Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Blue Friday...but not many items that I use on a regular basis. Hope to get one shop out of Safeway for the week anyways. We are also going to help the daughter move this weekend...so I get to hit a Rexall. Hoping to get some extra miles from that.
Went to check my AM account for any miles posted from Safeway...and when the hubby was in Edmonton, he went to Safeway...and he actually used our AM card...scored an extra 45 miles lol. I did a little chuckle and a happy dance when I seen that!!!

It looks like just Rexall for me this week.

Spend $50 get 100 airmiles, and the bonus 25 airmiles for using a load and go or airmiles app offer is back. There are a bunch of bonus airmiles in the flyer as well. I think I can pretty easily get 150 airmiles for the $50 spend.

I don't think the 25 AM Load and Go offer is "back" so much as "still valid". The original offer terms were July 21 - August 3, one-time-use only. So even though it shows up in both flyers, my read on this is that if you've already used it this week, you won't get credit for it again. But of course I could be wrong. Can't hurt to try if there's something you need anyway.

@pigletto, maybe "still valid" is what you meant by "back" - I just wanted to clarify in case anyone misunderstood.

I don't think the 25 AM Load and Go offer is "back" so much as "still valid". The original offer terms were July 21 - August 3, one-time-use only. So even though it shows up in both flyers, my read on this is that if you've already used it this week, you won't get credit for it again. But of course I could be wrong. Can't hurt to try if there's something you need anyway.

@pigletto, maybe "still valid" is what you meant by "back" - I just wanted to clarify in case anyone misunderstood.
Thank you. I should have been more clear. I haven't used it yet, so I will be using it this week .:)

I have sunk to a new all time low. I am 3AM away in my account for (3) one way tickets home from Florida. I have a feeling they are going to show up on the website tomorrow and I don't want to be 3AM away from being able to get them so I did what any good AM hunter would do. I ran to Rexall and bought some chips (son will eat them) and the AM will post before 9am tomorrow.

Now I've just got to get enough AM to get the other two boys back home (or they could pay their own way:p).

Does anyone know if there is a way to see how many days left on some old WDW tickets? I do have them on my Disney Experience account so I was thinking just book fast passes and then cancel them once I have figured out how many days there is or will this cause a problem?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/faq/tickets/uses-remaining/

Our tickets were so old we had not choice but to have them checked at customer service at the parks. We have a few water park days still left from about 20 years ago.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see how many days left on some old WDW tickets? I do have them on my Disney Experience account so I was thinking just book fast passes and then cancel them once I have figured out how many days there is or will this cause a problem?

If you download the app and access the tickets through the app, the number of days remaining is listed on each one. Your way works as well, I've added fastpass days until I reached the ticket limit to get a count and then cancelled them without a problem.

Bought 4 bags of Nosh&Co potato chips at Rexall today for $4.52 (after tax) and should get 43 AM with the Load and Go bonus offer. Just about on par with the soup offer in terms of AM/$. Speaking of which, my local Sobeys doesn't have the AM offer tags up for the St. Hubert's soup anymore, only the broth. I didn't try actually buying any; they were sold out of the sort I wanted anyway.

Bought 4 bags of Nosh&Co potato chips at Rexall today for $4.52 (after tax) and should get 43 AM with the Load and Go bonus offer. Just about on par with the soup offer in terms of AM/$. Speaking of which, my local Sobeys doesn't have the AM offer tags up for the St. Hubert's soup anymore, only the broth. I didn't try actually buying any; they were sold out of the sort I wanted anyway.
Awesome deal for the chips! My Sobeys has a tag for the Air Miles that says the deal expires on Aug.10th. Does St.Hubert's make broth too or is everyone referring to the Campbell's broth deal?

I've made my lists. Provided they have everything I need in stock AND my math is right, I'm looking at 3 orders spending approx. $318 (excl. tax) for a total of 1155 bonus miles.

party:
That's awesome. Gonna go through the flyer tonight and see how much I can rack up. Just depleted my am for another 7 day ticket. Hoping I can get another one before the Canadian deal disappears.

My 1 AM wonderland tickets came!

Were you able to order more than 1 (on one account)?. I thought (without reading carefully enough) that it was a package of two tickets. Mine arrived today but it was only 1 ticket. I was a little bummed. But what do you expect for 1AM.

Awesome deal for the chips! My Sobeys has a tag for the Air Miles that says the deal expires on Aug.10th. Does St.Hubert's make broth too or is everyone referring to the Campbell's broth deal?

St Hubert makes a chicken broth and a seasoned chicken broth. Both are on buy 3 get 60AM until Aug 10 at my store at least. They have written in a limit of 6, so I pick them up regularly.

Were you able to order more than 1 (on one account)?. I thought (without reading carefully enough) that it was a package of two tickets. Mine arrived today but it was only 1 ticket. I was a little bummed. But what do you expect for 1AM.

It was 1 AM per ticket with a maximum of 2 per ONYX card so you had to actually change the number of tickets you put into your cart to "2"

Sorry you missed out :(

For those watching flights, there is a sale on Air Canada seats through Air Miles right now, I think it said 20% fewer AMs required. I was able to find the flights I have been watching for November, at a decent price (I think, at least better than I have seen in my watch) and the direct flights were available for the late-November days I was looking at. So take a look if you are watching flights! I only have enough AM for one round-trip ticket, about halfway to the second for my daughter so don't think I can take advantage of it.

And actually, for those who have experience in this area, what would your thoughts be on 2240 AM for a round trip ticket (Ottawa to Orlando), low season (Nov 24-29), direct one way (no direct flights offered by AC or WJ on my preferred dates), plus $150 for taxes and fees? I am trying to do the math and right now I can get the 2 tickets for $800, so am torn on if 4480 AM plus $300 is really that good a savings...

I was talking to Dh on the way home from the movies in the car tonight about this trip we have coming up in the end of August. It's easily our least expensive one yet. Thought it might be fun to give a breakdown in here since being able to get our Disney tickets for free with airmiles was such a huge help to the budget! Cast of characters are DH and I and our two kids (20 yr old dd and 13 yr old ds). My brother and his girlfriend are joining us but paying their own way.

Direct flights for four BUF to MCO on Jetlblue with free bags -$0 (credit from an incident in January)

5 Day Disney tickets for four people - $0 (My mom gave me one for my birthday using her airmiles. I used my airmiles for the other 3)

7 nights Silver Lake Resort in a 3 bedroom/3 bath unit- $345 USD with Skyauction (was $520 but my brother and girlfriend paid a third )

3 nights at Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal in a poolside suite $530 USD-Passholder rate

Universal Tickets for four people- $0 (we upgraded our 4 day tickets to AP's last year for $30 total. This is our third and final visit with them)

Airport Hotel and 11 days parking -$86 USD (Using the Peace Bridge duty free park and fly deal. Free breakfast in the morning and shuttle over to the airport)

Food and Spending -$1500 USD This will cover one meal out per day and some park snacks and groceries for the condo/suite. We are well past the souvenir stage because we go so often.

Rental car.. this one is tricky. I have it at $300 USD for the time being ($466 USD but my brother is paying a portion of the van rental). It can and should go down as we get closer.

So grand total for 11 nights hotel , 11 days airport parking, direct flights with luggage fees, food and 7 days of theme park tickets for four people..

$2761 USD. :flower:

I'm down to 50 airmiles now after redeeming for the last ticket. I will be joining back in the hunt though . I want to go back to Disney for December 2018 and I think 18 months should be enough time for another set of free tickets and maybe our car rental next time.

Again, that is fabulous pigletto! For your hotel, do you have experience with skyauction, Silver Lake resort or both? I took a look and our dates are available, so was wondering if you have gone there before or if you are trying them out for the first time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter