Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Did you meet BOTH of the requirements though? You had to spend a total of $50.00 and redeem cash miles for only $30.00 of that total. I was just coming in to remind people of this promotion
View attachment 242990

I was at Rexall and redeemed 285 Airmiles, but I did not get the bonus 100 Airmiles. The manager was going to look into it:crazy2:. I hate tracking down AM's that don't post properly.

Ahhh, now I'm confused. I was thinking I could spent $30 and cash in 285 airmiles and get the 100 airmiles. Now not so sure how to read this.

@mkmommy, the fineprint on Donald's image ie Rexall's ad says that the 100am will post in 8 weeks.

Don't worry, last time I redeemed AM Cash the bonus AM came through automatically. I just looked them up I redeemed on May 5th (Metro promotion) and they were posted to my AM account on May 18th. Forgot about the second condition in this promotion. I was typing this as the duck was posting hers.

Thanks to those who posted their Foodland/Sobeys shopping items, I just returned from a productive trip spent $100 got 300AM. The freezer is now full.

Does anyone have a spend $X get Y AM for next week in their Load and Go for Rexall yet. I just had a look at mine and I don't see one yet. I suppose they may add it on Monday but I think I've always been able to see it on Friday.

No Rexall load and go weekly coupon here yet either.

We found out this week that our local Foodland is closing. :worried: I'll have about another 6 weeks of <1km store, and then I'll have to visit the next door Foodland about 15 km away. Luckily, I go to Church in that village, so I'll be able to pop in without a long :car:. One other plus is that the store in the next village is 24 hours, big with LOTS of choice. :thumbsup2

Capture.JPG

Oh boy - the Travel Hub could be a game changer. I ran a search for one night in August. Didn't realize they even throw in extra bonus miles sometimes. 430 bonus miles for spending $102 on a one night stay? Super disappointed they don't offer onsite hotels.

What to do? What to do?

I have 3 nights booked at AS Music. With my Travelocity discount & bonus eBates cashback, I'm paying about $75/night. OR I can pay $103/night for this Wyndham and get 430 bonus miles. I'd lose DME though - so the extra cost for Uber could eat up the extra savings.

Last edited:
Did you meet BOTH of the requirements though? You had to spend a total of $50.00 and redeem cash miles for only $30.00 of that total. I was just coming in to remind people of this promotion
View attachment 242990

Going to Rexall tomorrow. Any additional coupons anyone is aware of that I can stack this with? I checked and there are no decent Load & Go coupons for me.

Its going to be interesting trying to spend $50 there. I don't shop a whole lot at Rexall and already bought a lot of stuff to stock up on a few weeks ago during the last promo. Still, this seems to be worth it.

View attachment 242998

Oh boy - the Travel Hub could be a game changer. I ran a search for one night in August. Didn't realize they even throw in extra bonus miles sometimes. 430 bonus miles for spending $102 on a one night stay? Super disappointed they don't offer onsite hotels.

What to do? What to do?

I have 3 nights booked at AS Music. With my Travelocity discount & bonus eBates cashback, I'm paying about $75/night. OR I can pay $103/night for this Wyndham and get 430 bonus miles. I'd lose DME though - so the extra cost for Uber could eat up the extra savings.
In general I would say that spending the extra $28 for 430 AM is a great deal but at this hotel you are most likely going to get one of the nasty motel rooms out at the back of the property for that price, so not at all worth it. If you get in the tower it's a bargain.

View attachment 242998

What to do? What to do?

I don't understand the question. For $10 more a night you stay in Disney with all the transportation perks. No brainer for me. AM bonus would have to be a lot more for me to use it

Going to Rexall tomorrow. Any additional coupons anyone is aware of that I can stack this with? I checked and there are no decent Load & Go coupons for me.

Its going to be interesting trying to spend $50 there. I don't shop a whole lot at Rexall and already bought a lot of stuff to stock up on a few weeks ago during the last promo. Still, this seems to be worth it.
Only the $5 off when you spend $25 http://www.rexall.ca/assets/downloads/RexallSurvey2017.pdf.
The rest of the coupons we generally use are for Monday to Thursday shops.

Ahhh, now I'm confused. I was thinking I could spent $30 and cash in 285 airmiles and get the 100 airmiles. Now not so sure how to read this.

@mkmommy, the fineprint on Donald's image ie Rexall's ad says that the 100am will post in 8 weeks.
It says "PLUS Get 100 Airmiles Bonus Miles If you use 285 cash miles for $30.00 towards this Rexall purchase"

So to be sure i met the offer i spent just over the $50.00 mark and let the cashier use ONLY the $30.00 worth of cash miles. She thought that was odd but not as odd as the woman next to me who was arguing over if she could use the $10.00 gift card she was getting for the sale to PAY for the sale!

In general I would say that spending the extra $28 for 430 AM is a great deal but at this hotel you are most likely going to get one of the nasty motel rooms out at the back of the property for that price, so not at all worth it. If you get in the tower it's a bargain.
Also with most of the hotels on the Airmiles Travel Hub if you want a rate that will allow you to cancel you will pay more. If you want a better-than-basic room you pay more ... It works out well when there are bonus miles like right now, if you know you will not need to cancel or change your reservation and if you are aware of the room type you are getting assigned before you show up.

All that said we've used this site several times now and had zero problems. We're really looking forward to our stay at Benmiller, i KNOW all the rooms there are great and we'll earn 380 Airmiles instead of none.

Does anyone have a spend $X get Y AM for next week in their Load and Go for Rexall yet. I just had a look at mine and I don't see one yet. I suppose they may add it on Monday but I think I've always been able to see it on Friday.

No Rexall load and go weekly coupon here yet either.

**first sorry for so many posts but my e-mail is acting up and comes thru in fits & starts!!**
Just got my Friday e-mail from Airmiles that has my weekly heads-up for the spend $X get X AM and instead it included the link to the coupon already!

Spend $40.00 get 95 AM Valid June 12th - 14th
https://squ.airmiles.ca/terms/33707_Rexall_PPDM_Cpn.htm

I wonder if there will be another one-day offer for Thursday since this only goes till Wednesday :confused3

View attachment 242998

What to do? What to do?

I agree with @dancin Disney style. You want to avoid the outdoor rooms at the Wyndham Disney Springs (the outdoor rooms are listed as being the Wyndham Garden Inn). I researched the heck out of Disney Springs hotels this week before I booked our Labour Day Weekend stay and those rooms at that property are pretty universally hated. Among the complaints were small, dated, dirty, and noisy. Another big thing to consider is that all the Disney Springs properties charge resort fees and parking on top of posted rates unless it's a promo that states they are including them. That's a game changer and I think you'll see when you get to the checkout page that it puts the rate way above what you are seeing on that page.

Every site you go to charges something a little different and I had to be diligent to make sure I was comparing apples to apples. I think if you really want to stay in DTD you can do way better booking through Mousesavers and one of their specials, or checking out the specials at disneyspringshotels.com. With the mousesavers rate (including all taxes, resort and parking fees and free continental breakfast for two) we are paying $115 a night at the Best Western Disney Springs for three nights over Labour Day weekend.

Also with most of the hotels on the Airmiles Travel Hub if you want a rate that will allow you to cancel you will pay more. If you want a better-than-basic room you pay more ... It works out well when there are bonus miles like right now, if you know you will not need to cancel or change your reservation and if you are aware of the room type you are getting assigned before you show up.

All that said we've used this site several times now and had zero problems. We're really looking forward to our stay at Benmiller, i KNOW all the rooms there are great and we'll earn 380 Airmiles instead of none.

Super helpful. I had no idea. I am sticking to AS Music but will also keep an eye on Travel Hub for other trips.

Edited sorry I see Jacqueline already posted it

Rexall--------- just got this email
Spend 40.00 on June 12-14
Get 95 airmiles.
Hugs Mel
33707_Rxl_PPDM_3Days.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone else get an email from AM today with respect to Rexall? This is the offer that they said was just for me...

Here's a special offer just for you! Show this shopping card each day you make a purchase of $25 or more at any Rexall location from June 9 to July 6, 2017 and you'll get 40 Bonus Miles.

Plus, if you use the Shopping Card every day, you can get up to 1,120 Bonus Miles. This gets you access to select merchandise, attractions, and more!

I can't see myself spending $25 per day in the store, but I can see a few trips between now and July 6...and spending $25 won't be that hard...I'm thinking that we will have that second Disneyland ticket very soon!!!!!

Done my groceries for this weekend! Sobeys was out of Butterball turkey bacon and I do not like the hot dogs! Also I bought 2 x Compliments hamburger buns as I had a MyOffers offer to get 5 AM with 2 but that did not go through.

Metro yesterday (50 bonus AM)
  • Netflix $30 gift card = 30 AM
  • Oasis tetra pack juice $1.79 = 3 AM (Metro app coupon)
  • Quaker chewy bars $2.49 = 3 AM (Metro app coupon)
  • Lays classic potato chips $1.99 = 4 AM (Metro app coupon)
  • 4x Coke 500ml @ $1.99 ea = 10 AM
Sobeys today (80 bonus AM)
  • Transaction over $50 (MyOffers) = 15 AM
  • 2x White Swan napkins @ 1.79 ea = 30 AM
  • Herbal Essences argan oil shampoo $6.24 = 10 AM
  • Herbal Essences argan oil conditioner $6.24 = 10 AM
  • Krinos crumbled feta $3.99 = 10 AM
  • Cheese croissants $3.99 = 5 AM
I did buy some other items but did not get points for those at Sobey's so I don't feel like I need to point those out. :)

235 miles at Foodland for $110 spent. Would have got 50 more, but they did not carry the Prime Chicken burgers. Also had a nice Bonus of my emailed targeted offers being for some of the same products that already had miles on them in the store (ie. buy 2 prime products get 25 miles and the flyer was buy 2 get 50). I'm still trying to squeek in one more 5 day Disney pass before they raise the amount. Need about 350 more miles after these post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter