AHHH!!! Not ANOTHER EMH morning. A July/August 2013 TR told by a teen! Updated 10/28

Yay for getting your money's worth at Crystal Palace! That's the reason why we don't do many buffets. I'm afraid that I'll have one plate and be done, and if so, that would be one EXPENSIVE plate of food even if there were character interactions too!

Ahaha! I understand! If you don't eat a lot it would be expensive, but I eat loads so it's okay!! Lol! The capharacter interactiobs are great!!!

Great trip report! I haven't read all the questions.. but was wondering-- did you prefer Universal to disney or vice versa?

thanks! I'm glad you like it! Vice versa! Disney over universal anyway. I mean universal has so e great coasters and the harry potter section is amazing, it just doesn't do what Disney does to me. I love the magical atmosphere at Disney, as well as the perfectly themed attractions, it's all just so amazing! I just love Disney!

Looks like you had a great time at Crystal Palace :)

I can't believe you ate so much though, where do you put it? :rotfl:

You write very well. Very entertaining! I stumbled across your TR and glad I did. I have a 14 year old son and reading a report from a teen's perspective is very cool. Looking forward to reading more.

Oh my goodness, Rachel, I didn't know you were on the DIS! I'm disneymom1024 on Instagram. :goodvibes I just wanted to comment & subscribe but I'll have to go back and read sometime this week. So excited to see you have a trip report! I have an ongoing one from our October 2013 trip (link's in my signature) if you are interested. :goodvibes:goodvibes

You write very well. Very entertaining! I stumbled across your TR and glad I did. I have a 14 year old son and reading a report from a teen's perspective is very cool. Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you! Hopefully they'll be more sometime this week!

Oh my goodness, Rachel, I didn't know you were on the DIS! I'm disneymom1024 on Instagram. :goodvibes I just wanted to comment & subscribe but I'll have to go back and read sometime this week. So excited to see you have a trip report! I have an ongoing one from our October 2013 trip (link's in my signature) if you are interested. :goodvibes:goodvibes

HEY GIRL!!! I didn't know you were on the DIS either!!! I'm glad you commented! I'll definitely get round to reading yours at some point! Thank you for subscribing!

Starting to get caught up...I'm leaving the reply window open so I don't forget all of the things I want to comment on as I read!

The picture of you as you are going under the Disney World sign is just adorable. :goodvibes The rooms at the Dolphin look so nice! It's great that you can sleep 5 there and still get the perks of staying in a Disney resort without paying the steep Disney resort prices.

So nice that you were able to get some one on one time with your dad around the Boardwalk! It looks so pretty there as everything is lighting up at night. That's one area I always want to visit on our trips but we still haven't made it there yet.

Breakfast at Cape May looks fun!! Lots of delicious food, and the characters look absolutely adorable in their swim gear. The picture of Goofy sitting at your table is so cute!

Love it when our first park is MK! That's when I always feel like our trip has officially started. And woo hoo for short waits! That's always a good thing. The dessert party looks amazing! So many good desserts to choose from while watching some amazing entertainment.

I am really going to miss the character trails at Camp Minnie-Mickey now that it's gone! And I'm so jealous of the friend of Pocahontas you found. I looked for her on our trip and didn't see her!

Great safari pics, especially of the baby elephant!! What a cute little guy. :goodvibes

Man, it's just not a proper trip until your first Mickey bar. :thumbsup2

6 times on Everest in one day?? That's IMPRESSIVE! But what a bummer about the rain messing up your chance to see the AK parade. :worried: It's a really great parade!

We stayed at the Royal Pacific this past trip too for the unlimited EP. Such a beautiful resort! Getting into the parks early is a great benefit too.

We adored Minion Mayhem!! Our whole family really enjoys Despicable Me, and Universal really needed more rides that little ones can go on, so that was a great addition to the park. :thumbsup2

Revenge of the Mummy...best ride at Universal!! I just love it so much and I could literally ride it all day. Disaster is pretty funny too.

We like Men In Black more than Buzz, mostly because you can actually see what you are shooting at. :rotfl: Also, MiB is a great movie, you should check it out!! Very funny!

Cute pics with the Simpsons characters. :rotfl:

:lmao: Love the selfies your family took on your phone. That's what happens when you leave it unattended!!

Ugh, yes, the no wi-fi at the resort was SO annoying!! I think they recently added it or are adding it in the near future though, so that will be good for our next trip, as we plan on staying there again.

Your poor dad on FJ! That ride made me feel pretty queasy too, but it was totally worth it because it was AMAZING!! I'm a huge HP nerd, so I was thrilled to finally get to experience it this past trip!

How fun that the twins got picked at Ollivander's!!! I'm not ashamed to admit, I kind of hoped I would get picked when we went, although obviously, they choose kids most of the time. :lmao:

Mmmm, frozen Butterbeer is sooooo delicious!

The launch on the Hulk always makes me have to catch my breath. Love it!!

Yay for a short wait for Splash! Absolutely my favorite!

Breakfast at CP is one of our favorite character meals. The food is so good and so is the character interaction. Puffed French toast is something I crave all year long until we go back!

I'm all caught up!! Really love your writing style & photos. :lovestruc Looking forward to more updates!!

Starting to get caught up...I'm leaving the reply window open so I don't forget all of the things I want to comment on as I read!

The picture of you as you are going under the Disney World sign is just adorable. :goodvibes The rooms at the Dolphin look so nice! It's great that you can sleep 5 there and still get the perks of staying in a Disney resort without paying the steep Disney resort prices.

So nice that you were able to get some one on one time with your dad around the Boardwalk! It looks so pretty there as everything is lighting up at night. That's one area I always want to visit on our trips but we still haven't made it there yet.

Breakfast at Cape May looks fun!! Lots of delicious food, and the characters look absolutely adorable in their swim gear. The picture of Goofy sitting at your table is so cute!

Love it when our first park is MK! That's when I always feel like our trip has officially started. And woo hoo for short waits! That's always a good thing. The dessert party looks amazing! So many good desserts to choose from while watching some amazing entertainment.

I am really going to miss the character trails at Camp Minnie-Mickey now that it's gone! And I'm so jealous of the friend of Pocahontas you found. I looked for her on our trip and didn't see her!

Great safari pics, especially of the baby elephant!! What a cute little guy. :goodvibes

Man, it's just not a proper trip until your first Mickey bar. :thumbsup2

6 times on Everest in one day?? That's IMPRESSIVE! But what a bummer about the rain messing up your chance to see the AK parade. :worried: It's a really great parade!

We stayed at the Royal Pacific this past trip too for the unlimited EP. Such a beautiful resort! Getting into the parks early is a great benefit too.

We adored Minion Mayhem!! Our whole family really enjoys Despicable Me, and Universal really needed more rides that little ones can go on, so that was a great addition to the park. :thumbsup2

Revenge of the Mummy...best ride at Universal!! I just love it so much and I could literally ride it all day. Disaster is pretty funny too.

We like Men In Black more than Buzz, mostly because you can actually see what you are shooting at. :rotfl: Also, MiB is a great movie, you should check it out!! Very funny!

Cute pics with the Simpsons characters. :rotfl:

:lmao: Love the selfies your family took on your phone. That's what happens when you leave it unattended!!

Ugh, yes, the no wi-fi at the resort was SO annoying!! I think they recently added it or are adding it in the near future though, so that will be good for our next trip, as we plan on staying there again.

Your poor dad on FJ! That ride made me feel pretty queasy too, but it was totally worth it because it was AMAZING!! I'm a huge HP nerd, so I was thrilled to finally get to experience it this past trip!

How fun that the twins got picked at Ollivander's!!! I'm not ashamed to admit, I kind of hoped I would get picked when we went, although obviously, they choose kids most of the time. :lmao:

Mmmm, frozen Butterbeer is sooooo delicious!

The launch on the Hulk always makes me have to catch my breath. Love it!!

Yay for a short wait for Splash! Absolutely my favorite!

Breakfast at CP is one of our favorite character meals. The food is so good and so is the character interaction. Puffed French toast is something I crave all year long until we go back!

I'm all caught up!! Really love your writing style & photos. :lovestruc Looking forward to more updates!!

Sorry it took so long to reply to this lovely comment, thank you for taking the time to write it, it really touched my heart!
I love going under that sign! The dolphin is beautiful, i absolutely love it to pieces! its a cheap option, yet you still get all the perks.
The boardwalk is probably one of my favourite places on Disney property, its so beautiful, especially in the evening, you should definitely go check it out!
Cape may cafe was fabulous, i loved it! The characters were so great and goofy was hilarious! I love having Magic Kingdom as the first park too, you just wanna see the castle. The dessert party was absolutely amazing, it was better than i even imagined. The desserts were so good and the view was just priceless!
Im gonna miss the greeting trails as well. I didn't even know the friend of pocahontas until a few months later, i looked at the photo and i was so amazed that it was her! She did an amazing job, shes the perfect Poca!
Love Mickey bars- so good!
I thought i was gonna get on it once that day but i managed six! I was so happy! Animal Kingdom wasn't too busy at all which was awesome!
The Royal pacific was amazing, so pretty and a decent price as well! It had some great benefits. I am a HUGE Dispicable me fans so i was so excited to go on that ride! It was amazing! I agree, especially at the studios park, there isn't alot for kids. Revenge of the Mummy is so amazing, i loved it!
Im not a fan of the shooting games, men in black was fun, but i couldn't do it so i dont think i enjoyed it as much. I do prefer it to Buzz though, i do not understand Buzz, my friend loves it. All i ever get is 0 :rotfl:
I hated the fact that there was no wifi and im so glad to hear that theyre putting it in. I really wanted to talk to my friends back home via facebook and tell them about my trip. Especially TWWOHP, because loads of my friends are massive harry potter fans.
FJ is so rough, yet absolutely amazing. I only started to feel queasy once i found out my dad was sick, so i dont think it was to do with the ride, but im kind of wary to go on again. It was such a great ride though! I absolutely love it.
I wanted to get picked too, haha! I like stood myself right in front of him, trying to get him to pick me. Haha!
I absolutely LOVED the Hulk, especially the launch, it makes me catch mine a bit too! It's so much fun!
Splash is my favourite too! So perfect! I love everything about it!
I too, love the Crystal Palace, it's amazing! The food, the interactions, the smell, the atmosphere, just everything! It's all so amazing! One of my favourite restaurants for sure!
Yay! Thank you! I love your trip report too, i think we have a similar writing style, i love it! Hopefully a couple of updates tomorrow! Thanks again for your lovely detailed comment! I loved replying! :cheer2:princess:

Cruisin through the Jungle
It was getting very close to the end of our fastpass return time for Big Thunder Mountain. Katie and I had eaten all we could, we were absolutely stuffed! So any guesses what we did next?
Go on a rollercoaster… how sensible! Sorry, not sorry!
We left the others in the Crystal Palace to settle the bill and Katie and I skipped through Adventureland all the way to Big Thunder Mountain! It was a really fun ride as always, and you’ll be glad to know we hung on to our Big breakfast!
I just had to take some piccys of my favourite!

I called mum and she told us to head to Jungle Cruise. We got there and we waited for about ten minutes until they arrived. Apparently somehow we had Jungle Cruise fastpasses, I don’t remember when we got them. When we left Crystal Palace the others had some more fun with Pooh and friends. Emma even got to bounce with Tigger!

We walked right on and got on our boat. I don’t remember our skippers name but she was really good fun! It certainly was entertaining!

Once we came off Jungle cruise, I asked my dad to get fastpasses for the princesses. I checked the app and it said that Aladdin and Jasmine were to start in about 15 minutes, which was convenient, considering we were already in Adventureland. There was already a queue, but we didn’t mind.
They were such good characters. Jasmine asked us who the cheeky monkey out of Emma, Katie and I was, Katie and I pointed at Emma. Aladdin was so perfect, he looked just like him.

We then walked back into fantasyland, past my tower.

We were headed for one of my favourite attractions in all of Disney. Mickeys Philarmagic!
Up Next- have a philarmagical day!

That is such a good picture of the Jungle Cruise elephants!! I love it!:thumbsup2

Great update! I don't know if I still have the stamina to eat a huge breakfast and then hit a roller coaster. I know at your age, I could have though! :rotfl: Glad to know no one had to see what you had for breakfast after the ride. :thumbsup2

WOW, Jasmine is stunning!!! Never met her & Aladdin yet, but looks like you had a great meet with them!

Whoops..fell behind again *sigh*
Glad you guys had a fun morning with some extra characters and some good rides! Jungle cruise is such a gamble somedays lol, if you don't get a good skipper it can be not so great, so I'm glad you had a good one!!

Great update! I don't know if I still have the stamina to eat a huge breakfast and then hit a roller coaster. I know at your age, I could have though! :rotfl: Glad to know no one had to see what you had for breakfast after the ride. :thumbsup2

WOW, Jasmine is stunning!!! Never met her & Aladdin yet, but looks like you had a great meet with them!

Haha, yeah. At least Thunders not very rough! Yes, she was. You definitely should try and meet them next time, they are so great to meet, especially when theyre together!:goodvibes

Whoops..fell behind again *sigh*
Glad you guys had a fun morning with some extra characters and some good rides! Jungle cruise is such a gamble somedays lol, if you don't get a good skipper it can be not so great, so I'm glad you had a good one!!

It's ok, im quite behind with yours too, ill have to have a major catch up session soon! :rotfl:Yeah, we were really lucky with our skipper! I do love jungle cruise, but the skipper is part of the ride, it's just not the same!:goodvibes

Have a philarmagical day!
I was so excited to go on this again, I love it! We grabbed our opera glasses and the doors opened for us to go in.
But first, let me take a selfie

I love everything about it’s just so cute! I love it at the end when Donald’s stuck in the wall, it’s hilarious!
Afterwards we looked around the gift shop, which is really awesome, I don’t know why, I think that’s one of my favourite stores in WDW. There’s so much Mickey and Minnie it’s unbelievable!

We then went over to the sleepy hollow to have a drink because it was so hot and we were all really thirsty. I just got a coke and so did my mum. Dad had an ice cream float and I don’t remember what my sisters had. We just sat there and chilled for a bit until I decided to check the my Disney experience app and see if Tiana was due to arrive soon and sure enough she was, so we joined the line which was already pretty lengthy.
The Tiana was beautiful, she looked so alike to Tiana and I was impressed!

We then went to our spot where we viewed the Electrical parade from the other day and waited for our final viewing of Celebrate a dream come true! At the time, I completely forgot it would be my last time seeing it! I love the music to this parade, it’s so inspiring. While I love the floats in the new Festival of Fantasy parade, I feel like the music is letting it down a bit. I don’t know, I just love The celebrate a dream come true music so much!

Up next- Celebrating a dream come true for the last time​

I've been reading without saying anything but that photo of Emma and Katie with Thing 1 and Thing 2 is adorable! All your pictures put a smile on my face :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter