After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

It's worth noting that you guys are discussing two different things. DHS is getting Extended Evening Hours (free with Deluxe stay) and not Disney After Hours (paid event for all)

Yeah, I guess EEH is (probably) better than nothing though. Would do a paid After Hours if they offered it but guess they probably won’t during this time.

Based on how the reviews have been, we were airing to decide if this was worth it for Epcot…and I’m somehow just now seeing it sold out three days ago! Darn. Guess it still ended up being popular enough, as it’s basically the only option right now for after hours if you’re not a deluxe resort guest.

Oh wow! I made a last minute decision to add this on to our upcoming trip, I bought 4 tickets yesterday late afternoon (direct from Disney) for the Aug 24th event. I guess I got lucky! I hadn't heard they were selling out.

I have seen some more recent reports of the event running pretty smoothly, after the chaos of the first one. Fingers crossed it will be fun! It was the heat that pushed me over the edge into deciding to buy it - I am hoping being in the park late will be a little more bearable in the current hot weather!

Oh wow! I made a last minute decision to add this on to our upcoming trip, I bought 4 tickets yesterday late afternoon (direct from Disney) for the Aug 24th event. I guess I got lucky! I hadn't heard they were selling out.

I have seen some more recent reports of the event running pretty smoothly, after the chaos of the first one. Fingers crossed it will be fun! It was the heat that pushed me over the edge into deciding to buy it - I am hoping being in the park late will be a little more bearable in the current hot weather!
Very lucky! I tried just a couple hours later and they were gone.

Attended Thursday 8/17

We checked-in in the park at the Guest Experience umbrella located at the entrance to the World Showcase. It's on your left as you leave Future World

8:40 Soarin
9:00 Land
9:28 Test Track - 30 minutes, grabbed snacks which they ate on the way to
10:00 GOG - 30 minutes, both sides open
went right back in, the line was obviously shorter, but they stopped running both sides so it was still 30 minutes -- this is infuriating.

at 11:00 my group split up
I went to Frozen, grabbed waters in Norway, bathroom break, no line for maple popcorn in Canada, no-line photopass photo in France, then Remy. (Mickey was meeting in Aurora's usual meeting place in France, I noticed maybe 3 families in line on the way to Remy and again on the way out of France) Both rides were walk on. But this did take an hour. We were walking pretty slowly. After this, I was done. I wandered up to the Seas and waited for my boys to be done. My daughter walked on the Seas. The snack cart outside the Seas was out of water.

at 11:00 my boys went back to Test Track rode it twice, then went to Soarin. 3 rides in two hours isn't really low wait time in my opinion. The boys said they think there was a problem at Soarin because the line didn't look long but it wasn't moving, but no one communicated anything. I'm going to double check with them to see if I got the right number of rides they did. Confirmed this.

We had a good time, but when I look at it written out...I don't know...multiple 30 minute waits seems not what they are advertising.

The busing afterwards was perfect. The buses were there right at 1am and they waited about 15 minutes before leaving. I stayed at AS Music. They moved the stop up which I was very happy about. It was a shared bus with the other All Stars, but the bus wasn't over crowded.

We liked the DJ

Last edited:
We did the 8/10 Epcot after hours. We rode guardians 3 times from 915- a little after 10. Thanks to anyone who gave the strategy of getting in the queue before the party started. We walked right into the first pre show the first two times and the third we had to wait for the pre show people to go into the next room and then walked in. When we got off around 1020/1030 they said there was a 45 min wait and it looked like there were more people in the line.

We did Remy twice as a walk on. Frozen was a walk on. We did the ride in Mexico just to see Mexico completely empty. We took some magic shots (tinker bell lantern, Remy, light up Mickey head) and then some pictures on our own of an empty Mexico, France, and UK. Test Track was the longest wait at the end of the night around 35 minutes but it was closed earlier in the party so we just waited. Canada maple popcorn was wonderful. Dance party was cute.

Overall the general vibe, music, and low low crowds was worth it.

I did the 8/17 event and was able to ride CR 5 times in a row! (I started late and left early - I estimate you could ride at least 8 times after hours, plus the VQ and LL that day, if you were really determined and that’s all you wanted to do!)

I don’t think it’s possible for CR to run shorter than maybe 18 mins as long as they have the preshows running…not sure why Test Track was that long though!!

I did the 8/17 event and was able to ride CR 5 times in a row! (I started late and left early - I estimate you could ride at least 8 times after hours, plus the VQ and LL that day, if you were really determined and that’s all you wanted to do!)

I don’t think it’s possible for CR to run shorter than maybe 18 mins as long as they have the preshows running…not sure why Test Track was that long though!!
We must have had bad luck then, because we stayed the whole time on 8/17 and just did CR over and over and only made it 5 times. I wish they wouldn’t run the pre shows. And anyone who uses DAS during after hours, do they enforce the wait times? We rode with two girls who were talking about how they’d ridden it 8 times and we saw them immediately get back in line (via the LL) for a 9th ride. Which let me tell you didn’t feel great.

I linked my After Hours ticket in MDE but they don’t show up in my account. To gain entry into the park day of, do you just swipe your iPhone or Apple Watch (not using a magic band) or do you have to pick up the tickets somewhere?

@Wxcaps I received physical tickets in the mail yesterday. Although mine also showed up in MDE so I was planning to use my MB.

Do you have the MDE app? They should show there in the “tickets and passes” tab.

I linked my After Hours ticket in MDE but they don’t show up in my account. To gain entry into the park day of, do you just swipe your iPhone or Apple Watch (not using a magic band) or do you have to pick up the tickets somewhere?
When we did Hollywood Studio after hours in February, we just scanned our magic band. Everything was on there and there was no issue.

@Wxcaps I received physical tickets in the mail yesterday. Although mine also showed up in MDE so I was planning to use my MB.

Do you have the MDE app? They should show there in the “tickets and passes” tab.
Thank you! I kept looking in my plans within the app vs “tickets and passes” - I see it there and I added it to my Apple Wallet. Thanks again.

has anyone Been to an after hour event recently and knows if there are photographers available for pics for memory maker? I hope so, as this seems a good way to get some pics without the crowds

has anyone Been to an after hour event recently and knows if there are photographers available for pics for memory maker? I hope so, as this seems a good way to get some pics without the crowds
Pretty sure that’s all there is… at every turn. lol

We were at one last May and there definitely were photographers.

Hi any recent reports on Epcot After Hours? We're looking at getting tickets for the very end of May. I've heard mixed reports on Epcot's. But it's the only after hours even during our stay and it seems like a good way to ride Guardians. Are most of the rides walk-on?

Hi any recent reports on Epcot After Hours? We're looking at getting tickets for the very end of May. I've heard mixed reports on Epcot's. But it's the only after hours even during our stay and it seems like a good way to ride Guardians. Are most of the rides walk-on?
This isn't super recent, but we went in August with the express purpose of riding Guardians over and over again. Guardians was about 35 min each time, and we managed to ride it 5 times. I was honestly a bit disappointed with the wait time, but not sure about the rest of the rides.

End of May most colleges will be out of school and given the long weekend GoTG will likely be in higher demand. I would budget 45 mins to ride GoTG (posted was same as actual). During the first 30-40 mins of extended evening the wait time is longer as the day guests are still being cleared. Frozen and Remy were 30 mins posted.

Edit: This was our experience with extended evening hours (would probably be similar to After Hours +/- 15 mins).

Last edited:
End of May most colleges will be out of school and given the long weekend GoTG will likely be in higher demand. I would budget 45 mins to ride GoTG (posted was same as actual). During the 30-40 mins of extended evening the wait time is longer as the day guests are still being cleared. Frozen and Remy were 30 mins posted.
We did it last year for the first one and were disappointed. We also had wanted to ride GoTG as many times as possible (only got one and waited a long time).

This year we have a longer trip and have decided to spend that money buying ILL to ride GoTG as many times as we want. That way we know that our money is giving us our intended result.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter