Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ok, i just took the time to go back to July 19th and read thru right up till August 9th and i didn't see anyone mention this offer at all. I'm thinking it must have been an offer specific to you? I checked my AM folder in my email and didn't find anything there either so i can't help, sorry.

OK - thanks. I usually write down the specifics of the offer, but for some reason I didn't and I can't find the original email I got. I guess I'll keep looking and/or hope that they just give me the 50AM and I won't have to worry about it.

I should have mentioned that there was also a bonus 5 AM for signing up for this offer. Haven't received that yet either.

UPDATE - I just found the screenshot I made of the details of the offer. Yes, it was targeted. Phew - at least I have that to prove it.

Last edited:
I read on another forum that Air Miles had responded to someone's facebook PM that the World Elite Mastercard holders were targeted but everyone with a no fee Mastercard would receive the offer. So far, that seems to be true for posters here. No mention of just the World Mastercard being included in the offer at all.

However, I see none of that info in any of their terms and conditions.

OK - thanks. I usually write down the specifics of the offer, but for some reason I didn't and I can't find the original email I got. I guess I'll keep looking and/or hope that they just give me the 50AM and I won't have to worry about it.

I should have mentioned that there was also a bonus 5 AM for signing up for this offer. Haven't received that yet either.

UPDATE - I just found the screenshot I made of the details of the offer. Yes, it was targeted. Phew - at least I have that to prove it.

I had an email on this I just deleted as I didn't shop that weekend. There was chatter about it in here I'm sure but it's been awhile... glad you found your screenshot!

I received the 95 AM for using 95 AM at Rona this morning. I was surprised to get this because while Rona was listed as one of the redeeming stores it was not one of the stores listed for Ontario. I thought I would try it anyways because I needed something at Rona, glad I did. Bonus in my book! Now I'll wait and see if I get the 95 AM for using 95 at Shell which was another shop not listed for Ontario.

Oh my goodness, who would have thought???! My husband got the 95 am back as well (Ontario). I would have been all over this, he just tried the one. Let us know if Shell comes through. I really wish airmiles would get their act together with these promos.

I think some of you are in the same Facebook AM group that I am. OMG....those folks need to learn to read or something. On a daily basis there are several people posting the exact same questions and most of it is along the lines of ‘the promo ended 3 days ago and I still don’t have the AM in my account’. :faint:

I read on another forum that Air Miles had responded to someone's facebook PM that the World Elite Mastercard holders were targeted but everyone with a no fee Mastercard would receive the offer. So far, that seems to be true for posters here. No mention of just the World Mastercard being included in the offer at all.

However, I see none of that info in any of their terms and conditions.

The answer makes sense to me. They just changed the no fee card airmiles to 2x airmiles (2am/$20) and there was no change to elite (they already get 1am/$10 everywhere). I would think they are trying to get no fee cardholders to recognize and use airmiles partners with their card.

My card is no fee, I got the emails, twice, did 4 partner transactions online (Rona, Lowes, Staples all on the list) and haven't received the 500am so I'm still working at it. Now added Metro and Rexall in-store so one to go. Not sure what went wrong but obviously something wasn't set up correctly to handle it automatically so I'm willing to shop more rather than battle it out later. I already have three "Pack to Schools" I'll have to go after.

Just shopped Rexall, $50+, got 161am and hopefully a BMO card checkmark. Had a rough start today, South West flights released and it was our DVC resort booking day which turned into a bit of a disaster. End result is we'll likely be flying on airmiles for the first time so those 161am are appreciated.

Btw, I shopped at 5:30pm, next week's sales had been loaded which isn't unusual. What was unusual was that the eggs went through at $1.99, the weekend rate. I shopped Thursday nights through the summer and for about a month the sales prices excluded the weekend promo prices. Perhaps they are back again.

Here's another question for the Mastercard bonus...did the email come from BMO or from Air Miles?

I think some of you are in the same Facebook AM group that I am. OMG....those folks need to learn to read or something. On a daily basis there are several people posting the exact same questions and most of it is along the lines of ‘the promo ended 3 days ago and I still don’t have the AM in my account’. :faint:

Yep. Lots of incorrect information as well. :rolleyes:

Here's another question for the Mastercard bonus...did the email come from BMO or from Air Miles?

Airmiles. You're still waiting for your points? If so, did your BMO statement points post at all? I knew I had a problem when they posted as 2 "BMO no fee coalition" airmiles, I was expecting 5.

upload_2018-9-27_19-32-30.png

damo, I have the world elite. I received the email, did the 3 transactions, but miles have not posted yet. My statement date is the 25th and I received my monthly miles for Aug 26-Sept 25.

Yep. Lots of incorrect information as well. :rolleyes:

I don't normally make New Year's Resolutions but was aware i needed to cut out any unnecessary stress from my life -- that group was the first thing i dropped :P

The answer makes sense to me. They just changed the no fee card airmiles to 2x airmiles (2am/$20) and there was no change to elite (they already get 1am/$10 everywhere). I would think they are trying to get no fee cardholders to recognize and use airmiles partners with their card.
My card is no fee, I got the emails, twice, did 4 partner transactions online (Rona, Lowes, Staples all on the list) and haven't received the 500am so I'm still working at it. Now added Metro and Rexall in-store so one to go. Not sure what went wrong but obviously something wasn't set up correctly to handle it automatically so I'm willing to shop more rather than battle it out later. I already have three "Pack to Schools" I'll have to go after.
You had to actually shop in store and have your card swiped so online wouldn't count (i don't think ...)

Airmiles. You're still waiting for your points? If so, did your BMO statement points post at all? I knew I had a problem when they posted as 2 "BMO no fee coalition" airmiles, I was expecting 5.
Yeah we got 10 of those miles and based on what posted and me doing the math to figure out what the bill was is that the extra miles we're supposed to get for shopping at a partner??

This entire MC promo business is hurting my head!

damo, I have the world elite. I received the email, did the 3 transactions, but miles have not posted yet. My statement date is the 25th and I received my monthly miles for Aug 26-Sept 25.

I just have the World and not the World Elite. I never, ever have received an email regarding my BMO card the entire time I have had it.

Your time frame sounds very much like mine but my miles have all posted for my transactions.

I have the BMO World Elite (fee card) did not received email and did not receive points. I had called them when you started talking about this and they told me it was targeted and that I did not qualify (irritating since I essentially charge everything humanly possible on this card).One thing I have noticed is that many of the offers you all seem to get, I almost never get, or my wife will sometimes get. I wonder if many of these offers exclude men in their target audience. I always go to shell, yet never ever get any offers, yet my wife constantly gets offers for example. Women tend to dominate household shopping while men tend to do more big ticket items, so I may be getting squeezed out on demographics :)

My son and husband have been getting Shell offers but not as regularly as I have. Son goes there once in a blue moon, husband probably buys less than I do. Perhaps use your wife's card for awhile, see if they miss you as a customer??

Yeah we got 10 of those miles and based on what posted and me doing the math to figure out what the bill was is that the extra miles we're supposed to get for shopping at a partner??

This entire MC promo business is hurting my head!

The coalition points should be the "x2" airmiles for every $20 you spend at a partner. Looking at my statements, it looks like you get 1 for every $20 spend rather than a sum of partners, ie say you spend $25 and $35, they add to $60 but you would only get 1 am plus 1 am, not 3 airmiles. Not sure about this.

You had to actually shop in store and have your card swiped so online wouldn't count (i don't think …)

I read through exclusions and couldn't find anything saying in-store only but I assume you are correct … seeing as I didn't get any airmiles lol. Personally I would think a company is a partner or not a partner, but that's just me.

Anyone else received an Onyx exclusive offer (and targeted since you need to activate the offer)? I got spend 100$+ at IGA, get 50 AM, Spend 40$+ at Jean Coutu, get 20 AM (plus there's a 10X the AM this weekend so I might do this one) and spend 60$+ at Children Place, get 30AM. Offer valid only Sept 28-30 2018

The coalition points should be the "x2" airmiles for every $20 you spend at a partner. Looking at my statements, it looks like you get 1 for every $20 spend rather than a sum of partners, ie say you spend $25 and $35, they add to $60 but you would only get 1 am plus 1 am, not 3 airmiles. Not sure about this.

You had to actually shop in store and have your card swiped so online wouldn't count (i don't think …)

I read through exclusions and couldn't find anything saying in-store only but I assume you are correct … seeing as I didn't get any airmiles lol. Personally I would think a company is a partner or not a partner, but that's just me.
My reasoning is because it says "Use your BMO Mastercard at 3 participating partners" & once you enter your postal code it shows you a list of Participating partners near you. That is one thing they're *USUALLY* pretty clear about -- when online shopping is required it mentions the website to use to get the miles. Just would hate to have you miss an easy 500 miles.

And the math?? Yeah, i dunno :crazy2:

I received the Metro air miles once as well. Use 95 cash and get 50. I NEVER use cash miles so maybe that's why I received it. Maybe they want me to switch to cash miles. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter