Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Woohoo! Game plan for Sobeys! I haven't been out of the house since last Thursday for my breast Reduction surgery (sorry if TMI), so I'm going crazy bored at this point. I am going grocery shopping this weekend with DH, so I will get to use the calculator while he pushes the cart! lol We haven't been shopping together in forever, so this should be interesting. He might see my "yes I bought that brand for $1 more to earn 10 air miles" strategy...this could backfire on me LOL

Healing wishes to you "ilovetotravel"...I had a reduction done back in 1995 and it was the best thing I did...glad to see that the recovery time for the surgery is now reduced....when I had mine...I was house bound for almost a month with a nurse visiting daily...be sure to take it easy while you are shopping and make sure DH does all the heavy lifting...

Keep it, even if you just use it at Universal! You get 10% off of purchases in the gift shops and food too if I remember correctly :)

I guess there's also no harm in keeping it if I don't use it, but I'd prefer not to have 3 credit cards on the go! Thank you for the input.

I am hoping to find some time to check out my Sobeys tomorrow afternoon.
I will take a pen and paper and record an good buys (airmiles) I see,
"There has to be something with their 1240 bonus miles advertised listing."

Sobeys and Foodland posted my miles tonight so I just changed back to Dream miles.
Hugs Mel
One product i would LOVE you to check out for me, if'n you don't mind. I got hooked on it last year when it had big miles attached --was $4.99 get 25 AM It will be in with the PB, Jams & Nutella. I'm on my last jar from during the StB promo and it's almost empty :eek:

0006367500738.jpg

I received my monthly offers from Sobeys for March, and there are only 2 coupons I won't use, so I'm pretty pleased with my selection. I just have to make sure I remember them on friday!

Rexall Flyer is up on Reebee-- and I'm pretty excited!! Only a 6 day flyer again ..
Rexall ON

• Friday & Saturday spend $50 get 100 AM
  • Vitamins -- buy one get one 50% -- spend $30 get 30 AM
  • Bandaids are still on!!
  • Aveeno products -- spend $40 get 40 AM
  • Neutrogena products spend $50 get 75 AM
  • Oral B brush heads -- YES i need some! on sale and bonus miles (not many but hey, better than none)
Insoles aren't included and since snow is in the forecast for tomorrow (lots!) I think i'll pick up a pair before this flyer ends!

I received my monthly offers from Sobeys for March, and there are only 2 coupons I won't use, so I'm pretty pleased with my selection. I just have to make sure I remember them on friday!
Where do you get the monthly Sobeys offers? I get the weekly ones that I load to my card but not monthly ones.

One product i would LOVE you to check out for me, if'n you don't mind. I got hooked on it last year when it had big miles attached --was $4.99 get 25 AM It will be in with the PB, Jams & Nutella. I'm on my last jar from during the StB promo and it's almost empty :eek:

0006367500738.jpg
Lol,,,and if I happen to buy one I can say it was because you made me go look for it,,Hugs Hon
Mel

So as usual Marlin Travel did not post the AM to my account. Funny how every time I book with them I don't get the miles without sending the missing miles email. Anyway, I was owed 121 miles but 221 posted to my account. Guess I will wait for someone to realize the mistake and take back the extra 100.

On the PC Optimum front, I've got really good offers this morning. With about $100-$120 spent I will earn 30,000ish. I've never had a week that good. I think my best was somewhere around 18,000.

So as usual Marlin Travel did not post the AM to my account. Funny how every time I book with them I don't get the miles without sending the missing miles email. Anyway, I was owed 121 miles but 221 posted to my account. Guess I will wait for someone to realize the mistake and take back the extra 100.

On the PC Optimum front, I've got really good offers this morning. With about $100-$120 spent I will earn 30,000ish. I've never had a week that good. I think my best was somewhere around 18,000.

I got great offers today too, including a spend $125, get 12500 points. It's only good today and Friday though.

Too bad I went grocery shopping yesterday. Spent $150, got 1200 points. And there is no way I can justify spending another $125 today or tomorrow. No room in the fridge, no money in the budget.

I see that Shoppers has a 20X the points on Saturday. I might see if I can squeeze out 50.00 there. I do have a spend 100 get 10,000 points at No Frills for the next 2 days. But If I can spend 50.00 and get 20x the points...I'm not interested in the No Frills one. It might change my weekly offers if I try to shop more at shoppers. It doesn't hurt to try.

Hoping to get in a Safeway shop on Friday over my lunch for Blue Friday. I hope to make off with a good amount of AM. I have in my head that Ikea commercial of " start the car, start the car" and running out of the store!!! :drive::lmao:

Last edited:
I see that Shoppers has a 20X the points on Saturday. I might see if I can squeeze out 50.00 there. I do have a spend 100 get 10,000 points at No Frills for the next 2 days. But If I can spend 50.00 and get 20x the points...I'm not interested in the No Frills one. It might change my weekly offers if I try to shop more at shoppers. It doesn't hurt to try.

Hoping to get in a Safeway shop on Friday over my lunch for Blue Friday. I hope to make off with a good amount of AM. I have in my head that Ikea commercial of " start the car, start the car" and running out of the store!!! :drive::lmao:

Thanks for the heads up! I'll do my $40+ spend on Sat and make it $50+ so I can get 20x the points plus the bonus 10,000 points.

Quick question for the pros here :) Are the blue Friday specials reusable? What I mean is if the offer says buy 4 get 50 am, can I only use it once or can I buy 8 and get the offer twice=100 am? I've always assumed each bonus offer on Blue Friday could only be used once but I'm just now realizing maybe I'm wrong??

can I only use it once or can I buy 8 and get the offer twice=100 am
I know I have used it multiple times for different items. There may be a limit...but it should state on the blue Friday Tag attached to the shelf if they are limiting quantities. I know here they limit pizzas to only 4 or 8. But that won't stop some people from going back numerous times to get that deal and use different cashiers.

Quick question for the pros here :) Are the blue Friday specials reusable? What I mean is if the offer says buy 4 get 50 am, can I only use it once or can I buy 8 and get the offer twice=100 am? I've always assumed each bonus offer on Blue Friday could only be used once but I'm just now realizing maybe I'm wrong??
Unless there are stated limits in the flyer you can go ahead and do the offers as many times as you like. There is always the possibility that the individual stores may put up signs that will have limits on products but usually you can load up!

Once per transaction. Buy the first 4, pay for them and go put them in your car. Now go back in the store and buy another 4. Repeat as needed.

IF you get lucky and they have staffed the store with cashiers who "know" their AM, they may break up your cart into the transactions needed, i.e., you pull up with 8 in your cart and they break it up into two different transactions for you. I have a Safeway nearby that basically trains their cashiers to do this intentionally on Blue Fridays ;) But it depends on the line behind you!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter