Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well today I thought Sobeys had posting issues ,,,, but then I had an issue with Shell posting ,,,, and now I can't see the actual charge on my Visa from Shell.
I think there are some Gremlins in the system right now.

Hugs
Mel

Well today I thought Sobeys had posting issues ,,,, but then I had an issue with Shell posting ,,,, and now I can't see the actual charge on my Visa from Shell.

Hugs
Mel
I was flabbergasted that my Shell points from yesterday have posted already. We haven't been getting gas at Shell lately as my brother has been getting gas at Esso and getting a car wash at the same time so I didn't know that they points posted the next day.

I was flabbergasted that my Shell points from yesterday have posted already. We haven't been getting gas at Shell lately as my brother has been getting gas at Esso and getting a car wash at the same time so I didn't know that they points posted the next day.
Mine post in the next ….5 minutes lol it’s basically instant as of…about June (that Ive noticed)

Hugs
Mel

DH was at Shell this evening. I checked as soon as he walked through the door and they were sitting in DS account.

Thanks guys
Shell does post for me (minutes after purchase) but they consistently post the wrong amount. This has been going on since the summer. They advertise a coke + old Dutch chips and sandwich for 35 airmiles.
1631326026816.png
Get 35 Bonus Airmiles with our Sandwich Deal

Some stations post it this way

Zanhk4p.jpg

They should NOT post this way
Ignore the 30 (missing miles offer code) you see as I had to call them to get it added to my account.

lDOiWal.jpg

Why in goodness name it doesn't just post as a 35 Meal Deal Offer is beyond my technical skills.

Also I have bought a few of their buy two chocolate bars get 5 airmiles and never get them.
I have spoken to both Shell & Airmiles with no answers ,,,just we will make it right by giving you the miles now.
I hate chasing miles.

Plus I told them during our weekly chat today that I WANT a Mega Miles Promo
Remember these!!!
1631326153732.png

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Now to even make things more complicated I just found the new Sept 6th to October 31st Shell instore offers.
It now says 20 bonus airmiles for the sandwich deal,,, well they best take those poster signs down.

"Meal Deal Offer valid September 6 – October 31, 2021 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB. BC, and NT only (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you purchase in a single transaction any sandwich or roller grill item PLUS a 55-66g bag of Old Dutch Chips PLUS any Coca-Cola beverage or any size Coffee. Maximum 20 miles per transaction for this promotion. Offer may be combined with other Bonus offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to up to 2 weeks after your transaction for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Product"

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorist...s-terms-and-conditions-1st-september-2021.pdf
And adding all sorts of silly things like max 15 airmiles during a 12 hour time period ,,,really"""""

Mix and Match Promotion Offer valid until October 3, 2021. Get 5 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you buy any 2 products from the snacks (i.e. confectionery, salted, ice cream, fast food) or packaged drink (bottled or canned) categories, AND get an additional 10 Bonus Miles when the above purchase includes at least 1 item from the following list of products: Pepsi 591ml, Kickstart 473ml, Gatorade 591-710ml, Evian 750ml-1L, ArtoLife 700ml-1L, Pure Leaf Tea 547ml & Lipton Tea 500ml, or Rockstar 473 ml. Maximum 15 Bonus Miles from this offer per 12-hour period. A valid AIR MILES Card must be presented/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post transaction for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.

Did I mention I am having a good time shopping at Rexall.
Be Well points
$280 value

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Oh and just to report back that I shopped at Sobeys today and got my bonus offer for next week. Earn 150 air miles when you spend $200 in a single shop next week.. What the heck? Today I barely got to my Mom's loaded offer of $115 and that included purchasing a $10 food bank bag. I guess I will have to figure out if I will be able to use this promo next week.

Oh and just to report back that I shopped at Sobeys today and got my bonus offer for next week. Earn 150 air miles when you spend $200 in a single shop next week.. What the heck? Today I barely got to my Mom's loaded offer of $115 and that included purchasing a $10 food bank bag. I guess I will have to figure out if I will be able to use this promo next week.

So sorry Hon.
While other grocery reward programs seem to be progressing forward ,,,,airmiles is taking quite the nose dive lately.
Better days ahead
Hugs
Mel

Hey guys just sitting here at work and having a horrible rough spell right now. Kept two littles home this year and am working a ton, yesterday long shift full PPE no AC.
EX is here visiting boys. Fully vaxxed pcr negative to enter Canada and get the littlest to hockey last night , I was there bc I knew ex couldn’t enter the arena well OMHA screening is close contact with anyone who has been outside of Canada last 14 days. So 7 who loves hockey more than .. can not attend hockey after dad visiting for 14 days so technically if Dad shows it’s 3/4 weeks he can’t attend,
School screening would allow him to attend , even with a side note saying he can go to the USA and not quarantine for school of there’s a custody agreement. He can come into LTC where I work as can the ex bc they aren’t federally required to quarantine anymore.
Ex screaming at me , he will never see his kid and his visits are more important than hockey . 7 bawling and refused to go back to his hotel and will prob refuse to see him now. Ex starts crying and trying to bribe and manipulate 7 into going back with him.
I’m so over covid . I don’t know how much longer I can do this.

Hey guys just sitting here at work and having a horrible rough spell right now. Kept two littles home this year and am working a ton, yesterday long shift full PPE no AC.
EX is here visiting boys. Fully vaxxed pcr negative to enter Canada and get the littlest to hockey last night , I was there bc I knew ex couldn’t enter the arena well OMHA screening is close contact with anyone who has been outside of Canada last 14 days. So 7 who loves hockey more than .. can not attend hockey after dad visiting for 14 days so technically if Dad shows it’s 3/4 weeks he can’t attend,
School screening would allow him to attend , even with a side note saying he can go to the USA and not quarantine for school of there’s a custody agreement. He can come into LTC where I work as can the ex bc they aren’t federally required to quarantine anymore.
Ex screaming at me , he will never see his kid and his visits are more important than hockey . 7 bawling and refused to go back to his hotel and will prob refuse to see him now. Ex starts crying and trying to bribe and manipulate 7 into going back with him.
Oh man. Dealing with Covid is hard enough, throw in an ex, and an ex from another country where covid doesn't seem to exist in many's eyes... Yikes. Perhaps can he have outside visits with him for now? Is that considered close contact? I know that won't make your ex happy and he'll probably yell and scream some more. Sorry you needed to deal with this on top of everything else.

Ok insert older mom here........:)
So I have lived many a day the way you are ,,being a single mom can be a very lonely road to travel ,and sometimes with the financial weight of the world at your door step.
BUT
One day you will look around and see that YOU did it and did it well!
Isn't it funny that we still concern ourselves with our Ex's wellbeing.
Try to stay focused on your wellbeing Hon!
You've got this.
Happy Hugs being sent your way!
Hugs
Mel

Is there any way you can get your Ex to see it from your child's point of view?
I totally understand that he wants to see his kids and it is admirable that he is making an effort to visit but it should not be at the expense of your children's mental health.
I really hope the tension settles for you TammyLynn, this is such a crappy situation for you.
Hugs to you and your family.

Oh, I am sooo sorry that everyone is having to deal with this. Single parenting/dealing with exes is hard enough at the best of times, and COVID times are definitely NOT the best. One day at a time, one step at a time. I know it feels like we'll never be over this but one day you will look back and pat yourself on the back that you did it. You will gather your strength from your children, your family and friends. And don't be afraid to ask for help sometimes. You would help someone struggling, and others will help you. (((hugs))) from afar.

Last edited:
My kiddo got his second Pfizer today! Two weeks he'll be considered fully vaccinated. Of course I have mixed doses so now travel is difficult because of me instead of him... oh well.

Had 25 AM post from an offer last week (I think?) where I had to load an offer in the app. I think it's the third time I've gotten that offer? Easy one since I don't even have to buy anything! Which is probably good since I haven't really been much effort in lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter