Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Oh my goodness, my hubby just got this email from Sobeys My Offers.
We just started him with his own card for the times when we think we can do more than one offer. He has been doing great and is up to 672 Air Miles but they sent this little bit of awesomeness!

Time may be running out to get AIR MILES Gold® status but Sobeys is here to help. All you have to do is use 5 or more of your MyOffers digital coupons before December 31, 2019 and Sobeys will top you up to 1,000 Reward Miles so you can get your status.*

Get Bonus Miles on offers selected just for you + achieve your status for 2020

Has any one here seen this kind of thing before? How do you think I keep track of it, take screen shots of the offers and keep the receipts maybe? I know they have tabs with "loaded" "redeemed" and "expired" but I wonder how accurate they are

We just started him with his own card for the times when we think we can do more than one offer. He has been doing great and is up to 672 Air Miles but they sent this little bit of awesomeness!

Time may be running out to get AIR MILES Gold® status but Sobeys is here to help. All you have to do is use 5 or more of your MyOffers digital coupons before December 31, 2019 and Sobeys will top you up to 1,000 Reward Miles so you can get your status.*

Get Bonus Miles on offers selected just for you + achieve your status for 2020

Has any one here seen this kind of thing before? How do you think I keep track of it, take screen shots of the offers and keep the receipts maybe? I know they have tabs with "loaded" "redeemed" and "expired" but I wonder how accurate they are
Congrats! This is wonderful!! If I knew about this earlier, I would not have worked so hard to get DD to Onyx level!

Lucky on that offer - I'm only 800 from Onyx (and unlikely to get there) but that would have made me try for sure! I would probably keep screenshots and receipts until it all posted.

Lucky on that offer - I'm only 800 from Onyx (and unlikely to get there) but that would have made me try for sure! I would probably keep screenshots and receipts until it all posted.
Congrats! This is wonderful!! If I knew about this earlier, I would not have worked so hard to get DD to Onyx level!

The weird thing is I have been collecting for years and have used the digital My Offers from Sobeys for as long as they have been doing them but I rarely get incentives.
He has only been doing this for a while so I wonder if it is randomized rather than targeted.
My daughter's boyfriend just started a job with a marketing company that designs reward systems for small businesses so when I get the chance I am going to pick his brain on this.

Completely off topic: anyone else have luggage addiction? One my local Bentley stores is closing and the store is 30-50% off. DD11 needs her own large piece, so she might have to inherent mine so I can buy a new one.
uhm YES! I don't ever actually buy any but i spend far too much time looking, lifting, caressing, dreaming .. we have more luggage than we need but it just has a real pull on me :P

We just replaced all our luggage. When we were at WDW in March, I needed an extra suitcase to get all my purchases and birthday gifts home and while I loved the WDW suitcase I could not justify the price so we went to WalMart. I ended up buying the iFly soft-sided luggage. It was $72 USD and weighs almost nothing when it is empty so you can stuff it full of YOUR stuff!!!! The bag also has a 10 year warranty. We loved the suitcase so much, that we have replaced all of our luggage with the iFly bags. We currently have 2 black/neon green, 2 brown/orange and 1 grey/purple (as a spare). We just used the bags on our latest trip to WDW and DCL and with the snow on the way home, our bags were covered in salt but a quick wipe of a wet sponge and they are all clean. We did see some very damaged hard sided cases coming out on the belt in Buffalo. Not sure if it happened on the trip or if they were already damaged. If you are looking for luggage, I recommend the iFly bags from Walmart in the USA.

We just replaced all our luggage. When we were at WDW in March, I needed an extra suitcase to get all my purchases and birthday gifts home and while I loved the WDW suitcase I could not justify the price so we went to WalMart. I ended up buying the iFly soft-sided luggage. It was $72 USD and weighs almost nothing when it is empty so you can stuff it full of YOUR stuff!!!! The bag also has a 10 year warranty. We loved the suitcase so much, that we have replaced all of our luggage with the iFly bags. We currently have 2 black/neon green, 2 brown/orange and 1 grey/purple (as a spare). We just used the bags on our latest trip to WDW and DCL and with the snow on the way home, our bags were covered in salt but a quick wipe of a wet sponge and they are all clean. We did see some very damaged hard sided cases coming out on the belt in Buffalo. Not sure if it happened on the trip or if they were already damaged. If you are looking for luggage, I recommend the iFly bags from Walmart in the USA.

I totally second this!

My daughter needed a carry on. I happened to notice a sale online for iFly luggage at Best Buy Canada. I had never heard of them but I took a gamble because it was 39.99 shipped to my door for a 22" carry on with 360 wheels etc

She LOVES this little suitcase. It really feels like a high end product.

Best Buy does not sell iFly anymore. Thanks for the tip on WalMart USA @Mickey&JoshNut I will look there for more

Well I'm hoping for a Blue Friday before the end of the year. I'm just waiting for a couple of shops from Shop the block to post and our Am from using our bmo cc...then I will only need around 300 AM to get to onyx again this year. I have two more days of work at the day job...I work both Sat and Sun at the second job...then I will sit down and hopefully be able to do some surveys for a few miles...but I'm scrambling to get enough to hit the magical 6000 Am. Crossing my fingers I can pull it off.

I will be stocking up on chips at Sobeys (buy 9 bags, get 95 AM), I am sure I could get them cheaper elsewhere but I want the airmiles. And kiddo will be super happy lol.

Oh, the Rexall flu shot points, I haven't seen those yet either. I wasn't sure when they are supposed to post.

Both my husband and I received a threshold spend offer in MyOffers this week - spend $175 get 150 AMs. It would stack with the 150 AMs offer this weekend. That's way too many groceries tho! Sigh...

Dec 18- Dec 22

This was an email re Foodland I got.
I looked through the Foodland Flyer and don't see it and also it's not under my personal offers either.
I wonder if I could use this offer at Sobeys? Does anyone know?

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Hey all so I finally went back and hug all my purchases figured out for Xmas in July and got Jillian via website chat and boom like that she fixed the staples shop and credited me the 500 ( even tho they gave me 50 airmiles a few weeks back ) so all good and already posted .
thanks to all who helped . Hugs to all I’ll catch up soon
Ohh your luggage story remind and when big kid and I went to Cali we night a suitcase carryon wheeled at tj maxx it was on clearance we saw nothing wrong with it it was very clean in great condition . When we were packing up ...kid puts his hand in front pocket and a boarding pass .. someone had flown within cali with our suitcase . I searched them on fb I was bored and there was a picture of him with her hugging at an airport and you could see the suitcase .
Hugs
T

I'm only watching 2 offers that still need to be posted both are Rexall. One is flu shot email and the other was a 3 day promo in November for using Cash Miles. Other than that everything has posted.
I did the Rexall in November use 95 airmiles and get 50 bonus air miles for all 3 days and only received 100 bonus air miles for 1 and 2 November 2019. I am missing the 50 bonus air miles for one day. The last day of the promo Sunday, 3 November 2019. Is this the day you are missing or different days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter