Aeriell's Crazy PJ! 9/16/09 Musical Breakthrough, More Invites, & Other Silly Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeriellDawn

Mouseketeer
I've been debating starting a PJ for some time- it just seems so early to me. Even though I'm sure the time will fly, I hope I'm not jumping the gun! I just hope that through this I can find an outlet for all those crazy ideas and thoughts running through my head.

Now without further adieu!

A little bit about us:
My name is Aeriell, I'm 23 and I live in WV. I'm a culinarian and I primarily like to decorate cakes!
My FH is Mike, he's 22, and he moved here from New Orleans after Katrina hit. He's still a culinary student and enjoys cooking French cuisine!

How we met:
We met when Mike came up here to attend culinary school in January 2006. I was just about to graduate the culinary program and had just gotten on my feet after a rough breakup from a long relationship. I had just gotten comfortable with being a single girl and everything and then here he comes and ruins it! :rotfl: As soon as we met, sparks flew and we couldn't stop thinking about one another.

He had bothered one of our instructors so much about any little details about me that she was almost crazy! He insisted that anytime I was in the culinary labs that she call him so he could come see me. She eventually got so fed up that she game me *his* number and told me "For the love of God, just call the poor boy". I did two days later and we went out that night. We've been together ever since!

The Engagement!
Mike had been dropping heavy hints of jewelry shortly after I graduated. We were planning a trip to WDW so I was sure he would ask then. The trip comes and I'm so excited I could pop! Not just because of possible popping-question-ness but because this was the first trip to Disney I had gone on since I was a little girl. The very first day we went to the Magic Kingdom. It was a beautiful morning and as Mike led me to the wishing well by the castle, my heart skipped beats. He gave me a coin and bade me close my eyes and make a wish. I did- with the biggest smile on my face ever. When I opened them, there before me Mike held a ring. A plain, silvery, slightly heart-shaped ring. Not even a promise ring, just a plain band. I was, in a word, non-plussed. I smiled still and told him it was lovely, even though I was just a *touch* disappointed.

We had made an ADR for Chefs de France since we both enjoy French cuisine so much. I had been looking forward to this very much and since the ring incident- I had no clue as to what was to come.

On the day of our ADR rain threatened, but we walked Epcot for a while anyway. After we rode Soarin', we headed into World Showcase. I wanted to catch the Taiko drummers in the Japan pavillion but had lost my show schedule. Instead of popping into a gift shop to get one, Mike ran all the way over there to find the times. Little did I know...

There came a mighty downpour and we headed back to WL to rest a bit and primp for dinner. The rain finally began to clear a bit by the time we needed to head back into the park. I was so happy since we had really wanted to see IllumiNations that night. We were seated promptly and served a delightful amuse bouche. From there we ordered our meals, enjoyed some wine, and chatted. We were seated in the corner table by the windows in the front of the restaurant so we were able to people-watch as well. It was fantastic and I would have always treasured the evening for just that.

And then we ordered dessert.

The maitre d' came out and served us champagne, a nice perk I attributed to making our reservation so far in advance. And then out come our waiter, carrying a plate that looked like sea glass. I could see him from where I sat, and watched as he come closer. What I didn't see was the waitstaff all gathering to watch...

Our waiter came to our table with the sea-glass plate which I soon saw was topped with a spun-sugar dome. As he set it in front of me, I got a better look: mustard seeds and flower petals decorated the plate along with pristine berries and jewel-like pieces of diced fruit. Beneath the dome on a little white pedastle was the most beautiful diamond ring. I started to cry and the restaurant fell silent. Mike took the ring from the pedastle and got on one knee beside me. The people passing by the windows outside stopped to look. He look at me and smiled, hands shaking just a little, and said "Aeriell- I love you so much, honey. Will you please be my wife?"

All that I could manage to do was to cry and nod as he put the ring on my finger, and then give him the biggest hug I could manage! The restaurant erupted into cheers and once we left, Mike got many pats on the back from random guys and I got many congratulations!

We were able to watch IllumiNations; it was the best ever.:lovestruc

Well! I think that's enough for right now! Thanks for reading and I'll soon be posting more planning goodness!:woohoo:

:goodvibes
Tears! So absolutely sweet, thanks for sharing in such detail!

I can almost drool over, I mean Visualize, your plate!

Can't wait to share your journey with you, and it is never too soon!

The time goes by faster than you think possible!

Enjoy, good luck, and keep up the excellent journal!!

What a great story!! I had tears in my eyes reading the last part. Can't wait to hear your plans as they come together.

:goodvibes
Tears! So absolutely sweet, thanks for sharing in such detail!

I can almost drool over, I mean Visualize, your plate!

Can't wait to share your journey with you, and it is never too soon!

The time goes by faster than you think possible!

Enjoy, good luck, and keep up the excellent journal!!

Thank you! When the waiter was bringing the plate over all I could think was "Wow, my dessert is going to ROCK!" Little did I know, right? :rotfl2:

What a great story!! I had tears in my eyes reading the last part. Can't wait to hear your plans as they come together.

Thank you so much! I get teary every time I tell it. I wish I could have accepted his proposal and even told the story with more grace, but what can I say? I'm a crybaby!:laughing:

a big :wave2: to you & welcome to the boards :banana: :cutie: :yay:

Always great to see another 2009 bride on here :thumbsup2

Cant wait to here all of your details & ideas for your big day. Great thing about these boards is that you ll read & see so many fab ideas that you ll constantly be inspired. Any help needed, no problem everyone on here will offer you a great mixture of advice.

:disrocks:

I ve been planning my wedding for a very very long time & had all my plans what i thought set in stone. I ve already booked Randy Chapman,minister & STVS so figured my mind was totally set.

HOWEVER ;)

This week i ve looked at a few weddings at a location i ve never really taken notice of & have now decided WE RE CHANGING LOCATIONS :woohoo:. Am so glad i found these boards as seeing peoples wedding vids & pics really opens your eyes to an endless amount of possibilities.

Thanks shez and figaro!

I've read a few of the other PJs and TRs on here and I love how everyone on this board is so positive and supportive. The DIS truly does roxxor the soxxors!

And now: More posty goodness!

The When
September 16th, 2009!

The Where
That's trickier. We keep switching! I know that we want someplace in Epcot and I'm pretty sure we're going to go with our very first choice: France! Has anyone else had a wedding here? Is it hard to decorate or is it awkward for seating? Pictures would be great if anyone has any!

The Colors
White, black and red! I feel especially torn about the colors. I love them, I love how they look together, and I love how I look *in* them! So what's the problem? How do I put them together to avoid and "goth" feel (No offense at all to any goth ladies out there- I do like the look, just not for my wedding day!) or being too dark? I'm trying to blend them into an airy parisian theme, but I'm having trouble finding inspiring examples (how could you fail me Google?!).

The Reception
Thanks to Lurkyloo (patron saint of awesome weddings), we took a second look at The Attic and loved it. My FH is in love with the view of the water and I love the casual feel with the antiques all around. My only worry is space (It's looking like about 30 or so guests for us) so I don't know about a dance floor. And with the soft colors in the room, again I'm afraid how our colors will look in there. I just can't think of any creative ways of incorporating them! If this turns out to be the case, then I think we may need to look at other venues.

FH is driving me crazy with the details for the reception. One minute he says one thing and then the silly boy totally forgets and says something else. I swear, I'm going to have to get things in writing from him from now on! We had planned on a champagne toast and then because he can't drink alcohol due to chemo meds and because he insisted some of his family would be offended just being served an alcoholic beverage for a toast, he suggested sparkling cider. Okay, great! We could offer a choice of either! No, he says, his family just may somehow be offended that *others* were having champagne and if *he* can't drink champagne he doesn't want anyone else to. He thinks offering a choice is tacky. I think he needs a swift kick out of groomzilla-dom. He said a wine bar would be okay, just not a champagne toast. What?! I think he's doing this to make me crazy.

We're also wanting to have a dessert party (maybe some hors d' oeuvres too!) later in the evening. Haven't decided where yet, though!

Speaking of hors d' oeuvres!

The Food
Since we're both chefs, the food is very important to us. I thought having a nice brunch reception would be nice, but FH disagreed. Again, he thinks breakfast food is tacky and wanted to do something else. So, after much discussion (very much discussion! and more to come, I'm sure) we've decided on heavy hors d' oeuvres to further punctuate our French theme. Get your towels out, because here's our drool-worthy dream spread!
*Fresh fruit and cheese display- seckel and red pears, fuji apples, and deep dark red grapes along with strawberries and black mission figs paired with a variety of cheeses (bleu, brie, chevre, parmesean, and perhaps a cheddar?) served with slices of crusty baguette.
*Crudite platter, either fresh or roasted we don't know. Carrots, celery, red pepper, broccoli.. just the usual veggie-tray suspects!
*Seared duck breast canapes- on mini potato pancakes with red onion marmelade and purple basil
*Smoked salmon on onion bagel chips with creme fraiche and dill
*Sushi (okay, not French, but darn tasty!)

I would like to work in a crepe station too, but we'll see what FH says to that!
This is of course the *fantasy* menu... I still need to ask my WC on how boku the bucks will be to pull that off!

As for the dessert party... hmm... I'll need some more time to dream up the fantasy goodies I would like to see there! That's about all for now, I believe- next time I should (hopefully) have dresses, BM dresses, and who knows what else!

Congratulations on your engagement! The food you have planned sounds delicious.:woohoo:

I think your colors will look great ,and it won't be goth. Although I'd love to see a Goth Disney wedding; I'd probably actually pay money to see that. :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Congratulations on your engagement! The food you have planned sounds delicious.:woohoo:

I think your colors will look great ,and it won't be goth. Although I'd love to see a Goth Disney wedding; I'd probably actually pay money to see that. :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Thanks Angrypenguin!

Yeah, a goth wedding at Disney *would* be a pretty awesome spectacle! Maybe at the Haunted Mansion or better yet in the TOT!

Arg... so many ideas for a goth wedding and none for mine! :sad2:

As promised, here are some of the dresses that I'm considering.
Dress1.jpg

This is the number one candidate at the moment! I went to David's Bridal and tried it on already and it looks great! (Pictures when I do the magic dance of transferring from camera to computer!)

Dress2.jpg

Here's another one that I have my eye on. I just love the detailing! I just have to find some place around here that carries the darn thing so that I can try it on. Went to a local Bridal shop and they said the only way to get it in was for me to be *sure* it was the one I wanted and then pay half down! How do I know without trying it on?

Dress3.jpg

Here's the third candidate, but it will be in red, of course! This one will make the red a little more subtle, so I don't know... worth trying though! (Again, if I can find a store where I can try it on..)

My 'Maids tried on the dress below at DB and loved it! They said it definitely has regular wearability and that was really important to me. I'll have them wearing it with a black peek-a-boo skirt and black sash with a sparkly brooch of their choosing. My maids have awesome personalities and I want them to be able to showcase some of that. That's why they're my top ladies!

BMDress1.jpg

I had really tried to somehow fanagle my way into an all-red gown, but was assured that my father and several of the guests in attendance would have simultaneous heart attacks. :snooty: I guess they just don't appreciate a really bold bride!

Speaking of: for you ladies who like a little something different and don't already know about it: www.offbeatbride.com is a really neat and really interesting site with some good stuff! I particularly like the list of songs for a not-so-sappy father-daughter dance.

I'd love to hear what you ladies (and gents!) think of those dresses! :thumbsup2

I love that second dress. It's one of my inspiration dresses. If I didn't have a budget....

The BM dresses are pretty cute! And will be good in the September Florida weather!

Sounds great :) Can't wait to hear more of your plans.

I love that second dress. It's one of my inspiration dresses. If I didn't have a budget....

The BM dresses are pretty cute! And will be good in the September Florida weather!

Sounds great :) Can't wait to hear more of your plans.

I know what you mean as far as budget goes.... that one would definitely be stretching it. Maybe the EBay muses will be smiling upon me as I search?

I'm glad you think so about the BM dresses! I'd hate for them to be uncomfortable!

I've been doing some more searching and thought it would be really neat to do origami flowers for my 'Maids and maybe even for myself. Who needs floral preservation when you have these babies? Plus, it seems *much* cheaper than actual floral! This is the place I'm looking at in case any of you are interested: http://www.asian-inspiration.com/buy-origami-flowers.html

Check out those lily of the valley! And on the second page they have hydrangeas and tulips that look almost real! I'm partial to the dahlias, though :cutie:

If you want all red, I'd say go all red. Maggie Sottero, among other designers (especially Italian designers) has/have red dresses. I actually tried one for my wedding-- Maggie's Fiorenza.

There's nothing wrong with a little (or a lot!) individualilty! :)

If you want all red, I'd say go all red. Maggie Sottero, among other designers (especially Italian designers) has/have red dresses. I actually tried one for my wedding-- Maggie's Fiorenza.

There's nothing wrong with a little (or a lot!) individualilty! :)

I *loved* the Maggie Sottero red dress. I just know I could probably never fit it into the budget. And as much as I would really like to break tradition and have it anyway... well, the 'rents are paying so I have to at least bow a little. They're both cool and open to new things (my mom was jumping for joy and asking to make *sure* we have plenty of wasabi when we told her we wanted to include sushi in the buffet menu) so I'm happy with my red accents :hippie:

I'm finally getting some more ideas as to decorations and instead of worrying about the decor in The Attic I'm working with it. I'm thinking of found objects and quirky centerpieces like bird cages, wire Eiffel tower statuettes, antique picture frames and photos with a few candles and flower petals scattered about. White linens with a red runner criss-crossed in the center and the centerpieces in (mostly) black. I'm hoping that by using open elements I can keep it very airy, very Francais, and elegant but casual. I hope I can pull it off!

Another idea I had was white linens with the red runners and black bowls filled with red fruits (cherries, strawberries, raspberries, currants, etc.). I dunno, though! Any suggestions or ideas? I know I have plenty of time, but I'm just one of those people to dives in and just can't stop!

BTW- alfred angelo dress on ebay = very happy Aeriell. Woohoo!:cool1:

Everything sound great so far!!!

I am also having my reception at the Attic and it is true that you have to find ways to incorporate the decor already at the Attic. I am going for a shabby chic kind of thing with pink flowers. I love your idea of bird cages and antiques. I think that would be perfect. I also think that touches of black, white and red would be fine. I can't wait to hear more.

Also I love your dress choices. I think my favorite is the second dress!!!

Hi Aeriell, congrats! I love the proposal story.

I also happen to love those dresses and nearly went for one of them with the red trim. Our colours are white, claret red and black and that would have been perfect. Then, I saw the Maggie Sottero Capri Royale and we suddenly had a new baby on the way. I couldn't resist it, it was stunning. Her dresses are gorgeous and, as previously mentioned, she does some fantastic coloured ones. You want a red dress girl? YOU GO FOR IT!!

We are having red as our accent colour so the flowers, waistcoats etc will be in red and the rest black and white. We are hoping for December 2009 (you think you're early with your PJ?!) and thought the red would fit really well with Christmas-time.

I hope you have great fun planning your dream wedding and keep us updated. We all LOVE PJ's!!

Everything sound great so far!!!

I am also having my reception at the Attic and it is true that you have to find ways to incorporate the decor already at the Attic. I am going for a shabby chic kind of thing with pink flowers. I love your idea of bird cages and antiques. I think that would be perfect. I also think that touches of black, white and red would be fine. I can't wait to hear more.

Also I love your dress choices. I think my favorite is the second dress!!!

Thanks Toni! I love the shabby chic idea- I bet it's going to be so fun for you to go antique hopping and put together your look. The Attic seems like it's *made* for that kind of look!

And yeah, I'm thinking that the second dress is The One! I just love the details!

Hi Aeriell, congrats! I love the proposal story.

I also happen to love those dresses and nearly went for one of them with the red trim. Our colours are white, claret red and black and that would have been perfect. Then, I saw the Maggie Sottero Capri Royale and we suddenly had a new baby on the way. I couldn't resist it, it was stunning. Her dresses are gorgeous and, as previously mentioned, she does some fantastic coloured ones. You want a red dress girl? YOU GO FOR IT!!

We are having red as our accent colour so the flowers, waistcoats etc will be in red and the rest black and white. We are hoping for December 2009 (you think you're early with your PJ?!) and thought the red would fit really well with Christmas-time.

I hope you have great fun planning your dream wedding and keep us updated. We all LOVE PJ's!!

Beep, you're awesome. I love reading your posts! And we're color twins! YAY! The only difference is that we're doing mostly white and red with black accents. :)

That dress is GORGEOUS! You're going to be *so* lovely floating down the aisle in that! Thanks for the encouragement on the red dress, too! I think I'll hang on to the mostly white one for now... but hey, in about 10 years maybe a rock n' roll VR would just *scream* for a red dress!

I think I may be getting waaaay ahead of myself there though! :rotfl:

I *loved* the Maggie Sottero red dress. I just know I could probably never fit it into the budget. And as much as I would really like to break tradition and have it anyway...

Maggie Sottero dresses aren't all that expensive. They're about the same vein as Alfred Angelo, which, by the way, I looked at that dress too. I loved it. I never did get to try it on; I ended up finding mine before I got the chance. Mine has burgundy in it... it wasn't like I was looking for red... I was just drawn to it!

I love the idea of the black bowl/red fruits. I also love the idea of birdcages. You're well on your way! Now the tough part will be choosing!

I love the idea of the black bowl/red fruits. I also love the idea of birdcages. You're well on your way! Now the tough part will be choosing!

Oi... you're telling me! :sad2: And I'm sure that by the time it comes to make any *real* decisions I'll have dreamed up so many ideas my head will be spinning! I'm the same way with cake designs... my brides choose one and I feel bad for the rest of my "babies" that didn't get chosen!

I forgot to mention before! My invitation samples should be here sometime this week! Yay!!! I hope they're as awesome as I imagine. Take a look!

SmallInvite.jpg

And here's the thank-you cards!

SmallThanks.jpg

I'd like to add a little bit of black to them somehow, but I'm not sure how, really. Maybe black envelopes? A little ribbon? I'm at a loss (again!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter