished.

RealMickeysGirl said:
Ok - I have been thinking and thinking of what would convey the "Tomorrowland" feeling without doing something for an individual tomorrowland ride.

Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of using the atomic triangle in there somewhere (you know the little warped boomarang shapes that were on countertops and tabletops in the 50's and 60's). DH says that the tomorrowland theme is "the future that never was" but I am not sure what he means by that.

Time is sneaking up on me and I want to get these finished.

"The Future that never was" means that it is futuristic in a way that we thought the future would look like in the 50s. Like in the Jetsons when everyone was supposed to have flying cars by 2005. (I still want one! :teeth: )

I like your idea of the atomic triangle. Stars and planets would work as well. I think of sharp angles and metallics vs. Fantasyland's fluff with pastels and clouds.

Just my $0.02. Good luck!

Hi I am kind of new to this site but I would love to join in a swap like this please tell me when or if another one will be starting up. Also please tell me more about it.
Thnaks
Angie

Thanks TPCShauna.
I guess like the John Prine song:
We are living in the future
I'll tell you how I know
I read it in the paper
Fifteen years ago
We're all driving rocket ships
And talking with our minds
And wearing turquoise jewelry
And standing in soup lines

I was curious, I am signed up for embellished squares for Nemo and I just started playing mini file folders. Would anyone care if I did these instead of the squares. I still don't know what I am doing with either, but wanted to get a feel for the groups opinion. Thanks!

I will be happy with whatever arrives (squares/file folders/border/boxes they all will get used in my book) JMHO michelle

Hey Shauna...Just wanted to make sure you got my swap stuff. The tracking tag said you did. :goodvibes

Sorry I've been out of the loop and mostly unavailable lately. I've had a lot going on in my personal life that has been causing me undue stress. I think I'm finally on the upswing of things and I'm trying to get caught up.

So, how is everyone doing with their items? I have decided on designs for most everything and have done some shopping. I'm working on finishing a swap right now so I can get started on this one. I'm feeling good about my plan.

Please take a minute to check in and let us know how you're doing!

Finished my Epcot stuff, working on Parades maybe this weekend. Just started a new job (teaching first grade!), so I'm rather swamped.

--Heidi

I have my quiet times items finished and have printed my remember song and title. I hope to work on them this weekend while DH is gone.

Thanks for updating us Alleghator and WDWMom.

I forgot to mention to everyone that Mail Call is listed at the bottom of the first post in this thread. I will update there when I receive your items. Please drop a note on the thread when you go postal!

Well, DD5 and I are heading to WDW for the weekend to meet up with DH and DS3 (who left today)... so after our mini-vacation I'm going to get going on my stuff!

lots of parts are cut out, all the pieces are bought, just to assemble them.

And I vote for library folders if thats what you want to make lewdyan....I love surprises and probably wouldnt remember what anyone signed up for anyway.

They're all packed up. Posting tomorrow or Tuesday. :) Let me know when you get them.

--Heidi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter