After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

Hi, folks! First post under this name. (Think my old name was likely redstickredhead but I can't remember the password for that one or the email addy I'd used.)

My family and I are coming in this October after a LONG break, and boy, howdy, catching up with the changes has taken me months of reading!

Do y'all think these after-hours events will have new dates added for October? They seem like a good investment for our group, as we aren't show/character people but ride/ambience/love all the parks in the evenings types.

I know this is highly speculative, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Maybe, but that's peak Halloween party time with several parties per week so I wouldn't count on After Hours then.

Maybe, but that's peak Halloween party time with several parties per week so I wouldn't count on After Hours then.
I figured, but I'll hold out a fool's hope that we could have our last EPCOT day be til 1 in the morning. Living with the Land at night is one of my favorite things on this planet. <3 Thanks for answering :)!!!

I figured, but I'll hold out a fool's hope that we could have our last EPCOT day be til 1 in the morning. Living with the Land at night is one of my favorite things on this planet. <3 Thanks for answering :)!!!

Well depending on where you're staying, there's always Deluxe Evening Hours.

So it looks like the 30 minute buffer is going to stay in place for the next few AH. That’s a good thing!

So I bought tickets for the June 21 AH at HS. Now my sister may have a work conflict and not be able to attend and I really dont want to just eat these tickets. I know Disney says they are not refundable but give how much time there is before the event - is there any chance that they will let me return to them? I purchased with Disney reward card dollars if that makes any difference. Also, if I had to, would move to the Epcot AH on June 22 (although not that enthusiastic about that). I am hoping that my sister can clear her conflict and I wont have to call but thought I would ask the experts in advance. Thanks

So I bought tickets for the June 21 AH at HS. Now my sister may have a work conflict and not be able to attend and I really dont want to just eat these tickets. I know Disney says they are not refundable but give how much time there is before the event - is there any chance that they will let me return to them? I purchased with Disney reward card dollars if that makes any difference. Also, if I had to, would move to the Epcot AH on June 22 (although not that enthusiastic about that). I am hoping that my sister can clear her conflict and I wont have to call but thought I would ask the experts in advance. Thanks

They will not typically give you a refund, but would allow you to move them to the Epcot AH (or any future event). If the future event is more, you pay the difference, but if it is less, you don't get anything back.

I was able to change a Christmas party ticket to another night, but not cancel

I bought tix for the Epcot after hours on 6/22 then realized we’ll be at the WL lodge the night they have extended hours at Epcot so why pay for AH ….I called guest services and they were fine with me exchanging the AH tix for the Halloween party and paying the difference between the two tix. They did say there were no refunds but tix could be exchanged for a different event.

Thanks — I will lose 20 a ticket then if I move but at least I dont want away from $300 in rewards dollars

I bought tix for the Epcot after hours on 6/22 then realized we’ll be at the WL lodge the night they have extended hours at Epcot so why pay for AH ….I called guest services and they were fine with me exchanging the AH tix for the Halloween party and paying the difference between the two tix. They did say there were no refunds but tix could be exchanged for a different event.
I dont see extended hours for Epcot on 6/22 btw, I think that is a pay AH event. Please tell me if I am wrong because then I will have to exchange my 6/21 tickets for another event and I am not sure there is another one while I am there.

For HS AH, are there locations inside the park where you can check-in for the event? We have park hopper passes so will enter prior to 7pm and would like to avoid the long line I've heard about at the main entrance. Any suggestions for minimizing the time it will take to check-in?

For HS AH, are there locations inside the park where you can check-in for the event? We have park hopper passes so will enter prior to 7pm and would like to avoid the long line I've heard about at the main entrance. Any suggestions for minimizing the time it will take to check-in?
We got our wristbands near Trolley Car Cafe - at the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard, where the wait time board used to be.

I dont see extended hours for Epcot on 6/22 btw, I think that is a pay AH event. Please tell me if I am wrong because then I will have to exchange my 6/21 tickets for another event and I am not sure there is another one while I am there.
Sorry, the Epcot AH is 6/22 and the Extended evening hours at Epcot is 6/26 which is night we will be staying at WL

Sold out AH for tonight (sold out yesterday afternoon). Looking forward to possibly hearing some reports of how this evening’s event goes!
I saw that also this morning, figured it may have happened yesterday or today.

Would also love to hear reports from tonight to determine if we should consider pulling the trigger this weekend for next Wednesday's (24-May) event.

I saw that also this morning, figured it may have happened yesterday or today.

Would also love to hear reports from tonight to determine if we should consider pulling the trigger this weekend for next Wednesday's (24-May) event.
My biggest hold-up is making sure the weather is going to cooperate for our date. It's not worth it to me if there is heavy rain/storms. I'll likely pull the trigger a couple of days before our planned event if the weather reports are consistently reassuring. That's why I've been monitoring when the recent events have sold out to know how much time I have to wait!

My biggest hold-up is making sure the weather is going to cooperate for our date. It's not worth it to me if there is heavy rain/storms. I'll likely pull the trigger a couple of days before our planned event if the weather reports are consistently reassuring. That's why I've been monitoring when the recent events have sold out to know how much time I have to wait!

This is 100% me as well!!!

I've been watching the wait times for the past couple events and it looks encouraging for our date next week (unless Memorial Day throws a wrench in that but I think most people come in the following week). Last night, the times appeared to drop significantly about an hour before the event even started.

I've been watching the wait times for the past couple events and it looks encouraging for our date next week (unless Memorial Day throws a wrench in that but I think most people come in the following week). Last night, the times appeared to drop significantly about an hour before the event even started.
I’ve been watching as well, and things have been more reassuring! I did notice the next two weeks (as of now), they start 30 minutes after park closes, whereas recently the parks have closed the same time it starts. Maybe that means they’re accounting for any potential day crowds?

I’ve been watching as well, and things have been more reassuring! I did notice the next two weeks (as of now), they start 30 minutes after park closes, whereas recently the parks have closed the same time it starts. Maybe that means they’re accounting for any potential day crowds?

It also gives them a buffer if they decide to extend park hours, but I'm really hoping they don't at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter