Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I ran to Safeway on the weekend, just to pick up a couple things...was able to snag 68 miles for 55.00. I might be going back...they sent me a couple good load and go coupons ( a 4L of milk for 10 miles :woohoo:is one!! ) so I'll probably head back for a few more items. I haven't really shopped much between Blue Fridays...soooo I'll take some coupons if they'll send them to me.

Gosh, Metro are being slow pokes. I have shopped there a ton in the last 3 weeks because of the bonus card they sent me. They owe me over 400 miles and none have posted yet. I've never had that happen before they usually post within 7 days of the end of the week that I shopped.

I'm in the same boat. My Metro AM which should have posted last Thursday are still MIA. Hopefully this week they will be there.

Anyone get an email coupon from Rexall yet?
My Metro miles are ALWAYS extremely slow to post. We shop there every Sunday and just this morning I'm seeing the miles from May 23rd posting. Those receipts litter my desk ... I've had it go as long as 2 months during our store's renovations.

*** JUST now got the e-mail from Rexall with the coupon
Spend $40.00 get 95 AM Valid June 12th till ONLY Wed. 14th
Might see another larger one show up for Thursday??? OH, i had already posted a link to the coupon on the 1st page BTW since i received it early Friday for some strange reason in a different format. I've updated it to this one so it's more "familiar"

Last edited:
There is an image for the daily card on post 13,505 Smart Canucks forum here:
https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/23424-safeways-sweet-airmiles-deals-canada-901/
Though it's not a direct link.

Unless the bar code is specific to each recipient, the link to the card was probably sent to a few hundred thousand collectors. And IMO is just like using the survey coupon that I complete and share here. Or the email coupon that Donald my Hero shares regularly.

It may say 'just for you' but I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing.

Just back from a Rexall trip. I tried this Spend $25 get 40AM (link above) along with my email coupon and a coupon I get on the receipt (Ottawa area thing?) and all three worked. The cashier asked where I got the coupon and I said "Through an email" (not mine but that's a small bit of information I chose to omit). Thought I'd report back so others can try it too.

Thanks Donald, I am nothing if not a creature of habit (same format, same place) I'll check page one from now on. I was impatient this morning to get going and my one email didn't come through but I checked another one and there was one there that I used.

There is an image for the daily card on post 13,505 Smart Canucks forum here:
https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/23424-safeways-sweet-airmiles-deals-canada-901/
Though it's not a direct link.

Unless the bar code is specific to each recipient, the link to the card was probably sent to a few hundred thousand collectors. And IMO is just like using the survey coupon that I complete and share here. Or the email coupon that Donald my Hero shares regularly.

It may say 'just for you' but I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing.

Just back from a Rexall trip. I tried this Spend $25 get 40AM (link above) along with my email coupon and a coupon I get on the receipt (Ottawa area thing?) and all three worked. The cashier asked where I got the coupon and I said "Through an email" (not mine but that's a small bit of information I chose to omit). Thought I'd report back so others can try it too.
I'm gonna say that YES these coupons are in some way specific to the person they are sent to -- or at least region specific. I thought i would track it down in case i discover some things i NEED to buy before the week is over and found some fine print.
  • Offer valid at Rexall Brunswick House Location at 481 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M5S 1Y2.
SO, unless you somehow zipped down to Toronto and got home REALLY quickly @ottawamom i wouldn't be overly surprised if they don't actually post to your account! I've had a few loadngo offers appear on the receipt after they've already been used and then only get credited the one time they're actually valid for.

I read that line too. But then a little further down it said that it was good at all participating locations in ...provinces. I was going to use the email coupon anyway so I tacked it one to see what happens. I'll report back tomorrow and let everyone know if it posted. (Nothing ventured nothing gained)

I'm gonna say that YES these coupons are in some way specific to the person they are sent to -- or at least region specific. I thought i would track it down in case i discover some things i NEED to buy before the week is over and found some fine print.
  • Offer valid at Rexall Brunswick House Location at 481 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M5S 1Y2.
SO, unless you somehow zipped down to Toronto and got home REALLY quickly @ottawamom i wouldn't be overly surprised if they don't actually post to your account! I've had a few loadngo offers appear on the receipt after they've already been used and then only get credited the one time they're actually valid for.
This coupon was emailed to me as well with the Bloor St location listed like above. I think it might be standard though because I live almost 4 hours away from Toronto and have never shopped at that Rexall

Received an email for "Summer for Miles" additional bonus coupons to use at Rexall on specific products. They are also listed in the Offers section of my airmiles account. Effective today until June 25. These are different offers from Load and Go offers

I am going to buy one Costa coffee a day for a month! Can't believe they limit it to one a day. The Shell close by where I live offers $1 regular Costa coffee on Mondays in June. I hope the Mega Miles would be posted sooner than mid-July. I need one more special Canadian ticket and I hope they are still available by then.

I am going to Foodland again for the chicken wings and Kraft dinner. I went on Saturday. Spent $101 and got 255 miles.

I am going to buy one Costa coffee a day for a month! Can't believe they limit it to one a day. The Shell close by where I live offers $1 regular Costa coffee on Mondays in June. I hope the Mega Miles would be posted sooner than mid-July. I need one more special Canadian ticket and I hope they are still available by then.

I am going to Foodland again for the chicken wings and Kraft dinner. I went on Saturday. Spent $101 and got 255 miles.

I just passed an extra airmiles card to my son who actually drinks the costa coffee, thanks for the Monday tip.
I also plan to go back to Foodland for another shop to pick up some more Prime Chicken.
Hugs Mel

My spend $25, get 40 miles from my Saturday night shop posted today. And I am hours from Toronto :)

Glad it will work for all of us since I didn't get that email either!

I notice they updated the AM app (at least for Android) and it got rid of the "check in" thing I never used. added some offers that I'm not sure are really offers but perhaps just current AM deals that I may be interested in?

Also got an email for limited time offers on all my summer essentials at Rexall. Printable coupons that are different from the Load N Go.

I've been watching flights for December and it's frustrating, none are the "deal" price of 2800 AM, and I can't seem to get direct both ways if we cruise from FLL. I may end up using AM for the flights down and pay for the way home. Not sure it's the best deal but I need to save something on this trip! I've never done flights with two airlines before, WestJet down and Air Canada home... hopefully that isn't a problem.

My spend $25, get 40 miles from my Saturday night shop posted today. And I am hours from Toronto :)

Glad it will work for all of us since I didn't get that email either!
Did you just show the Smartcanucks page that had the barcode or how did you do that?

I notice they updated the AM app (at least for Android) and it got rid of the "check in" thing I never used. added some offers that I'm not sure are really offers but perhaps just current AM deals that I may be interested in?

Also got an email for limited time offers on all my summer essentials at Rexall. Printable coupons that are different from the Load N Go.

I've been watching flights for December and it's frustrating, none are the "deal" price of 2800 AM, and I can't seem to get direct both ways if we cruise from FLL. I may end up using AM for the flights down and pay for the way home. Not sure it's the best deal but I need to save something on this trip! I've never done flights with two airlines before, WestJet down and Air Canada home... hopefully that isn't a problem.

I have a flight to Florida with Air Canada and coming home it's with Delta but operated by WestJet. I booked both as one way flights and plan on booking one way flights for my trip next May as they don't seem to want to give me the direct flights otherwise.

My Rexall posted from yesterday and the spend $25 get 40AM (email targeted offer but available through a link earlier in this thread) posted as well. I don't think I'll be going more than once per week but I will use it to stack when I can.

Not sure if this was posted but (June 9-15)
Rexall spend $25.00 on Gift Card,Bass Pro,Sears, orUltimate Dining
get 20 airmiles

5_12_0.jpg

OKay - I am super confused over the Shell texting promo. This is the terms and conditions:

1. Text the word SHELL to the phone number 111222 before May 24, 2017. Standard message rates apply.
2. You will then be asked to provide your AIR MILES® Card Number. Enter it and send that as a follow-up text message.
3. Choose which offer you would like to get: Text A if you would like to get 5¢ off per litre on up to 100 L of fuel. Text B if you would like to get 5 AIR MILES Bonus Miles for every $5 you spend, up to a maximum of 50 Bonus Miles.
4. Your offer will be loaded onto your AIR MILES Card and ready to use between June 2 and June 15.

50 Bonus Miles Offer Offer valid June 2 through to June 15, 2017 (the “Offer Period”) at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC and NT only (excluding Flying J locations). Get 5 AIR MILES Bonus Miles for every $5 purchase of any qualifying product(s) at participating Shell locations up to $50. Maximum 50 Miles per Collector Number for this offer. Purchases may be made over multiple transactions and are cumulative. This is an exclusive offer and is non-transferable. No coupon required. Purchases of Shell Gift Cards, Tobacco products, and Service Bay repairs are not eligible for this offer. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 4 weeks post promotion for Miles to be loaded to your Collector Account.

I texted the number selecting the bonus miles before May 24th.

Does this mean I can only get bonus miles for a max of $50 in spend between June 2 and June 15? For some reason my brain thought it was $200 and I had until sometime in July. HELP!!!!

FWIW, I've already earned 54 bonus miles (two separate trips) from "TEXT TO CHOOSE YOUR OFFER". Can I still earn more?

Last edited:
Did you just show the Smartcanucks page that had the barcode or how did you do that?

I am going to try and print and use this today
Hugs Mel
Just cut and pasted it.

I saved it as a photo on my phone and they scanned it with no problems. My AM showed up on my receipt as normal and on my AM account as promptly as always.

I do the same thing with the survey coupon that's posted here - just save it as a photo on my phone (sometimes as a screenshot if necessary).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter