Admin Please Close Thread.

Awwwh man I went to #70 and it's gone....I missed out!

$3 gas?!??!! I just filled up at Costco couple days ago and it is well over $4! We would be so happy if we see the number 3....even 3.95....LOL!
Thank you for speaking out for the west coasters. I certainly feel like we are below middle-class sometimes even though we aren't, because of how much things costs around here. I had a discussion with my cousin recently about cocktails prices on Disney cruise (we went on the Wish last month and it was our first Disney cruise). Their drink prices blew our minds! They are around $10-13 per cocktail, and that's almost cheaper than the restaurants/bars around here! Their Drink of the Day? Ranges from $5.50 - $7.50!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the receipt on the first day. I thought it was missing a "1" somewhere! LOL! 😂 I can't even find that during happy hour around here unless I go to a dive bar!! Anyways, I said because of the lower drink prices, I felt like it was hurting less when we were on vacation because we are so used to that type of pricing on a daily basis. Then she said, "yeah hurts less for a week or two but it just hurts more all the time, everyday!" 😂 And the truth always hurts!! 🤦‍♀️😝 Sorry if I went :offtopic: !! Oh wait...is there even a topic anymore here? haha! :laughing:🤣
Its actually great to get this perspective first-hand tbh ... I read an article a few weeks ago discussing people in income brackets above $100K and living paycheck to paycheck ... on the surface, it just wasn't computing for me. But, when i got into the details (much like posters are sharing) - I was like wow - that's pretty sobering to think that a household income above that threshold barely makes ends meet in certain parts of the country. I am sure some will suggest - well just move - but clearly thats not as easy as it sounds (due to family, careers etc ...) Thanks for sharing ....

Anyways, I said because of the lower drink prices, I felt like it was hurting less when we were on vacation because we are so used to that type of pricing on a daily basis.
Just about everywhere I go I inside joke with my husband about a break on sales taxes lol and I mean this in a serious way because we're used to high amounts here. Disney at 6.5% is just what our state sales tax is for example nevermind the city, county and potentially CID or TIF.

On the other hand every time we go to Vegas we know the drinks (and generally speaking food too) will be more expensive than our home area. Although geez even beer pricing is starting to get up there. Went to Granite City this past weekend (talking about our home area now) and some of their beers were $9 which is high compared to what you'd normally see and that was like for a icky IPA (no offense to the IPA drinkers lol)

Just about everywhere I go I inside joke with my husband about a break on sales taxes lol and I mean this in a serious way because we're used to high amounts here. Disney at 6.5% is just what our state sales tax is for example nevermind the city, county and potentially CID or TIF.

On the other hand every time we go to Vegas we know the drinks (and generally speaking food too) will be more expensive than our home area. Although geez even beer pricing is starting to get up there. Went to Granite City this past weekend (talking about our home area now) and some of their beers were $9 which is high compared to what you'd normally see and that was like for a icky IPA (no offense to the IPA drinkers lol)
*Controversy Alert* - Agree, IPAs are icky :)

I miss the days of cheap Vegas!

*Controversy Alert* - Agree, IPAs are icky :)
Right!? I actually was a grumpy person because they were out of the only darker beer option and the only other option I would have probably gotten was also out. The waiter was completely on my side and even requested I put in a review about the missing beer (apparently the owner also loves that particular beer too). My husband however liked what he got. Thankfully my husband shares in my dislike of IPA..I just don't know if I could be married to an IPA lover ;)

Right!? I actually was a grumpy person because they were out of the only darker beer option and the only other option I would have probably gotten was also out. The waiter was completely on my side and even requested I put in a review about the missing beer (apparently the owner also loves that particular beer too). My husband however liked what he got. Thankfully my husband shares in my dislike of IPA..I just don't know if I could be married to an IPA lover ;)
uh oh ... you are ratcheting it up with some strong words now lol :)

We have a load of Hilton (like over 1 mil) points and SW companion pass. All of our monthly bills that can be paid on CC without an extra charge we charge so we get the points. DH travels a ton for work, so we get the Hilton points. Outside of Disney, we never pay for a hotel, and most of the time we only need to pay for 1 persons flight because we have enough points for 2 of us and the 4th is the companion. After our second disney trip we bought DVC with our inlaws. So now the hotel is covered as well.

This thread is one of the funniest I've seen in a while on the DIS. It has a little bit of everything. Starts off with a normal discussion, then completely goes off the rails with an argument, the OP melts down and tries to nuke the thread and then derails into a discussion about churning butter and hating IPAs.

This thread is one of the funniest I've seen in a while on the DIS. It has a little bit of everything. Starts off with a normal discussion, then completely goes off the rails with an argument, the OP melts down and tries to nuke the thread and then derails into a discussion about churning butter and hating IPAs.
Don't forget fame, coffee farms, and Vegas...

I also enjoy butter and don't care for IPAs!

We have a load of Hilton (like over 1 mil) points and SW companion pass. All of our monthly bills that can be paid on CC without an extra charge we charge so we get the points. DH travels a ton for work, so we get the Hilton points. Outside of Disney, we never pay for a hotel, and most of the time we only need to pay for 1 persons flight because we have enough points for 2 of us and the 4th is the companion. After our second disney trip we bought DVC with our inlaws. So now the hotel is covered as well.
Yeah I def. benefit with my husband having to do travel at times for work.

7 of our 9 days at the Parking Spot next week are "free" with us cashing in free days. Last year we used Hilton points to pay for 5 or 6 days for our WDW trip which helped slide that money over to paying for Royal Pacific for 1 night at Universal (rest of the nights at Endless Summer). This past January my husband got a targeted "keep your Hilton status by staying 2 Hilton stays by X date". Well we already were staying at the Hilton in Ponce, Puerto Rico so we just swapped out a hotel for our Orlando night ahead of going to Puerto Rico (because airline schedules we stayed overnight in Orlando BUT we got to see our DISer friends again for dinner) for a Hilton branded and now we keep the status for this year.

Okay but do tell what is your opinion on IPAs?? 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter