• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?? ABD and booking Flights

Tozzie

DIS Veteran
I usually book my own airfare as I like to be able to deal with anything that changes, however I am considering letting ABD book my plane tickets for my trip next year in case they cancel the trip then they can deal with the airline issues and not me. Now I have a question for those that have booked airfare through ABD, will they book the airline you choose and the class of service and event he flight #'s. I have found airfare that I am comfortable with and direct flights to boot but if ABD won't or can't book those flights, and I am booking Buisness Class as I can't sit on an almost 9 hour flight cramped, then I will go ahead and book it myself now. Experiences please

I usually book my own airfare as I like to be able to deal with anything that changes, however I am considering letting ABD book my plane tickets for my trip next year in case they cancel the trip then they can deal with the airline issues and not me. Now I have a question for those that have booked airfare through ABD, will they book the airline you choose and the class of service and event he flight #'s. I have found airfare that I am comfortable with and direct flights to boot but if ABD won't or can't book those flights, and I am booking Buisness Class as I can't sit on an almost 9 hour flight cramped, then I will go ahead and book it myself now. Experiences please

Yes, on both of the AbD's I have booked, I called them with the flight numbers and the request for Business Class and they had no problems booking for me. I priced the flights myself to make sure that AbD prices would be the same and they were.

Yes, on both of the AbD's I have booked, I called them with the flight numbers and the request for Business Class and they had no problems booking for me. I priced the flights myself to make sure that AbD prices would be the same and they were.

Same here. ABD has booked flights for me for two trips. I had already located the flight that I wanted when I called. I asked them to check and see if they could find a better price and came up with the same flights I had found on my own.

Question, if you book the airfare yourself when would you book? Does ABD book right away or do they wait until the depature date is closer?

Question, if you book the airfare yourself when would you book? Does ABD book right away or do they wait until the depature date is closer?

ABD will book it whenever you ask them to. You do not have to book airfare when you book the trip.

Thanks!!

Just a side note to the good advice. As soon as you book through disney you have to pay for the airfare that day. Good luck, I am in the same boat right now. I have paid for the pachage already but plan on booking myself. One thing Disney can not do is book your seats for you ( if flying Air tran, etd. ) You can only do that if you book directly through the airline yourself. Just check on this today. Safe trip

One more thing...if you have a Disney Visa and ABD books your airfare, the charge appears as a Disney charge on your statement and is eligible for 6 months with no interest.

When ABD has booked flights for me, they gave me the confirmation number and I was able to login to the airline web site and select my seats.

I feel really dumb but are we talking about the same thing? What does ABR stand for? I booked through disney res. Same thing? And yes I put it all on my Disney Visa ( what else?) Fabulous idea--- thanks!

I feel really dumb but are we talking about the same thing? What does ABR stand for? I booked through disney res. Same thing? And yes I put it all on my Disney Visa ( what else?) Fabulous idea--- thanks!

ABD is Adventures by Disney they are trips to various places around the world and do not, with the exception of one, revolve around the theme parks. This particular message Board discusses those trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter