Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Anyone have any experience with this…
My Amex statement is showing -196 miles in the previous billing box but my actual miles for the month are 277. So all I got credit for is the difference.
I guess I have to call Amex? It probably has something to do with having to change accounts.

Where is it I look to see what categories are included in the Amazon AMs? I just placed an order for a patio umbrella and am wondering if it qualifies. It would be good to get those 100 bonus AMs.

Where is it I look to see what categories are included in the Amazon AMs? I just placed an order for a patio umbrella and am wondering if it qualifies. It would be good to get those 100 bonus AMs.

https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/shops/amazon

They list the categories before you click to shop at the store.

To know if your item falls in a category, that is shown near the top of the item in amazon.

I may have steered you wrong earlier today :(
I just spent some time clicking around on Amazon and it looks like patio umbrella's fall under "Patio, Lawn & Garden" NOT outdoor :(
The way I've been able to confirm what category something actually falls under is to save it to my wish list, then go to my list, click on the item and check the category it pops up under. Here's an example of a patio umbrella I searched for and then did the wish list thing
1681700649643.png
Here's something that falls under the "pet" category that I would consider "outdoor" but not amazon!
1681700838728.png
BTW any fellow cat lovers should know that those things are AWESOME - cat TV at it's finest.

If you want to double check, go into your order and click on the item you bought and see what amazon considers it to be part of

If you really want one I can look for it when I'm there in May.....let me know
Ohhhh, tempting tempting, very TEMPTING! I'll think on it and see what reports come out over sales. I know the Figment bucket last year taught them a very good lesson and now you can actually order the special ones in the mobile order and not need to wait in massive lines.

First one, appears to be under the outdoor category BUT for me I wouldn't be ordering it an hoping it would post without needing to chase it down since it is coming from a different country. I do my best to only order things that are fulfilled by Amazon and have 1-2 day delivery. When it's for a promo i tend to go one step further and only order things that are both SOLD and Shipped by Amazon. Bonus right now is you can get $7.00 off if you select to pick-up at a different location
1681752617404.png

The Chromecast is a straight up no, electronics aren't included. However it is available from Staples, Best Buy, The Source and Dell

Happy to report that I made a purchase yesterday at Staples and my regular AirMiles and the bonus 100 miles for spending $100 have already posted. No chasing down any miles.
On another note, last year I needed a new Fitbit and I hummed and hawed about cashing in miles and getting one with my points but I ended up buying it from The Source because I get a discount and I could get an extended warranty. That was a good move since it went dark on Saturday and I have tried every thing that people have suggested and nothing so now I will go back to the Source and figure out what we have to do now. My 1 year warranty is up April 21st so not sure if they will handle getting me a new one or if I have to go directly to FitBit.
And I am going crazy as I don't have a watch and I am so used to one so I am buying a watch battery from Walmart tomorrow and will just use a watch for now. Ramble over now.

Here's a question for those who know. Someone on FB posted this question about if they would get the Shell 100 AM's if they already have the app installed. Reading the terms and conditions, it sort of looks like they will. What say you?
341891799_169077909416936_3066820933962341320_n.jpg

I say no because I didn’t get the miles after the last carousel, I already had the app at that time and received the 100 for downloading it initially.

And because I didn’t get it…no one gets it! :rolleyes:
Thanks for the answer, it makes sense. I've had the app for so long I don't remember. So if she received the 100 from another offer, she is out of luck. I wonder if she did.

Thanks for the answer, it makes sense. I've had the app for so long I don't remember. So if she received the 100 from another offer, she is out of luck. I wonder if she did.
I don’t actually know. The way it’s worded does look like you would get it a second time for the carousel but that is never the case. I guess we wait and see if anyone gets it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter