Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Jacqueline have you tried shopping at Metro lately,,how was the shopping bag done at your store?
Hugs
Mel
I've been 3 times since they started the whole COVID-19 thing, first trip they had a line outside, gave me a cart that I watched them wipe down they made me sanitize my hands and my own bags were fine. 2nd trip more restrictions in place, the spacing in line outside was bigger and I was told to take my bags back to the car. I hate their bags, sooo flimsy and I needed far too many for my groceries- 2 week's worth of food! This week's trip Monday, same procedure but much younger people at the door meant far too many people in the store for my liking. I chose to go to a cashier this time because I had no idea how I was gonna deal with 8 cartons of milk in those bags myself! I put one on the belt, left the rest in the cart and had the cashier just ring in 8. I was quickly reminded why we prefer self check OMG stuff was just crammed into the bags, she refused my help.

long way of saying that no personal bags allowed in the store and the cashier bags the groceries. I have no idea if they'd allow Buddy in the store or not but if you tell them it's required for mobility and lean on it they wouldn't be able to refuse :rolleyes1

I've been 3 times since they started the whole COVID-19 thing, first trip they had a line outside, gave me a cart that I watched them wipe down they made me sanitize my hands and my own bags were fine. 2nd trip more restrictions in place, the spacing in line outside was bigger and I was told to take my bags back to the car. I hate their bags, sooo flimsy and I needed far too many for my groceries- 2 week's worth of food! This week's trip Monday, same procedure but much younger people at the door meant far too many people in the store for my liking. I chose to go to a cashier this time because I had no idea how I was gonna deal with 8 cartons of milk in those bags myself! I put one on the belt, left the rest in the cart and had the cashier just ring in 8. I was quickly reminded why we prefer self check OMG stuff was just crammed into the bags, she refused my help.

long way of saying that no personal bags allowed in the store and the cashier bags the groceries. I have no idea if they'd allow Buddy in the store or not but if you tell them it's required for mobility and lean on it they wouldn't be able to refuse :rolleyes1
I think all the stores are getting stricter and stricter. Carrying out two weeks worth of grocery in those bags is not easy. What if I use their disinfectant to wipe down buddy in front of their faces. Can I get to keep buddy with me (with tearful puppy eyes)!

I’ve only been doing grocery pickups at Walmart and Superstore and they have stopped charging for their plastic bags. Not sure we will reuse their plastic bags due to contamination. Most people I know are just throwing them out.

Thanks for sharing Jacqueline,,I'll report back after my next shopping.
Hugs
Mel

I’ve only been doing grocery pickups at Walmart and Superstore and they have stopped charging for their plastic bags. Not sure we will reuse their plastic bags due to contamination. Most people I know are just throwing them out.
Why are you throwing them out? If you're concerned about contamination you can just leave them for the 3 days *they* say the virus is able to survive on plastic. Here's what i do (with photographic proof cause why not :P holy messy basement batman ) The reusable ones are what i used to get my milk in from the car, those got a good wash out as well.
After I've unloaded the groceries onto my "dirty" spot in the kitchen and have gone thru our silly clean up procedure I gather them up, take them down to the basement and tie them to my clothes rack come back up and wash my hands. I just leave them hanging around for several days. Once they're *fully cooked* <snicker> they come upstairs to be used for garbage bags! If you have a garage, just toss them out there for a few days.

I'm soooo excited! I'll soon get to post the first EPIC FAIL over in my kitchen thread ... and I've documented it from beginning to end since it was pretty obvious early on in the process that it wasn't going to turn out AND i wasn't going to do anything other than throw out the mess, might as well keep going for the humour value! This way you can all laugh along with me

Last edited:
Does anyone know why Indigo giftcards take so long to get emailed to recipients? I ordered one at 8 a.m. this morning thru the airmilesshops portal, and it was only sent to the recipient at 9:30 p.m. It was a birthday present for a kid who has already gone to bed! The consistent delay on those gift cards is really strange.

Does anyone know why Indigo giftcards take so long to get emailed to recipients? I ordered one at 8 a.m. this morning thru the airmilesshops portal, and it was only sent to the recipient at 9:30 p.m. It was a birthday present for a kid who has already gone to bed! The consistent delay on those gift cards is really strange.
I've waited as long as 24 hours for those things to show up! Annoying because you never know when it will be delayed, sometimes you get it within minutes. I ordered several at one time (long story that's not important :P ) and one appeared immediately the next one took about an hour and the final one (which was actually the FIRST ordered) took 24 hours 🤷‍♀️

I'm soooo excited! I'll soon get to post the first EPIC FAIL over in my kitchen thread ... and I've documented it from beginning to end since it was pretty obvious early on in the process that it wasn't going to turn out AND i wasn't going to do anything other than throw out the mess, might as well keep going for the humour value! This way you can all laugh along with me

View attachment 489949

Ok I am patiently waiting.
1587658405347.png
Hugs
Mel

my grumble for today: someone stole our christmas light projector! we still have our lights and one of those inflatables up. they aren’t seasonally appropriate, but they make the kiddo happy so they’re staying. the projector fell over as the snow melted, so i tucked it along the side of the house. today, it’s gone.

i wish i could tell the person who took it they’re taking metaphoric candy from an actual baby.

if i’m talking to them, i would also probably mention that we still have the remote...

my grumble for today: someone stole our christmas light projector! we still have our lights and one of those inflatables up. they aren’t seasonally appropriate, but they make the kiddo happy so they’re staying. the projector fell over as the snow melted, so i tucked it along the side of the house. today, it’s gone.

i wish i could tell the person who took it they’re taking metaphoric candy from an actual baby.

if i’m talking to them, i would also probably mention that we still have the remote...
Oh goodness! It means someone actually walked to the side of your house during physical distancing to take it away. Take care and stay safe!

Oh goodness! It means someone actually walked to the side of your house during physical distancing to take it away. Take care and stay safe!

We have a corner lot, so the side of the house is along a walkway. They’d still have to come on to our property, but I left it too visible.

I really should have put it away better, I was just busy and forgot. But still...what a thing to take at a time like this!

Just back from a Sobeys shop. I was shopping for myself, MIL and her neighbour. I knew I was going to finally make my thresdhold spend. :) Check out and looking at the receipt on my way out the door and no loaded offers on my receipt.

I know the people in the store can't do anything and that I would have to wait until I got home to call. I loaded all the offers yesterday on my computer and checked them again this morning. Everything was fine. I forgot to check a third time on the app when I entered the store (my bad).

I called Sobeys help line and they did say they added the offers for me and they should show up in my account in 7-10 days. Normally I wouldn't have called for a few loaded offers but in these AM drought days (and I made a special trip to that store) I followed up.

The store was lovely and everything was in stock except yeast and flour but I wasn't really looking for those. On the yeast front DH saw a report on why there is a yeast shortage. Yeast had a lead time that can't be changed (you can't rush the production), so there's that and then the source for some of their packaging is India which is closed for a month. Who ever would have thought.

Yeast and flour seem to be low everywhere here too! I did two shopping runs this morning. First one for my friends who are still fighting their COVID-19 infections (he tested negative last week but positive again this week as he needs two negative tests before going back to work in a nursing home and she had symptoms but no test since she works from home anyway) at Provigo (Loblaws) and for ourselves at IGA (Sobeys). Both orders were huge so there was no way I could have combined them. Every week I hope my grocery bill will be lower and every week it's over 300$!!! Our grocery budget increased by 30% since we are home. And of course, no AM other than the 1AM/20$ base offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter