Aeriell's Crazy PJ! 9/16/09 Musical Breakthrough, More Invites, & Other Silly Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on your engagement!! What a beautiful story!

So umm.........what about your cake?? ;) I'm a very amatuer cake decorator and i'd love to see what your thoughts are for your cake! I'm have the hardest time thinking up what i want for my VR.

I love your dress! It's beautiful! Can't wait to hear more!

Jennifer

I just spent $128 on stamps, so I'll be glad to write about you for a change! :rotfl:

First, yay about the dress! I feel like I'm living vicariously through you because you're going for it, and I never got to try it. I *love* that dress. Love, love, love it.

Second, I'm so glad about the invitations! Huzzah! Isn't it nice when it all comes together, and you just know you've made the right decision?

Third, :lmao: about funny abbreviations! I am a system administrator for a scheduling system. One section of the system is abbreviated "IBS". During training, I'd say to my users, At least it's gender neutral and not PMS!

Also (that makes this fourth), I love the songs you chose. If you and your dad are okay with moving a little faster than what slow dancing calls for, then Blackbird and Here Comes the Sun are great! You know I'm all about unconventionality, so I think they're great.

I am a huge fan of pearl chokers, so I love the first set. But the second set made me actually say, Va va va voom! And I don't think I've ever said that. I think both sets are gorgeous, and I'm glad you're considering using both.

If you only wear them for a few hours, you should be good (and not green)! :rotfl:

Boy-howdy, that's a lot of stamps! What are you sending, small ponies with your invites? :lmao:

Yeah, it took me a while to really go for it, but heck... I just *love* that dress! Yes indeedy-do it's nice when it comes together! I'm just torn between some slight embellishments and just keeping it clean and crisp as it is. :rotfl2: My FH gets male PMS (prissy male syndrome) often! It's nice to have a gender-neutral abbreviation now! :rotfl2:

My dad is a big Beatles fan, and my sister assures me that if we dance to Blackbird, he's going to cry. I dunno if I want my dad to cry, but I do want it to be something really special to him. :blush:

I'm glad you like the necklaces! Mom and sis liked them too (even though they looked at me like I was off my nut when I unveiled the mini hat) and FH is *really* digging the second one. I can't wait to order them! And I guess you're right, only wearing them for a little while shouldn't turn me green but I think I'll invest in some clear nailpolish just in case! :rotfl:

I've always been a fan of that dress! Make sure you share pictures when you get it! I love your necklaces, esp. the second one... gorgeous!

There will be bunches of pictures!!! And thanks for the necklace praise! (I must admit, I could probably go with just the second one and be totally happy!)

I was looking for bustling ideas for this particular dress (I can't be trailing that train all day!) and came upon these:
SameDiference02.jpg

SameDiference03.jpg

What do you guys think? I'm partial to the last one, but they're all really neat, I think!::yes::

Just caught up with your PJ! Sweet :lovestruc engagement story!

The dress is beautiful, I like the 3rd bustle.

popcorn::

I definitely like the third bustle the best, the second, runner-up.

I know my song with my dad will make him cry. But it's got sentimental value. Oh heck, my dad'll be crying before that!

No ponies! We got sixty .59s, and then we got four sheets of .42s. Also express shipping (I never express, but we would have gotten them after June 10th). Ouchie.

As promised, here are some of the dresses that I'm considering.
Dress1.jpg

This is the number one candidate at the moment! I went to David's Bridal and tried it on already and it looks great! (Pictures when I do the magic dance of transferring from camera to computer!)

Dress2.jpg

Here's another one that I have my eye on. I just love the detailing! I just have to find some place around here that carries the darn thing so that I can try it on. Went to a local Bridal shop and they said the only way to get it in was for me to be *sure* it was the one I wanted and then pay half down! How do I know without trying it on?

Dress3.jpg

Here's the third candidate, but it will be in red, of course! This one will make the red a little more subtle, so I don't know... worth trying though! (Again, if I can find a store where I can try it on..)

My 'Maids tried on the dress below at DB and loved it! They said it definitely has regular wearability and that was really important to me. I'll have them wearing it with a black peek-a-boo skirt and black sash with a sparkly brooch of their choosing. My maids have awesome personalities and I want them to be able to showcase some of that. That's why they're my top ladies!

BMDress1.jpg

I had really tried to somehow fanagle my way into an all-red gown, but was assured that my father and several of the guests in attendance would have simultaneous heart attacks. :snooty: I guess they just don't appreciate a really bold bride!

Speaking of: for you ladies who like a little something different and don't already know about it: www.offbeatbride.com is a really neat and really interesting site with some good stuff! I particularly like the list of songs for a not-so-sappy father-daughter dance.

I'd love to hear what you ladies (and gents!) think of those dresses! :thumbsup2

Hi
My best friend has the first dress and i have to say it was just stunning so my vote goes for number 1 :lovestruc

Hi
My best friend has the first dress and i have to say it was just stunning so my vote goes for number 1 :lovestruc

Believe me, when I tried on Number 1 I adored it too- it really *is* a stunning dress! All the extra detail just sold me on Number 2. If you go here: http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...6586,127279882&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0
and scroll through the pictures (and imagine them in RED!) you'll see why I was smitten!

I went to a local bridal shop to try on the AA dresses today and get my size. It was the singular most awful experience ever! :headache: The lady was so rude and when she assured me that the dresses run small and when I needed a size SMALLER than my normal size (this thing was obviously falling off me) after she *assured me* I would need at least a size 24-26 (I'm a 20 and would have fit better into and 18! Woo diet!) she refused to believe it! She even called another little floozy over to confirm that there was no way I could ever possibly without the help of some serious lubricant squeeze my ample derrière into an size 18 gown! My sis and I were all :furious: "Hussy! You best recognize!" And then left- but I got what I went in there for: The Size! Now I never have to go in there ever ever again. :goodvibes *End rant*

jennifaerie wrote:
I definitely like the third bustle the best, the second, runner-up.

I know my song with my dad will make him cry. But it's got sentimental value. Oh heck, my dad'll be crying before that!

No ponies! We got sixty .59s, and then we got four sheets of .42s. Also express shipping (I never express, but we would have gotten them after June 10th). Ouchie.

lov2b@disney wrote:
Just caught up with your PJ! Sweet engagement story!

The dress is beautiful, I like the 3rd bustle.
I'm with you guys on the third bustle- it's just neat :goodvibes

jennifaerie- That's cool about the sentimental song! I would really like something with the sentimental value too! That's why I'm really looking at the classic rock songs rather than newer stuff; my dad would wake us up on saturday mornings by blaring classic rock like Dr. Hook, John Pryne, The Eagles, Pink Floyd, etc., and making my sister and I pancakes before we started to watch cartoons. So those bands and really good rock in general always reminds me of those mornings with daddy. :lovestruc

I would also like to re-state that that's a heckuvalotta stamps! And paying express postage for stamps strikes me as rather ironic and funny- no offense intended!

and 29apr00 wrote:
Congrats on your engagement!! What a beautiful story!

So umm.........what about your cake?? I'm a very amatuer cake decorator and i'd love to see what your thoughts are for your cake! I'm have the hardest time thinking up what i want for my VR.

I love your dress! It's beautiful! Can't wait to hear more!

Jennifer

Thanks for the engagement compliments! I've passed all of them along to FH and now his head will no longer fit through doors :rotfl:

As for the cake- that's a toughie! I've been playing with ideas and looking for inspiration, sketching things here and there, but I just haven't hit on that perfect design. I saw the pics of the standard disney cakes in the cake thread, and have to say that I was.... well... it's just not what I'm looking for. I *did* however dream of a flavor of cake and I *know* I want an eiffel tower cake topper! Maybe I could post some scans of the cakedoodles I've made?

Does anyone know of disney can do varied shapes on one cake? I really like the idea of breaking up lines a bit- again, I wish I had more adventurous brides! :headache:

Ah, my dear, you are so right!

I'm usually the in-the-clouds person, especially about money. But for some reason, Rob really wanted these stamps.

You're so cool. Here I am with my Bryan Adams song, and you're talking about Pink Floyd and the Beatles! :rotfl2: But there's still a reason. My mom asked me to use that Tim McGraw father/daugher song, but I flat out said no. This song means something to my dad, so I gotta use it.

I *so* want to see cakedoodles! :yay: :yay:

Ah, my dear, you are so right!

I'm usually the in-the-clouds person, especially about money. But for some reason, Rob really wanted these stamps.

You're so cool. Here I am with my Bryan Adams song, and you're talking about Pink Floyd and the Beatles! :rotfl2: But there's still a reason. My mom asked me to use that Tim McGraw father/daugher song, but I flat out said no. This song means something to my dad, so I gotta use it.

I *so* want to see cakedoodles! :yay: :yay:

Way to stick it to The Man! :hippie: (Not that I'm calling your mom a man... or that she had bad taste in music- it's a very sweet song!)

But I just think songs with meaning are much better- especially on a day that's so super-charged with estrogen, it's nice to say "I'm really thinking about you too, Dad" instead of something so sweet it'll give you tooth decay.

Um... but if it's *really* sweet and *really* meaningful too- then double bonus! :thumbsup2

Cakedoodles forthcoming! One was inspired by an Iron Chef Japan battle! (Let your imaginations run away with *that* one! Bwahaha! :stir: )

I'll try to remember to scan the cakedoodle of our cake. It was the only place we went to that was willing to draw a sketch for us. That alone sold us.

As promised- cake doodles! Sorry they're not in color- I generally just keep a regular ol' pencil handy instead of colored ones.

This first one is the one that was inspired by the Iron Chef Japan battle- it was the one where they had to use all Wedgewood plates and dishware. I was really struck by the black Jasperware design with the white reliefs, but the red was really interesting too. I don't know which would look better, though!

cakedoodle1.jpg

Some actual Jasperware:
5122-01.jpg
WED2181_m.jpg

This next one I call "Funky French". It had all kinds of different shapes and patterns and some unusual separators between the tiers. Oh. And a squirrel!

cakedoodle2.jpg

This one has two cakes! One is a reproductions of my dress detail and the other one is a graduated play on the swirl pattern that's so popular right now. I really like how ribbon looks around the bottom of a cake as a finishing touch; it's just really clean. And there's what I'll look like while eating the yummy cake!

cakedoodle3.jpg

And here's a commentary on how my FH affects my decision-making process. It's cake related! I also wanted to include a cake with the neat damask design that's also really popular right now, but.... I can't draw damask!

cakedoodle4.jpg

Who ever heard of someone having a personal grudge against a croquenbouche? A croquenbouche is a tower of cream puffs in a cone shape that have been stuck together with caramel. They're *very* nummy! Here;s what a real one looks like!
normal_croqfull.jpg

Also, we had Wedding Workout number one yesterday! Let me just say that... *whimper* It huuuuurrrrrrts! :faint: Doing good though- from now on we'll be getting fit every M-W-F and I'm going to keep to my diet and taking the pup for many walks. I feel skinnier already! (Now if I could just walk...owwie!)

Also, and update on the dress: We've decided to hold off ordering it until wedding season is over and we could (in theory) get an even better deal. I don't particularly like the idea, but mom says she has a gut feeling that it would really be best and she's usually right. So I'm putting my trust into her and if she's wrong... well... then hopefully I can still get my dream dress! Also, on the upside if things *do* fall into place I could maybe order a smaller size so It wouldn't have to be altered down to nothing.

That's all for now! :thumbsup2

Oh, your doodles are adorable! I loved all the cakes, but the swirly one, and the one with the dress detail are my favorites. I love how the detail spills off the cake. That's really creative.

Though I think you should just have a cake with your little faces all over it. :goodvibes

WOW great cakes!! I really like the 1st one. not too sure about Disney doing one like that. One bride wanted a pillow cake and Disney told her no,

I don't know if it's going to happen. I don't know if we're going to have the wedding anymore.

The country club where we work is run by a ship of fools. Because the club president is angry with my FH he's bringing up a vote with the board to get rid of him. The club pres is angry that FH tells clients the truth or when FH tells him how things need to be done in order to turn a profit- or even break even on food costs. The club pres is friends with *everyone* on the board so they'll vote how he wants them to. They're even angry that FH had to raise prices just to break even! The board should be concerned with the club making money and happy for this- instead of fighting tooth and nail about a stupid $2 price increase due to rising food costs!!!! :furious:

Mike (My FH, in case y'all forgot) is so fed up, he's ready to go- wants to leave except for the fact that he's very worried about what some of his customers will be left with. But since he's not working out the rest of the year he's not going to get his bonus (however measly) of 35% of the overall profit- and they're so petty they may not even give him the gratuity money that he's already earned. :(

I've been all over the place gathering applications for a new job and I'm worried because places around here don't pay very well. I don't know how we're ever going to save enough for this wedding and pay bills/eat on top of it. I just hope that the University renews my adjunct contract in the fall. That money would really help.

I just don't know what to do- I want to cry my eyes out. I would rely more on cakes, but I don't have my own bakery so it's kind of hard. I just feel so lost; like everything is just falling down around me. Thanks for listening (reading?) to me rant. I just really needed to get that off my chest. I just wish I knew it would all be ok...:(

AeriellDawn::goodvibes

Did you actually do those drawings yourself?? If so they re great, girl pics are super cute. You can draw me a pic if you get really bored:cutie: , wish i had your talents:thumbsup2

Oh, your doodles are adorable! I loved all the cakes, but the swirly one, and the one with the dress detail are my favorites. I love how the detail spills off the cake. That's really creative.

Though I think you should just have a cake with your little faces all over it. :goodvibes

I really like extending detail off of the cake itself and yes- I really like the swirly one, too. I'm glad you like the doodles! Maybe it if turns out that I have to make my own cake I might sneak a little face in there somewhere.

WOW great cakes!! I really like the 1st one. not too sure about Disney doing one like that. One bride wanted a pillow cake and Disney told her no,

I really like that one too! I hope that Disney could do it, but if you say they wouldn't do pillows (how easy is *that*?!) then I doubt it.

AeriellDawn::goodvibes

Did you actually do those drawings yourself?? If so they re great, girl pics are super cute. You can draw me a pic if you get really bored:cutie: , wish i had your talents:thumbsup2

Hehe! I'm glad you like my doodles! I wanted to get into cartooning/comics but went to chef school instead. If I ever meet someone with a story I may start a comic. I would love to draw you a picture! Just lemme know what you'd like and I'll see what I can come up with!

You're all such sweethearts :hug: Even when I'm down your nice comments cheer me right up. Thanks girls! :goodvibes

I just caught up with reading your PJ. I love all of your ideas. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE that little hat!!!! That would be adorable!!!!!! I love all of your ideas. The cake sketches are great!!! I hope you still have your wedding in Disney!!! I am sure everything will work out for you. I am sure we will all help you find a way to keep with your Disney wedding no matter what happens!!

I just caught up with reading your PJ. I love all of your ideas. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE that little hat!!!! That would be adorable!!!!!! I love all of your ideas. The cake sketches are great!!! I hope you still have your wedding in Disney!!! I am sure everything will work out for you. I am sure we will all help you find a way to keep with your Disney wedding no matter what happens!!

Thanks Toni! I hope we still have it at Disney too- I really really from the bottom of my heart appreciate the support- it means so much to me and I'm so happy to belong to such a kind group of people. :hug:

Thanks Toni! I hope we still have it at Disney too- I really really from the bottom of my heart appreciate the support- it means so much to me and I'm so happy to belong to such a kind group of people. :hug:

Everyone on this board is great!!!! They are all wonderful friends! I just realized I said I LOVE YOUR IDEAS twice...LOL. I guess I really love the ideas! :rotfl2: I think your dress is great! Its an Alfred Angelo right? I have an Alfred Angelo dress too. If you go to a website bestbridalprices.com (i think thats the page) they have all of Alfred Angelo's dresses at a discount. If thats not the right site let me know and I will find it for you!

I don't know if it's going to happen. I don't know if we're going to have the wedding anymore.

The country club where we work is run by a ship of fools. Because the club president is angry with my FH he's bringing up a vote with the board to get rid of him. The club pres is angry that FH tells clients the truth or when FH tells him how things need to be done in order to turn a profit- or even break even on food costs. The club pres is friends with *everyone* on the board so they'll vote how he wants them to. They're even angry that FH had to raise prices just to break even! The board should be concerned with the club making money and happy for this- instead of fighting tooth and nail about a stupid $2 price increase due to rising food costs!!!! :furious:

Mike (My FH, in case y'all forgot) is so fed up, he's ready to go- wants to leave except for the fact that he's very worried about what some of his customers will be left with. But since he's not working out the rest of the year he's not going to get his bonus (however measly) of 35% of the overall profit- and they're so petty they may not even give him the gratuity money that he's already earned. :(

I've been all over the place gathering applications for a new job and I'm worried because places around here don't pay very well. I don't know how we're ever going to save enough for this wedding and pay bills/eat on top of it. I just hope that the University renews my adjunct contract in the fall. That money would really help.

I just don't know what to do- I want to cry my eyes out. I would rely more on cakes, but I don't have my own bakery so it's kind of hard. I just feel so lost; like everything is just falling down around me. Thanks for listening (reading?) to me rant. I just really needed to get that off my chest. I just wish I knew it would all be ok...:(

Oh no! :hug:

This is why country clubs suck. Well, part of it.

It's okay. It'll all be okay. You could always put off the wedding a little longer if you need to, so you have more time to save up money.

The cakes look great, by the way.

And if worst comes to worst, just go to the courthouse and do it, or whatever, and do a vow renewal at Disney!

Loving your PJ so far!:) popcorn::
Just wanted to say though, I would make sure that your dress is not going to be discontiued anytime soon, because I went through that 3 times and it was such a bummer! :(
Everytime I found "the one" I would wait a week or so, or longer and go back and it would be discontiued! And now I actaully found the perfect dress and bought it right away and it is now discontinued..so be careful.
BTW: I love your dress!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter