Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Wasted a bit of my morning chasing down some AMs. My MC cutoff is the 14th of the month, AMs show up on the 15th. I had purchased a $1000 worth of gift cards along with a few other items at Metro on June 1st since the 5 Xs offer started then. When my AMs posted only 3 Xs showed up. This morning I decided to call and check on why. Called MC, spoke with a very nice agent and we discussed. He said it was an AMs issue and I should call them. I have heard that before and after calling AMs they usually send me back to BMO, it's always a catch 22. He assured me they would be able to help.
So, I called AMs and again got a very nice agent. I explain what I had already explained to MC. He was having tech issues so it took a bit for him to get into his system. When he finally did he said, hmmm, looks like the missing AMs posted on the 21st. I refreshed my page and sure enough, there they were. I kind of felt stupid but I had checked just before calling and they were not there.
At least they are there now. It's 174 AMs so I didn't want to just let it go. All together I received 416 AMs just from that purchase so I think that is about a 4% return. I'm okay with that.

need some good thoughts gang. Currently sitting in the vet clinic waiting for them to look at mocha. We've gone to good hours and bad hours and I wish I had someone sitting here with me

While we may not be sitting with you physically, know that we are with you in thought. Hugs, BIG warm hugs. :hug:
We are with you in spirit.

Anyone else get this Metro offer? I'm wondering if I am reading it correctly, 95 bonus miles for cashing in miles, once per day?? You have to opt in, all our accounts have it except for son who only has 85 cash miles.
1687535110109.png

Anyone else get this Metro offer? I'm wondering if I am reading it correctly, 95 bonus miles for cashing in miles, once per day?? You have to opt in, all our accounts have it except for son who only has 85 cash miles.
View attachment 770351
Nope but I did get a reminder about my offer spend $20 get 50 miles but my sister did that for me the other day. She got me this offer plus the spend $50 get 50 offer plus another 10 mile offer so I should earn 110 miles for her shop.

View attachment 770351
I just switched my airmiles to cash...I need a few more to get 95 cash (Shell tomorrow). It will be interesting to see if I get this offer once I hit 95 cash airmiles.
Thanks for posting.
Hugs Mel

Nope but I did get a reminder about my offer spend $20 get 50 miles but my sister did that for me the other day. She got me this offer plus the spend $50 get 50 offer plus another 10 mile offer so I should earn 110 miles for her shop.

Very nice! I've had a few good offers lately but just don't seem to get to Metro as often as I'd like. Nice to have someone to share the shopping!

I just switched my airmiles to cash...I need a few more to get 95 cash (Shell tomorrow). It will be interesting to see if I get this offer once I hit 95 cash airmiles.
Thanks for posting.
Hugs Mel

I often have offers on different weeks than people post here so next week could be a possibility.

Sorry to hear this Jacqueline. Was it her kidney disease?
I took her to the vet yesterday afternoon because she was getting worse, couldn't get comfortable, was moaning in her sleep and just looked miserable. She peed beside the litterbox and the vet thought perhaps she had developed a UTI on top of everything else and a quick urine sample plus antibiotics would perk her up. I knew by the look on her face when she came back out to the waiting room that it wasn't good - there was blood in her urine and elevated sugar levels as well. The time arrived to simply let her go in peace, she was never going to get better, her kidneys were shot. The only thing I would do by bringing her home on higher doses of pain meds would be prolonging both her and my suffering. She HATED the crate so I couldn't do that to her again. I was alone at the time but eventually our daughter dropped what she was doing and drove my hubby to the clinic - I was in no shape to drive myself home with an empty crate and her collar clutched in my hand.

I've spent the day clearing her stuff out of the house and I'll be donating it to either the humane society or putting it on our city's Facebook page "save it from the landfill" page. I need it gone, I'm just gutted

I took her to the vet yesterday afternoon because she was getting worse, couldn't get comfortable, was moaning in her sleep and just looked miserable. She peed beside the litterbox and the vet thought perhaps she had developed a UTI on top of everything else and a quick urine sample plus antibiotics would perk her up. I knew by the look on her face when she came back out to the waiting room that it wasn't good - there was blood in her urine and elevated sugar levels as well. The time arrived to simply let her go in peace, she was never going to get better, her kidneys were shot. The only thing I would do by bringing her home on higher doses of pain meds would be prolonging both her and my suffering. She HATED the crate so I couldn't do that to her again. I was alone at the time but eventually our daughter dropped what she was doing and drove my hubby to the clinic - I was in no shape to drive myself home with an empty crate and her collar clutched in my hand.

I've spent the day clearing her stuff out of the house and I'll be donating it to either the humane society or putting it on our city's Facebook page "save it from the landfill" page. I need it gone, I'm just gutted

I am so very sorry to read this but please know that you did the best thing for her.

When my friends next door lost their last dog, I took everything dog related from their home and donated it for them the next day.

I can feel your pain through your post. Just know that she is relieved from her pain and she thanks you for being so selfless in letting her go to the Rainbow Bridge. *hugs*

:grouphug: I'm sorry that you had to go through this alone, Jacqueline. I do understand how you feel. We chose to give everything to my sister's cat, save the carrier and the litter box. That I've tucked away until we can no longer travel, in case I change my mind.

Mocha lived her best life these past months, and she crossed the 🏳️‍🌈 bridge knowing she was loved. Expect some sad moments but let the happy memories wash over you to help ease the pain. Hugs from all of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter