Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Once per transaction. Buy the first 4, pay for them and go put them in your car. Now go back in the store and buy another 4. Repeat as needed.

IF you get lucky and they have staffed the store with cashiers who "know" their AM, they may break up your cart into the transactions needed, i.e., you pull up with 8 in your cart and they break it up into two different transactions for you. I have a Safeway nearby that basically trains their cashiers to do this intentionally on Blue Fridays ;) But it depends on the line behind you!!!!
oh really? Last couple of times I've used multiple times in the same transaction - sometimes it says "4 item limit" or whatever (and then it might not work), but I haven't had an issue when a limit wasn't specified. For example, I bought 12 jugs of Clamato - no problem - received I guess 300 AMs? (I think it was buy 4 get 100 - but it's been a few weeks ;) )

Last edited:
Actually if you read the fine print on the spend 100 get 100 Am....it also states that it is one transaction per card per day. I have done several transactions in a day. I would just make sure not to go to the same cashier if you think they may " not " let you use the coupon again :ssst: ;)

Ok gang i felt like a "Mystery shopper" tonight
here's what I found at Sobeys
Mississauga
Jacqueline your product is $5.89 for a 600 gr jar

Gillette Extreme deodorant men
$3.49
buy 1 get 5 airmiles

Secret deodorant womens
$3.49
buy 1 get 5 airmiles

Welch's grape Jam or Jelly
buy two at $2.99 each get 10 airmiles

Billy Bee Honey
1Kg
buy 1 at $9.99 get 10 airmiles

New York bagel crisps
buy 2 at $4.59 each get 20 airmiles
(eating a few now--taste good)

Heluva Good dip dill pickle or onion
buy 2 at 2.99 each get 5 airmiles

Tre stella feta cheese
buy 1 at 4.49 get 5 airmiles

Purina Smart one (dog food)
buy 1 at $8.99 get 25 airmiles

Purina Friskies cat food
buy 2 at 4.99 each get 25 airmiles

Resolve spray wash
buy 1 get 5 airmiles

Tide pods
19.39 each
buy 2 get 30 airmiles

Woolite Laundry
buy 1 at 12.19 get 10 airmiles

Lysol spray disinfectant
buy one at 7.19
get 15 airmiles

will add more in a few minutes

Last edited:
Sobeys On Con't

Vila Nectar juice (glass bottle)
buy 1 at $2.49 get 5 airmiles

Maple Lodge chicken hot dogs
$4.49 each
buy 2 get 10 airmiles

Club house gravy and sauce packages
99 cents each
buy 5 get 5 airmiles

Garafalo Pasta
$2.49
buy 2 get 5 airmiles

Finish power balls dish soap
$20.39
buy 1 get 10 airmiles

Kleenex Go Pks
buy 3 at $2.99 each get 10 airmiles

Benylin Products
15% off
buy 2 earn 15 airmiles

Tylenol Extra Strenghth
10.99 each
buy 2 get 20 airmiles

Aleve
buy 2 at 6.79
get 10 airmiles

Dove bar soap
buy 2 at 3.49 each
get 8 airmiles

Compliments cheese strings
buy 2 at 3.49 each
get 10 airmiles

Black diamond cheese strings
5.49 each
buy 2
get 10 airmiles

My best deal happened because Sobeys left a tag up
Oral B toothbrush
25% off
so $2.62 each
buy 1 get 10 airmiles
I bought 7 of them and they honored the tag which said the sale ended yesterday.(Feb 28)
So 70 airmiles....for $18.34

So that's all I could see ,hope it helps someone
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Where do you get the monthly Sobeys offers? I get the weekly ones that I load to my card but not monthly ones.

I started receiving a newsletter email at the end of each month for the following month. I don't remember signing up for it, and it is on the AM website. Log on and click on "get miles" around the top of the home page, then click on find offers, then click on Sobeys/Safeway bonus offers. A list pops up of chosen offers and mine come with 2 spend $150 get 150 AM. They do have to be printed though, and are not loadable onto your card.

I did a loop through sobeys stittsville to check in store offers for AM. Not much in fact many of the blue aeroplan tags don' even give points on the item as they are just advertsl. You would barely know sobeys does airmiles this week.

Looking for recommendations for hotels closest to the toronto zoo - I have such bad luck researching non Disney hotels. It looks like the Delta is the top rated and recommended by the zoo. Opinions?

Thanks!

We stayed there years ago with a hockey team. Went back later in the summer to visit the zoo. They have a package deal with the zoo I believe. If you're ok with sports teams being in the hotel it was a good place to stay. My kids loved the pool with the slide.

Check out tripadvisor for recent reviews.

Those of you in the Montreal area. Do we have any good offers like Blue Friday here?? I am getting really jealous reading through this thread!!

Well I'm not impressed lately with the offers out of Thrifty's here on Vancouver Island! Since the new year started, we've gone from 400+AM/flyer every week to under 200. It's horrible. I swear they do this every year just to make sure I can't get enough AM for my Park Hoppers until the summer!

BUT, Save-on-Foods has a few good points specials going on, so I've taken to splitting my shopping list into 2 - one for each store - and I usually get enough points or AM to make it worthwhile. With SoF points, I can use it for ferry fare or with saving more, they also offer vacations, so I can always look into those for a 'free' vacation to DLR.

But still... 198AM? For things I don't even like. :crazy2:

Those of you in the Montreal area. Do we have any good offers like Blue Friday here?? I am getting really jealous reading through this thread!!

No Blue Friday for us unfortunately. IGA improved a little since previous years and Rachelle-Béry (grocery store not health store) has some goid promotions once in a while. I live in Lachine so I sometimes drive to ON when Foodland has really good offers. It’s a 1h drive each way for me but worth it if I can get more than 200 AM (my best times were 750-800 AM).

Just back from Rexall. Split my purchase into two transactions and managed to come home with 279AM for a $107 spend. When I was a Sobeys yesterday I only picked up items with my targeted offers none of the other deals they had in the store seemed worth it (that or I didn't need them at the moment). I hope Mega Miles brings us some good offers next week because this is getting a little depressing.

Just back from my Blue Friday haul.

I had 3 orders - yes, the cashier processed the spend $100 get 100AM for each order (and yes, I was able to buy multiples of items to get multiples of air miles ie.: 4 pkg of toilet paper for 100 am instead of the posted buy 2 get 50), for a total of $332.08 spent and 1181 air miles earned.

:dancer:

I managed to spend more than I thought I would this am at Sobeys for Blue Friday. Spend $290 for 665 airmiles. The cashier said she didn't think airmiles would let me do the 100AM for $100 twice on the same day with the same card. I mentioned that I've done it before and it worked so she split mine for me. It shows on the receipt but she mentioned that airmiles may not actually credit it based on the terms of the coupon. I turned my earning to 50/50 cash/dream for today so that I have some in the cash bank for the spring mega miles. Now to remember to turn it back!

I see that Shoppers has a 20X the points on Saturday. I might see if I can squeeze out 50.00 there. I do have a spend 100 get 10,000 points at No Frills for the next 2 days. But If I can spend 50.00 and get 20x the points...I'm not interested in the No Frills one. It might change my weekly offers if I try to shop more at shoppers. It doesn't hurt to try.

Hoping to get in a Safeway shop on Friday over my lunch for Blue Friday. I hope to make off with a good amount of AM. I have in my head that Ikea commercial of " start the car, start the car" and running out of the store!!! :drive::lmao:
You have NO idea how many times we actually say & do this! (not the IKEA shopping, we have done more than enough of their easy projects over the years!)
tenor.gif

Note to Airmiles --I want to be a loyal customer,,,, but the offers since Jan have been "toggled" and I am actually think of looking at the "PC / Optimum option.
I give it one more week and then something has to change.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Hugs Mel

Looking for recommendations for hotels closest to the toronto zoo - I have such bad luck researching non Disney hotels. It looks like the Delta is the top rated and recommended by the zoo. Opinions?

Thanks!
Close to the Zoo is relative. There is not any that I would consider close. what else are you doing? Car? How long are you in town? What are you looking for in a hotel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter