Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Had another awesome hunting trip today!

• Metro total spent pre-tax $105.83 once the threshold spend is added from head office total AM snagged 123 (long time since my entire Metro shop was above my 1:1)
  • Rexall main card total pre-tax: $51.47 ALL products fell under the head-to-toe event plus some LnG offers for 167 AM snagged
  • Rexall new card total pre-tax: $50.92 again ALL products Head-to-toe for total of 162 AM snagged
  • Foodland run for new card chocolate bars to get the StB offer of 20 AM, paid with Gift Card from last promo
Rexall was great fun since hubby has clued in that this will help us get away from winter (travel certificates here we come!) he re-arranged the cart multiple times to get as close to the $50 mark without going over. The cashier was one of my favs and when it was time to ring us in she called over another employee to watch "this is one of our veteran AM hunters, watch what she'll do!"

That is awesome Hon.
I wasn't sure I could do this one at Rexall,,,,but it went well.............
I picked up a Nivea Mens gift set for DS
One package of razors for DS
One bottle of Neutrogena facial wash for DS
One Ivory Aloe body wash for DS
Two EOS hand lotion gift sets for the two secretaries at my school.
One mini Herbacin hand cream set for my DGD.
I got the 160 but I also had a Load N Go for 25 airmiles for skin care products so
it ended up with a total of 187 airmiles for a $56.00 shop.
Not too shabby of a weekend for me.
Hugs Mel

P.S.
I wanted to mention that Halls cough drops are $1.25 each pack at Sobeys--buy 4 and get 20 bonus airmiles.

Last edited:
That is awesome Hon.
I wasn't sure I could do this one at Rexall,,,,but it went well.............
I picked up a Nivea Mens gift set for DS
One package of razors for DS
One bottle of Neutrogena facial wash for DS
One Ivory Aloe body wash for DS
Two EOS hand lotion gift sets for the two secretaries at my school.
One mini Herbacin hand cream set for my DGD.
I got the 160 but I also had a Load N Go for 25 airmiles for skin care products so
it ended up with a total of 187 airmiles for a $56.00 shop.
Not too shabby of a weekend for me.
Hugs Mel

P.S.
I wanted to mention that Halls cough drops are $1.25 each pack at Sobeys--buy 4 and get 20 bonus airmiles.
When we were wandering around doing our hunting trip (took us 40 minutes!) we past the men's gift sets and i saw the sign attached -- i immediately reached for my phone to send you a message because you had asked and realized i don't have enough data left to pull up the DIS-boards!!!

Nice Rexall hauls!! I had to sit down today and ask myself if I really needed anything from Rexall... the answer was no, so I sat this round out.

However, I did go to FoodLand to get two $150 gift cards for 300 bonus AM. My fridge and freezer are full right now, but I'm sure I'll find a few Sobeys deals in the coming weeks to spend them on. :)

Last week was crazy. Everyone in our house was sick. Two adults, two teens - at the same time! Ugh.. So I missed out on the Rexall spend $50 get 110 coupon & my load+go. Plus, I believe, 3 STB coupons I wanted to use on my husband's new AM account before they expired. Today I need to look at the new flyers, make up a list and get out there.

I also just spent 30 minutes on the phone with an Indigo CSR. Picture my head banging off my computer desk... On Nov 9th I placed an online order (3 Christmas items) to get the 50 AM offered in regards to AM's new website. I just realized one book never arrived. It was due to be released late November and would ship then. Now it's "sold out" online but available in stores. She didn't seem to know what to do. She wanted to cancel the order first. Then said it was already cancelled and refunded. Then had to figure out how I would access said refund as I no longer have the gift card. She was about to give me a gift card number to use in the future but seemed surprised I was startled to learn it had over $5,000 available on it! :rotfl2: Finally decided the book order was not actually cancelled yet (which I could see myself online) yet. Then was undecided how to give me a refund. It was finally decided she would phone the OTC to let them know I was coming in for the book and to give it to me. We shall see how that goes... I printed out my order form and the info showing the book sold out online, as well as a phone call reference # to bring with me.

Question:
I have a mobile Rexall offer of spend $30 get 60AM. Can I stack this with the Shop the Block offer, spend $40 on fragrance and get 40 AM's? Anyone know?

No sightings of the weekly Rexall coupon -- I'm counting on that showing up because i need some stuff that didn't fall under the head-to-toe event.

BUT i did get this, and joke's on them -- with the StB I will actually manage this one! Last year they attached a dollar value and we were hard pressed to meet it!!!
upload_2017-12-4_12-17-58.png

Question:
I have a mobile Rexall offer of spend $30 get 60AM. Can I stack this with the Shop the Block offer, spend $40 on fragrance and get 40 AM's? Anyone know?
Are you referring to your LoadNGo offer that you loaded onto your card? If so, yup you can stack offers at Rexall and if you can wait a bit to do your shopping there *should* be coupon show up soon that will also stack and it will be a threshold spend as well. It usually shows up in my email by 9:30 but it's not here yet :confused3

Are you referring to your LoadNGo offer that you loaded onto your card? If so, yup you can stack offers at Rexall and if you can wait a bit to do your shopping there *should* be coupon show up soon that will also stack and it will be a threshold spend as well. It usually shows up in my email by 9:30 but it's not here yet :confused3
Thanks!

I've been waiting also. Odd it's not there and I would really like it to be. Come on Rexall/AirMiles!

No sightings of the weekly Rexall coupon -- I'm counting on that showing up because i need some stuff that didn't fall under the head-to-toe event.

BUT i did get this, and joke's on them -- with the StB I will actually manage this one! Last year they attached a dollar value and we were hard pressed to meet it!!!
View attachment 286751
My offer is use 78 times, get 230. We'll see, it is Christmas so maybe.

I've come to the very sad realization that I won't be getting the StB 2000 bonus. The deals out west suck, and I'm not prepared to spend money where I normally wouldn't. I'll qualify for the 1000 bonus though, so I guess that'll have to do. :confused3

How close are you to getting the 7 coupons. There is something you could do, get a friend in Ontario to use the Foodland and Sobeys spend 95Cash AM get 25AM coupon for you. They could purchase some food items that are then donated to the foodbank (pay the slight extra as a contribution) and you get your two extra coupon needed. It would mean co-ordinating the unlocking of your cash account. You would need to email a copy of your card that could be printed off etc, but I think it might work.

Just a thought.

I've come to the very sad realization that I won't be getting the StB 2000 bonus. The deals out west suck, and I'm not prepared to spend money where I normally wouldn't. I'll qualify for the 1000 bonus though, so I guess that'll have to do. :confused3
I'm only getting 5 too I think for the same reasons.

View attachment 286751

LOL. I'm wondering if they base this on regular transaction levels. I just got the same email but I have to use my card 98 times to get 360 airmiles!!

I am close to that realization as I missed the deadline on the first Rexall coupon and miss-read the 2nd one and thought it was on anything but it has to be on fragrance - no one in my family uses fragrance. So I am hard pressed for a 7th offer. Although it's hard to give up 1000 miles for 1 purchase - deciding between trying to find something for $50 at TopShop Topman or a purchase online from Oster. Neither were a planned purchase :worried: . Really challenging out West!! I would have loved to be able to buy a few chocolate bars and a taco kit and call it a day.

View attachment 286751

I opted in to the STB BMO 25 transaction promo for 0 airmiles. Of course I don't get an additional BMO offer. Hmmm, guess who won't bother with BMO next year!

How close are you to getting the 7 coupons. There is something you could do, get a friend in Ontario to use the Foodland and Sobeys spend 95Cash AM get 25AM coupon for you. They could purchase some food items that are then donated to the foodbank (pay the slight extra as a contribution) and you get your two extra coupon needed. It would mean co-ordinating the unlocking of your cash account. You would need to email a copy of your card that could be printed off etc, but I think it might work.

Just a thought.

Unfortunately, I don't have any friends out east to do this. It's okay, I've got all the passes we need for both WDW and DL plus UO and UH. Now I'm starting to save up for travel vouchers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter