Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I think like the look of CBR more than CSR, and like you said, it's a skyliner resort! I think it went through a refurb in the past year or so.

I'm going to check out some reviews on the two this weekend, and hopefully make a decision...

So we ended up booking Caribbean Beach Resort - just waiting for the confirmations, but new dates and CBR show up in MDE.

Now for the fun morning I had. I called Disney World to find out about our 7 day flex passes. I was trying to find out if they could extend them. I was told no, since we got them from a third party (Air Miles). They said to call Air Miles, and if Air Miles couldn't extend them, then I would have to contact Disney World again to get credit back for the park hoppers we added to the tickets through the Disney website. (45 Minutes on the phone for call 1).

So, I called Air Miles, and was told that since I bought the tickets in January 2020, and not March 2020, they couldn't extend the tickets, and I would have to send them back to Air Miles, registered mail, and wait for the refund and wait for Air Miles to get tickets in stock again. Ugh. (47 minutes on the phone for call 2).

I called back Disney World, explained the situation again, and the cast member I spoke to put me through to ticket services. I explained everything yet again to the ticket services cast member, and he was able to change the tickets to add a year on to them. We've kept the hopper on as well, as the cast member (Drew) said, they're hoping to have the park hopper back by then. If not, we'll get credit for the hoppers when we go. It ended up costing $43 ish USD per ticket for the extra year, and I'm fine with that - I'm relieved it's done and the count down is back on! (73 minutes on call 3).

DD and I spent about 30 minutes choosing our park days and made our reservations.

What a morning.

Hi everyone, for those with Android phones, there is an offer under Samsung Pay for this week and next:

Show your card using Samsung Pay 3x per week and get 95 Air Miles each week.

My husband and I will both do this and we'll get 380 Air Miles with no minimum spend. :)

I got that one! plus a bonus 7 AM from Shell for something... strange. At least that one worked!

My Staples order arrived --took only 2 days.
And yes if I have to go back to work in Sept I am going prepared! I ordered
12 bottles of fragrance free One Step (Live Clean) hand sanitizer,one bottle of rubbing alcohol (device cleaning) and one large bottle of liquid hand soap. I need stock up on more paper towels as I refuse to use our schools hand dryers.
All arrived nicely packed in plastic bags and I picked up a few Airmiles.

Hugs
Mel

So we ended up booking Caribbean Beach Resort - just waiting for the confirmations, but new dates and CBR show up in MDE.

Now for the fun morning I had. I called Disney World to find out about our 7 day flex passes. I was trying to find out if they could extend them. I was told no, since we got them from a third party (Air Miles). They said to call Air Miles, and if Air Miles couldn't extend them, then I would have to contact Disney World again to get credit back for the park hoppers we added to the tickets through the Disney website. (45 Minutes on the phone for call 1).

So, I called Air Miles, and was told that since I bought the tickets in January 2020, and not March 2020, they couldn't extend the tickets, and I would have to send them back to Air Miles, registered mail, and wait for the refund and wait for Air Miles to get tickets in stock again. Ugh. (47 minutes on the phone for call 2).

I called back Disney World, explained the situation again, and the cast member I spoke to put me through to ticket services. I explained everything yet again to the ticket services cast member, and he was able to change the tickets to add a year on to them. We've kept the hopper on as well, as the cast member (Drew) said, they're hoping to have the park hopper back by then. If not, we'll get credit for the hoppers when we go. It ended up costing $43 ish USD per ticket for the extra year, and I'm fine with that - I'm relieved it's done and the count down is back on! (73 minutes on call 3).

DD and I spent about 30 minutes choosing our park days and made our reservations.

What a morning.
I thought Disney was automatically extending the expiry date to September 2021 at least. Did you have that hassle because you extended it past that date?

My Staples order arrived --took only 2 days.
And yes if I have to go back to work in Sept I am going prepared! I ordered
12 bottles of fragrance free One Step (Live Clean) hand sanitizer,one bottle of rubbing alcohol (device cleaning) and one large bottle of liquid hand soap. I need stock up on more paper towels as I refuse to use our schools hand dryers.
All arrived nicely packed in plastic bags and I picked up a few Airmiles.

Hugs
Mel

Our school board has this included in their plan:
Hand Dryers and paper towels
During the initial phase of return to in-person instruction at schools, all electric hand dryers will be marked as out of service, and paper towels will be placed in bathrooms.

Their plan is actually pretty detailed which I appreciate. Sounds like you are getting all set though! That's good.

Our school board has this included in their plan:
Hand Dryers and paper towels
During the initial phase of return to in-person instruction at schools, all electric hand dryers will be marked as out of service, and paper towels will be placed in bathrooms.

Their plan is actually pretty detailed which I appreciate. Sounds like you are getting all set though! That's good.

Hi Hon
,lol,,,and I love yah but,
do you remember your little list you posted elsewhere?? A stack of paper towels in a school washroom is an invitation for a *mung fight* or ceiling redecoration.
(mung fight is when you make paper all soapy wet and fling it at each other).
You should see what they do with the TP supply.
Now if they have said they are upping the staff to monitor this situation then yeah I'll agree that there might be some paper towels available when a student I'm supporting needs them.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Sobeys (Ontario) looks good if you need baby stuff, though I'm not sure spending $50 to get 95 AM is a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter