ADR Changers - We still don't know what we want for dinner!

Nope, no rope drop for us... never have, and pretty sure never will. We book breakfasts around 10:30-11:00 time frame usually.. and by the time we get up, ready, deal with transportation, that's early enough for us (we are night owls!)
our favs we do twice...
crystal Palace for breakfast. LOVE the pooh's puffed french toast. Have been trying to cut back on character breakfasts... really, breakfast food is breakfast food wherever you go... and stick to our favs that offer something unique for us.... such as pooh's puffed toast we are nuts for..... or we love the special juice at tusker, ohana.... love the donuts at tusker... etc, etc.

But Cpal breakfast - two, or three times.

Planet Hollywood. yup. go figure! One trip did it 3 times, and did trex once and sat in Trx saying darn, should have done Planet again! Now are down to twice a trip on that one. We just love it at night, how insanely loud it is with the music and are crazy for the Chicken Crunch appetizer!

Via Napoli. Finally tried this 2 trips ago.... had to rebook it for later in the week... last trip did twice again, and upcoming trip have it twice. We just really love the deep dish pizza, and enjoy the spaghetti and meatballs. Hey, we're easy to please, lol!

50's Prime Time. Well, we just enjoy the food. I am not a fan of meatloaf.. but oh, my, love it there! Girls are crazy for the pot roast. Good meal, nice break from burgers and sandwiches and heavy buffets.

Whisp Canyon... love it! Like to do dinner... and then fit in a second time with either breakfast or lunch. Still trying to squeeze in a second time for upcoming trip!

Last trip did Cape May for dinner twice... for Thanksgiving dinner, and then another night later in trip.

I think that's it for our doubles... but it's tough enough with the ADRs, yet doing these places multiple times! And our favs at these places, can only get when in WDW... so gotta do a couple times to get our fix satisfied to hold us over till next trip!

oh... and while we have our 24 ADRs for our June/July trip booked... we STILL dont' know where we are staying. Yes, serious resort changers here also! Movies and Pop we will do (our sentimental favs and most in our budget - heck, gotta save some money for the food)... then a night at Yacht Club.... maybe a night at Poly - or POFQ. Impatiently waiting for AP rates to come up to see what is available and at what price which nights!

We do DXDP for most nights.. last trip did 7 of our 9 nights.... then room only the other 2 nights with TIW and booked our least expensive meals those nights.

Hmmm...you really gave me some food for thought there! :lmao: Ok, sorry for the bad pun. But, really....you did give me some ideas.

We are Rope Drop people. In real life, I'm a night owl & hate mornings. And I mean I really HATE mornings....anything before 9am & I am just not happy. :mad: So, that's pretty much every morning! :rotfl2: But, in my Disney life, I am both a night owl & a morning person! So, normally, when we do TS meals for breakfast, I make sure they are before Rope Drop. But, I've been toying with the idea of doing Crystal Palace later....like the last breakfast ADR of the morning. Have you ever done this? Do they rush you to hurry up & eat before lunchtime starts? Am I crazy for wanting to do CP just for that puffed french toast? :confused3

I think you have some great favorites! We also love 50's Prime Time....although, we haven't done it lately. Hmmm.....maybe in December? :scratchin

And I'm glad to hear that y'all really like Via Napoli....yet another one on my list of places I'd like to try. We actually had an ADR for it for our trip this past May. But, my DH said he wanted to try Rose & Crown instead. Since he hardly ever has an opinion about what we do, I figured I'd oblige him with his 1 request.

Even though I change resorts a lot, I still say it's easier to pick a resort that to pick ADRs. So, if you have your 24 ADRs done for your June/July trip, you are ahead of the game! Now, the question is.....will you be changing any ADRs before you leave? Inquiring minds want to to know! :rotfl:

I am an ADR changer because I have ADR anxiety. What if park hours change? What if DD has a late nap and we miss our dinner ADR? What if I make too many ADRs and we are missing park time? What if I make too few and we are so bored of counter service? What if the park we want to go to isn't anywhere near our ADR? Paying OOP, will I regret so many character buffets?

ACK!!! I drive myself crazy changing and second guessing ADRs that are just in my head. Once made, I don't change them too much, but there are always a few.

Our other problem is that about half of the TS places we like are in Epcot, but I can't plan to be in Epcot every day.

Here's what we're working with at the moment:
2/27 - Travel day, Rose & Crown dinner (we go almost every trip)
2/28 - Kona dinner (it's been 7 years!)
2/29 - Chef Mickey's (new for breakfast and for DD)
3/1 - Le Cellier lunch (it's been 5 years since our last visit)
3/2 - Tusker House breakfast (new for DD).
3/3 - our last night - what to do?!?!
3/4 - depart for home late afternoon - make one last ADR? A character breakfast would be a nice last hurrah, but I don't think I want 3 in one trip...

I get ADR anxiety, too. Especially concerning park hours! :sad2: It's very easy for one to go to the brink of insanity with all of this ADR madness. :scared1:

Sounds like you have some really good ADRs picked out for y'alls upcoming trip. I think your DD will enjoy Chef Mickey's....decent food & you get to see your classic characters.

Not that I'm trying to add to your anxiety or anything....but since you don't have anything for the last night yet.....what if you did CRT there? Or is she not into princesses?

On your last day, maybe you could do a TS non-character breakfast like Kona Cafe or Kouzzina. I've heard so many great things about both. Seems like the Wave at CR also gets good reviews for breakfast.

Just trying to throw out some ideas for you....hope I haven't added to your ADR anxiety! :hug:

Nope, no rope drop for us... never have, and pretty sure never will. We book breakfasts around 10:30-11:00 time frame usually.. and by the time we get up, ready, deal with transportation, that's early enough for us (we are night owls!)
our favs we do twice...
crystal Palace for breakfast. LOVE the pooh's puffed french toast. Have been trying to cut back on character breakfasts... really, breakfast food is breakfast food wherever you go... and stick to our favs that offer something unique for us.... such as pooh's puffed toast we are nuts for..... or we love the special juice at tusker, ohana.... love the donuts at tusker... etc, etc.

But Cpal breakfast - two, or three times.

Planet Hollywood. yup. go figure! One trip did it 3 times, and did trex once and sat in Trx saying darn, should have done Planet again! Now are down to twice a trip on that one. We just love it at night, how insanely loud it is with the music and are crazy for the Chicken Crunch appetizer!

Via Napoli. Finally tried this 2 trips ago.... had to rebook it for later in the week... last trip did twice again, and upcoming trip have it twice. We just really love the deep dish pizza, and enjoy the spaghetti and meatballs. Hey, we're easy to please, lol!

50's Prime Time. Well, we just enjoy the food. I am not a fan of meatloaf.. but oh, my, love it there! Girls are crazy for the pot roast. Good meal, nice break from burgers and sandwiches and heavy buffets.

Whisp Canyon... love it! Like to do dinner... and then fit in a second time with either breakfast or lunch. Still trying to squeeze in a second time for upcoming trip!

Last trip did Cape May for dinner twice... for Thanksgiving dinner, and then another night later in trip.

I think that's it for our doubles... but it's tough enough with the ADRs, yet doing these places multiple times! And our favs at these places, can only get when in WDW... so gotta do a couple times to get our fix satisfied to hold us over till next trip!

oh... and while we have our 24 ADRs for our June/July trip booked... we STILL dont' know where we are staying. Yes, serious resort changers here also! Movies and Pop we will do (our sentimental favs and most in our budget - heck, gotta save some money for the food)... then a night at Yacht Club.... maybe a night at Poly - or POFQ. Impatiently waiting for AP rates to come up to see what is available and at what price which nights!

We do DXDP for most nights.. last trip did 7 of our 9 nights.... then room only the other 2 nights with TIW and booked our least expensive meals those nights.

Your ADR choices are very similar to mine. We have eaten at Planet HollyWood twice in the past and loved it. I think their menu is great(something for everyone) and I love the La Lasagna. CP is another favorite of ours, we are breakfast people and I normally try to book the earliest ADR available so there is no wait to be seated. Have never done a rope drop did do EMH at MK once. The thing with us is we like to not have to stray too far for our TS/buffet breakfast each day so what resort we stay at is important. When I changed resorts from CR to BW every ADR also changed except for 3, two at Epcot, Le Cellier and Rose and Crown and I kept our 8:10 at CP on our MK Day.

We are doing Cape May twice in March once for Breakfast, once for dinner :)

I love 50's PT but since we are doing the F! Pkg this trip I just could not fit it in. Love their meatloaf, DH loves the fiied chicken

At one point we were booked at WL and I had 3 meals planned at WCC, we ha d previouls stayed at WL twice and enjoyed the food at WCC

Food is a major part to our vacations as is the resort and sounds funny but the actual them parks come in third, because of this I think our trips cost more.

One of these days if we stay at one of the Monorail Resorts we will do 'Ohanas for breakfast and dinner I am sure as our ADR's will be based on what resort we stay at.

Hey, Amanda! I made it! I'm a bit under the weather today, but that won't prevent me from taking a second look at my ADRs, lol!

Hi, Janet! I'm so glad to have you joining in! I'm just like you - much, much worse about changing ADRs than anything else!

Why oh why did you have to mention breakfast at OHana? :rotfl2: Like I needed more breakfast choices to think about! :laughing: Actually, I have considered it. I never booked it in the past because I don't like Stitch. But, for some reason, Reid really likes Stitch, even though he's never seen the movie. :confused3

Go for it!! Stitch has great appeal esp to the kids ... and who knows? you may even end up warming up to him :)... But it's all good, The Poly, the FOOD, it's so relaxing!

Amanda, I second Ohana's for breakfast - I prefer to dinner there. Did not expect to like it at all (not a fan of Stitch), but loved it! Didn't hurt that we had a direct Castle view!:cloud9:

When Janet and I went in 2010, oh.my.goodness! We had Chef's de France (great for lunch, Sheila), but we also had Rose n' Crown...and Teppen Edo...and Via Napoli...Biergarten....all for lunch....and for dinner too...we couldn't decide where to eat or when. :rotfl: The funny thing is that we would only be there for 4 ngts.:rotfl2: We eventually decided on the QSDP and did a TS at Sci Fi and ??? Maybe that was the only TS we did that trip...not sure.

Yep! Just Sci Fi for lunch ... but that left room for some favorite CS!!! FTB for one!! :cool1:

I am ecstatic right now that the March dates for the Dessert Party opened up and I have it booked. I just emailed Special Diets and did get an email back saying they will contact me within 5 days. I heard they will do up a sugar free plate of various sweets if you are Diabetic so gonna see about it.

Sheila ... that's great news about the sugar free options ... please let me know what what you think ot it .... never thought about booking this since DH is a Diabetic, but maybe it might be doable ...:)

Just today I was thinking about maybe the Dessert Party for the RC trip...not sure if anyone would be interested, but it was on my mind...already.:thumbsup2

Absolutely!!!!

I am not picky. :snooty: Ok, maybe a tad. :rolleyes1

No not picky ... discriminating !! :rotfl:

Love the menu ... you have me sooo wanting to try Chefs!!

Now I'm going to start making a list for the RC trip ... hmmm DxDP might be in the cards!!

Ok, so I went to allears & checked out the breakfast menu for OHana. It looks really yummy & perfect for my family. So, it's definitely on the list of possibilities. My breakfast list is getting to be quite long! Although, my dinner possibilities are much longer! :sad2: I don't think I can talk Ed into more than 2 character meals so I think I have to start eliminating some of my breakfast picks. But, it's just soooo hard! :laughing:

Amanda ... can you ever cut out Chef Mickeys BF and sub in O'hanas?? Maybe have CM for dinner? Just a thought ... and Reid likes Stitch. :)

our favs we do twice...

We are night owls too!! I can get up early the next day, but not DD or DS. So another reason why we don't "do" sit down BF! Oh, and another reason, after consuming a bigger BF, it makes going on rollercoasters a litte harder. :)

Your ADR choices are very similar to mine. We have eaten at Planet HollyWood twice in the past and loved it. I think their menu is great(something for everyone) and I love the La Lasagna. CP is another favorite of ours, we are breakfast people and I normally try to book the earliest ADR available so there is no wait to be seated. Have never done a rope drop did do EMH at MK once. The thing with us is we like to not have to stray too far for our TS/buffet breakfast each day so what resort we stay at is important. When I changed resorts from CR to BW every ADR also changed except for 3, two at Epcot, Le Cellier and Rose and Crown and I kept our 8:10 at CP on our MK Day.

We are doing Cape May twice in March once for Breakfast, once for dinner :)

I love 50's PT but since we are doing the F! Pkg this trip I just could not fit it in. Love their meatloaf, DH loves the fiied chicken

At one point we were booked at WL and I had 3 meals planned at WCC, we ha d previouls stayed at WL twice and enjoyed the food at WCC

Food is a major part to our vacations as is the resort and sounds funny but the actual them parks come in third, because of this I think our trips cost more.

One of these days if we stay at one of the Monorail Resorts we will do 'Ohanas for breakfast and dinner I am sure as our ADR's will be based on what resort we stay at.

I am the same way....our ADRs have a lot to do with where we're staying. That's why I've reworked our ADRs so many times for December....I keep changing resorts. I think I'm pretty set on POP now to save money for the house items. I need to rework ADRs based on us staying at POP. Maybe I'll do that today if Reid will let me. Of course, I can probably get him involved. My little man LOVES talking Disney. Ed keeps telling me that I'm creating a monster! :laughing: Reid's new favorite past time? Watching videos of Disney rides on You Tube! :rotfl: He's so excited that there are some rides he'll be tall enough for in December.

When I did have us booked at BWI, I had put down for us to have 2 meals at Kouzzina (breakfast & dinner). Have you thought about that place? Ed was interested in dinner. But, I thought breakfast sounded really yummy!

Hey, Amanda! I made it! I'm a bit under the weather today, but that won't prevent me from taking a second look at my ADRs, lol!

Hi! :wave2: I'm so glad you were able to come on over! Hope you get to feeling better soon! :flower3: We'll be here when you're ready to talk about your ADRs. :thumbsup2

Good Morning, Janet!

Go for it!! Stitch has great appeal esp to the kids ... and who knows? you may even end up warming up to him :)... But it's all good, The Poly, the FOOD, it's so relaxing!

I really am seriously considering it! I think I may try to find a Redbox nearby that has the movie & we can rent it for Reid to watch this weekend. I have heard great things about that meal. And the price seems very reasonable....considering it's a character meal. :thumbsup2

Yep! Just Sci Fi for lunch ... but that left room for some favorite CS!!! FTB for one!! :cool1:

I'd like to try Sci Fi but I'm afraid the "scary" movies will freak Reid out even though they're not really scary. What are they like? Are they just silly looking monsters, etc? He would maybe be ok with something like that.

No not picky ... discriminating !! :rotfl:

Love the menu ... you have me sooo wanting to try Chefs!!

Now I'm going to start making a list for the RC trip ... hmmm DxDP might be in the cards!!

No, she's picky! :lmao: Just kidding Jana.....you know I love you!

She really has me wanting to try Chefs, too! I think that would be a great place for y'all on the RC trip!

Amanda ... can you ever cut out Chef Mickeys BF and sub in O'hanas?? Maybe have CM for dinner? Just a thought ... and Reid likes Stitch. :)

That's what I'm thinking. I probably wouldn't even have to put in CM for dinner. As long as he sees Mickey somewhere he'll be good. Mickey is his favorite! Is Mickey at the OHana breakfast?

Anyone wanting to book the Dessert Party in MK for March they have finally loaded the dates into the system :banana:
I am going to check it out now. Thanks for the info sjs314.

I am not picky. :snooty: Ok, maybe a tad. :rolleyes1 This is what I found online for dinner at Le Chefs.
Thanks for posting. Now I am hungry.:goodvibes

He usually picks out the restaurants he likes according to what kind of seafood they have there. Now, I like to pick a restaurant according to what kind of desert they have :rotfl:
Great system. :thumbsup2

I wanted to have lunch at Chefs de France (Yes I want to see Remy) but DH did one of his "I don't like French food" :laughing: We fight all the time he is worse than my DS with trying things , he just digs his heels in and says he don't like it with out every trying it :headache:
We did LeChefs as part of a Candlelight Processional Pkg and really enjoyed it. Remy was a big hit. We had a limited menu for CPP if I recall but there was plenty to choose from. All of our food was very American except for the paté appetizer. Basically pot roast and half chicken. Good food your DH will definitely enjoy. The sorbet trio was the best dessert I've had on WDW property so far :cloud9:... and the only low point of the meal, the cream puff, was one of the worst. We had:

Assiette campagnarde - Rustic assortment of French pates and charcuteries. - $13.99
Assiette de fromages de France - French imported cheese plate. - $14.50

Demi Poulet Fermier roti, pommes rissolees et Broccoli - Half of an all natural roasted chicken, rissole potatoes and Broccoli - $25.99
Plat de cote de boeuf au cabernet avee pates - Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet wine with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms - $28.99

Assiette de Sorbets du jour et son palmier - Daily assortment of fresh sorbets served with an elephant ear. - $7.25
Profiterolles au Chocolat - Puff choux with vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate sauce. - $7.25

In our Disney life, I find myself wanting to book all of those table service breakfast meals. These are all of the ones I'm considering for our December trip:

Kona Cafe (this would be our 1st time)
Chef Mickey's (we've done it before & our son loves it)
Crystal Palace (would be our 1st time; our son likes Pooh bear & friends but doesn't love them)
Kouzzina (another 1st for us)
Cinderella's Royal Table (yet another 1st for us - I know I'm the only girl in my family but darn it I want to eat in the castle! :lmao:)
Tusker House (another 1st - this 1 is probably at the bottom of my list)
Any words of wisdom out there about my list? .....We haven't tried Bluezoo...isn't that at Swan or Dolphin? Or am I completely off base in thinking that?
Amandaw, we really enjoy Kona and do it most every year at our August trip. We also have a 1st time Kouzzina this trip because the menu looks so good and I've read some good reviews. Hopefully we keep it ;) and I can report back. I am not a fan at all of ChefM, so I would replace it this time with Tusker House since it gets nothing but good reviews and has good characters DS will like. We haven't done it yet, we're never in the Park at the right time of day. I would scratch off Crystal Palace since DS isn't a must for Pooh, and I hear spotty food reviews. .....BlueZoo was on our list of must-try ADRs, but now that they've taken the S/D restaurants off Restaurant.com, we'll go elsewhere. ....Can't wait to hear your final final final choices. :)

I'd like to try Sci Fi but I'm afraid the "scary" movies will freak Reid out even though they're not really scary. What are they like? Are they just silly looking monsters, etc? He would maybe be ok with something like that.

That's what I'm thinking. I probably wouldn't even have to put in CM for dinner. As long as he sees Mickey somewhere he'll be good. Mickey is his favorite! Is Mickey at the OHana breakfast?

Yes Mickey is at Ohanas!

And I don't think Sci Fi will be scary for him ... he will think it's cool to be sitting in a car. Plus there's no sound from the movies, just B&W old cheesy movies... it's great!

I wanted to have lunch at Chefs de France (Yes I want to see Remy) but DH did one of his "I don't like French food" :laughing: We fight all the time he is worse than my DS with trying things , he just digs his heels in and says he don't like it with out every trying it :headache:

I've done Chefs twice. Their onion soup is wonderful, along with their lobster bisque. I could make a meal with soup and bread from there.

In fact, it makes a good out of pocket lunch.

Darn it, back to the online ADRs I go. . .And just when I thought I was "finished".

Amandaw, we really enjoy Kona and do it most every year at our August trip. We also have a 1st time Kouzzina this trip because the menu looks so good and I've read some good reviews. Hopefully we keep it ;) and I can report back. I am not a fan at all of ChefM, so I would replace it this time with Tusker House since it gets nothing but good reviews and has good characters DS will like. We haven't done it yet, we're never in the Park at the right time of day. I would scratch off Crystal Palace since DS isn't a must for Pooh, and I hear spotty food reviews. .....BlueZoo was on our list of must-try ADRs, but now that they've taken the S/D restaurants off Restaurant.com, we'll go elsewhere. ....Can't wait to hear your final final final choices. :)

Yeah, I think I'm leaning towards not doing ChefM this time. I was really set on trying CP, but lately I'm not that excited about eating there. It may be on it's way out for us.

I have a feeling breakfast at Kona will definitely make the cut. I really want to try those macadamia pancakes & I know Ed wants to try the tonga toast. I'd like to give Kouzzina a try but I don't know if I'll be able to work it in. I'll be waiting for your review! popcorn::

Yes Mickey is at Ohanas!

Great! That's what I thought! I think I get Lilo & Stitch on demand thru our DirecTV receiver. So, I think that's what we'll watch for family movie night this weekend. I'm interested to see if Reid still likes Stitch once he watches the movie. I have a feeling he will....

And I don't think Sci Fi will be scary for him ... he will think it's cool to be sitting in a car. Plus there's no sound from the movies, just B&W old cheesy movies... it's great!

I like that there's no sound from the movies. Definitely gives me something else to think about!

I've done Chefs twice. Their onion soup is wonderful, along with their lobster bisque. I could make a meal with soup and bread from there.

In fact, it makes a good out of pocket lunch.

Darn it, back to the online ADRs I go. . .And just when I thought I was "finished".

Okay, all of this Chefs chatter has me (1) hungry! and (2) really wanting to try it out in December!

We're never really finished with ADRs are we? :lmao:

I'm in!

We normally do 7 or 8 nights of DxDDP.... but in April... we're trying TIW :scared1: I know--I said I'd never go without DxDDP again. (There's still time to change that :laughing:)

So my problem is... I want Captain's Grille because I want their crab legs. If I go to Red Lobster this weekend, that craving will be satisfied and I'll want San Angel Inn instead. Then next week, we'll go to Abuelo's and that will be satisfied then wanting something else. It's an ongoing issue---but Ohana, California Grill, and Via Napoli (with Pas and family!) aren't moving :laughing:

You should see what I've done, undone and redone with the Disneyland trip. We'll see how that ends up in 2 weeks, lol!
I was thinking Cape May to get my seafood on...because I can't talk DH into getting back to Captain's Grille :confused3

Mmmmmmm...pizza...just the 9 of us :lmao:

Hey, Jeanette! I'm so glad you popped in! :flower3: You definitely need to keep the CRT ADR! I think all of your kids are going to have fun at that one. I'm still undecided on whether or not I should make an ADR there since I only have a boy. :confused3 My preference would be to eat at Be Our Guest....if it's open. But, if not, I was considering CRT. Even if you aren't making ADR changes, you know you're welcome here! And you can probably help give insight to us mulling over changes.
I wanted to mention at O'hanas you might even get a table with a view of the castle :love: DH and I had a nice breakfast there, wasn't too crowded. We were seated right away, because we skipped the picture. The characters were great. And all you can eat Mickey Waffles :worship:

:

Hmmm...Kona as a departure day breakfast.....I like that idea! :idea:

This is a tradition we just started four years ago or so. Instead of flying out early in the morning, we book a mid-afternoon flight. That way we can drive over to the Poly and have one last nice relaxing breakfast and soak in that last bit of Disney magic before returning to the "real world". For us it is the perfect way to end a trip. I highly recommend trying it out, if you can.

I wanted to mention at O'hanas you might even get a table with a view of the castle :love: DH and I had a nice breakfast there, wasn't too crowded. We were seated right away, because we skipped the picture. The characters were great. And all you can eat Mickey Waffles :worship:

What a great way to start the day....all you can eat Mickey waffle & a view of the castle! :cloud9: Hmmm.....OHana is becoming a serious breakfast contender folks!

This is a tradition we just started four years ago or so. Instead of flying out early in the morning, we book a mid-afternoon flight. That way we can drive over to the Poly and have one last nice relaxing breakfast and soak in that last bit of Disney magic before returning to the "real world". For us it is the perfect way to end a trip. I highly recommend trying it out, if you can.

We were going to wake up early on our last day & just get going to drive all the way home. But, now I'm thinking that maybe we could sleep in, do a late breakfast at Kona & then hit the road. If we did that, I'd probably have us just drive half-way home, since it's like a 13 hour trek. I'm liking this idea.....:scratchin

Hi Amanda:wave2:

I love your new thread:thumbsup2

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE breakfast at Disney. We have done the dxdp the last two trips just because I could never narrow down my breakfast adr's. I think we have done all the character breakfast now except Park Fare. (I had it booked but Caitlin didn't want to go:confused3) Oh yeah, and Hollywood and Vine.

Kona and Kouzzina are both on my list of places to try but I'm saving Kona for when I stay at a monorail resort (hopefully soon). Kouzzina and Grand Floridian are both on my must do list for next time since DH won't be coming and I know for sure he will hate them.

Crystal Palace is my favorite breakfast and I love the 8am, empty park adr. However I was thinking maybe next time getting a 10am adr on an EMH. Do the rides for 2 hours and then, have breakfast. Either way you can't go wrong as long as you get your puffed french toast.

'Ohana was really good and one of the only ones that DH and DD requested to repeat the second year. The food is a set menu but it is much fresher than what you get a buffets. Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch were there and it was very fun:thumbsup2 Tuskerhouse was also really good and had some different options. Almost beat out CP for the top spot, almost. The 8am adr is great so you can walk through an empty AK.

CRT was okay, people seem to like it though. I didn't love the food, but I think maybe it was an off day? Everyone else gives the breakfast food good reviews. However every girl needs to eat in the castle once and that alone is worth going. I liked Akershus for the food much better but it's not the same as being in Cindy's castle.

We're done with Chef Mickey's hopefully. Too many other options that have warm food. You can see Mickey at Ohana and Tuskerhouse.

If you want another option, I loved Cape May. It is so relaxed and casual, plus I enjoyed the food. It would also be a nice chance to check out the BC since I know you were considering a switch and staying there.

I can't wait to see what you end up with in 10 months.

Amanda, I just found your great new thread! I am even more of an ADR-changer than a resort changer. I love ADRs and I love changing them! I love the on-line system - it makes it way to easy to change. And for our April trip with just two of us - it's SO easy to make changes. (Harder to change when you have to poll all five of us.)

Sheila! Their lunch is great!! I'm not a fancy eater by any means... but they have a realllllllly good burger and fries!! Onion Soup, Burger and Fries, and a piece of Chocolate Cake!! Simple meal!! Tell DH to look at the menu again!!

Just wanted to second Luv's comment regarding lunch at Chef's. Even our pickiest eater loves lunch at Chefs - he's 11 years old, but can easily order the burger from the kids' menu (it doesn't say "burger" on the menu - but that's what it is!)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE breakfast at Disney. We have done the dxdp the last two trips just because I could never narrow down my breakfast adr's. I think we have done all the character breakfast now except Park Fare. (I had it booked but Caitlin didn't want to go:confused3) Oh yeah, and Hollywood and Vine.

Kona and Kouzzina are both on my list of places to try but I'm saving Kona for when I stay at a monorail resort (hopefully soon). Kouzzina and Grand Floridian are both on my must do list for next time since DH won't be coming and I know for sure he will hate them.

Crystal Palace is my favorite breakfast and I love the 8am, empty park adr. However I was thinking maybe next time getting a 10am adr on an EMH. Do the rides for 2 hours and then, have breakfast. Either way you can't go wrong as long as you get your puffed french toast.

'Ohana was really good and one of the only ones that DH and DD requested to repeat the second year. The food is a set menu but it is much fresher than what you get a buffets. Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch were there and it was very fun:thumbsup2 Tuskerhouse was also really good and had some different options. Almost beat out CP for the top spot, almost. The 8am adr is great so you can walk through an empty AK.

CRT was okay, people seem to like it though. I didn't love the food, but I think maybe it was an off day? Everyone else gives the breakfast food good reviews. However every girl needs to eat in the castle once and that alone is worth going. I liked Akershus for the food much better but it's not the same as being in Cindy's castle.

We're done with Chef Mickey's hopefully. Too many other options that have warm food. You can see Mickey at Ohana and Tuskerhouse.

If you want another option, I loved Cape May. It is so relaxed and casual, plus I enjoyed the food. It would also be a nice chance to check out the BC since I know you were considering a switch and staying there.

Hey, Diane! I'm so excited to see you here! :yay: Glad you found my new thread!

I love breakfast at Disney, too! Which is weird because I don't really eat breakfast in real life. I would love to do DXDP but I feel like I need to wait until Reid is a little older to really get my money's worth. :confused3

Kona is the one place I'm definitely set on for our Dec. trip. I would love to try Kouzzina but it just may not work with our schedule. But, it sounds so good every time I look at the menu.

I'm not as excited about CP as I was when I 1st started thinking about this trip. I don't really know why - I think part of me feels like I would just be going there for puffed french toast. But, if we do go, I'm kind of thinking of doing like you said - a later ADR on an EMH day.

I hadn't really considered OHana for breakfast until everyone here started telling me how good it is. :laughing: I think it's now at the top of my list for a character meal. At least for tonight......:lmao:

The only reason why I want to do CRT is so that I can have a meal one time in the castle. But, I do feel a bit bad bringing my son to a princess meal. I really, really want to eat at Be Our Guest.....I am praying that it will be open when we go in December. *fingers crossed*

I'm with you......I can't wait to see what I end up with! :rotfl2:

Amanda, I just found your great new thread! I am even more of an ADR-changer than a resort changer. I love ADRs and I love changing them! I love the on-line system - it makes it way to easy to change. And for our April trip with just two of us - it's SO easy to make changes. (Harder to change when you have to poll all five of us.)

Just wanted to second Luv's comment regarding lunch at Chef's. Even our pickiest eater loves lunch at Chefs - he's 11 years old, but can easily order the burger from the kids' menu (it doesn't say "burger" on the menu - but that's what it is!)

Hi! :wave2: I'm so glad to have you here!

I am much worse about changing ADRs. Even when I think I'm happy with all of my ADRs, I still "stalk" the online system just to see if there's anything better. :rolleyes1

Another positive review of Chefs! It is seriously making its' way further & further up my list of possibilities for December.

Hmmm...you really gave me some food for thought there! :lmao: Ok, sorry for the bad pun. But, really....you did give me some ideas.

We are Rope Drop people. In real life, I'm a night owl & hate mornings. And I mean I really HATE mornings....anything before 9am & I am just not happy. :mad: So, that's pretty much every morning! :rotfl2: But, in my Disney life, I am both a night owl & a morning person! So, normally, when we do TS meals for breakfast, I make sure they are before Rope Drop. But, I've been toying with the idea of doing Crystal Palace later....like the last breakfast ADR of the morning. Have you ever done this? Do they rush you to hurry up & eat before lunchtime starts? Am I crazy for wanting to do CP just for that puffed french toast? :confused3

I think you have some great favorites! We also love 50's Prime Time....although, we haven't done it lately. Hmmm.....maybe in December? :scratchin

And I'm glad to hear that y'all really like Via Napoli....yet another one on my list of places I'd like to try. We actually had an ADR for it for our trip this past May. But, my DH said he wanted to try Rose & Crown instead. Since he hardly ever has an opinion about what we do, I figured I'd oblige him with his 1 request.

Even though I change resorts a lot, I still say it's easier to pick a resort that to pick ADRs. So, if you have your 24 ADRs done for your June/July trip, you are ahead of the game! Now, the question is.....will you be changing any ADRs before you leave? Inquiring minds want to to know! :rotfl:

Of COURSE I will be changing ADRs before I leave.. still have some I have to figure out and tweak - means what do I ditch... and have been putting it off!

Yes, have done Crystal Pal late... 10:20 is their last breakfast seating - wish it was later. Is always the earliest breakfast of our trip - usually go for closet to 11 when some character meals have that. Nope, never felt rushed at all!

total night owl... if we were up for rope drop then we'd have NO fun.... am terribley cranky when tired and we'd rather be rested a bit for the parks!

Here's what we got so far:
Arrival dinner -26th Park Fare - or TRex. not sure. Both we aren't thrilled with food-wise ... park fare we said okay, maybe one more time since is our last trip doing DXDP... or Trex, which we are due for and I LOVEEEEE the drink there the Caveman!
27th: Park Fare.....50's .... Planet H for late dinner.
28th: Ohana ... Sci Fi lunch.... late 50's Prime Time
29th: Crystal.... Via Napoli.... late Garden Grill
30th: Tusker...... Cape May
1st: H&V breakfast (if didn't do lunch earlier in trip.. and if end up can't fit into next trip) OR skip breakfast and early lunch do - ESPN - have never been, want to try.... OR Trx if didn't do earlier (though want my Caveman drink, and won't want to be drinking at noon!)........ and Whisp Canyon for dinner.
2nd: Kona ( a first we want to try!).... 50's lunch.... Planet late dinner.
3rd: Crystal.... Plaza.... Tonys
4th: Captain's Grill.... Beaches & Cream (have never tried before).... Via Napoli.
This all depends on IF can get decent AP rate for YC on the 4th..... if not, see, my issue is will try for the 1st at YC... which means then need B&Cream on the 1st, Capt Grill breakfast on 2nd.... and Kona on 4th for breakfast.... and then have nowhere to fit in a lunch at ESPN or TRex.
So really does mess me up not knowing WHICH day we are staying where just yet.
We'll have dining plan for 7 nights and 2 room only... and out of pocket/TIW for any meals not covered under dining plan.

Still want to figure out how to fit in Akershus breakfast.... Whisp Canyon lunch... ESPN lunch, TRex dinner.... H&V (kids want the characters)... Mama Melrose, Park Fare dinner, and make sure get in Kona and Capt Grille for breakfast (both new to us) and B&Cream. phew!
Me thinks I need to add on an extra day perhaps! Would be easier if didn't have some meals booked double.
ALso want to give Tutto Italia another try... but no time to since already doing Via twice.

yup, need that french toast at CP! I agree with you... tusker is another great one. Chef Mickey's... we feel the same. GOtta do it at least once.... but find nothing really special to offer for breakfast food that sets them apart.

Have never done CRT for breakfast - there are too many great buffets with much much more to offer, we don't want the pre-plated meal at CRT. we have done dinner, and lunch - did lunch many times... till they took Major Domo's Fav Pie off the menu (BOOO! we actually left once we were sat and saw it no longer on menu - have done the caslte, seen the princesses many times... we were there for the DOMO's! - and my autistic son was chanting for a hot dog - that was no longer on menu either.

Park Fare breakfast - one of our favs - need to try! We love that lately they've also been having that awesome juice that they serve at Ohana and Tusker - yum! But they have a nice variety and the food is good!

Ohana.... nice change to have family style instead of buffet and their food is great and characters great, too!

Hollywood & Vine.... my kids love the food at breakfast there - I really enjoy the potato casserole they have. Is nice for a DHS day to do... but the characters drive me nutty, though my kids like them (even at 9, I have one Oso lover and one Handy Manny lover still for some reason!?) BUT... we all agree it is such an annoying breakfast.... come on, everyone, let's dance ... oh, no. Keep playing that annoying music and dance with the characters. We are not morning people, so it grates on our nerves, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter