Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I need to start looking at things like that! I can't have sugar yet but glucose is ok. Not sure how I can figure out how much to use but I'd love to experiment with things I can actually TASTE 👩‍🍳

If you can have 3.25% milk, can you have cream? With blueberry, egg whites and whipping cream you could also make a mousse. Lots of experimenting for sure to maybe make your limited diet more varied in texture and flavour. Good luck!

If you can have 3.25% milk, can you have cream? With blueberry, egg whites and whipping cream you could also make a mousse. Lots of experimenting for sure to maybe make your limited diet more varied in texture and flavour. Good luck!
In the words of my daughter & her wife SQUEEEE!
Once again, Google is my friend --- i found a recipe for meringues that uses a syrup instead of granulated or powdered sugars and several others that show swirling blueberry syrup/jam into them before baking and i already make that on a regular basis, i'll just strain some of it first to get rid of the crazy amount of seeds :P

I can have cream if I'm able to find any from a local dairy that has nothing other than cream in it, most creams have a ton of additives that are out for me. They have been having trouble maintaining supply lately but I'll be sure to keep my eyes open now because, mousse?! Yes please!!!!

I can't thank you enough for reminding me to think outside of the box and you can bet that I'll share my successes and failures over in my Kitchen thread

Once again, Google is my friend --- i found a recipe for meringues that uses a syrup instead of granulated or powdered sugars and several others that show swirling blueberry syrup/jam into them before baking and i already make that on a regular basis, i'll just strain some of it first to get rid of the crazy amount of seeds :P

I can have cream if I'm able to find any from a local dairy that has nothing other than cream in it, most creams have a ton of additives that are out for me. They have been having trouble maintaining supply lately but I'll be sure to keep my eyes open now because, mousse?! Yes please!!!!

I can't thank you enough for reminding me to think outside of the box and you can bet that I'll share my successes and failures over in my Kitchen thread
View attachment 489686
I was thinking that my chicken nuggets were the highlight of today but I’m wrong. You’re excitement is a true highlight!!!!

You're very welcome! So happy you found recipes to try that could work for you!!! Whenever you can add a new food, let us know so we can help you come up with ideas. I hate eggs and the only way I eat them are in cakes, crepes, mousse (using pasteurized egg whites because I don't bake them) or meringues! lol. Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?

I was thinking that my chicken nuggets were the highlight of today but I’m wrong. You’re excitement is a true highlight!!!!
I quote myself....why does autocorrect ALWAYS use the wrong you’re/your and why do I NEVER proof read? If autocorrect is going to anticipate my thoughts at least spell them correctly.

So apparently this is happening. I thought some of you with young kids might like this.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/virginra...as-launched-a-free-bedtime-hotline-1.12154072
Your kids can get a sweet good night bedtime message from Mickey and 4 other Disney characters! Just call 1-877-7-MICKEY. It's the classics Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, or Goofy. The catch: It's only happening until April 30th. Hey, anything that will help get your kids to bed is a win! Thanks, Mickey!

Virgin Radio says it works in Canada as well.
It does work in Canada. I actually tried it a few days ago before sending it to my DIL. I didn't want her to put grandson on the phone and nothing be there. It is very cute, I tried the Mickey one. He says something about him and goofy have put their pj's on and have brushed their teeth and asked if the child has as well. I love when they do these goodnight messages, I just wish they would keep them but I suppose only doing them a few times keeps them fresh.

Walmart home grocery delivery last night.
Ordered 2 weeks ago.

My review,,
Well it was nice to have things delivered to the door.
Got an email that it had left around 3:30pm???
arrived late,,that's understandable.(arrived at 7:10pm).
Quite a few things not available,,oh well.
Fresh produce is questionable quality.(not stuff I would have bought).
Frozen stuff almost unusable,,had already started to defrost!!!:scared:

So I decided that it will be small in store shops (Sobeys,Metro) for me.

Meet *Buddy* my new portable shopping cart.
I also bought a washable liner for him.
No more store shopping carts.
He folds flat and fits in my back seat of the car.1587556001884.png
I can attach my portable hand sanitizer to his handle too.
He should arrive in a couple of days from Home hardware.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Walmart home grocery delivery last night.
Ordered 2 weeks ago.

My review,,
Well it was nice to have things delivered to the door.
Got an email that it had left around 3:30pm???
arrived late,,that's understandable.(arrived at 7:10pm).
Quite a few things not available,,oh well.
Fresh produce is questionable quality.(not stuff I would have bought).
Frozen stuff almost unusable,,had already started to defrost!!!:scared:

So I decided that it will be small in store shops (Sobeys,Metro) for me.

Meet *Buddy* my new portable shopping cart.
I also bought a washable liner for him.
No more store shopping carts.
He folds flat and fits in my back seat of the car.View attachment 489855
I can attach my portable hand sanitizer to his handle too.
He should arrive in a couple of days from Home hardware.

Hugs
Mel
Great idea......but check with the store you want to shop in before you walk in with Buddy. Many stores have not allowed things like that in the past and now some are not even allowing reusable shopping bags. I had to run in to the grocery store my nephew works in to give him some gloves and while I was there I grabbed some milk and yogurt. I brought in my own bag and the cashier flipped out about me using the bag (I'm guessing she's a tad high strung) I had no idea this was a thing....she told me it was to prevent 'cross contamination'. I waited until I got out to the car before I LOL'd. Funny because she was not wearing a mask or gloves and she never cleaned the belt that she put my items on AND she never touched my bags so I don't know what she thinks is going to get contaminated. No way she could possibly know but I've ALWAYS washed my grocery bags and bins after every use.....I'm a germaphobe and have been practising for all this for years.

The reuseable bag thing is a tad strange now, they were allowing them to be used but you had to pack your own stuff, now most places I go now won't let you bring them in (Rexall seems to be an exception). Metro made you pack your own in their plastic bags for a bit, but when I went back they made a joke about how the cashiers were packing the bags again to save time. Which was funny to me because I kept apologizing to the cashier about how long it was taking me when I had to bag my own. I'm pretty good at the places that are set up to bag your own stuff, but there was no where to organize things at Metro. Any way.

Thanks for the heads up re the use of Buddy.
I also wash my reusable bags (bought at Sobeys) after each shop.
I'll report back how it goes.
Hugs
Mel
Given my now, greatly increased, level of germaphobe-y-ness I would LOVE to use my own cart for groceries but I would never fit everything in one of those. The rational side of my brain realizes that I'm perfectly fine bringing my Lysol wipes and wiping down the store cart. :faint:

Last edited:
Great idea......but check with the store you want to shop in before you walk in with Buddy. Many stores have not allowed things like that in the past and now some are not even allowing reusable shopping bags. I had to run in to the grocery store my nephew works in to give him some gloves and while I was there I grabbed some milk and yogurt. I brought in my own bag and the cashier flipped out about me using the bag (I'm guessing she's a tad high strung) I had no idea this was a thing....she told me it was to prevent 'cross contamination'. I waited until I got out to the car before I LOL'd. Funny because she was not wearing a mask or gloves and she never cleaned the belt that she put my items on AND she never touched my bags so I don't know what she thinks is going to get contaminated. No way she could possibly know but I've ALWAYS washed my grocery bags and bins after every use.....I'm a germaphobe and have been practising for all this for years.
If they are not cleaning their shopping carts after each use then definitely my shopping “buddy” is much cleaner. If they want me to use theirs and not allowing me to use mine, they better disinfect one right in front of my face for me. I have my buddy for a long time but its handle is too short for me and the wheels are not big enough to move smoothly on bumps. I can get stuck easily at doorways. So I had it in the trunk but seldom used it before COVID-19. Nowadays I am using it every time I go shopping. I don’t use the liner with cover as some stores don’t want you to put things inside a covered shopping bag. I just put things directly onto the cart without the liner/cover. I spray it once with disinfectant spray before getting into the car to give the disinfectant time to work and get dried. I spray it again after each use before putting it back into the trunk. Most stores are ok with me using the cart so far. Longo’s may not allow as they don’t allow personal shopping bags at all now. I used it at LCBO yesterday. I may turn around and go somewhere else unless I am just buying a handful of things if I can’t shop with my cart.

Given my now, greatly increased, level of germaphobe-y-ness I would LOVE to use my own cart for groceries but I would never fit everything in one of those. The rational side of my brain realizes that I'm perfectly fine bringing my Lysol wipes and wiping down the store cart. :faint:
I can think of lining the cart with thin plastic table cloth/liner but it’s not environmental-friendly. Think about the disposable masks and gloves. We have created so much waste lately because of COVID-19.

I can think of lining the cart with thin plastic table cloth/liner but it’s not environmental-friendly. Think about the disposable masks and gloves. We have created so much waste lately because of COVID-19.

Isn't it a bit ironic? We are using so much more plastic, but pollution from cars and such is lowest levels it's been in who knows how long. I have a friend in South Korea and she posted a picture from a walk in a park she's been to many times, she had no idea there were mountains you could see from it because they are normally hidden by the smog! Crazy. We're trading one for the other.

I do like getting all the plastic bags at the moment, I now have "poop bags" for my dog and for cleaning the litter boxes :) the stock I have from this will last me months though. I used to have a bag holder thing but I got rid of it because we never use plastic bags any more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter