Adult only restaurants

I have to say, that while there is always a risk of unruly children spoiling a meal, I have to say in the nearly 10 trips to disney I have done over the last 13 years, I have been pretty fortunate that that has not ever really happened. One thing I attempt to do to try to minimize the likelihood of it is aside from my first trip to Disney, I don't go during the summer which would have the most children, and also, I go to alot of signatures as well.

But maybe I have just been lucky, but I have also done many, many character meals and character buffets, and I have never had an experience where children ruined my experience. I am always worried about it because I hear other Dis-ers' horror stories, but aside from a bit of kids running around and obviously, some messiness at the character buffet stations, I can't say kids have ever ruined a meal for me.

I also don't really do food court or outside quick-eatery fast food style meals much, I mostly do the sit-down eateries and I eat at alot of resort's restaurants where I find better behavior as well, and less kids.

Another restaurant you are almost assured of not encountering any kids at all is Monsieur Paul, the upscale French eatery in Epcot. Generally, while kids pop up everywhere LOL, of course, you do see less of them at the more upscale signatures in the resorts. Narcoosees is another one of those out of the way signatures where you are likely to have a quiet and near kid-free dining experience. Some of the more expensive Disney Springs ones as well - I had a very quiet and kid free experience in the Wolfgang Puck Dining Room restaurant. (it's closed for good now, though)

Dining later in the evening should cut down on the number of kids...just not ours.

This is true, now that I think of it, I have done so many dinners over the years between 7pm and 9pm starting time, I have a feeling that is why I don't see as many kids and those are usually at the signatures. Again, I always expect the worse but I have eaten multiple times as places like Cinderella's Royal Table, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's (yes even there I survived the chaos relatively unscathed) and pretty much most of the kid-friendly theme park sit-downs and I never had any horrible experiences from out of control kids - I even shared a car at the Sci-fi Dine-in with a large family - the waiter asked if I wouldn't mind since I was a solo diner, and despite my trepidation, I agreed, and had a lovely time and even made a friend with the dad who was actually from my neck of the woods.

Sometimes what we fear is actually worse than the reality. I would eat wherever you want if you desperately want to go there - I never let it stop me, and I am quite wary of out of control kids.

Weirdly enough, I can think of some annoying and loud adults who infringed, somewhat on a couple of my meals, but not any children! :rolleyes1

That’s a little harsh Dug

Nothing wrong w preferring more of an adult atmosphere

Avoid character meals
Signature restaurants typically are more adult oriented
Restaurants at swolphin are not on the dining plan. More adult oriented

Enjoy your trip!

The Flying Fish over at Boardwalk is amazing and while not "officially" adult only, definitely doesn't cater to the kid set.

Another to agree that signature/adventurous dining destinations will include less children. Sanaa at 8:30 had no other children in it as I recall which is very different than Sanaa at lunch time which even then has less kids than other establishments.

I think that there are more adults traveling without children to Disney than there ever has been. I don't see anything wrong with the preference of not being surrounded with children while you enjoy a nice meal.
I have done quite a few signatures at all sorts of times and have to say that you run the chance of seeing tired and wining kiddos at almost anywhere and anytime.
I do think that the signature choices are better and after 7:00.

Jellyrolls is 21 and up.

Edited: It looks to be strictly a bar. I don’t think they have food.

Most if not all the Signature restaurants will have children eating there from time to time but the adults with them tend to have them displaying their inside voices, and they rarely opt to crawl under the tables, LOL.

We take DGD and grand nephew with us when dining at table service restaurants like several mentioned up thread in an effort to broaden their horizons, stay away from the fast food and perhaps selfishly to eat the way we prefer.

This December we'll be at WDW on our own and as two adults our most wanted eating experiences are the following:

Flying Fish
Wine Bar George (our first visit will be eating there w/ DGD for Thanksgiving Day)
CG
V+A (doesn't look like the ADR gods are with us for it though)
Tokyo Dining which is much quieter and...a more elegant setting than Teppan Edo
HBD
Boathouse
Jiko's
Jaleo if it's opened by then.

HTH

Haven’t been but Edison after 10pm is adults only. I imagine they cut back on the menu then but never been so can’t say for certain (It is on my list- I know people don’t like the food but the theme seems awesome, the drinks are supposed to be good and the entertainment is something I totally want to do).

Last edited:
There are really not too many options for an adults only meal, however I think you can manage to dine with fewer children if you plan your meals carefully. For instance, Tiffins in DAK close to closing would be a choice, as is Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. I would schedule that one later rather than earlier as well.

I would skip California Grill altogether, and would think twice about the Yachtsman Steak House unless it was closer to closing time.

The DS restaurnats mentioned upthread are likely choices too reduce the kid thing.

I don't care if I am around kids in Disney, however I often wonder why Disney does not have at least one restaurant that caters to the over 18 crowd. I understand that some families might feel slighted, however I bet that a more sofisticated restaurnt catering to adults would be booked solid every night.

There are really not too many options for an adults only meal, however I think you can manage to dine with fewer children if you plan your meals carefully. For instance, Tiffins in DAK close to closing would be a choice, as is Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. I would schedule that one later rather than earlier as well.

I would skip California Grill altogether, and would think twice about the Yachtsman Steak House unless it was closer to closing time.

The DS restaurnats mentioned upthread are likely choices too reduce the kid thing.

I don't care if I am around kids in Disney, however I often wonder why Disney does not have at least one restaurant that caters to the over 18 crowd. I understand that some families might feel slighted, however I bet that a more sofisticated restaurnt catering to adults would be booked solid every night.
I noticed more families w/ children at Yachtsman when we ate there which might be due to it's proximity to BC/YC and it's child friendly pool. It also has a more traditional menu and presentation than another signature steakhouse like Boathouse.

Last edited:
This is not really an answer about where to eat....but I can say the Labor Day week is more adults at WDW since most kids are back in school

Shula's Steakhouse at the Dolphin is a fairly good option if you're looking for a restaurant that's geared towards adults. I have dined here on two separate occasions and only on one occasion seen a kid dining there and it wasn't a problem as he was well behaved.

Last time I was there I was really surprised at the numbrn of little kids in bars. I mean, I know it's Disney World, but it's still a bar. And I was also surprised at the number of visibly intoxicated people pushing strollers around World Showcase.

It's Disney. If you want kid-free, go somewhere else.

The perk of Disney was pushing my stroller full of sleeping kids into a bar while DH and I enjoy a nightcap (at 8pm lol).
My kids are now too old for strollers, so now we rely on DCL kids clubs for quiet nightcaps. Lol

When we wanted adults-only, we went to Paris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter