Adam and Katie's wedding PJ -10/2/2010 SBP/SCP need floral advice!!

Hey...I don't know how I missed the stuff about your sister...but you know how I feel about that:mad: What a jerk...I don't understand why people do the things they do. You definitely don't need to deal with that kind of stress!!!:hug:

Oh Katie I am so sorry about all the DRAMA. I had family "issues" during my planning and honestly I just learned to focus on ME & DH and what we wanted and everything turned out perfectly! It's hard to do but you have to because the whole planning process is supposed to be fun not stressful! Keep your head up girl!

I'm so sorry that all this drama is happening Katie, but when you'r having you'r magical day none of this will even matter :hug:

Hey...I don't know how I missed the stuff about your sister...but you know how I feel about that:mad: What a jerk...I don't understand why people do the things they do. You definitely don't need to deal with that kind of stress!!!:hug:

I dont understand it either :confused: But i'm not going to let her bother me... I believe in Karma and one way or another what goes around comes around. I'm just going to keep planning and focusing on the happy things :goodvibes

Oh Katie I am so sorry about all the DRAMA. I had family "issues" during my planning and honestly I just learned to focus on ME & DH and what we wanted and everything turned out perfectly! It's hard to do but you have to because the whole planning process is supposed to be fun not stressful! Keep your head up girl!

Thanks heather! I wanted to tell you i just showed DF your wedding pics on the DIS and he LOVED them! He is so excited to get married at SBP and seeing how lovely yours was made him even more excited! He said he and his groomsmen will be stopping in at the ESPN cafe for a beer before the wedding too ;)

I'm so sorry that all this drama is happening Katie, but when you'r having you'r magical day none of this will even matter :hug:

You're so right scarlet. It wont matter. I'm going to just focus on us and what we're doing. They can either join in on the fun or just show up to the wedding and then go home. It doesn't matter to me as long as DF and I are happy and enjoying our day :bride:

In some good news DF's family are all set! they are staying at AKL with us and are on the same flight. So we'll be traveling all the way from home to the resort together :banana: It'll be fun to show them what its like to fly (other than DF and his dad, nobody has flown before) and to show them how to get to the ME and check in to a disney resort! (none of them have stayed on property!) My aunt called me last night and told me she booked the same flight as us! :woohoo: She'll be meeting us at the airport and she actually picked her seat and it happened to be two rows infront of us.

Oh and i have my first phone meeting with Rosie at disney floral today! So excited for that! I'm gathering all my thoughts and inspiration pictures :thumbsup2 I dont know if i mentioned this before or not but i have a quesition...

my colors are navy blue and fuschia, so the boys and BMs are going to be in navy blue tuxes and dresses, they'll all have fuschia flowers. What are your thoughts on adding a bright yellow accent color? I was thinking of doing like lurkyloo did and have the rose petals down the aisle be the accent color and then for the petal toss. What are your thoughts on that? too much? I was thinking it would brighten up the ceremony and who doesn't love a bright sunny yellow? Be honest! I can take the cirticism! :flower3:

Oh and i have my first phone meeting with Rosie at disney floral today! So excited for that! I'm gathering all my thoughts and inspiration pictures :thumbsup2 I dont know if i mentioned this before or not but i have a quesition...

my colors are navy blue and fuschia, so the boys and BMs are going to be in navy blue tuxes and dresses, they'll all have fuschia flowers. What are your thoughts on adding a bright yellow accent color? I was thinking of doing like lurkyloo did and have the rose petals down the aisle be the accent color and then for the petal toss. What are your thoughts on that? too much? I was thinking it would brighten up the ceremony and who doesn't love a bright sunny yellow? Be honest! I can take the cirticism! :flower3:

I love the idea of yellow!! I was trying to find pictures of an inspiration board but I can't...you should put one together!!!

I had made one a while back and i LOOOOOVED how it all looked! But sadly the computer i saved it to has since gone to computer heaven :littleangel:

When i get home today i'll try searching for one online and if i can't find one i'll make one! :goodvibes

I'm really happy that at least some of the family are so excited for you and it's great that you'r all flying together, thats going to be fun:goodvibes
And I think that the fuschia and yellow would be beautiful together, really cheerful and bright :cutie:
You'll have to post how you're talk with Rosie goes, shes really sweet:thumbsup2

I think it would go perfect with it...you can even add it to some of your bouquets if you like, they usually say to pick 3 colors for a wedding anyways...I found 2 navy and fuschia boards and one periwinkle, fuschia and yellow board...

periwinkle, fuschia and yellow
color-inspiration-canary-yellow-fus.jpg

navy & fuschia but more subtle colors...yellow would definitely go great with this
navy_fuschia-722103.jpg

bright navy and fuschia
inspiration10.jpg

I'm really happy that at least some of the family are so excited for you and it's great that you'r all flying together, thats going to be fun:goodvibes
And I think that the fuschia and yellow would be beautiful together, really cheerful and bright :cutie:
You'll have to post how you're talk with Rosie goes, shes really sweet:thumbsup2

I will absolutly be posting after my talk with rosie! I've been hearing she is a sweetheart and Amy told me she is great on figuring out ways to save money which is always a plus! :thumbsup2

I think it would go perfect with it...you can even add it to some of your bouquets if you like, they usually say to pick 3 colors for a wedding anyways...I found 2 navy and fuschia boards and one periwinkle, fuschia and yellow board...

periwinkle, fuschia and yellow
color-inspiration-canary-yellow-fus.jpg

navy & fuschia but more subtle colors...yellow would definitely go great with this
navy_fuschia-722103.jpg

bright navy and fuschia
inspiration10.jpg

That last inspiration board was actually one of the ones that helped me decide on the navy blue and fuschia! :cutie:

I this if i do it subtly with only the aisle petals and petal toss petals it'll be really nice! not too much but just enough to make it pop! :3dglasses

Amy is you'r wedding planner! She was ours as well, she did such a perfect job and she was there on our wedding day to make sure everything went just right :goodvibes

Amy is you'r wedding planner! She was ours as well, she did such a perfect job and she was there on our wedding day to make sure everything went just right :goodvibes

Yes! I love amy already! She's been so helpful and really easy to talk to :thumbsup2

I can't wait to continue working with her!

Hey ladies!!!

I just got off the phone with rosie! SHE IS AMAZING! so nice and what a great personality she had! She definitely had me forgetting all the drama and had me totally focused on the good stuff! :goodvibes

So here is my bouquet:

Pink-Bouquet.jpg

To save my some money we are getting rid of the calla lilies (no biggie) and its only going to cost me 50$ extra to upgrade it :thumbsup2

The groom and groomsmen bouts:

For those of you who aren't my friend on facebook (which you should be) I posted about how DF informed me that he decided he didn't like the gerbera daisy bouts.... he said "they remind me of the clowns that say come smell my flower and then squirt you with water." :rolleyes1 Love how DF doesn't get involved in much but apparently had a flower preference... whatever so i did some research online before i talked with rosie and DF and I decided on these

large_image-1.jpg

They will be in the bright fuchsia like in my bouquet with the hydrangea around the base. I actually thought this was really pretty and even though its not the gerbera daisies i wanted i'm ok with it.

BM bouquet.....er..... pomanders:

I KNOW some of you (and my BM's) dont like pomanders... so please no yelling at me :guilty: I just LOVE pomanders AND they will also be used as centerpieces at SCP which means i'll be saving $$. Oh and Rosie happens to like them so there! :snooty: (just kidding! ;) )

Given the fact that the bouts won't be the daisies i had to change around my idea a bit and thank goodness for rosie on this one because i was kind of lost. This is what we came up with

532418_kekesbouquet0282jpg.png

They are hydrangea pomanders and roise will add in about 4-6 tea roses into it so that it all ties in with the boys bouts and my bouquet. :goodvibes

Other things we decided on for the ceremony:

we are doing fuchsia and bright yellow rose petals down the aisle
fuchsia and yellow petals on the sand ceremony table
and petal cones on the back of the chairs with the fuchsia and yellow rose petals in them for the exit :love:

Things we picked for the reception:

(since we can't book SCP yet this is all speculation)

We will be renting two tall thin vases filled with stones and we'll be placing the pomanders on top. These will go on each side of the roman table

We'll also be renting a small vase filled with bead to go in the center of the table to hold my bouquet

To add a little romance we'll be adding 4 votive LED candles to the table going in between each vase :lovestruc

All together its not going to be that much either! I added up everything and its going to be about $530 for everything :banana:

What do you girls think? she offered me more decorations for SBP but i dont think it needs it... SBP is so pretty as it is, i dont want to over do it.

That's a great bouquet and bout. I don't think you'll miss the lillies at all!

And since you said we should be friends on facebook, add me!!

That's a great bouquet and bout. I don't think you'll miss the lillies at all!

And since you said we should be friends on facebook, add me!!

Hey sam!!!

Thanks! i don't think i'll miss them either :thumbsup2

I'll PM you my email address so you can find me on facebook! :cutie:

EEKKK I was just going to email you!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything!!! I am in love with your bouquet and everything else worked out great! I LOVE IT!

EEKKK I was just going to email you!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything!!! I am in love with your bouquet and everything else worked out great! I LOVE IT!

You sure?! lol I'm always second guessing myself but i totally trust Rosie! :goodvibes

I just want to see it come all together!

Oh, I love the flowers soooo much...especially your bouquet! It makes me wish I was having something more girly! I'm glad you are having good luck with Rosie. Your lucky you got to talk to her so quickly and actually got prices. I got all of that like a month ago, and that was because I kept emailing my planner asking for it. :mad:

Okay, sorry, won't load my drama on here! I like all your ideas for decor...and it is a good way to reuse those pomanders!

I love your bouquets and the boutineers. and I think the pomanders are really cute and they'll look good on the tables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter