Adding on to existing reservation

debbieb04

Earning My Ears
I have rented points for 11-30 to 12-4 at BWV. I would like to add two or three days onto this reservation but the person I rented the points from doesn't have enough extra points. We have reserved two studios. When I called Disney the cost to add on in cash was $1200.00 for two nights and $1800.00 for three nights (approximately).

Is it possible to rent points from another person to add on to my existing reservation? I know I would go to the other board to specifically rent points, but before I go too far I would like to know if it's even possible.

Thanks for any help.

Debbie

Yes, you can link two reservations together. This isn't necessary but have one of the members note the second confirmation number in the reservation. During check-in, present both confirmation numbers to the CM and they should be able to connect the two. Worst case scenerio, they might ask you to come down on the morning of your first check-out date and re-register for your unit but you won't have to move.

tamu91 said:
Yes, you can link two reservations together. This isn't necessary but have one of the members note the second confirmation number in the reservation. During check-in, present both confirmation numbers to the CM and they should be able to connect the two. Worst case scenerio, they might ask you to come down on the morning of your first check-out date and re-register for your unit but you won't have to move.
It is somewhat necessary to link them if you don't want to have to check out then back in again for the changeover day.

Dean said:
It is somewhat necessary to link them if you don't want to have to check out then back in again for the changeover day.

Dean, could she not do this during check-in? Linking the two reservations, I mean. I guess it's a good idea to mention it to MS what her plans are isn't the CM at the BWV ultimately the one who will link the two reservations.

A couple of thoughts.

First of all, you may have great difficulty getting any availabiltiy at BWV during that time. That is a VERY busy time for the DVC resorts because of holiday decorations and events, and also because it's the lowest points-cost time of the year.

Secondly, it's probably at least theoretically possible for you to rent points from another DVC owner, have the points transferred to the person you are renting from, and then have your original renter extend the ressie. That scenario is fraught with complications for the person you're renting from, but it's theoretically possibly.

tamu91 said:
Dean, could she not do this during check-in? Linking the two reservations, I mean. I guess it's a good idea to mention it to MS what her plans are isn't the CM at the BWV ultimately the one who will link the two reservations.
Probably but less likely, no reason to take the chance. If you them ahead of time, it should be treated as one reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter