Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Jacqueline sorry to hear about your online experience. I was trying to go for it, I spent about 2 hours looking at different sites trying to find deals but most wanted you to spend $50 to get the free shipping, I finally gave up.
Sounds like I dodged a bullet.

100% you can add the dining plan up to 2 days before you arrive. There is always discussions on the merits of the DP, each family is different. We have added it 1/2 the time. We get our room and tickets, and book our reservations. Then we have time to decide if the DP is worth it. Add up the approx cost of the main dinners we are going to and go from there. If you are going in 2018, know that the DP has changed again. The reg now includes alcohol, and 2 snacks. This may be good or bad for your family. It also increased the price per day to

PER ADULT, PER NIGHT
(adults are 10 years and older in Disney prices) PER CHILD, PER NIGHT
(children are 3-9 years old in Disney prices)

Quick Service Dining

• 2 quick-service meals
  • 2 snacks
  • 1 refillable mug
$52.50 $21.74
Regular Dining

• 1 table-service meal
  • 1 quick-service meal
  • 2 snacks
  • 1 refillable mug
$75.49 $25.75
Deluxe Dining

• 3 meals (any combination of table-service and quick-service)
  • 2 snacks
  • 1 refillable mug
$116.25 $39.99

Also if your looking for DVC rental for next year. Start looking now, depending on the time, they book up quick. It is different then reg rooms and look on the DVC boards here to get to know the difference.

I am also waiting on indigo to go through. It's my 3rd for the promo. I feel like I should do one more just in case it doesn't come in.

This may seem like a silly question but...
If I manage to get enough AM to get the Disney 5 day passes, can I still add the Dining Plan to my trip? we are starting to look at a DVC rental for the trip and I think I may (bc of this group) get enough AM for 1 or 2 passes before August, but my hubbie wants the dining plan.
Thanks everyone
We rented last year (LOVED it BTW!!) and getting the DP was an option that the owner could book for us if we had chosen to do that. You just need to pay the owner up front -- we rented thru David's and a private owner as well.

We had a rather successful hunting trip today :
  1. Sobeys :3 bread for 30 miles, 1 box of holiday Rice Krispies & a car freshener Redeemed 95 AM: leftover cost applied to GC from last promo 5.97
  2. Foodland card # 1:a black forest cake for 50 AM and a 4 pack of greek yogurt Redeemed 95 AM leftover cost applied to GC .98
  3. Foodland card # 2: Haagen Daz PB chocolate ice cream (snagged a bonus surprise 10 AM!!!) and some too-good-to-be true frozen cheesecake bites (in store sampling really does work :P ) Redeemed 95 AM leftover cost applied to GC 2.43
Total AM to card 1 once miles post from the redemption :65
Total AM to card 2 once miles post from redemption: 75

Cost applied to GC : $9.38

We rented last year (LOVED it BTW!!) and getting the DP was an option that the owner could book for us if we had chosen to do that. You just need to pay the owner up front -- we rented thru David's and a private owner as well.
Wow what a great private owner.....

Heads up for some potential big earning at Rexall tomorrow !! The weekend offer is a threshold spend PLUS Sunday is the head-to-toe event. Here's how it will play out in this house! The initial offer is spend $50.00 get 60 BUT if those products are all head-to-toe it's another 100 AM. We need razor blades, toothbrush heads, 2 different kinds of toothpaste, and have several stockings to stuff. I think we can do this at least twice, one for each card maybe even 3 times depending on how much time the hubby wants to spend with his AM crazed wife :P

Heads up for some potential big earning at Rexall tomorrow !! The weekend offer is a threshold spend PLUS Sunday is the head-to-toe event. Here's how it will play out in this house! The initial offer is spend $50.00 get 60 BUT if those products are all head-to-toe it's another 100 AM. We need razor blades, toothbrush heads, 2 different kinds of toothpaste, and have several stockings to stuff. I think we can do this at least twice, one for each card maybe even 3 times depending on how much time the hubby wants to spend with his AM crazed wife :P

Oooh... I wasn't going to do Rexall this week, but maybe I can make it work... Do you know where I can find out what items qualify and what the restrictions are?

Rexall Beauty event--spend $50.00 get 100 airmiles
Weekend special airmiles-- spend $50.00 get 60 airmiles
Total spend $50.00 get 160 airmiles.
I am going to try and use this tomorrow
https://www.rexall.ca/eflyer/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Dec01-Beauty-PPD

For people who have experience with this maybe you can help with a couple of questions?

Do you think regular or coconut epsom salt would qualify?
Do you think a man's shave gift set would qualify?

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Oooh... I wasn't going to do Rexall this week, but maybe I can make it work... Do you know where I can find out what items qualify and what the restrictions are?

For people who have experience with this maybe you can help with a couple of questions?
Do you think regular or coconut epsom salt would qualify?
Do you think a man's shave gift set would qualify?

Hugs Mel
From the flyer and based on what it says I think the shave set would qualify.
upload_2017-12-2_23-24-32.png

Excellent! I have some Load and Go coupons that should fall into those categories to boost up the total miles too...

Question: I normally use the 'Ebates' portal to buy from Amazon. Is there anyway to collect ebates as well as airmiles when shopping on Amazon.ca, or do you have to choose one portal or the other?

Question: I normally use the 'Ebates' portal to buy from Amazon. Is there anyway to collect ebates as well as airmiles when shopping on Amazon.ca, or do you have to choose one portal or the other?

Since both are click-throughs, you have to pick one. Another way to double-dip is possible though, if you pay with a credit card that has points/miles.

So I am just doing my "Santa" list and oh my gosh I almost forgot that one of my son's is not going to Cuba after Christmas with us sooooooooooooooooooo .......................... I (Santa) has to make him a regular stocking.
Off to Rexall to see what I can do.
Hugs Mel

Do you have the contact info for the owner? There are so many people and boards out there, it is hard to know which to go with, or even trust.
Thank you very much everyone for answering!

Had another awesome hunting trip today!

• Metro total spent pre-tax $105.83 once the threshold spend is added from head office total AM snagged 123 (long time since my entire Metro shop was above my 1:1)
  • Rexall main card total pre-tax: $51.47 ALL products fell under the head-to-toe event plus some LnG offers for 167 AM snagged
  • Rexall new card total pre-tax: $50.92 again ALL products Head-to-toe for total of 162 AM snagged
  • Foodland run for new card chocolate bars to get the StB offer of 20 AM, paid with Gift Card from last promo
Rexall was great fun since hubby has clued in that this will help us get away from winter (travel certificates here we come!) he re-arranged the cart multiple times to get as close to the $50 mark without going over. The cashier was one of my favs and when it was time to ring us in she called over another employee to watch "this is one of our veteran AM hunters, watch what she'll do!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter